Extras

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Extras

Post by Zamtuk »

Anyone else catching this show? This is definately the funniest thing on tv right now. If you are into that dry british wit, then this is your show.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Yep, this is easily one of the best comedic TV shows in...forever? For those of you who don't know, it is from the creator of the BBC show that got rave reviews called "The Office".

Its about actors who are extras in films, and has cameos from stars who play themselves(twisted versions of themselves) in the show. So far there have been two episodes, the first had Kate Winslet who is the lead star in some holocaust movie that the extras are working on. The second episode featured Ben Stiller who is directing his first movie and he's just...evil. It has mature rating, so the humor doesnt hold back at all.

If you have access to HBO or can find the episodes on torrent...and assuming you like to laugh your ass off...you MUST watch this show.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

It get's the Sylvus Seal of Approval as well.

"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: Extras

Post by Dregor Thule »

FINALLY getting around to watching Extras, and let me say, Kate Winslet talking dirty is bloody brilliant! Also, was cracking up when she was talking about how the sure way to win an oscar is to do a holocaust film, and lo and behold, she won for The Reader.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Dregor Thule wrote:FINALLY getting around to watching Extras, and let me say, Kate Winslet talking dirty is bloody brilliant! Also, was cracking up when she was talking about how the sure way to win an oscar is to do a holocaust film, and lo and behold, she won for The Reader.
Wait until you get to the episode with Patrick Stewart. The one with Daniel Radcliffe is brilliant, too.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Xouqoa wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:FINALLY getting around to watching Extras, and let me say, Kate Winslet talking dirty is bloody brilliant! Also, was cracking up when she was talking about how the sure way to win an oscar is to do a holocaust film, and lo and behold, she won for The Reader.
Wait until you get to the episode with Patrick Stewart. The one with Daniel Radcliffe is brilliant, too.
Yeah, Patrick, Kate, Daniel are my favourites in that order.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Thanks for posting about this!! Just watched the first 3 episodes and laughed my ass off. On to #4!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I thought the one with David Bowie was funny, even though he wasn't particularly great in it. Count Fuckula, Barry and Andy's agent's dialogue in the bar was priceless.

But yeah, the aforementioned three cameos were the best. I would throw Clive Owen up there for his bit part in the finale/movie.
Fuck Michigan!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Seeing as how Patrick Stewart is my hero, I've had his clip bookmarked on youtube. When I stumbled on that a year or two back, I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. Radcliffe's was great, too!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

The Radcliffe one was where he was dressed as a boyscout and hitting on some chick, right? If so, it was brilliant and I am going to download the shit out of this show! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

While the show was brilliant and funny, I wasn't expecting it to be quite as depressing as it was either!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Canelek wrote:The Radcliffe one was where he was dressed as a boyscout and hitting on some chick, right? If so, it was brilliant and I am going to download the shit out of this show! :D
Billy Piper?.. just kidding you ass, it's Harry Potter.

Can I have my johnny back?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.