Regarding the Prowler:

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Regarding the Prowler:

Post by Akaran_D »

Possible to be both the driver and the gunner, or does one NEED a gunner for it?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Need a 2nd\3rd person to man the guns.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

ok. Opposed to a fighter where you get to do both roles, right?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Blackwind
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Blackwind »

If you mean that in a mosquito and reaver you are pilot and gunner all in one...yes. :)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Avestan can answer all of your prowler questions.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Zamtuk wrote:Avestan can answer all of your prowler questions.
Zam, Stan called me at home. He wanted to know if you can be his gunner... :P
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I am too busy being the only passenger in puddle's galaxy.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Zamtuk wrote:I am too busy being the only passenger in puddle's galaxy.
Lies!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Not lies. I am wasting all the ammo waiting for the rest of you guys.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Zamtuk wrote:Not lies. I am wasting all the ammo waiting for the rest of you guys.
I'm like... the first one to the Galaxy every time so I can control the coveted ASS GUN!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Who wants to be my gunner when the servers come up? I have two spots open.

No, seriously here is my treatise on the prowler:

You have to be willing to let other people have most of the fun, you job is to stay alive. The biggest disadvantage to being a prowler driver is that it does no good if you want to secure anything. There is also a major problem in the fact that even gunned, you cannot really kill anything on the walls. This is very frustrating given that NC phoenix dont even need line of site to hit you and phoenix do about 10% damage per hit. It sucks.

You also MUST have engineering as a cert before you should dream about hopping in. Without the ability to repair said tank, you will never even make it to the next base most of the time.

In addition to engineering, hacking and advanced hacking are nearly as important so that you can hack the vehicle terminals in enemy bases to get a tank. Now. . .getting to the vehicle terminal in an enemy base in agile armor is. . .challenging. My advice, bring lots of grenades and pray. . .a lot.

All of that having been said, the prowler has its place. With continental exp going in, that will be a big help. The prowler is best in the open. . .somewhat in the courtyard, but moreso intercepting people trying to charge a base. In the open, the prowler can kill anything in the game head to head except maybe a reaver if the pilot is good and I am off my game. If you never want to see the inside of a base, this is a good cert. It is also fun as hell to run stuff over.

The prowler is also good at holding a base. It takes a lot to uproot a prowler without AV people on the walls or reavers in the air, but in the endgame, it is not the open ground between bases or the courtyard that matters. It is the CC and generator rooms. This is why I am considering a wholsale swap of certs.

The base cost of driving a prowler is too high for the gain in my opinion. You can do more good in a MAX in the CC or as a special weapons or AV gunner on the walls or in the base.

Personally, I think that I am going to swap out prowler for sunderer and go for some kind of advanced weapons. I believe either this, or a MAX with pilot option is superior to prowler as it is now.

In order for me to change my mind, I would need the tank to get twice the armor and a boost in power.

The sunderer is the ultimate tool for taking towers and not too shabby at going base to base. I also think it will satisfy my ugre to run shit over.

But. . .if you get a prowler, Ill gun for you anytime.
Last edited by Avestan on April 25, 2003, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Avestan wrote:But. . .if you get a prowler, Ill gun for you anytime.
Bullshit. You will laugh maniacally while the driver spams for hours.
Eligorn
No Stars!

Post by Eligorn »

Remember when driving a tank that the gunners have a limited max angle up and down. SO, if you are running over someone that is fine and dandy...but between 90-75 degrees and 0-45 the gunner cant hit shit. (btw im drunk so those angles might be a bit off ...shoot me eh :twisted: )
Joo want spoon?
Tyrone
No Stars!

Post by Tyrone »

Personally, if the prowler is anything like the vanguard of NC, it is a feared weapon to any MAX, ive never taken out a vanguard in an AV max, two shots of that turret and im toast. Also i think the tank is an un-expoited atvantage right now, lets speculate that through teamwork you could find the right angle so that a rocket would hit the door...given the AMPLE supply of tank rockets as well as the multiple passenger that can carry tank rockets, what if a tank could keep fireing at a main door from an nearby tower, ive seen a tank shoot from a tower to hit the main base..with an excellent person you could preety much have a CY airstrike from the tower with somone good at trajectory shots. What do the closed beta VVs think?
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Hopefully the new matrix system will give vehicles a big boost, it's going to be OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more about massed assaults and defence now and nothing kicks ass like a main battle tank!

Also Ave I was thinking, the more people have Prowler cert the better it will maybe get, some sort of driver/gunner rotation between them? That way it isn't just one guy that drives all the time and sees little of the fun of it.
Last edited by Salis on April 25, 2003, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

What do you think artillery is? indirect fire could be a very cool tactic if the range on the vehicles is good. I haven't been on in a week because I get in and crash repeatedly but I am in artillery in real life and they don't call it king of battle for nothing. Get a good spotter to adjust fire and you could own things pretty well.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am going to try this tonight. . .Ill just park outside bases that should now be crawling with enemies and lob shells into the base. Now I wont beg for gunners, just spotters.
Gud
No Stars!

Post by Gud »

I think you would do more damage by just driving your prowler around stan. :twisted: Hell my initiation to the VV crew was riding shotgun with stan, talk about a crash course.