Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Netflix gets all five Star Trek Series Streaming

Post by Winnow »

Star Trek series coming to Netflix Watch Instantly in July and October

TrekMovie has confirmed it will have every episode of all five live action series -- US only, sorry Canada, enjoy that Iron Man 2 -- with the original Star Trek (in HD), Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise (in HD) available July 1st, followed by Star Trek: Deep Space 9 on October 1st. There's still no word on when Family Ties is arriving, but the two year deal (with an option for two more) should give viewers who haven't already shelled out for the boxed sets (we know you got the HD DVDs) a chance to get all the Trek they can bear.
U.S. Gets: HD

Original Star Trek
TNG
Voyager
Enterprise
Deep Space 9

Canada Gets:

Nothing!

Isn't William Shatner Canadian? Outrage!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Netflix gets all five Star Trek Series Streaming

Post by Aslanna »

TNG is really the only one worth watching. Maybe the original series just to see some classic Shatner. I think I actually watched some Voyager back in the day but got bored after a couple seasons so I don't know if they ever made it back home. DS9 was alright when it first started but after 5-6 seasons it got too soap operish for my liking. Enterprise? I think I saw just a couple episodes and that was enough.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I never really knew how indifferent I was to Star Trek until I read this and realized I'll still never watch a single episode of any series in this fictional universe. It's just so... boring to me. I know some friends that will flip out when they hear this news though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The original Star Trek kicked ass. You need to consider it for the time it was released in the late 60's. I watched so many re-runs during the 80's of Star Trek.

The original series holds nostalgia for some of the older generation peeps here. Possibly Next Generation does as well for some.

What's up with Canada and TV rights? Pirating is rampant because the shows simply aren't available up there. Canada used to pirate DirecTV like mad back then the access cards were hackable. Some such about loss of culture or preservation of culture?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I watched the original series when I was a kid and followed TNG for about 4-5 seasons. I've also seen all the movies. I just don't have the nostalgia for the series. It never struck a chord with me. Now, The Twilight Zone on the other hand... Netflix needs to get all 9 of the original series of that!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Winnow wrote:What's up with Canada and TV rights?
It really sucks. I used to buy a lot of movies. I own 400+. I'm just disgusted with how things are right now. Can't watch Hulu, youtube has adds, etc.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Lynks wrote:
Winnow wrote:What's up with Canada and TV rights?
It really sucks. I used to buy a lot of movies. I own 400+. I'm just disgusted with how things are right now. Can't watch Hulu, youtube has adds, etc.
Adblock Plus has existed for Firefox (maybe others) for years, and block all add on youtube. The site that gives it any trouble is Hulu, and there you just have to wait 30 seconds for the ad to "air," but without video/sound, just a screen asking you to enable ads (though I guess that wouldn't matter for you...though I bet someone has set up an easy proxy system to let Canadians watch Hulu.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Is there a list anywhere of all the bizarre media restrictions Canada has?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

They have odd things like can't have green bottles and ketchup flavored doritos.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:Now, The Twilight Zone on the other hand... Netflix needs to get all 9 of the original series of that!
Netflix has the entire original series (except season 4's 1 hour episodes) on instant view! Yay!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Is there a list anywhere of all the bizarre media restrictions Canada has?
Fox News lies too much to broadcast in Canada.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.