Day Two: The Good and The Bad

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Day Two: The Good and The Bad

Post by noel »

Ok, so I played PS at length last night. Yes I had fun.

The game has all the good elements it did in beta. Playing with Drem, Xender (#1 in BEP on the server atm -- Grats Mene!), Gain, and Sarcasm kicks ass.

I like the changes to hacking duration. It makes hackers far more necessary and valuable.

The lattice still forces large follow-the-herd zergfests, but perhaps I'm becoming desensitized to them now. I have a Screenshot from last night of a base we were capping that had four of our Galaxies, 3 harassers, two tanks, and a basilisk parked outside. ><

Cap exp is the way to go at the moment. They appear to have fixed things so you get Cap exp if you're near or far from the base. Not certain how this works at the moment, and frankly I wonder if they are. The new exp system sucks ass, but mostly it sucks that they changed it in what I consider to be a very unscrupulous manner.

At this point, I'd say go ahead and buy it, and enjoy the first free month. There are worse ways to spend $50. All the bad things we knew about are still there, and exp is a bit less. Still, the spirit of what was at one point a really good game struggles on beneath all that, and continues to show itself from time to time.

As an aside, be sure to send one of us a /tell if you get on (Tells are now case-sensitive for some stupid reason), so we can invite you into Wetworks.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

You ever read the Wetworks comics? Cool stuff =)

Last edited by Keverian FireCry on May 21, 2003, 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I read like... the first issue. I wanted to read more, and I don't really remember why I didn't. I LOVED Whilce Portacio's art. Especially when he was penciling X-factor. :)

For whatever reason, on a whim today, I went to Ebay and bid on some dude's entire Wetworks collection. :)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So your team name, is it based of this or? Cause its quite fitting
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It's based on this, but 'Wetworks' is also a generic name for 'covert ops'. The term 'wetworks' was used recently in Vin Diesel's XXX movie to describe him having to lay down the smack with firearms.

Yeah it was something in the back of my mind, and the rest of the outfit agreed to tolerate it. :)
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

should have been VVetworks =(
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ah cool =). Probably one of the most badass comic series ive read.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

pyrella wrote:should have been VVetworks =(
That would have owned. Perhaps we'll remake it... You weren't online to suggest it, and I was being pressured to form an outfit RIGHT THAT SECOND!

Kev, going to dig a post out of the super seekrit VVSpecWar forum for ya as soon as I can find it!

For Kev:
Wetworks = Covert operations, special warfare

It was also a badass comic book (Look it's doodoobrown!):

And halo14

And Brittney!

And Salis!

And Sartori!

Wetworks - puddle w/ purple hair and enourmous breasts:

puddle so cool she has her own action figure!

Another pic highlighting puddle Deathjester in the background:

Did I mention that puddle is the glue that keeps us noobs together and that we all rally around her superior tactics and intelligent discourse?
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Woot. Damn I love the artists for those. Mmmmmmm puddle =p
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Woot. Got my Sunderer cert and I am driving the bus. I love it. Got into a great squad tonight and ended up kicking all you Terrans off our continent. Capping bases, driving to the next, capping that. The life of the Bang Bus driver. I just love running over the idiots who run in front of me.
Adelrune Argenti
Tyrone
No Stars!

Post by Tyrone »

Hey guys, im happily on johari for NC and now the first place killer for NC if you guys ever need an outfit for NC on johari our name is Nova and my name is One.

Seeya on the planetside