Now im not posting this to get everyone started again!!

What do you think about the world?
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Voronwë wrote:yes newsflash Saddam's regime was barbaric.

that is another part of what made this all possible. That he was a tyranical despot - of our creation - made him an easy target to be the starting point for Region - not regime - Change.

You know Metanis, the "Axis of Evil" is not a real organization. They don't have a secret underwater cave full of supercomputers where they meet to swap nukes.

Explain to me in a concise argument, why invading Iran would be good.

Or North Korea for that matter.

My counterargument for Iran is that their theocracy is already losing power on its own.

My counterargument for NK will start with the hundreds of thousands of people who will die in Seoul within the first week of any campaign there.

so that should give you a good starting point.

BUT THE GATORS WILL LIVE, GOD SAVE THE GATORS.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Cartalas wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:GO BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO USE FUCKING CAPS PROPERLY YOU INBRED PIECE OF HICK SHIT!
Just a simple Fuck you to you Sir, Thanks for making it personal.
Did I touch a nerve? Hit a bit of truth? Was it the lack of a high school diploma? Or was it the inbred piece of hick shit? Or maybe, please oh please, it was both?

Or maybe You're just seNsitive thaT You can't consTRuct a Proper setnence in Teh english language
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Cartalas wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:GO BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO USE FUCKING CAPS PROPERLY YOU INBRED PIECE OF HICK SHIT!
Did I touch a nerve? Hit a bit of truth? Was it the lack of a high school diploma? Or was it the inbred piece of hick shit? Or maybe, please oh please, it was both?

Or maybe You're just seNsitive thaT You can't consTRuct a Proper setnence in Teh english language
Nope no nerve hit here, Im not the one that has been banished for life to Canada.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Cartalas wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
Cartalas wrote:

Nope no nerve hit here, Im not the one that has been banished for life to Canada.
Zing! Ahhh! Like I've been stabbed through the heart! You got me, dude, I'll be feeling that one for years. You keep fighting the good fight, standing up for the right to be an ignorant waste of flesh, and, let's not forget the dispenser of harsh insults!

You're the Yakov Smirnoff of the VV community!
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

And you sir are the Tom Greene.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

both yakov and greene are funny, how are they being used as insults?
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Cartalas wrote:
Voronwë wrote:

My counterargument for Iran is that their theocracy is already losing power on its own.

My counterargument for NK will start with the hundreds of thousands of people who will die in Seoul within the first week of any campaign there.

to be honest that is more of a reply than i expected from you. Because I obviously already knew you were uninformed and unequipped to truly comment on the matter.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Voronwë wrote:
Cartalas wrote:
Voronwë wrote:

to be honest that is more of a reply than i expected from you. Because I obviously already knew you were uninformed and unequipped to truly comment on the matter.
I chose not to respond because for once I agree with you ( and I didnt want anyone to know that for your sake), So I chose to joke about it.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

GOOD!

FINE!

OK THEN!

want to grab a beer?

:vv_booze:
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Voronwë wrote:GOOD!

FINE!

OK THEN!

want to grab a beer?

:vv_booze:

Here ya go.

ImageImageImage
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

Voronwë wrote: My counterargument for NK will start with the hundreds of thousands of people who will die in Seoul within the first week of any campaign there.

Just a question, to clarify Voronwë. When you say people will die in Seoul, do you mean from American troops fighting in the streets?

The reason I ask, is that Seoul is in South Korea, about 100 miles south of the DMZ. Between Seoul and the DMZ is the entire 2nd Infantry Division.

If you mean the North will launch rockets, then I can see your point. But if you meant by us invading, and the typical tactic to bomb the places into submission thereby hitting civilians with collateral damage, then you would be wrong on that point.

Just curious if that is what you meant.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Fizzlewhip wrote:
Voronwë wrote: My counterargument for NK will start with the hundreds of thousands of people who will die in Seoul within the first week of any campaign there.

