Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Rise of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

Post by Canelek »

Although I never really cared for the original(s) or the Marky Mark remake, this looks like a fairly fun movie! It would be better with zombies though!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/apeswillrise/
en kærlighed småkager
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Rise of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Zombie Apes? :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I see the trailer, and I can't help thinking to myself, "I don't care how many, or how 'smart' they are, our military wouldn't just lose to apes. I'm sorry...guns are fucking overpowered against apes." I'm sure the movie has a cute way of getting past our far superior way of weaponry and warfare.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Zombie Apes? :D
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Entertaining movie. You know it is good when the awful james franco doesn't fuck it up!
en kærlighed småkager
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Canelek wrote:james franco
This name alone keeps it from my 'ever see' list. I've heard it's good though.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

TBH, the "human" acting is fairly weak. This movie is all about the apes though. In fact, I think I'd prefer the entire movie be about monkeys and apes straight-up wrecking shit...maybe in the sequel!

Oh, even though it is not exactly original, the foreshadowing of human demise was cohesive enough.
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Canelek wrote:TBH, the "human" acting is fairly weak. This movie is all about the apes though. In fact, I think I'd prefer the entire movie be about monkeys and apes straight-up wrecking shit...maybe in the sequel!

Oh, even though it is not exactly original, the foreshadowing of human demise was cohesive enough.
I read an article about the writer and/or director, and he mentioned that he had already been planning a sequel, and that he wanted to make it like "Full Metal Jacket with Apes", set 8 years after the events of ROTPOTA and dealing with the next generation. I would totally see that!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:
Canelek wrote:james franco
This name alone keeps it from my 'ever see' list. I've heard it's good though.
He may suck in general but 127 Hours was a good movie.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Kluden wrote:I see the trailer, and I can't help thinking to myself, "I don't care how many, or how 'smart' they are, our military wouldn't just lose to apes. I'm sorry...guns are fucking overpowered against apes." I'm sure the movie has a cute way of getting past our far superior way of weaponry and warfare.

Spoiler!
[Show]
The virus that makes apes intelligent is poison to humans. There is no war against the apes. They win because they survive the plague man releases upon itself on accident. The apes are now intelligent and win by default, inheriting our world.
The movie has great word of mouth. I wasn't expecting much but ended up really enjoying it. The second trailer is much better at showing the tone of the movie IMO.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Thanks Fair. I expected as much, nice bit o' movie magic as expected.
Last edited by Kluden on August 12, 2011, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Kilmoll has not posted in this thread.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

yeah, I shouldn't read the riot thread at the same time...haha

Sorry Bro, updated to you!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The movie was entertaining. A sequel, just like the old Ape series, will be even better.

A few comments:
[Show]
-Just how many ape/monkeys/chimps are there in San Francisco? They were pouring out of everywhere.

-I realize the gas/formula makes the monkeys smart but even Caesar had to learn before he started doing amazing things. The gassed monkeys seemed to pick up on things fast...which makes me wonder how the hell the monkeys/apes/chimps that came from the zoo knew what to do since they received no formula. Did monkeys gain telepathy as a side effect? The Zoo monkeys went from captivity to one hell of an organized special operations unit in about 20 minutes with no gas and zero training.

-what in the hell is it with monkeys blasting through glass windows? Monkeys/Chimps/Apes are strong but even they don't just plow through windows, especially strong reinforced building windows. For some reason, they all busted through the top windows of their holding cell playground, and then they all bust through separate windows when leaving the Laboratory.
Curious how about 20 chimps/monkeys that where exposed are going to spread/breed fast enough to make a full world of smart apes/monkeys/chimps in eight years, if that's the timeline for the next movie.

I like how they showed the Mars mission. Looks like they plan on having that crew return to Earth similar to the first series of movies. They also showed Cornelia briefly but nothing came of it. I suppose Caesar hooks up with her later.

James Franco did nothing to help this movie but he also did nothing to hurt it. The actress from Slumdog Millionaire is hot.

They had to accelerate everything in the movie. I can easily picture a virus wiping out most of the human population but even if a handful of monkeys/apes/chimps were exposed to the smart gas, it would take a long time for them to breed and spread.

I can't wait to see if they eat meat in the next movie!