Child of Light

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Child of Light

Post by Funkmasterr »

Played a couple of hours of this last night, and I really enjoyed it. The painted look is perfect for it, and the battle system can be surprisingly engaging if you want it to be. I think for fifteen dollars this is pretty tough to pass up on if you enjoy RPG's, of course it's better on the PS4 (like everything else).
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Child of Light

Post by Animalor »

Microsoft is sticking to it's Wednesday released schedule for "Arcade" games, even though that differentiation doesn't exist on the Xbox One.

Then again, it being released yesterday wouldn't have helped me as my internet was down all day while I transitioned between ISP's for the first time in 10 years.

I bought it from their online store from this office this morning so it should be all downloaded and waiting when I get home tonight.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Looks good. But not enough to make me overcome my fear of JRPGish games. Turn based combat! Going to have to pass.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Looks good. But not enough to make me overcome my fear of JRPGish games. Turn based combat! Going to have to pass.

Cool. I didn't realize it was turn based. That's a plus for me. I'll have to check it out after my obsession with World of Warplanes subsides. (Xbox One version of course!)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Honestly, give the demo a try Aslanna. It's turn based, but there are a lot of ways to manipulate turns, it's a really cool combat system. I'm coming up on the temple of the moon, I've been taking my time and trying to find everything and doing a little leveling here and there. I feel like I've probably spent 6 hours on it so far and I'm not halfway through yet.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got around to finishing this up tonight. Well worth the price, it was a fun little game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I want to play it, but when I look back at how many 7th generation PSN and XBL games I bought but never finished it makes me hesitate.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I've been enjoying this quite a bit, it's a very relaxing, beautiful to look at RPG.
[Show]
I just got past the part where I saved the moon. Am I nearing the end?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:I've been enjoying this quite a bit, it's a very relaxing, beautiful to look at RPG.
[Show]
I just got past the part where I saved the moon. Am I nearing the end?
You've got another dungeon and the story in between, I believe. I took my time and got all of the trophies and it took me about 15 hours.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Are you on uPlay Funk? I'm 1 achievement short in Child of Light and it's the fucking friends uplay cheevo.

I just need to send some 1 Oculi and I've got the full thousand on Xbox One.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I am, I'm not sure what my name is on there, though. I'll figure that out later when I'm at home and let you know.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pretty game. Relaxing/casual. Maybe best "indie" game I've played. I got stuck immediately in the game though. I missed one spot where you could jump up and wasted like 20-30 minutes. When Aurora gets to fly, it becomes much better.

Reubella's multi-target tumble (interrupt) with a high level oculi paralysis equipped is fairly overpowered. Using that and constantly slowing with the waterdrop looking guy had made battles easy so far.

Still relatively early on, but seems a bit easy on "normal" mode.

Speed seems to be the most important stat. Make some diamonds.

Handy Oculi crafting reference:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/child-of-light/Oculi_Crafting

The stats are a little off on some things (princess is 40% damage, diamond speed is 4x at faceted and 6x at brilliant, i've noticed so far)