Poll: Obama rating slips

What do you think about the world?
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Poll: Obama rating slips

Post by Keverian FireCry »

We've been handing over economic supremacy to China for a lot longer than Obama's first year in office. It's a systemic issue that's far deeper than any single administration can deal with, it's capitalism at it's best and worst.
Zver
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Zver »

we are going to tax the cadillac plans for health care. secret meeting and poof no more taxes for union members with cadillac plans. equals the regular person getting screwed. how is that hope and change working for you so far?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Using false claim, Fox & Friends attacks health care deal as "bribe" to unions

On January 15, Fox & Friends misrepresented the details of the recent health care negotiation relating to proposals to taxing high-cost "Cadillac" health care plans by falsely claiming that the proposal to "eliminate from any taxing dental and vision" policies applied only to union members, and Fox & Friends repeatedly claimed that the concessions won during the negotations were "a bribe" to unions. In fact, most of the negotiations, including the dental and vision exemptions, apply to all workers -- not just union workers -- and the extension given to union members regarding the implementation of the excise tax was reportedly made in order to allow unions time to negotiate less expensive plans for their workers.
The Source
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

It never fails to surprise me when people take the shit that Fox 'news' spews as being factual.

It's not even that they are biased (all American news networks are biased in one way or another), it's that they outright fucking lie.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

You people can't handle Fox because they tell it like it is!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

miir wrote:It never fails to surprise me when people take the shit that Fox 'news' spews as being factual.

It's not even that they are biased (all American news networks are biased in one way or another), it's that they outright fucking lie.
What does surprise me, is that people whose basic philosophy can be boiled down to "act in your own self interest" can delude themselves into being horrified when someone else does exactly that ... because, even if Fox was correct, unions negotiating a better deal for themselves would be a *very* right-wing thing to do.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey kilmoll, 2006 called and wants it's meme back.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

NASA's grand plan to return to the moon, built on President George W. Bush's vision of an ambitious new chapter in space exploration, is about to vanish with hardly a whimper.
Although the Obama budget gives NASA a boost of more than a billion a year, it's not nearly as large an increase as the $3 billion a year that a president-appointed panel said last year would be necessary for NASA to pursue a worthwhile human space flight program.
Thanks Obama. This guy is useless.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Perhaps if Bush wouldn't have gotten us into two wars there would have been money left over in the budget for some flights of fancy.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:Perhaps if Bush wouldn't have gotten us into two wars there would have been money left over in the budget for some flights of fancy.
Clear and present danger!! From WMD and ummm sharks with frikkin laser beams on their heads.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Feb 4th DJIA LOW = 9,998.03

-268.37 (2.61%)

Thanks Obama for dipping us below 10K!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Don't forget that Obama is also responsible for Toyota's engineering flaws...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If Bush was responsible for 9/11 and all of the major financial insitutions failing, then Obama is just as guilty for Toyota.

The real problem I have with the Toyota mess is that the gubment controls GM and then tells everyone to stop driving their Toyotas. What would the outcry have been like if Bush's administration had told us to stop buying gas from a certain chain when he had interests in another?
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Then Obama is "guilty" for running the market up to 10k+/- from 7949 since he took office, right?
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Feb 4th DJIA LOW = 9,998.03

-268.37 (2.61%)

Thanks Obama for dipping us below 10K!
Sweet.. It needs to drop about 3,000 more as I'm about to contribute to my Roth for 2009 and 2010. Need more bang for my buck!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I think it'll go up today with the unemployment numbers being unexpectedly good (comparatively). Damn Obama!

Go Blue!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The real problem I have with the Toyota mess is that the gubment controls GM and then tells everyone to stop driving their Toyotas. What would the outcry have been like if Bush's administration had told us to stop buying gas from a certain chain when he had interests in another?
I guess that depends: in this hypothetical situation, does the gas spontaneously combust and injure or kill you?

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote:I think it'll go up today with the unemployment numbers being unexpectedly good (comparatively). Damn Obama!

Now you're getting it! Unemployment figures unexpectedly good and the stock market is still down thanks to no confidence in Obama.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Winnow wrote:
Sylvus wrote:I think it'll go up today with the unemployment numbers being unexpectedly good (comparatively). Damn Obama!

