Good Weapons Combinations

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Good Weapons Combinations

Post by Avestan »

After literally a week of swapping certs, I found a config that I LOVE.

aplicable certs:

Engineering
Heavy Assault
Special Assault
Reinforced Exo

My equipped weapons are:

1. Eng pistol
2. REK
3. Decimator
4. Chaingun

My inventory is as follows

1 extra decimator
eng penis gun
3 extra eng ammo
200 rounds anti infantry chaingun ammo
50 rounds armor piercing ammo

alt inv for heavy fights

2 extra decimators
1 extra eng ammo
200 anti-inf
100 armor piercing

I was cleaning house inside the base last night. With this config, and advanced regeneration, I can be at full health and armor from almost dead in about 30 seconds.

I use the decimator vs. max and the occasional vehicle and the chaingun for infantry. It is an awesome interior weapon config. I could 1 on 1 kill anything that I came up against because I was always at full health and armor and those weapons are tailored for the indoor fight.

My kill ratio went from about 1 kill to 1.8 deaths when i had no armor or weapons and just drove tanks, to 5 kills to 1 death last night defending and attacking bases. Half of those kills were MAX kills.

On top of being very lethal, I can heal MAX's, generators, terminals, and I can hack. I will be getting hacking and advanced hacking soon and that should really round out this config as an ultimate interior combat infantry unit.

I am curious to hear other people's inventory and weapons configs.
Tyrone
No Stars!

Post by Tyrone »

Weapons
Striker
Cycler
Eng healing thing
hack (REK?)

Inv.
150 normal rounds
9 extra strikers
3 medical kits

I can heal my health, heal my armor, heal others armor, have a generous supply of strikers, and have a decent number of rounds. Although because it takes like 3.2 strikers to kill a fresh MAX, preety much meaning i have to put 4 strikers into a MAX, i might want to check out Stans config for decimator.This Inv. also uses 100% of your invintory
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

I have all 10 Favorites set up and use each according to the situation I'm in. Usually though, you'll find me with a Repeater, Armor Gun, Cycler and Striker. Ammo and medkits to keep me arive.
Gain
No Stars!

Post by Gain »

I've started carrying a med kit around, because it is a good way to save inventory room so you can quickly loot med kits off people you just killed. :-)
Vezot
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vezot »

Agile ExoSuit:
Bolt Driver +30 Rounds + REK + Plasma Grenade + Health Kit = A very unhappy Vanu empire =P
I got laid less when i used a Pentium. I talk about my AMD and how it has 8 data channels instead of 6 and why AMD's QuantiSpeed Architecture easily out-performs Intel's Hyperthreading technology. Suffice to say that it gets the chicks all hot and flustered...
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

im in

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Well im in beta right now and im on Markhov in the TR. All ive done so far was play around in the shooting range. Tonight after I eat Ill probably get on and go reinforced armor at instant action spots. Its been a while since ive played Tribes so I need to get back into the FPS mindset.

I looked at the key mapping and it default seems ok but I want my wheel on my mouse to cycle through weapons. I didnt see this in there. Is anyone getting that to work?
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

cycling weapons

Post by Sartori »

I don't remember seeing an option for cycling weapons (maybe there is one, shrug). You get up to 4 holster slots and they're super easy to just hit a ket to get to. The other thing is you will be putting your weapon away so you can run faster a lot more than you will be switching between weapon slots, IMO.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)