First Guild

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

First Guild

Post by Deneve »

i was just having a good time remembering my first guild and all that entailed and was wondering what the name of everyone's first guild was and what level range it was....and i am not talking about the first respectable guild, im talking about the gfay newbie guilds that you joined when you were playing your first ever char :roll:

for me it was on my SK when i joined "evil dynasty" i was gifted a bronze morningstar...and 2 pieces of banded at level 7....good lord i was uber then, almost high enough to get spells :P
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

My first guild was Phoenix Trading Company...I miss those days, guild raids in runnyeye (wipeout x1000), helping Mighteemutt fight spiders in East Karana, guild groups in Sol A...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Decadent Few, formed it with some friends from the MUD I played prior to EQ. If anyone actually remembers it, I call you a liar.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Gatekeepers of Norrath.. beyond newb.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Far Reachers. I think I saw another guildmate only once, and we didn't even acknowledge eachother.

Anyone have a link to the guilds on Veeshan and the order they were created? I've looked for it since I last saw it, but cannot seem to find it. Anyway, Far Reachers was like, the 20th guild created on Veeshan.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

Keepers of life , Joined when I was around 16 or 17. (took ofrever to get dual weild in them days as a Bard. Before that was mainly playing with co-workers who had gotten me started in the game. First major fun in guild was with Innoruuks Hidden Ones. We decided to go Deep into Paw in our mid 30's Total Wipe but fun as hell. Next major fun (forgot guild name but it was Vyrulian, Cartalass, Roxie,and quite a few others) was in POG. Needless to say had only 1 Chanter and 2 Bards for 3 groups. Pogs pop and we have 5 things on us (total of 7) Chanter dies a horrid death (per normal the chanter was being 3rd boxed along with main cleric and main monk puller) Too see 2 Bards hold 7 mobs at bay and keep the mana flowing , slows and such going + haste and such , Damn we were good. That night the Bards shined Roxie and I were the SHIT. : )~ and since then that giuld really respected the power of a Bard.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Lost Children of the Xenoside. I was on the Qeynos side of the world so I wasn't in a guild until level 10 or 11 if I remember correctly
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Phugg_Innay wrote:Keepers of life , Joined when I was around 16 or 17. (took ofrever to get dual weild in them days as a Bard. Before that was mainly playing with co-workers who had gotten me started in the game. First major fun in guild was with Innoruuks Hidden Ones. We decided to go Deep into Paw in our mid 30's Total Wipe but fun as hell. Next major fun (forgot guild name but it was Vyrulian, Cartalass, Roxie,and quite a few others) was in POG. Needless to say had only 1 Chanter and 2 Bards for 3 groups. Pogs pop and we have 5 things on us (total of 7) Chanter dies a horrid death (per normal the chanter was being 3rd boxed along with main cleric and main monk puller) Too see 2 Bards hold 7 mobs at bay and keep the mana flowing , slows and such going + haste and such , Damn we were good. That night the Bards shined Roxie and I were the SHIT. : )~ and since then that giuld really respected the power of a Bard.
The most fun I ever had in that guild was waiting for Rage with your bard cause you had to go to work, God I was cybering every man on the server with it.
Kindo
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kindo »

I remember when I first bought the game, I was reading about guilds in the manual (lol) and thought to myself "I don't need to worry about this stuff, I'll never join a guild". Then I met up with the co-worker who told me about the game and saw he was in Keepers of Life. When I hit level 11 or 12 I asked him how to get in and he said "run over to Lfay". I was grouped in Crushbone at the time, had never ventured further than Kelethin (? - High Elf city) and was nervous as hell making that run (that character was a wood elf rogue for god's sake - I laugh so hard at myself now). I ran over and was guilded just like that. Fun memories.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Da Troll Patrol with my Troll Shaman

I remember the day Wahooka officially became Wahooka Johnson. All us little trolls could only dream of hitting level 20.
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

:shock:

The bulk of them left for Saryrn on the split. A lot I was glad to see go, but there were some really nice folks in that guild. Lead by Gloriel and Phanton if memory serves.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Guff of Souls. I still remember the day Keara (I think that was right) ported into Toxx forest (omg, I was level 8!) and tagged me. We were a small guild and I stayed with Guff until the mid 50s.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I joined Obsidian Guard at level 20. OG was the only guild I ever joined. :<3: the drama.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Guardians of Veeshan at level 12 with my first druid Daellyn.
Fredonia Coldheart
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fredonia Coldheart »

/wave Vae

Guff of Souls was my first guild too. Unfortunately, hubby, our daughter, and I are the only mains left. We just don't play enough (or play too many alts) to join another guild. Though lots of people's alts still call us home.
Fredonia Coldheart
Guff Of Souls - Officer
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

My first guild was Da Troll Patrol, got in at level 15 or so i think, was back when i still got XP in Oasis. Was officer there for a while till i left due to disagreement with the guild leader.

And to answer what Fairweather Pure asked for, you can do a /who guild01, /who guild02 and so on instead of a /who all "Sceptered Isle".
That was we should be able to see which guilds are the oldest (Sceptered Isle is 02, the GMs guild is 34 as far as i recall)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Keeper(s?) of the Eternal Elf!, i was lvl 3 at the time and saw a buncha people with that tag on outside so ijust asked to join and i did, didnt do anything though
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

Outriders of Karana

What a great group of people.
XunilTlatoani
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by XunilTlatoani »

The Elite Force was my first guild that lasted more than 2 days ;)
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Mercenaries of Fate which then merged to form RoS.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Boogahz wrote:Da Troll Patrol with my Troll Shaman

I remember the day Wahooka officially became Wahooka Johnson. All us little trolls could only dream of hitting level 20.
He was a pisser.

Everyone in the zone: WAHOOKA!

Wahooka: BAH!
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Err OCD heh

But Fantazy (Sp?) made the acruonym mean something else to me.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

The Elite Force was my first guild back when Rone and Moth ran the show.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Claeborn recruited me into Crimson Guard at around level 27. We were grouping together in Cazic for a couple days and he recruited several of us simultaneously (Azuth, Blinkle, Kalysta, Thalowin, Fontari, and myself).

because we owned!

:p
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I was in Azure Guard waaaay back in the day. Or was it Crimson Guard? It was some sort of color and then Guard. Been long enough that I can't even recall anymore. Quit playing before Kunark and came back when Velious came out and still had the tag. Did a few "/who all guild" to no avail, I think I was the only one still in it.
Last edited by Sylvus on June 5, 2003, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Arsecn
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Arsecn »

Delharen D'oloth... low-mid level role-play guild. Naggy/Vox raids (wipes) are my fondest memories *sigh*
~ 70 Troll Scourge Knight ~

"You're talking a whole lotta Jibba-Jabba."
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I've always wanted to know where they kept the Eternal Elf...
Skunki
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Skunki »

I joined Guardian of Veeshan as my first guild with my level 12 mage about a couple weeks aftrer release. I remember when Kintyre awarded me with a Blackened Iron Medallion for joining. That was teh uber gear. I also met dremus and dalinar in that guild~ among lots of other long standing friends.
Skunki Goldenheal
Retired!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Also Mercenaries of Fate.

RAWR!
- Ash
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Order of the Crimson Dragon.

It was formed in Beta, I was recruited in East Commons maybe like 2 weeks before beta ended (for joining in public release).

When I joined everyone was level 1 !!! Because it was the first day... When I left I was the second highest person in the guild at level 12....Everyone was poor then, all the people in the guild kept asking me for money and items for thier twinks, when your level 6 on your primary...you don't need a twink.

Anyway that, and the Fantasy incident made me want out bad.
-retired-
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Small Chaotic Gods of War. Stayed to level 51.

Canoe, Hammerstalker, Grinric, Sparck, Shambul, Aliera, Rallistan, Humfrey, Kilrain, and many others. Joined level 1, Canoe, Hammer ran over to Butcher Block with a full set of Bronze, They were a godly level 17 and so uber.

Heh good thread and fond memories.

Cheers
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Damiarch
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Damiarch »

Shadows of Protection :)

All my RL friends that got me into the game, joined this guild, and got me in too.

