10/10 Movies

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

10/10 Movies

Post by Winnow »

The only requirement for listing a movie here is that you personally rate it a 10/10. It doesn't have to be your all time favorite or some epic movie with deep meaning. Whenever a movie comes to mind you think is 10/10, post it here...not 9/10...10/10. You can explain why if you want or just post the name.

10/10 does not mean flawless. That's impossible. You can nitpick a movie to death.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Last edited by Winnow on July 8, 2011, 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: 10/10 Movies

Post by Fairweather Pure »

When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest Samurai in the empire, and he was the Shogun's decapitator. He cut off the heads of 131 lords for the Shogun. It was a bad time for the empire. The Shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out. People said his brain was infected by devils, and that he was rotting with evil. The Shogun said the people were not loyal. He said he had a lot of enemies, but he killed more people than that. It was a bad time. Everybody living in fear, but still we were happy. My father would come home to mother, and when he had seen her, he would forget about the killings. He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him. Maybe that was the problem. At night, mother would sing for us, while father would go into his temple and pray for peace. He'd pray for things to get better. Then, one night the Shogun sent his ninja spies to our house. They were supposed to kill my father, but they didn't. That was the night everything changed, forever. That was when my father left his samurai life and became a demon. He became an assassin who walks the road of vengeance. And he took me with him. I don't remember most of this myself. I only remember the Shogun's ninja hunting us wherever we go. And the bodies falling. And the blood.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not sure I can go 10/10 but here are three movies (off the top of my head) I could watch over and over and not get tired of them so pretty close to being 10:

October Sky - 1999 (Out of the three listed here.. Watch this one if you haven't!)
Ever After - 1998 (I don't care what anyone says.. It's a good movie. I really like Drew Barrymore in this.)
The Big Lebowski (1998) (omg no comment needed. Has to be one of the most quotable movies ever!)

Guess I gotta add images.. Everyone else is! You'd think trailer links would be enough!

(If they red x too bad!)
Last edited by Aslanna on July 9, 2011, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I can name a crapload of older movies so I'll keep this to something new for now.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

In my review I gave it 9/10 but it has held up to many repeat viewings, hence the rating increase. :)

Last edited by Canelek on July 8, 2011, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
en kærlighed småkager
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail fin. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark will go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba, where are you linking your images from? (gstatic?) I'm looking for a good static movie poster resource to suggest linking for this thread and that image size looks just about right. Not too big.

Hackers 1995
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Requiem For a Dream
Donnie Darko
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Phat Azz White Girls # 14
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Image
This
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:Not sure I can go 10/10 but here are three movies (off the top of my head) I could watch over and over and not get tired of them so pretty close to being 10:

October Sky - 1999 (Out of the three listed here.. Watch this one if you haven't!)
Ever After - 1998 (I don't care what anyone says.. It's a good movie. I really like Drew Barrymore in this.)
The Big Lebowski (1998) (omg no comment needed. Has to be one of the most quotable movies ever!)
You forgot The Core.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

He did not care any more... life and death... the same. Only that the crowd would be there to greet him with howls of lust and fury. He began to realize his sense of worth... he mattered. In time, his victories could not easily be counted... he was taken to the east, a great prize, where the war masters would teach him the deepest secrets. Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock. But, always, there remained the discipline of steel.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

The Riddle of Steel?

THE RIDDLE OF STEEEELLLLL!!!!!1!!1
en kærlighed småkager
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What is chess, do you think? Those who play for fun or not at all dismiss it as a game. The ones who devote their lives to it for the most part insist that it's a science. It's neither. Bobby Fischer got underneath it like no one before and found at its center, art. I spent my life trying to play like him. Most of these guys have. But we're like forgers. We're competent fakes. His successor wasn't here tonight. He wasn't here. He is asleep in his room in your house. Your son creates like Fischer. He sees like him, inside.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on July 9, 2011, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Image
What is chess, do you think? Those who play for fun or not at all dismiss it as a game. The ones who devote their lives to it for the most part insist that it's a science. It's neither. Bobby Fischer got underneath it like no one before and found at its center, art. I spent my life trying to play like him. Most of these guys have. But we're like forgers. We're competent fakes. His successor wasn't here tonight. He wasn't here. He is asleep in his room in your house. Your son creates like Fischer. He sees like him, inside.
Your image didn't show, but I recognize the quote - just can't remember the name. Finding Bobby Fischer maybe? In any case, was a great movie.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yes! I'll find another host tomorrow.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Winnow wrote:Bubba, where are you linking your images from? (gstatic?) I'm looking for a good static movie poster resource to suggest linking for this thread and that image size looks just about right. Not too big.

Hackers 1995
Actually I just did an Images search on google. No place special.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »