who would win

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Who would win in a one on one brawl, no rules sides no hairpulling or eye goudging and shit

Bruce Lee
88%
Mohammid Ali
12%

Total votes: 122

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

You know you want to. ;)

But please don't. I like having a well known avatar so everyone knows which posts to skip. ;)
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

We know who the noob is when they dont steal fast enough.

I have to say I finally came to a point where this board is totally fucking stupid. Do you peopel relize how stupid you people argue, or try and "up" other people? I have come to the point where I wish Xo never made this board now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm returning to my original avatar. I'm not sure my fragile ego could handle an attack by kyoukan claiming that I'm an avatar hopper. I apologize to those that took the time, creativity and effort to use a celebrity image as their avatar.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Raistin [FoH] wrote:We know who the noob is when they dont steal fast enough.

I have to say I finally came to a point where this board is totally fucking stupid. Do you peopel relize how stupid you people argue, or try and "up" other people? I have come to the point where I wish Xo never made this board now.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Last edited by noel on January 13, 2003, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Aranuil wrote:

Immitation is the greatest form of flattery.
That's why Aranuil uses immitation women. ;)
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

At least the immitations know how to shut the fuck up. ;)
en kærlighed småkager
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Canelek wrote:At least the immitations know how to shut the fuck up. ;)
LMAO!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Winnow wrote:ROFL!

teh sacred avatars have been mocked! It's an unwritten rule...you don't steal another Vaulter's avatar damnit!
I frown upon this behaviour.

*frowns intensely*
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Shaerra wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

I don't get it. :(
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

My eyes hurt from the rampant misspellings of the word "imitation".

IMMMMMMMMMMMMITATION!

Back to your jackassery, pardon the interruption.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Xouqoa wrote:
Winnow wrote:ROFL!

teh sacred avatars have been mocked! It's an unwritten rule...you don't steal another Vaulter's avatar damnit!
I frown upon this behaviour.

*frowns intensely*
New poll!! Who has the best avatar :)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Dogh! Itt is teh langooge polise. using 2 m's in imitation is the cool way to spellt. Don't you want to be cool?
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Make it happen Cid!
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Shaerra wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

So, he has to look no further then you?
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Legenae wrote:
Shaerra wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

Good point... :)
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Shaerra wrote:
Legenae wrote:
Shaerra wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

Good point... :)

!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Aranuil has too much taste to go there.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

cidvicious wrote:Aranuil has too much taste to go there.
Why's that?

Oh, right! Because you don't like what I post on VV, so I'm stupid, and ugly, and smelly, and boring, and poor, and diseased?

-Shae
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Ok.

1. I've seen Tony Danza when I was younger skiing, he wasn't that tall...however he wasn't a midget either. BTW if I remember correctly Tony Danza can box...and he had a decent build, Mr. Danza will show you who's the boss.

I think Winnow is trying to allude to us that he is tall IRL and ths superior to the rest of us....otherwise he would just use the national averages like a normal human being.

Winnow it doesn't matter, how does tall make you superior IRL? Yes sure people go "wow, your tall" but beyond that....and the ability to get shit off the top shelf without standing on your toes...it means nothing to any of us here. It doesn't make you smarter, or stronger, or faster, or nicer, or more attractive, or healthier, or better playing the guitar.....it means absolutely nothing.
-----------------------------------------

Now back to the Subject....

I agree....Grappling > all in a fight. To win a fight that has no rules you need to go to the ground...the martial artist would defiantely take ali to the ground ASAP where Ali has no skills....he would be a fish out of water.

Ali is not accustomed to guarding against attacks below the belt so getting him to the ground would not be that difficult.

Now Lee was not specialized in grappling, but I guarantee he would take it to the mat and finish it.

Now if a Gracie was in the ring with Lee....I dunno, but Gracie may in fact win....problem with grappling is it's fucking boring as shit to watch. Lee was much more entertaining. How often do you watch martial arts films have slow 20 min drawn out choreographed grappling scenes? There is a reason for that....it's boring. But the truth is that's what wins most real fights that aren't just to show people the size of your cock but life and death fighting.

FYI I am not experienced in grappling, I'm not pumping myself up...I'm admiting a grappler with similar strength and hours of training could probably take me down. I can't do grappling or I would have...I have a neck injury and the grappling usually involves OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of hand to neck action....while in a real fight I would ignore that and feel the effects the next day, the continous training would aggrivate the injury every day.

Besides I avoid fights at all costs.....because some mother fucker always has a gun. So I did martial arts for fun....not for fighting. It's a sport like football or basketball or swimming to me.

The human body is weak. If you want to win a fight even without a gun you need to get a tool..I don't care if its a fucking spoon...if your smart that spoon can put the dude in a hospital with 25 stitches to his face, and probably blind. Anything around you is a potential tool. You just have to be willing to go the extra distance. I said I don't fight but if you back me in a corner, you better have life insurance or the only thing your children will inherit from you are your extensive medical bills.
-retired-
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Shaerra wrote:
cidvicious wrote:Aranuil has too much taste to go there.
Why's that?

Oh, right! Because you don't like what I post on VV, so I'm stupid, and ugly, and smelly, and boring, and poor, and diseased?

-Shae
You forgot to add your fucked up attention hoar attitude. But other then that you nailed it.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

ugly, and smelly, (...) and poor, and diseased
Taste doesn't necessarily have anything to do with looks, smell, healthlevel or finances.

Cid might conceivably be hinting at the personality you display here.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

The reason grappling is so superior is as long as you have decent speed to get inside, it's almost impossible for a martial artist to counter your lunge. Not saying it's impossible, just damn near. Really the only chance martial artists have other than counting on the lucky counter to the grapplers lunge, is to get in a few good blows with kicks etc before they lunge in at you which will *hopefully* discourage them.

Do yourselves a favor and go rent some Ultimate Fighting Championships, theres like 12 of em. You won't be disapointed. The best hand to hand fighters have excellent strength, above average speed, and superior grappling ability.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

it would hurt to get hit by Ali if he wasnt wearing gloves.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Yea, in the Octogon, boxers and kickboxers usually win against martial artists, but get creamed by grapplers.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Pilsburry wrote:The human body is weak. If you want to win a fight even without a gun you need to get a tool..I don't care if its a fucking spoon...
hehehe Nice :)
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I watched one UFC tape, some guy just tackled the other guy then just laid there and punched him in the kidney for like 20 minutes...dunno how anyone can watch it.
Masekle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Masekle »

Sylvos wrote:Thank you, for making me waste 11 minutes of my life reading this thread.

You have a life? BAH!!, put your pants on and move on. It will wear off soon.
Masekle/Sandrana
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Bojangels wrote:I watched one UFC tape, some guy just tackled the other guy then just laid there and punched him in the kidney for like 20 minutes...dunno how anyone can watch it.
Ummm... If people can watch golf, or a racecar drive around in circles...

:)
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Announcer to Jeff Gordon: So, Jeff, what's your strategy for today's race?

Jeff Gordon: Well, I'm planning on driving really fast and then turning left. Then, I'm going to drive really fast again and turn left again. Then I'm going to drive really fast and turn left again. I'm going to keep doing that until I win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pilsburry wrote:
I think Winnow is trying to allude to us that he is tall IRL and ths superior to the rest of us....otherwise he would just use the national averages like a normal human being.
You found me out! Leave the psyhchoanalysis to the professionals.
Dig deep enough and I'm sure you'll discover my sekrit gerbil fetish too!

Um, I was actually referring to Tony not being as big as I imagined him. You said yourself, he was a boxer or at least played on on TV. Charles was referred to because he's short for the average, non Jet Li, action movie star...not the official national averages as the freaks spazzed out about on this thread. The hidden message was that he looked like a regular joe and wasn't bigger than life to me...I was an impressionable kid at the time. The lesson learned was that celebrities are nothing to gawk over.

As for height, yes, Manute Bol is the smartest person on the planet. Fool. I didn't want to write a 4 page essay like, say, a pilsburry would, to explain everything so assumed a few people might understand without being babyfed.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

THE DINKA DUNKER!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

kyoukan type-R wrote:what the fuck is the matter with you are you pretending to be stupid in order to get into fights with people?

I'm just under 5 feet tall. I don't go around calling people who are 5'6 tall because 5'6 is not a tall person. People on the internet don't know how tall I am and even if they did, calling somebody tall in relation to myself makes no sense because people have no frame of reference.

You can't seriously be this dumb.
Holy shit if nothing else I now see what your problem is... the string touches the ground doesnt it?

Or you are merely another short person with a Napoleon complex.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

actually I'm not self conscious about my height at all.

keep fishing though, it cracks me up that your whiny little flames are so impotent that you have to squeak something beneath every post I make. if you keep slinging enough feces maybe some of it will stick eh?
Millie

Post by Millie »

I'd have to agree with Raistin here. This board is fast becoming a waste of space. Mostly cool people, but getting baited into stupid flame fests every other topic isn't quite as fun as it was back in the EQVault days. Not that the retard population of the FoH boards is any lower -- in fact, I'd imagine it's just as high. But at least there I can ban people for being stupid. ;)

As for the whole avatar-stealing incident, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Was it an annoying move? Sure. Am I going to shed a tear over switching Avril out of my avatar rotation? Probably not. My only hope for the new avatar is that some moron thinks I'm taking Scientology seriously, and tries to argue with me about it.

When all is said and done, the "STFU" feature is this forum's saving grace. When I don't feel like losing a couple dozen brain cells on any given day, I'll slap someone like Shaerra on ignore -- just as I would quickly switch the channel if Teletubbies came on, or turn off the radio at the first sound of a P. Diddy song. It's all good.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Right Millie. That's why I created a seperate thread for Winnow and his flame followers. Seems to have saved some threads some greaf, but now we have kyoukan flame followers too. Guess I need to make a thread for kyoukan and her loyal subjects as well. This was a fun thread till all the flaming started.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You did fish Xyun away from here to my special thread. That's a start and saved 3 or 4 extra posts on this thread as Xyun bandwagon flames me every time I post.

I've noticed people skip right over the flames and continue on topic so it can be done. There's also the pilsburry method of flaming and then addressing the topic as well. Whatever makes them happy.

What you won't stop are derail flame attempts but they can be ignored.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Masekle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Masekle »

Correct me if I am wrong here.... I get the feeling you are "in" to the martial arts thing? =)
Masekle/Sandrana
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

That bottom pic...Shamrock...watch this man fight, it brings a grown man to tears.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

One of those pictures featured "Karate-Man sporting mullet". He must have that hair to get into fights.

Always remember: Karate-Man bruise on the inside, to hide the hurt.
en kærlighed småkager
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Not that I mind the picture, but isn't it a little weird to see a someone kickboxing in a bra? Is that the do it in the tournaments? :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This guy is pretty tough to beat in the UFC:

Mark Coleman

Win or lose, he is always a tough fight.
Pubin
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Pubin »

Gaklek wrote:Even tho Ali has Parkinsons' I'd still put OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of money on him being able to kick the crap out of Bruce Lee's rotting corpse.
thx laugh.
Don't blame me if you see my old characters acting like asses.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Yea I was not sure Coleman could get past the Russin guy that beat Kerr. Half their size but has excellent grappling endurance. Grats to Coleman on that win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: who would win

Post by Winnow »

Be water my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-cnizLDEE

This thread it is a classic example of the best years of VV. A Bruce Lee vs Ali thread with some great comments breaks down into flames but maintains the topic.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: who would win

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--