I still remember my first raid in permafrost...to kill the ice giants...
Last edited by Damiarch on June 5, 2003, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Cartalas wrote:
Phugg_Innay wrote:Keepers of life , Joined when I was around 16 or 17. (took ofrever to get dual weild in them days as a Bard. Before that was mainly playing with co-workers who had gotten me started in the game. First major fun in guild was with Innoruuks Hidden Ones. We decided to go Deep into Paw in our mid 30's Total Wipe but fun as hell. Next major fun (forgot guild name but it was Vyrulian, Cartalass, Roxie,and quite a few others) was in POG. Needless to say had only 1 Chanter and 2 Bards for 3 groups. Pogs pop and we have 5 things on us (total of 7) Chanter dies a horrid death (per normal the chanter was being 3rd boxed along with main cleric and main monk puller) Too see 2 Bards hold 7 mobs at bay and keep the mana flowing , slows and such going + haste and such , Damn we were good. That night the Bards shined Roxie and I were the SHIT. : )~ and since then that giuld really respected the power of a Bard.
The most fun I ever had in that guild was waiting for Rage with your bard cause you had to go to work, God I was cybering every man on the server with it.
you never cyber'ed me :(
(phugg, whispers of fate btw)
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Brotherhood of Balance. I remember my first guild with them on permafrost, not vox, just perma, and we got slaughtered!
ZigginSwigalot
No Stars!

Post by ZigginSwigalot »

2 RL friends and i made knights of Takhisis the week we got EQ.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Pilsburry wrote:Order of the Crimson Dragon.

It was formed in Beta, I was recruited in East Commons maybe like 2 weeks before beta ended (for joining in public release).

When I joined everyone was level 1 !!! Because it was the first day... When I left I was the second highest person in the guild at level 12....Everyone was poor then, all the people in the guild kept asking me for money and items for thier twinks, when your level 6 on your primary...you don't need a twink.

Anyway that, and the Fantasy incident made me want out bad.
Can Pilsbury ever post about himself and not try to make himself out to be the shiznit? Or are you really better than everyone else?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

First guild was Outriders of Karana after which I joined Fires of Heaven.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Sabek, why do you like cock so much?
what the name of everyone's first guild was and what level range it was....
My stating I joined at release, we were all level 1, when I left level 12 was the second highest in the guild, I think I was just answering the question this thread is based on.
Last edited by Pilsburry on June 5, 2003, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-retired-
Jesalynn
No Stars!

Post by Jesalynn »

I don't really remember the first guild I was in, I remember it was something like Faydwer Brotherhood or something along that line. Quit them around level 12 to help get Brothers in Alliance going with some friends, that was my main guild other than CD.

Rayzelle Arietta(retired bard of CD)
Irulene (retired mage)
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

Merciless Justice - Wrecking Crew - OG - Guildless - Retired - Planetside :)
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Aireanna Wyndcather
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Aireanna Wyndcather »

I joined Order of the Guardians, then Gaeus and Kaelani split off and formed Vyrtues of Chyvalry, then they merged with Sceptered Isle, then I left SI to go to Keepers of Life because my parents were in that guild (before they left the game for DAoC), and just recently I left KOL for Altered Visions. :D
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

hehe FoH..met Karanis in beta.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

hmmm I think I joined my first newbie guild in August 1999 called "Sons of Faydwar"

Sooo long ago...
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Dragon Lords of Norrath - *R.I.P.* :vv_sad:
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

murr durr wrote:hehe FoH..met Karanis in beta.
Karanis sold me a Shiny Brass Shield in beta hehe. Met him again in final in Najena...then again as Jeckie.

What was your name in beta? Mine was Brew (also a dwarf cleric)
-retired-
Drustwyn
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Drustwyn »

Order of the Guardians. The level range was like 9 to our highest member (level 35).
beasted
No Stars!

Post by beasted »

Guardians of Veeshan, as my paladin (behox) around level 25 or so, if i remember correctly.

so long ago :(
Sovereign
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Sacred Knights of Norath for lvl 1-9!

Seekers of Lore 11-19

the honorable few? Fuck if I can remember....Diae, what was the name of it again?:P They left the server when it split and became order of the phonix. 23-35

Knights of Force. Tons of close friends in the guild made it fun. 43-50

Fires of Heaven 52-65/reitred
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Divine fury. RAWR!

A RL friend was an officer and tagged me while I was groupped with him in CT, back when I still played my druid.

The most fun people ever we in DF. Secret languages, ekolit shrines, karnor 'raids'

good fun.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Formed Outriders of Karana around level 10 standing in the bottom of Blackburrow along with Nepenthia, Curiel, Crav, and Hasadim.
Adelrune Argenti