Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

LOST: Season 6 - Possible [SPOILERS]

Post by Sylvus »

I'll just start a thread here, as there may be things to talk about this season.

What did you guys think of the season premiere?

This conversation was semi-interesting (not great), but it's Friday and it's helped me kill 12 minutes. http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/02/03/intr ... -premiere/
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: LOST: Season 6

Post by miir »

I'm not sure what to think, yet.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

As usual, we're left sitting scratching our heads.

The two parallel realities are confusing.

I thought the two episodes were damn entertaining though.

Can we make this thread a FF? It'd be nice if Sylvus didn't gay it up by insulting me in any response I bother making in a thread simply because he has a keyboard and a mouth.

(That can be edited out upon the FF thing)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I felt that they were interesting episodes, but I didn't feel that 'that' much really happened. I just expected that since we're down to fifteen or sixteen episodes, the shit would start hitting the fan. I recall having a similar feeling during the last season of BSG. While the writers on Lost have clearly demonstrated a larger vision than Ron Moore ever did with his show, you can't help but worry. I want someone to make me eat my words when the season ends and it all turns out to have been a wonderful ride.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kaldaur wrote:I felt that they were interesting episodes, but I didn't feel that 'that' much really happened. I just expected that since we're down to fifteen or sixteen episodes, the shit would start hitting the fan. I recall having a similar feeling during the last season of BSG. While the writers on Lost have clearly demonstrated a larger vision than Ron Moore ever did with his show, you can't help but worry. I want someone to make me eat my words when the season ends and it all turns out to have been a wonderful ride.
I'm concerned that the ending will be a let-down, but I'll keep an open mind and enjoy the ride until then. I just hope there's some way they can leave me satisfied.

As far as the episodes and not much happening, I guess that the introduction of the separate timelines probably took up a lot of what they could do with the episodes. Not to mention them having to lay the groundwork for what is going to happen in each of the timelines/realities/whatever. I think I read somewhere that they have talked about unifying everything like 1/3 of the way into the season. How long has it been since everyone was on the island, in the same year, in the same timeline?

I can't wait to see where they go tonight.

Go Blue!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I overhyped the premier last week to myself, so it wasn't the next coming of Lost Jesus...but it was still a good 2 hours of my fav show.

I'm not too concerned how they end it...most likely everyone will hate it...but what I'm concerned with is how they handle the time travel. So far, I feel they have done it well...if they just abandon any time travel explanations I will be disappointed. Its a tough thing to put in a tv show, and so far have been very happy with what they did.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: LOST: Season 6 - Possible [SPOILERS]

Post by Kaldaur »

With my lack of WTFHEADSSPLODEs, I will say that I am intrigued by the new other camp. The Japanese other, along with his translator, appear to be interesting characters, just as long as he isn't the stereotypical karate dood.

Also, I didn't know that the writers of Lost were stealing hacks, but here's the proof. Lost was actually a 1960s show!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/0 ... 53808.html
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

So this is the last season of Lost?

Can we just get a poll at the end to see if it was worth watching the whole show? I gave up on it after 1 season because of the misleading advertising.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Episode 2

Post by Sylvus »

I've been reading Alan Sepinwall's TV column for a few weeks now, and his blog is full of good infos. He does some pretty good reviews of Lost episodes, and catches or thinks about some things that I don't always notice.

Reposting here.
[Show]
Alan Sepinwall wrote:A review of "Lost" coming up just as soon as I go to the food court...
"What are you doing?" -Jin
"Escaping." -Kate

"This ain't 'Sliding Doors' or any other kind of 'What If?' story. Promise." -Damon Lindelof

After the season premiere made me giddy to be back on the island, and intrigued by what was happening off the island, "What Kate Does" was a less thrilling experience. Interesting in spots - mainly on the island - but mainly it left me wanting to jump ahead to the next episode for a more serious fix.

Now, some of my lack of enthusiasm comes from this being a Kate episode, but not all of it. Kate's never been my favorite character, but I've liked some of her previous spotlights ("Whatever Happened, Happened" was one of last season's stronger hours). But because the character's still fairly opaque after all these years, and because Evangeline Lilly's one of the less compelling members of the cast, it tends to put her episodes at a disadvantage from the jump, and one that "What Kate Does" could never quite overcome.