Now you're getting it! Unemployment figures unexpectedly good and the stock market is still down thanks to no confidence in Obama.

Aren't they good because they changed the way they judge "employment"?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

:rofl:
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Gzette wrote:Market over 10,000 today. I guess Obama is Jesus after all, based on Winnow's analysis at least.

It's back to the same level is was a year ago (peaked at 10,124 Oct 8, 2008)

That was a year of zero progress. Proves my point. He's done nothing yet is praised for it.
Over 11,000 yesterday? Where's your god now, Chicken Little?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Jobless claims rose again. Good thing he is on top of what drives the economy!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Jobless claims rose again. Good thing he is on top of what drives the economy!
And the non farm payrolls in March were the highest in 3 years.

I could throw out lots of numbers that government doesn't directly effect.
8)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

So, he only affects it when it favors him?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:So, he only affects it when it favors him?
I dunno, ask winnow.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
Over 11,000 yesterday? Where's your god now, Chicken Little?

The past two day rise in the market is due to a collective sigh of relief that our Space Program isn't completely hosed by Obama. It's a mini celebration. People are once again confident investing in our future now that there are signs that Obama won't be able to completely destroy our nation.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

What about the ~36% increase in the 15 months since the Obama administration took over after Bush & Co. left the market slumming at 8281?
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Xatrei wrote:What about the ~36% increase in the 15 months since the Obama administration took over after Bush & Co. left the market slumming at 8281?

Frankly, I feel like he is getting too much credit from some and too little from others. I would actually like to see an unbiased assessment of his performance. Personally, I have seen little in the way of progress, short of his big healthcare win, but I am biased on that since my wife works in that industry and they are all going chicken little over that one.

I am disappointed at the lack of comments made from his main supporters over issues like the oil drilling. He went well beyond Bush on that one. He also appointed a position he would have needed confirmation on when Congress was on recess. I understand all Presidents have done this, but he was the President of "Accountability and Change" and then proceeds to pull the same shit as all others. His policy in Afghanistan and Iraq looks like Bush's for the most part. I don't see the "Liberal" agenda in much except the health care bill. Why is Spang not questioning his foreign policy in Iraq or the drilling policy? Why is Winnow not hailing the new drilling policy?

We have done exactly what the powers that be want. We have fallen into a blinding loyalty to one perceived point of view. Spang and Winnow, question your own parties as much as you do the other. We need watchdogs on all of these people and ideologies.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Xatrei wrote:What about the ~36% increase in the 15 months since the Obama administration took over after Bush & Co. left the market slumming at 8281?
You forgot the Majority Democratic Senate in this statement. If Bush was such a moron, how the hell did he pull off all these amazingly evil things by himself? You cannot have it both ways.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Don't misunderstand. I'm not giving all (or even most) of the credit to anyone. I'm mocking Winnow's history of "Obama drove the market down xxxx points again today by doing yyyy," by turning the tables on him.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bush fought a battle with the economy and jobs for 8 years. Time and again the libtards actually blame him for the failings and completely ignore the enormous impact of the events that hit within the first year of his first term. The mismanagement of financial institutions and the attack on the World Trade Center was a 1-2 punch that we were lucky to come through as well off as we did. Whether you like or hate Bush, he kept things together economically for a long time when we could well have had major collapses. He had his failings in other areas.

I like the Obama drilling! I like the Obama Afghanistan troops. Other than that it is the same old bullshit...although it is fun to see his ratings drop at a record pace. Thank God we at least have filibuster chances in the Senate now to block any garbage coming through like the massive fail of cap and trade.

On a less argumentative note, what are your thoughts on who he actually nominates for the SC? Does he go the same old politician way of trying to run through a serious lefty like Sotomayer or will he go with what we really need and appoint someone with no real leanings?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The mismanagement of financial institutions and the attack on the World Trade Center was a 1-2 punch that we were lucky to come through as well off as we did. Whether you like or hate Bush, he kept things together economically for a long time when we could well have had major collapses.
You are completely, utterly and embarrasingly clueless.

