What was uber to you?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Shiney Brass Sheild!
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Topper
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Topper »

havent heard FBSS, but once. Before kunark, that belt was godly! If you had a sash you were uber twinked.

Not to mention soulfire.. it was the one reason i started a paladin. Funny thing is, is i didnt own one until i was level 60 :lol:
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:Bone Bladed Claymore.

I still want one.
omg drolgin stole my comment, i bought my first magic weapon when i was a lvl 14 paladin on morrel-thule (my first server) , cost me like 200 pp too, and man oh man ,, i spend hours killing will-o-wisps , made close to 150 pp back in a couple hours too. also when i was about lvl 5ish , still had only gone to 2 zones, wfp and ec for the lvl 4 xp. i saw a barbarian (just thought it was a large human) and his full golden armor was something else (bronze) . just figured he´d have to be really high lvl to get that stuff.
Rasspotari
Rogue
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

/agree Sabek.... when I was a lil one BIBS was the shit... but then I got my dream weapon: The Langseax of the Wulves
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Topper
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Topper »

I wonder... Was ignorance a good thing in eq? I mean, i certainly enjoyed the fun in leveling and getting things on my own. The game was a lot more fun back then. Back when it was Verant, and not SoE. Verant could have made eq so much better than it is now.

Maybe i think this way, because im a guildless mofo?

Topper
Last edited by Topper on June 18, 2003, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesalynn
No Stars!

Post by Jesalynn »

I used to think the Froglock Bonecaster robe was the sexiest and most uber item when I first saw one in FV, think they started appearing about 2 months into the expansion, I wanted one but at the time they were going for 30k or something.

Rayzelle Arietta(retired)
Irulene(retired)
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Dagger of Marnek was like a dream come true! Then I accidentally threw it 3 days later...
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

As far as items goes, Ide have to say duel yaks early in the game. No other graphic like it.
When it comes to myself feeling uber, it would have to be being one of the first non FOH rangers to have full Thorny, and later being the first non FOH ranger to have Trak Bp.
And last, most uber moment....very easy for me. Nagafen with CT =)

uno dos sparty
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Someone gave my Wiz a Mithril Quill at level 8, and I was teh win.
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

First item i gagged for was a Glowing Stein. Alendine robe was mindboggling uber. I remember the GBS being 20kpp when 20kpp was like 34,000,000pp at today's rates.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Deneve »

Sabek wrote:Nothing beats the fury of a warrior dual wielding Mino axes. Those pwned if you were brave enough to venture into the gorge to get them.

And a blackened Iron bastard sword. Ahh the old BiBS. :)
haha, my first char, a SK had a BiBS, i remember my first hit for over 100 in lookout camp in HK :D
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

Nothing could beat camping the Bone Bladed Claymore in Befallen for 18 hours. I doubt anyone even knows what wep I am talking about as not even a newbie would use that wep now.
I remember that weapon very well.

FBSS was only a dream and I thought I would never own something that good.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I remember when I got the Runed Totem Staff I thought I had gotten the best staff in the game. (It was given to me at an early level) I worked HARD to obtain full blackened iron for my level 12 erudite only to be called a twink by every motherfucker that passed me.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Annabelle ksing Dvinn for the dagger, and giving it to me. Was way back in the day,when 10 wizards,2mages and a few stupid melee sat in Dvinns tower to ks him. Breadfann won 6 out of 10 times. Pissed me off and I hated him!
That dagger was the shit yo

Glowing black stone was second. Nothing looked better than a red glowing fist.That was part of the cool guy hill for sure.

Kesmurr,Raismurr Tatmurr!! Brings back tears when we had shuffled around wizards so much, i couldnt remember who i was logging in for VP.

Staff of the Observors was the #1 item in the game when you couldnt turn off spell effects. Loved the GM events, carried around a staff just for one and set it off. Mass LD!
Last edited by Raistin on June 18, 2003, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Shyness ksed my GBS.

Stupid fucking bitch.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

are you serious?

I ks'd shyness' gbs.

my pet owned that stupid gnome before she even stood up.
Revs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Revs »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:Bone Bladed Claymore.

I still want one.
That was my first 2hander. Very special thanks to Deid, Faerin and Jaeron for showing me the ropes when I started playing EQ (Aug '99) :)
aka Trake Daddy 65 Overlord, Cestus Dei [retired]
Diamonds are a girl's blow job enabler
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

kyoukan wrote:are you serious?

I ks'd shyness' gbs.

my pet owned that stupid gnome before she even stood up.
I was a considerably lower level when she did it. She had like 20 or so levels on me when I was camping it. But I got the bitch back at mistmoore when I took a train to her soulfire camp spot. (never understood why a wizzy was camping soulfire parts)
Hiddukel
No Stars!

Post by Hiddukel »

Drachnid Thyxl was the first uber loot I ever got and I was so happy!
Kyria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kyria »

When I was around level 10, Temsel gave me a slime coated harpoon and a bringandine tunic and took me to LFay to kill Cognoggin over and over. Wow was that awesome!
Estrosiath
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Estrosiath »

Shining Metallic Robes.
I remember paying them 7k... And since the guy wanted 8k, I promised I would give him the 1k at a later time. That was ALL the money I had painstakingly assembled ( before Kunark ). And then I never did see him online again. His loss ;)
Oh. I also remember the h8 I had for a rogue that won a SMR in Lower Guk while I was in group :(
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

When I first saw the Barbed Leather Whip I thought that it was the sheeeeit, I spent much Plat to get 2 of them :D

Then I saw Crip kill a Sand Giant in Oasis with Duel Yaks.... for the next 20 levels it was my obsession to get 2 of dem bad boys.... ask any of the old Outriders :razz:
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

First thing I saw that made me go HOLY SHIT was in Blackburrow, first time I saw a troll. I thought it was some uber Boss Gnoll because it was running in the middle of a big massive train of gnolls... I promptly turned tail and ran my level 4 ass off.

Also of special note was Choon and Froon. Exploring West Karana with my ranger friend Greyson, seeing Choon barreling down on us and Greyson gets punked in 1 hit. I still don't know how I got away!

Man.. exploring West Karana.. I miss that feeling :(
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

posted this in the wrong thread, probably did it twice heh.

truncheon of doom to me was the shit. I remember fighting Herzog in the fp arena with my elite squadron and getting him to less then one bubble..then he started healing with that cob bp.
Last edited by Abelard on June 19, 2003, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I was just reminded of levelling up in Unrest, and what a clusterfuck that zone turned into when the Hag got out. And the first time I got a Savant's Cap, and how uber that was at the time...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Salis wrote:Dagger of Marnek was like a dream come true! Then I accidentally threw it 3 days later...
If you look closely, hidden in the grass of CT you will find no less than 5 RBF's buried.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Chidoro wrote:
Salis wrote:Dagger of Marnek was like a dream come true! Then I accidentally threw it 3 days later...
If you look closely, hidden in the grass of CT you will find no less than 5 RBF's buried.

heheh that made me think the same thing, except i have 2 or 3 stuck in the side of the frightfinger house :p
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

I as always pissed that I couldnt loot my RBF from the mob I had hit it with to pull.... damn that fork...

Oh, and Hey Sethric :)
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Boo
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Boo »

For me it was the Mortificator Staff, without a doubt. Spent a good 2-weeks camping that stick in Rathe Mnts. Finally got it after killing a couple billions of wandering lizards and beetles. I still keep it in the bank for nostalgic reasons. 8)
Boo. Oogah Boo. Double Uh-Oh. Licensed to slow.
Jassun
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Jassun »

My first all nighter was camping the PGT ledge. I thought I was the shit after that, heh.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

My first all nighter was the Runed Circlet in perma. I lost the roll EVERY SINGLE MOTHERFUCKING TIME. I lost it about 25 times straight. This was when it was the shit to have a +3 int/wis helmet, especially since it gave casters the chain mail look.

I still hate that fucking camp.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

The Staff of Writhing. When I first got the game, I was a necro (in march of 99). The first time I saw that staff with a skull ontop I just wanted one BADLY!!
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Anaeran Silvermoon »

Ranger with a full banded suit and a dwarven battle axe at level 7 omg i was teh pwn!

This was me till around level 15!! Then i got my PGT from Highpass- I was the man! I miss those days :D
Anaeran Swiftpaw [Ranger]
http://anaeran.blogspot.com/
Targonor Server
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

Dregor Thule wrote:I miss that feeling :(
I miss feelin yo' ass..haha

I found this little gem in my archives..hmm..a certain Ganos...I think it speaks for itself.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Haha.. Seems so long ago. I see it was during an Air prep! <3 the dock.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

Shiney Brass shield!! I could finally see!!!! at night time That was UBER!
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
retiredwikit
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by retiredwikit »

Cartalas wrote:
Kylere wrote:Since I was a paladin at the start I would have to say, Soulfire then FD was it, and one day I will log on the paladin and get a red dragon book and have FD heh.

FD?
Fiery Defender... The paladin epic
Current Character Hanelce.
Ceffin
No Stars!

heh

Post by Ceffin »

Camping my mosscovered twig in frontier mountains.. and getting it...and receiving real life cash offers for it..but i refused. 10 delay made me drool and i hit so fast with it..i'd get the jollies on how fast the damage text was coming through and remembering how hard it was to respond to tells when i was in battles with it.I remember Bakara offering me video cards and stuff...i was offered Cloak Of Flames..etc. In my head i was telling myself ..there are only 10 or so on server..they wont nerf them...they'll be priceless after they nerf the spawn. And yeah, they were nerfed to shit. Fucking Verant.

Anybody rememebr Acel? that gnome warrior who made shitloads of profit..I remember me and him would kinda scam NFP and make OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more money working together :). I remember him telling me pricechecks and everything in tells...on to offer a said item at a certain price so we could jack up hte item price... i went from like 7k to 200K profit back then...talked to this Ebayer(who bought shitloads of stuff ebay...name escapes me..) and he wanted to buy my runed bolster belt..i was quitting soo he said he'd buy it for 500 dollars..and me being silly, gave it to him after a phone conversation/exchanging of addresses. He had a ogre warrior...dark elf rogue i think..he had OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of characters eh oh well
Ceffin/Snugs/Nariss/Flabber
Hottubs/Woodysunshine/Baboonassred on wc3
Retired
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

In early August 1999 I was in Kelethin Bank ... I had just finished banking when in walked a Ranger in Full Rubicite and Dual Ykesha's. I do not remember his name. I was in such awe. I wanted to BE THAT GUY so bad.

Later... I was in Freeport North around the same time frame and saw some dude named "Sean <Fires of Heaven>".

He was a God among us Mortals....

Full Thorny Vine Armor (The Green God)
Cloak of Flames!
Thick Banded Belt
Scimitar of the Mistwalker...
Flux Bladed Axe...

I was stunned and in AWE... I had "read" about them items but NEVER thought I was see them...

I was wrong :)
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

retiredwikit wrote:
Cartalas wrote:
Kylere wrote:Since I was a paladin at the start I would have to say, Soulfire then FD was it, and one day I will log on the paladin and get a red dragon book and have FD heh.

FD?
Fiery Defender... The paladin epic
Thank you
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

I remember loging on and seeing Telemachus in full bronze and thinking "he must be a god". I also remember Robe of the Ishva being 15k, and Glowing Black Stone being 30k. A gnome wizard had both...started with an "A", was in Sons of Steel? Ater? Gah can anyone help me out?
Krurk
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Krurk »

Here are a few pics of some of the people mentioned in this thread back in the day.

This is the original Herzog pre-rok.

Kartak and I duoing clops in OOT.

How most remember Tree. He came back briefly during RoK but it didn't last.

Vernal and I go on a pod-defiling spree across Norrath.

Malyous (bard on the left), Krimson and I used to clear out SG's for several hours a day back when the noobs xp'd in Oasis.

Now for some who have not been mentioned.

Picture says it all

Anyone who remembers Yuugo knew that he was the bomb. One of the first to really bridge the gap between JPN and USA, he was a great cleric, nice guy and all around fun person to be with. MEDIC!

A decent monk and nice guy who has surely been forgotten by most. However, for one day he wrote what could quite possibly be the greatest post in the history of EverQuest... "Wolfina and I are no more" Basically he and Wolfina had a little something going on in game, but another person became involved and Wolfina went to him. So out of no where the guild gets this post outlining how another member of the guild stole his woman and we laughed him right out of the guild for it.
Bratly
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bratly »

sarnak earing of station was uberish back in the day

-brad
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

My first piece of uber loot was a Flowing Black Robe! It wasn't as good as that Oracle Robe the high levels had, but I looked smooth!