Last week, I enjoyed the 2004 scenes in part because it was fun to be reminded of how characters like Jack and Locke and Jin behaved at the start of the series, in part to get to play What's Wrong With This Picture? on things like Shannon's absence or Sawyer's lack of self-loathing.

As Lindelof told me last week (in the line quoted above), the 2004 scenes are more than a simple What If?, and the use of a new sound effect to transition from one timeline to the other - as opposed to the familiar whoosh used to connote flashbacks and flashforwards in seasons past - suggests something hinky's happening. Maybe Faraday's plan for Jughead worked belatedly, and the season will build towards the timeline being reset to the LA X one, or maybe the two realities are on a collision course, but there's more to the mainland scenes than just wondering what might have been if the plane hadn't crashed. (Like finding out, for instance, that the couple who were going to adopt Aaron had, in fact, just split up and wouldn't have been able to take in little Turnip-Head.)

It's a new puzzle, but until we have a better sense of what it means, we either need to get a lot of fascinating clues, or those scenes have to work as a good standalone drama the way the better flashback episodes did. And "What Kate Does" didn't offer up enough of either.

We got a few clues: Ethan (going by his parents' last name of Goodspeed, rather than his Nom de Others Rom) working as a kind and patient mainland OB/GYN (because he got off the island as a baby in "The Incident" and never went back once it sunk for whatever reason), and there was a sense that both Kate (in her look at Jack, and then her reaction when Claire said Aaron's name) and Claire (in her "It's like I knew it or something" comment about the name) remembered bits and pieces from the timeline we know. Mainly, though, the 2004 scenes were a chance to see Kate play ultra-capable fugitive again, and to have her meet Claire in one timeline while searching for her in the other, and those scenes in and of themselves weren't that interesting.

Maybe I'll enjoy the 2004 scenes more when we get to some other characters (I look forward to seeing alt-Jack and alt-Locke become BFFs), but this week it was largely a distraction from all that was happening on the island.

And even the island scenes were only sometimes satisfying. Though the circumstances aren't exactly the same as when Jack was eating sandwiches and watching Red Sox games in season three (here, he drinks tea and admires Dogen's baseball), nor is Jack's mindset, it's still another instance of Jack being held captive by The Others and demanding answers they're incredibly slow to give. Dogen finally starts opening up at episode's end after Jack does his clever/suicidal gambit with the poison pill (given Jack's head space at this point in the story, I think he'd have been just fine if Dogen hadn't Heimlich'ed him), but until then, parts of the episode reminded me of one of the series' most frustrating stretches.(*) As Hurley puts it, "They caught us... again."

(*) They even brought back Rob McElhenney from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" as Aldo, last seen being hit by Kate's rifle butt in "Not In Portland" as Kate and Sawyer were making their escape from Alcatraz.

On the plus side from the Temple scenes: I quite like the gravity and mystery of Hiroyuki Sanada's performance as Dogen, and I was even more intrigued by how un-Sayid-like Naveen Andrews seemed, seeming so timid and confused and in pain - and sounding oddly close to Andrews' native British accent - as Sayid the torturer was himself tortured. Is this, in fact, Sayid? He appears to have Sayid's memories, but then, so does Smokey-as-Locke. But if it were Jacob animating Sayid's corpse, Dogen and company wouldn't be so eager to poison him. The start of Dogen's story about Claire, and Jin's glimpse of Claire looking very much like Rousseau (and clearly having set the Rousseau-ian traps Kate, Aldo and Justin stumbled across earlier) could suggest that the "infection" involves people on the island being possessed by the island's dead. (Maybe Sayid's British accent suggests a Charlie influence?)

But the strongest parts of the episode took place in the ruins of New Otherton, with Sawyer still grieving Juliet (just as he opened season five mistakenly mourning Kate and the rest of the Oceanic Six, only more hardcore because he spent three years loving this woman) and Kate recognizing, as Jack did last week, that her return to Craphole Island has been a complete and utter fiasco. She has no idea how to find Claire, is running from The Others again, and Sawyer (whom she may have come back for, in addition to her desire to find Claire) is both in love with a dead woman (whose death Kate feels partially responsible for) and in no condition to help her go Claire-hunting. Being in Josh Holloway's orbit tends to bring out a spark in Lilly that isn't always there opposite other characters, and the scene at the dock was a strong example of that.