I'll concede that you're the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to guns.. but when it comes to financial and economic matters, you obviously know nothing.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Bush fought a battle with the economy and jobs for 8 years. Time and again the libtards actually blame him for the failings and completely ignore the enormous impact of the events that hit within the first year of his first term. The mismanagement of financial institutions and the attack on the World Trade Center was a 1-2 punch that we were lucky to come through as well off as we did. Whether you like or hate Bush, he kept things together economically for a long time when we could well have had major collapses. He had his failings in other areas.

I like the Obama drilling! I like the Obama Afghanistan troops. Other than that it is the same old bullshit...although it is fun to see his ratings drop at a record pace. Thank God we at least have filibuster chances in the Senate now to block any garbage coming through like the massive fail of cap and trade.

On a less argumentative note, what are your thoughts on who he actually nominates for the SC? Does he go the same old politician way of trying to run through a serious lefty like Sotomayer or will he go with what we really need and appoint someone with no real leanings?
That's a huge question and I am actually more liberal leaning on this side of the equation. Abortion is a woman's right, Gun's are a freedom we should have, although I am not sure why we need armor piercing bullets (I do not own a gun), gay rights are important. I want someone in who protects the rights of the citizens. The Hillary Clinton rumors scare the crap out of me though.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You know...abortion rights I could really give a shit about either way. I personally cannot fathom why someone would kill an infant in the womb and think it was ok to do so...and I especially cannot figure how the liberal side thinks it is ok to do that and still be against the death penalty, but whatever. I do think there need to be some fixes made to gay couple's rights, even though I am opposed to marriage. Obama actually addressed one of those changes this week. We do not need armor piercing bullets and they are already illegal to own without class 3 license. (the thing people do not understand is that most of the politicians have ZERO clue what they are talking about with firearms related things. They wanted to ban "armor piercing" ammo at one point and wrote the bill so that it would outlaw every single rifle round in the U.S.)

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
The mismanagement of financial institutions and the attack on the World Trade Center was a 1-2 punch that we were lucky to come through as well off as we did. Whether you like or hate Bush, he kept things together economically for a long time when we could well have had major collapses.
You are completely, utterly and embarrasingly clueless.

I'll concede that you're the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to guns.. but when it comes to financial and economic matters, you obviously know nothing.
It seems to me that Bush had the highest Dow in 10 years

http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&c ... DJI&ntsp=0
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So you're saying the president is directly responsible for DJIA but not responsible for the US jobless rate?

Are you fucking loony?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It looks like Zaeleth was saying that....I showed the chart that showed the DJIA was at the 14k mark during his second term while we were in a tumultuous economic period.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Are you actually reading the thread or just taking random posts out of context?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:It looks like Zaeleth was saying that....I showed the chart that showed the DJIA was at the 14k mark during his second term while we were in a tumultuous economic period.
Mmm no, I'm just tweaking Winnow's nose about all the drops in the DOW being related to government. But I will say that the "let the market work it out" idea the conservatives have tried for a long time has been shown to be a miserable failure. At some point you have to leash those greedy motherfuckers unless you want this continual cycle of boom and bust that only has a downside for 95% of you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Why GOP men are happier:

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I know your post is in jest, but Rebuplicans are some of the most sexually repressed people on the entire planet.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

no sorry, they are not even close. try visiting the middle east, haha.

Oh, and Winnow, I've actually dated a republican girl. Just because all those hot chicks are repubs doesn't mean they are not being nailed by stud dems (like me). It might even be more likely seeing as how repub men are generally old and fat and really ugly.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

no sorry, they are not even close. try visiting the middle east, haha.
Don't men there pretty much have their way with almost any woman they chose? Or are you speaking on behalf of the women?

Nothing will ever be more sexually repressed than a society centered around text messaging.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Nancy Pelosi has a nice rack. You know you'll look next time you see her and curse my name.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xyun wrote: Oh, and Winnow, I've actually dated a republican girl. Just because all those hot chicks are repubs doesn't mean they are not being nailed by stud dems (like me). It might even be more likely seeing as how repub men are generally old and fat and really ugly.

That's because the women are checking off their list of curiosities:

1. Pool Boy ...Check!
2. Mysterious Middle Eastern Guy ...Check!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Oh man, that bit where you contrast 12 homely, mostly older, Democrats caught in candid, unflattering moments with 12 relatively youthful, moderately attractive Republicans in posed, publicity photos is crazy hilarious! Stop it for Loki's sake because my sides are totally splitting right now. :roll: