Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Qwest Centurylink

Post by Canelek »

Anyone use this provider? Seems in line with what the others offer (Fios, Comcast, etc.). FIOS seems to be more geared towards building out infrastructure in suburban areas, so I do not figure it will be in my area any time soon.

So, really my only option is Comcast since I do not want to do any satellite service.

I hate Comcast. I hate them even more than I hated Time Warner when I lived in CA.

Curious as to whether Qwest has their shit together or not and most importantly; is their internet service at least on par with the other folks? Being newly-re-branded, or whatever, their intro rates are pretty nice and you do not have to take a Land Line in the process.
en kærlighed småkager
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Qwest Centurylink

Post by Sartori »

I hate Quest and Comcast, but I take the lesser of two evils which in my case is Comcast. In fact, most of my family has had major hatred-inducing problems at one time or another with them either with their land line or cel service. Mine was DSL related years ago. It's better than nothing I suppose. I don't know what type of internet service they provide now besides DSL, but I don't really care either. I've had their service, I've had Comcast. I'll stick with Comcast for nowl.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

My company uses Qwest. When we do work in our Chicago data center we have to pass by the Qwest... err... Centurylink security system. They're certainly on top of that shit. We use them to facilitate remote installs and such and they are more than adequate. Can't speak much for internet speeds, though.

Centurylink sent a couple guys over to familiarize us with what's new since they changed their name ( :() , including (would you guess) new infrastructure, which should really benefit our company once we start using it. Fewer points of failure and no middle men for the win. :)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh, they use directTV...interesting. I'll need to mull this over a bit.

Also, I posted this in the wrong forum. =(
en kærlighed småkager