Just a question, to clarify Voronwë. When you say people will die in Seoul, do you mean from American troops fighting in the streets?

The reason I ask, is that Seoul is in South Korea, about 100 miles south of the DMZ. Between Seoul and the DMZ is the entire 2nd Infantry Division.

If you mean the North will launch rockets, then I can see your point. But if you meant by us invading, and the typical tactic to bomb the places into submission thereby hitting civilians with collateral damage, then you would be wrong on that point.

Just curious if that is what you meant.

I am 99.9999999999999% sure he meant Missiles 8)
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

I am pretty sure as well, but you never know.

Part of the reason, is that typically when the US attacks, we attack a nation, we hit the enemies capital. The capital of NK is Pyongyang. His mention of Seoul tends to lead to confusion.
Last edited by Fizzlewhip on May 1, 2003, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Seoul can be shelled by North Korean artillary and missile positiosn which are already entrenched. there are also many which are portable that are in tunnel-like garage structures so they are not visible to satellite, but can be quickly set up and fired, then broken down and hidden again.

I am saying NK would hammer Seoul (and probably more than that). Since NK cant really do much to the US, they will strike what they can were we to try to invade them. And tehy could absolutley bury Seoul, and that is a pretty hefty deterrent to the US entering into a military conflict with them.
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

K. Thanks

Though in fairness, the 2nd ID has a pretty good idea where the entrenched artillery pieces are, as well as the tunnels. However, those NK's are pretty eh-sneaky-sneaky. They are always digging more tunnels. :)

edit: btw, I DO NOT think invading either Iran or Korea would be a good idea.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Of course the 2nd ID is also within shelling range.. oh and you would think they knew fairly well where the missile sites in Iraq were as well yet they got plenty of shots off.

Invading NK would be a bloodbath on both sides of the border.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I DO NOT think invading either Iran or Korea would be a good idea.
Yeah because they both are very close (or already have) NOOKYOOLER capabilities and neither country has substantial amounts of oil.
Unlike Iraq, Iran and North Korea actually have the means to inflict a lot of American casualties.

Maybe George Bush isn't as stupid as we think.
He picked the smallest kid (Iraq) on the block to bully.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

miir wrote:
I DO NOT think invading either Iran or Korea would be a good idea.
Yeah because they both are very close (or already have) NOOKYOOLER capabilities and neither country has substantial amounts of oil.
Unlike Iraq, Iran and North Korea actually have the means to inflict a lot of American casualties.

Maybe George Bush isn't as stupid as we think.
He picked the smallest kid (Iraq) on the block to bully.

You take that back He did not pick on Canada :razz:
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

Kelshara wrote:Of course the 2nd ID is also within shelling range.. oh and you would think they knew fairly well where the missile sites in Iraq were as well yet they got plenty of shots off.

Invading NK would be a bloodbath on both sides of the border.
The problem with most of Iraq's missiles is that they were on MOBILE SCUD launchers. Makes it much more difficult to find.

And yes, 2ID is within shelling range, however NK does not have the bunker busting technology. All American Army bases have bunkers. A sneak attack will destroy the barracks, etc, but the command and control elements are deep in the ground.

Iran has less capability to inflict casualties on the US than Korea, but they are still not worth messing with. Not so much for thier military might, but for the political influence they have. US has already severely damaged its ties with the middle east, and to attack Iran would push the envelope.

I did not think Iran had nukes yet, but was actively trying to develop. AFAIR, the only countries with verified nuclear weaponry are: China, US, UK, France, India, Pakistan, NK, Isreal, and Russia. Countries developing or persuing NOOKYOOLEEEARR technology are: Algeria, Belarus, Iraq, Iran, Kazakhstan, Serbia, South Africa, and the Ukraine. However, this data is over 3 years old, and Iran could have very well have finished developing its nuclear program. I just don't have time today to find the relevant, current articles. :-k