Mainly, though, "What Kate Does" was a table-setting episode. I can see lots of things introduced here paying off interestingly down the road, maybe even as soon as next week, but there wasn't enough meat for the episode to really succeed on its own. I imagine this is one that will play better as part of a DVD marathon, especially for those of us going back after we already know what the 2004 scenes are all about.

Some other thoughts:

• Hurley's leadership of the group seems to have already come to an end, as he was happy to let Jack deal with both Sayid and Dogen, but his brief tenure did lead to a hilarious bit of Ken Leung deadpan sarcasm as Miles explained to Sayid that Hurley had assumed a leadership position.

• Say this for the Dharma Initiative: they may have been dumb to stay on the island and dumber to let Ben Linus massacre them, but they know how to build a bungalow colony. Pipes still work 30 years after they were built, and 3 years since anyone lived there and did any work on them.

• Jeff Kober, who played the helpful mechanic, is a familiar enough face that I was surprised he only appears to have been cast for a one-scene part. Maybe he'll pop up again fixing another character's car, as the 2004 stories revive season one's six degrees of separation storytelling?

• Funniest exchange of the night: Hurley asks Sayid if he's a zombie, and a tired, pained, recently-resurrected Sayid (or whoever he is) replies, quietly and seriously, "No. I am not a zombie."

• Joan Hart, the name Kate gives to the hospital, is an alias she's used before, first mentioned (I think) in season one's "Born to Run."

• When the cab nearly runs over Arzt, and he screams, "Hey! I'm walking here!," he's re-enacting this iconic, improvised scene from "Midnight Cowboy."

• No time for Smokey or any of the other beach people this week, but good to know that Jin is finally attempting to reunite with Sun. Here's hoping he doesn't spend most of this season like Michael in season two, running aimlessly around the jungle screaming, "SUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!"

What did everybody else think?

Go Blue!
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I got a kick out of seeing Rob McElhenney('Mac' from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) in the latest episode. :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I don't care for Kate episodes.
I was hoping she would be the one they killed off at the end of last season.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Keverian FireCry wrote:I got a kick out of seeing Rob McElhenney('Mac' from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) in the latest episode. :)
From what I've heard, he was actually in that episode where Kate escaped from the Others back in the third season (or whenever that was). It must have been before Always Sunny blew up.

Go Blue!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

The wife and I were waiting for Charlie to walk into the scene and start arguing with him.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

That would have been epic.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

So creepy. So good.

Anyone else getting the idea that if the plane hadn't crashed, most of these people's lives would have turned out okay? Not good, not bad, but decent? Excepting Kate, but even she got away. I just get the impression that they would have led normal, mediocre lives. We'll have to wait and see what this is to portend, but right now, it's a toss up to me whether or not they'd be better off if the plane hadn't crashed or Jacob and his crew hadn't interfered in their lives at all.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Its more than not having the plane crash, its an alternate time line where the island didn't exist. No island = no Jacob = no plane crash

But yes, their lives would have been mostly normal. Does this mean Jacob is the cause of Hurley's bad luck?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Kaldaur wrote:they'd be better off if the plane hadn't crashed or Jacob and his crew hadn't interfered in their lives at all.
Right.

I just hope we start getting some answers. We only have eleven episodes left, I believe. Isn't the final count 16 total? And we've seen five?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Fuck if they didn't kill off one of the coolest characters on the show.

This good vs. evil showdown is ramping up to be some badass television. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fuck if they didn't kill off one of the coolest characters on the show.
What happened the last time someone was drowned in that pool?

I was hoping someone was going to stab Kate at the end.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

True. I guess it just comes down to whether or not Sayid was saved by the pool, or by something else after he was dead. Miles seems to think it was something else, and since he can hear and talk to dead people, I'm inclined to believe his diagnosis.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

The Sayid we know is now dead. Even if he were to redeem himself, we all know that happens to those people. I feel a bit sad about that. He had a kind heart even if he did bad things.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

He was one of my favorite characters...now he's just an annoying smokie dolt. But whatever, the show goes on...and it is good...but a little too fragmented right now for my tastes. No jack and hurley at all in that episode makes it feel like the story isn't going to really move along much.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Im seeing some similarities between this and Stephen King's The Stand.

Man in Black recruiting main characters, usually the physically strong ones. A crazy chick.

