League of Legends

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

League of Legends

Post by Avestan »

Having fun right now playing this. It is basically DoTA on steroids.

Free to play and you can really do everything without buying the extras. If you want to check it out, we have a small group playing and I am "Mikey2000" on the us servers.

This is a great site that has guides for all of the champions:

http://www.leaguecraft.com

Use this link to give me a bonus if you decide to check it out :)

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... 8220475119
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: League of Legends

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm semi interested in this type of game, but I'll wait until Steam releases their version of DotA.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

That the Penny Arcade guys are so into this game has me considering spending some time on it.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I came in as a dota neophyte and have picked it up quickly. I am still having a lot of fun.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Yet another game that requires installing Pando.. pass!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I'm having tons of fun playing this game. Veigar is the best!
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I'm a big fan of Malzahar and Chogath. I mostly just play with my friends though.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Rammus~
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I love rammus, vayne, and morde - going to try out brand soon.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Been trying out a lot of new champs lately. My two new favorites are:

Blitzcrank is an amazing melee champ - he's tough as hell with a decent healthpool and a sub-20% shield passive, his main ability is a skillshot grip that, if utilized well with a lane-mate, leads to some amazing ganks. He has another ability that pops champs up in the air for even more control, and can be paired with his grip to great effect. Oh, and his ultimate does an aoe silence. So yeah, this guy might not have the greatest individual damage output and he can't 1v1 for shit, but when paired with a decent, bursty champ like Ryze it's game over.

Twitch... well what can you say about a champ that does regular attacks for over 300-400 damage (and fast, too) and can freaking stealth and move around on virtually no cooldown. Overpowered as hell, albeit a bit squishy.

I still play Malzahar a lot too. Something about dropping a null zone after throwing up my dot and then stunning them for 2.5 seconds while they die satisfies me to no end.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I've mostly only played with Ashe and then Urgot, I'll probably try someone new this week.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

My champs:

AD Carry: Tryndamere
AP: Kennen
Tank: Rammus (going to try Amumu and Alistar this week)
Support: None yet - I am told not to bother until levels 15+

My nick is Mikey2000 if anyone wants to connect and play a few games.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

If you guys have interest in dota style games - this continues to be a ton of fun.

They are also announcing a tournament with a $5 million first prize. . .seems legit to me. Lots of people playing and they introduce new champs about every 2 weeks. It is awesome to play a game with significant new content constantly rolling out and changing the game.

If anyone is interested but intimidated by jumping into these games, message me. Happy to play tutor and help you get better.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Bagar- wrote:Been trying out a lot of new champs lately. My two new favorites are:

Blitzcrank is an amazing melee champ - he's tough as hell with a decent healthpool and a sub-20% shield passive, his main ability is a skillshot grip that, if utilized well with a lane-mate, leads to some amazing ganks. He has another ability that pops champs up in the air for even more control, and can be paired with his grip to great effect. Oh, and his ultimate does an aoe silence. So yeah, this guy might not have the greatest individual damage output and he can't 1v1 for shit, but when paired with a decent, bursty champ like Ryze it's game over.

Twitch... well what can you say about a champ that does regular attacks for over 300-400 damage (and fast, too) and can freaking stealth and move around on virtually no cooldown. Overpowered as hell, albeit a bit squishy.

I still play Malzahar a lot too. Something about dropping a null zone after throwing up my dot and then stunning them for 2.5 seconds while they die satisfies me to no end.
Blitz has awesome utility. The combo I have been playing with one of my friends is Kennen (me) and Amumu (him). Both champs have legit aoe stuns and we can effectively lock the entire opposing team down for 5 seconds if we pull off our combos and placement. If our dps is on their game, we pull a lot of aces (entire other team dead at the same time).
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Started playing this last week. Stuck mainly to the 5vs5AI but recently have been doing the normal matches. Been having a blast though. I do alright for myself. Usually only play as either Ashe, or if another good carry on my team I'll play Morgana.

Summoner name is Gonzinator if you want to add as friend.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Avestan wrote:Use this link to give me a bonus if you decide to check it out :)

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... 8220475119
I came here to post that I DLed it last night and did the tutorial and then saw your link, now I feel like a douche! Sorry about that!

I was watching the current DotA 2 matches taking place and thought the game looked like a lot of fun. Then I heard DotA 2 wouldn't be out until next year, and since these games are all essentially the same, I thought "What the hell" and tried it out last night. In essence, I think all the current DotA 2 buzz is amazing free advertising for LoL and HoN! It's all the same, why wait for DotA 2 when you could be playing now?!?

So, how does payment work in this game? I saw character packs and stuff "on sale" on the official site (WoW ripoff btw) but didn't see any way to buy them or see other stuff for sale. Is all that in-game? (I only played the 5 minute tutorial, it was late).

Also, I chose LoL over HoN because LoL supports EyeFinity!

EDIT: Which looks like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27t8Nyh ... re=related
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Fair, when you complete a match, you gain IP points. These points can be spent at the store to buy champions, runes, etc.
You can also buy RP points with cash. These points also unlock champs, runes, etc., but at a drastically reduced rate. A champion might cost 6100 IP, but only 400 RP. That's because the IP were free, but the RP cost money. If you want to spend money, you can do so. You can also play this game completely free as long as you get enough IP. These are some champions and most of the skins that require RP, but for the vast majority you can treat it as a free-to-play so long as you spend enough time in it. It's a wonderful FTP system.

My name is Kaldaur on there, lvl 21 now. Drop me a message if anyone wants to play sometime.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am actually pretty sure that there are no champs that cannot be bought with ip.

btw - I have a mumble (teamspeak / ventrillo alternative) server that I use for whatever game I am playing and right now am using it as a hub for all of the folks I know playing LoL (about 12 of us). If you feel like playing with people and using voice to coordinate, send me a pm and I will give you the info. We have people of all levels and abilities on there. Voice improves your pvp odds dramatically :)
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Karthus is my new favorite toy.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I just bought Vayne and have been thinking about getting Karthus. He seems fun. Problem is I enjoy playing Morgana too much to use another caster type.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

The thing about Karthus is, people sure love to tell you how to play him. I keep getting told to use my ult before battle for max dps, then the next game, I keep getting told to use it last.

I wish people weren't such assholes in this game.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Nidalee is where it's at. Get about 400-500 ap, and you can throw her spear for 1000+ damage.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Lynks wrote:The thing about Karthus is, people sure love to tell you how to play him. I keep getting told to use my ult before battle for max dps, then the next game, I keep getting told to use it last.

I wish people weren't such assholes in this game.
Use it both ways, but usually the way to do it is to get kills of people running at the end of engagements. The word on the street is that he will be nerfed soon because they are trying to get rid of global ultimates and his is annoying if you are not him :). The ability to do 20% damage to all champs globally is just a little OP honestly.

We have a great group playing now. Some of you should find me :) Friend Mikey2000.