DVR to PC ?

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Knarlz
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

DVR to PC ?

Post by Knarlz »

Please forgive me for not even knowing the correct questions to ask but....

I have a 3 hour recording on my cable box dvr that I want to transfer to my PC.
[Show]
Background: My wifes granddaughter, now a high school senior, is on her school basketball team. Aslo one of her daughters lives in Akron OH. As such my wife started following LeBron James, then in Cleveland, and the NBA in general. This has developed into a full blown basketball jones.

For the wifes birthday last year, I signed up to NBA league pass, giving TV access to vertually all the NBA games played. For Christmas last year I got her ( and myself) a weeks vacation in Florida. While these were relitavily self serving gifts, she liked them better than the usual vacuum cleaner or such gifts!

For our trip I planned out a couple of NBA games. One of them turned out to be the "Cryami Heat" game where inspite of thier big 3 all scoring over 20 points , they were spanked by Rose and the Bulls. The other game was up in Orlando, where I was able to take out a small loan and get 2nd row seats. This game turns out to have been when Howard served his only suspension! bleh! None the less, before the trip, I set up the DVR to record the Orlando game. Upon our return, it actually worked and there are several shots of my wife and I at the game.

So far so good. This year my wife has discovered a cable channel dedicated to shows where wifes murder their husbands. This keeps the DVR at 2/3rds full. Still ok intill she found a series of shows where wives who murdered their husbands break out of prison. This is an obvious problem! It fills the DVR!!
I’m at work at the moment and cant see what my DVR/TV/PC vid card has but I do know I have a HDMI and component out from the DVR.

Assuming I can connect to a Vid card input, how would I capture the program so I could play and pause it to at least use screen capture and ms paint to archive some shots of us there?
Pride of nationality depends not on ignorance of other nations, but on ignorance of one's own.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: DVR to PC ?

Post by Xatrei »

If you're so inclined, you might find that it's easier to download a copy of the 7 March 2011 game.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Knarlz
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knarlz »

Xatrei wrote:If you're so inclined, you might find that it's easier to download a copy of the 7 March 2011 game.
thanks.
Good idea. Can't find it so far but I'll keep trying.
Pride of nationality depends not on ignorance of other nations, but on ignorance of one's own.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

You might have a hard time finding it as a torrent since I doubt many will still be sharing it, but it's available on usenet if you have a provider with long enough retention.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

So far so good. This year my wife has discovered a cable channel dedicated to shows where wifes murder their husbands. This keeps the DVR at 2/3rds full. Still ok intill she found a series of shows where wives who murdered their husbands break out of prison. This is an obvious problem! It fills the DVR!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
en kærlighed småkager