Both stories will end with many of the main characters, the chosen ones, dying.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Yeah. Hopefully we can avoid the "hand of god" nuclear bomb at the end, though. And without the Trashcan Man.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The bomb was the end of last season. Stay with the program!

Definitely some Stand-ish vibes, but I don't really know if it's fair to let Stephen King lay claim to the concept of a good group and an evil group going at it :P
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I was referring to the visual aspect. Plus, King stressed the religious overtones in a heavy way, whereas we're only getting a slight religious vibe from Lost. BSG featured that as well, although it didn't take the Stand route of good vs. evil, just differing sides with political agendas.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Last night's episode was awesome. Now that we know exactly what the island is, my question is what exactly does Whidmore want with it?
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I agree that last night was awesome. I think it's funny how even when such "big" questions are answered, there are still so many more, like the one you just presented. I'm enjoying this season quite a bit!

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

For every question they answer, I have 10 more to ask!!!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

[Show]
http://twitpic.com/1c3ne4
That sums up last nights episode. Brilliance.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Hahaha, perfect. And btw, I just noticed your avatar. Talk about Brilliant!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

I love Desmond and I love his episodes, but this one served no purpose. 6 episodes left and Lost writers are fucking the dog.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I thought it was good,
[Show]
What happened to Desmond is pretty much a catalyst for the climax of the entire season.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Lynks wrote:but this one served no purpose. 6 episodes left and Lost writers are fucking the dog.
You must have watched a different episode or you really have no idea what's going on in the show.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

No purpose? You just blew my fucking mind!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

This is the first time I watched this show (A friend had it on while we were playing some boardgames) and this show looks so mind-blowingly weird I'm going to go back and watch it from ep 1 on NetFlix (this is how I started watching 24, accidently caught an episode during season 3 or 4).
- Ash
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

miir wrote:
Lynks wrote:but this one served no purpose. 6 episodes left and Lost writers are fucking the dog.
You must have watched a different episode or you really have no idea what's going on in the show.
The last 10 minutes were the only interesting parts. And even then, his character took a complete 180 without even a hint as to why.

Last night's episode was a filler to see what the other people (Daniel, Charlie, Desmond) are up to in bizzaro world.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Ashur wrote:This is the first time I watched this show (A friend had it on while we were playing some boardgames) and this show looks so mind-blowingly weird I'm going to go back and watch it from ep 1 on NetFlix (this is how I started watching 24, accidently caught an episode during season 3 or 4).

It has changed so much from Season 1, it is like watching an entirely different show. It looked like a great character study with strange things happening. Now it is a big GOOD Vs Evil showdown.

I still love it though.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Oh yeah, it has also been one of the most web friendly shows. They have put up websites, hidden clues, held mysteries, filled backstories, held art shows, where you only could go by solving the web clues. It plants commercials between other shows, they had an Oceanic 6 billboard in the Flashback show, so be careful, it can get addictive as hell.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

And even then, his character took a complete 180 without even a hint as to why.
I thought it was totally obvious as to why he changed.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Oh? He was eager to help Widmore then eager to follow Sayid. He was actually acting like Sayid on happy pills.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Oh, that makes more since. I initially thought you were referring to the 180 from being forced to work with Widmore to wanting to work with him.

Yeah it is a bit puzzling to see him go from Widmore to Sayid so quickly, but don't most episodes in Lost end with big 'WTF' moments like that? :)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

If you think about Desmond's history on Lost, he pretty much has been forced to go places the whole time, and has often struggled against that, usually because he just wants to get back to Penny. Early in this episode, Widmore told him he was going to have to make a sacrifice, and toward the end of the episode (after talking with Daniel Farraday/Widmore and flashes of knowledge of his "other life" from each side) he understood exactly why he needs to make that sacrifice and finally accepts it. IMO, he went with Sayid in part because of his new acceptance and knowing that he's going to have to go with the flow regardless. I think we'll also find out that he has more planned, or that going with Sayid fits in line with Widmore's plan.

I thought it was a great episode, and I can't wait to see the rest of the series and Desmond gathering the Islanders in the alternate timeline/universe/whatever and showing them what should/could have been.

Go Blue!
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

Sylvus wrote:If you think about Desmond's history on Lost, he pretty much has been forced to go places the whole time, and has often struggled against that, usually because he just wants to get back to Penny. Early in this episode, Widmore told him he was going to have to make a sacrifice, and toward the end of the episode (after talking with Daniel Farraday/Widmore and flashes of knowledge of his "other life" from each side) he understood exactly why he needs to make that sacrifice and finally accepts it. IMO, he went with Sayid in part because of his new acceptance and knowing that he's going to have to go with the flow regardless. I think we'll also find out that he has more planned, or that going with Sayid fits in line with Widmore's plan.

I thought it was a great episode, and I can't wait to see the rest of the series and Desmond gathering the Islanders in the alternate timeline/universe/whatever and showing them what should/could have been.

What did you think of the Desmond statement "I know who you are, you're John Locke" A suprised Locke then dumps Desmond down the well. Following this series of events back in alt realty is Desmond running Locke over. Was that a coincidence? Can Desmond communicate between selves somehow?
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Dunno about communicating between the alternate realities, but maybe perceive them better than probably anyone else due to his exposure...? /shrug
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Sumdaor wrote:
Sylvus wrote:If you think about Desmond's history on Lost, he pretty much has been forced to go places the whole time, and has often struggled against that, usually because he just wants to get back to Penny. Early in this episode, Widmore told him he was going to have to make a sacrifice, and toward the end of the episode (after talking with Daniel Farraday/Widmore and flashes of knowledge of his "other life" from each side) he understood exactly why he needs to make that sacrifice and finally accepts it. IMO, he went with Sayid in part because of his new acceptance and knowing that he's going to have to go with the flow regardless. I think we'll also find out that he has more planned, or that going with Sayid fits in line with Widmore's plan.

What did you think of the Desmond statement "I know who you are, you're John Locke" A suprised Locke then dumps Desmond down the well. Following this series of events back in alt realty is Desmond running Locke over. Was that a coincidence? Can Desmond communicate between selves somehow?
I'm still kind of on the fence about that. Was Desmond "getting revenge" on Locke for throwing him down the well? Was he running over him with a car to shock him into "remembering" (perhaps not the right term, as it's not necessarily in the past, but you get the drift) the island, since so far all we've seen as catalysts for "remembering" are (near-)love and (near-)death?

However, I totally think that he can communicate between selves or even more than that, maybe it's shared knowledge. Like in last week's episode, he'd pass out (from the EM blast; from touching Penny) in one and his consciousness would awaken in the other, and while the speed of the flow of time isn't the same, he experiences what is happening "at the same time". If you remember alt-Desmond zoning out in his car before Ben Linus came up and asked if he was Pedobear, that was right after he was pushed down the well by Locke. Was he there to awaken alt-Locke, zoned out and saw Man-in-Black-Locke push him down the well, and then decided to hit him?

I don't know, but this is going to be a fun ride! :)

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I think that looking at it in terms of remembering stuff in the past is completely valid. I've been wondering if the "alternate" timeline isn't a result of the island being destroyed in the past, but more the Man in Black getting off the island and reshaping reality. Everyone keeps saying if he gets off the world will end, everything changes, blah blah.. so I mean, this could be it. And people remembering the original timeline is them fighting through Evil Locke's influence. Daniel's mom said that Desmond wasn't ready, that it wasn't time, she seemed to be completely aware of what was going on. I'm 99% sure we haven't seen the last of Desmond in the proper timeline, and I have a feeling he was trying to jumpstart Locke, or maybe just to get him together with Jack, because you sure as hell know that he'll be Locke's doctor! Will be interesting to see if alternate Locke is able to walk after the accident... I wouldn't be surprised.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Another very good episode. I got a bit chocked up when I saw Hurly at the end.

Anyone think Lapidus made it out? They kind of just let that one hang.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Lapidus pulled Jin out. I'd be willing to bet the farm on it. We saw his hands floating away at the end, and we never saw Lapidus get off the sub.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Kaldaur wrote:
Lapidus pulled Jin out. I'd be willing to bet the farm on it. We saw his hands floating away at the end, and we never saw Lapidus get off the sub.
I was under the impression that Lapidus bit it when the sub hatch door exploded inward and hit him. I guess you could technically survive that, but I'm not sure you'd come to before you drowned. It does make sense though I guess, since one of the Kwon's was on "the list".
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy