Day of Remembrance

What do you think about the world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Day of Remembrance

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

And so begins the reason no one posts here anymore.....the liberal dogpile of stupidity.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thanks for that top-notch analysis.

Unfortunately you're still posting so guess we need to try harder.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You do realize you are way below Cartalas on the posting of content charts right? You are by FAR the most useless person to ever have entered text on this board.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Ok, Kilmoll, how exactly do you think we should respond to the utter stupidity embodied in a statement like "I hope everyone that voted for Franken has all the bad things in life happen to them?" Setting aside the "democracy sucks when votes don't go my way" sentiment, we're talking about what is quite possibly the most scrutinized election in the history of our nation. The review process has been fully bipartisan and unanimous in its findings. Each of Norm Coleman's challenges have resulted in gains for Franken. The only thing that is a "joke" at this point is the challenge by Coleman. His pathetic effort is a sham. He, and everyone else, knows that its over, but the effort continues merely to aid the Republicans by keeping a keeping a progressive vote out of the Senate. I think I'll start referring to the Republican party as the Obstructionist party from now on.

Funk's response is his typical, uninformed, hostile response that, like the majority of your posts, is not worthy of any serious response. Why don't you just go back to ignoring all of us "libtards" and shut the fuck up?
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:Ok, Kilmoll, how exactly do you think we should respond to the utter stupidity embodied in a statement like "I hope everyone that voted for Franken has all the bad things in life happen to them?" Setting aside the "democracy sucks when votes don't go my way" sentiment, we're talking about what is quite possibly the most scrutinized election in the history of our nation. The review process has been fully bipartisan and unanimous in its findings. Each of Norm Coleman's challenges have resulted in gains for Franken. The only thing that is a "joke" at this point is the challenge by Coleman. His pathetic effort is a sham. He, and everyone else, knows that its over, but the effort continues merely to aid the Republicans by keeping a keeping a progressive vote out of the Senate. I think I'll start referring to the Republican party as the Obstructionist party from now on.

Funk's response is his typical, uninformed, hostile response that, like the majority of your posts, is not worthy of any serious response. Why don't you just go back to ignoring all of us "libtards" and shut the fuck up?
Uninformed? Don't make me fucking laugh. If you remember, I live and voted in MN. I have watched news on this almost every day and been to events and seen other events in the cities. If you think that Norm challenging is the only thing here that is a joke, you are the uninformed one.

They have both been challenging. Up until fairly recently (in the grand scheme of things) Norm was ahead by a small handful of votes, but Franken and Coleman keep challenging. The joke of the matter is that many these absentee votes that are being argued over are likely bullshit votes, from both parties. Many of them were not even handled in the way they were supposed to be (ie: I kept them in my trunk of my car last night and was gonna turn them in later) by law but were still allowed to be counted.

It is no slam against the armed forces. I have relatives and friends in the armed forces who would not be allowed to vote if what I said in my last post happened, however the only way for us to have any hope of a election that isn't tainted by the bullshit this one has been tainted by, is to have a new election with two choices, and only people present can vote. Also, if there is any discrepancy in which circle they filled in, the vote should be tossed.

You are the one making this into a "my party obviously won" thing.. Yeah I'm upset that a fucked up clown failure of a comedian is going to possibly have a powerful position in my state, but I'm just as pissed at Coleman as I am at Dumbo for what is going on right now.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And so begins the reason no one posts here anymore.....the liberal dogpile of stupidity.
Maybe try to make one single post that doesn't contain the word "liberal" used pejoratively.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Funkmasterr wrote:...If you remember, I live and voted in MN... I have watched news on this almost every day and been to events and seen other events in the cities...
So does Michelle Bachmann, and no one has ever accused her of being well informed or of being a rational person. Your posting history here has demonstrated that you fit comfortably into the same category. Living there doesn't automatically grant you some special knowledge about the situation. Further, not living there does not prevent one from following along. This has been heavily reported by national news outlets, and it may surprise you to know that your local TV news operations have web pages with their coverage of this Obstructionist mess. The Star-Tribune is even getting in on the Interwebs action! This has been one of the most followed news stories of the last 6 months, so information on the subject is easy to come by.

If you deprive the military, the home-bound, emergency workers that cannot leave their jobs to vote during polling times or those that are scattered around the country for whatever reason their right to choose who will represent them in Congress, you will have a completely invalid election. It's idiocy to suggest that tens of thousands of people should be deprived their right to vote to assuage your irrational concerns about the validity of those votes.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I think he's fantastic. I wish we had more peole like him running for office around the country. Al Franken is a good guy who is smart as a whip. He marginalizes all the sensationalizing talking heads on the Right with a casual, nonchalant attitude that is always ripe with humor. He destroys these people all the time. Rush refuses to debate him, Ann Coulter has lost debates to him so many times in public it's comical, and O'riley's blood pressure goes up 30 points at the mere mention of his name. Nothing makes an egotistical right winger more angry than being proven wrong over and over by someone they despise. Hey, kind of like here!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

You do realize you are way below Cartalas on the posting of content charts right?
I just wanted to quote this for posterity. The absurdity of that statement is off the meter. I am not going to bother to debate the statement, because everyone with a brain knows the details already and everyone without critical thinking skills has made up their mind and shielded themselves in their stubborn dogmatic hysteria.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:...If you remember, I live and voted in MN... I have watched news on this almost every day and been to events and seen other events in the cities...
So does Michelle Bachmann, and no one has ever accused her of being well informed or of being a rational person. Your posting history here has demonstrated that you fit comfortably into the same category. Living there doesn't automatically grant you some special knowledge about the situation. Further, not living there does not prevent one from following along. This has been heavily reported by national news outlets, and it may surprise you to know that your local TV news operations have web pages with their coverage of this Obstructionist mess. The Star-Tribune is even getting in on the Interwebs action! This has been one of the most followed news stories of the last 6 months, so information on the subject is easy to come by.

If you deprive the military, the home-bound, emergency workers that cannot leave their jobs to vote during polling times or those that are scattered around the country for whatever reason their right to choose who will represent them in Congress, you will have a completely invalid election. It's idiocy to suggest that tens of thousands of people should be deprived their right to vote to assuage your irrational concerns about the validity of those votes.
My concerns are irrational? You really think all of the absentee votes that either side came up with are valid votes made by real citizens of this state? I hope you aren't really that ignorant. If you are getting your information from the Star Tribune that would explain your slanted view (not that you need their help for that).
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

So you are saying they both cheated?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Raistin wrote:So you are saying they both cheated?
It seems to me that's the only logical conclusion. I don't know how votes can keep mysteriously showing up every so often.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You do realize you are way below Cartalas on the posting of content charts right? You are by FAR the most useless person to ever have entered text on this board.
You do realize I don't give a shit what your opinion of me happens to be right? Apparently not. Keep on going thinking anything you say matters.

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xatrei wrote:Ok, Kilmoll, how exactly do you think we should respond to the utter stupidity embodied in a statement like "I hope everyone that voted for Franken has all the bad things in life happen to them?" Setting aside the "democracy sucks when votes don't go my way" sentiment, we're talking about what is quite possibly the most scrutinized election in the history of our nation. The review process has been fully bipartisan and unanimous in its findings. Each of Norm Coleman's challenges have resulted in gains for Franken. The only thing that is a "joke" at this point is the challenge by Coleman. His pathetic effort is a sham. He, and everyone else, knows that its over, but the effort continues merely to aid the Republicans by keeping a keeping a progressive vote out of the Senate. I think I'll start referring to the Republican party as the Obstructionist party from now on.

You can respond just they you did now. The stupidity that is Aslanna cannot do anything but spew forth one line posts over and over and over again. Go back and check his/her/its record of posting for lets say the last 100 posts. I am willing to bet that at least 80 of those are one line bullshit posts like Cartalas used to post...except he was good for an occasional chuckle.

As for Fairweather....winning a debate has no bearing on facts. A good debater with absolutely zero factual information will beat a bad debater with 100% accurate facts.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

I think you are confusing debate with propaganda.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You can respond just they you did now. The stupidity that is Aslanna cannot do anything but spew forth one line posts over and over and over again. Go back and check his/her/its record of posting for lets say the last 100 posts. I am willing to bet that at least 80 of those are one line bullshit posts like Cartalas used to post...except he was good for an occasional chuckle.
Why do you care... You have me on ignore anyway. Teehee!

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Jice Virago wrote:I think you are confusing debate with propaganda.
That is what half of debate is. If you took Sueven and he had a platform to argue that the grass is purple and you put him against Funkmaster to argue that it was green, Sueven would still win that debate. It would be even worse if they were arguing it on a board like this with a decidedly slanted majority of people that would side against Funk merely on who he is.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Jice Virago wrote:I think you are confusing debate with propaganda.
That is what half of debate is. If you took Sueven and he had a platform to argue that the grass is purple and you put him against Funkmaster to argue that it was green, Sueven would still win that debate. It would be even worse if they were arguing it on a board like this with a decidedly slanted majority of people that would side against Funk merely on who he is.
It's half of what passes for debate here because certain retards regurgitate whatever propoganda suits their argument.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Unban Cart you harry, sandal wearing libs!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Unban Cart you harry, sandal wearing libs!
Who needs Cartalas you have me? Although I checked through my last 100 posts and I couldn't find a single one with calling Sylus fat. I suck.

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Unban Cart you harry, sandal wearing libs!
Who needs Cartalas you have me? Although I checked through my last 100 posts and I couldn't find a single one with calling Sylus fat. I suck.
Yeah well, some people don't understand that it wasn't the "one line" part of Cart's one liners that were annoying, but the content.

I guess we someone should deputise a Cart-lite to just go ahead and ensure that all of Winnow's and Kilmoll's posts are followed up with "and you, fat cunt". Perhaps we could install a non-sequitur mod to do it automatically?
Estrosiath Durothil
No Stars!

Post by Estrosiath Durothil »

I find it ironic that conservatives dare to criticize spending on the part of the government, when the last president they elected did nothing but authorize an ever increasing amount of pork barrel spending and subsidies for various interest groups that did not need them, while also cutting taxes. I know he said he failed Econ 101, but less taxes + more spending = a big deficit.

And here I thought the conservatives were the spending hawks...
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Well hello there
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Sup Estro!

How is Boloney? :P
en kærlighed småkager
Estrosiath Durothil
No Stars!

Post by Estrosiath Durothil »

The best place on earth... Or close to. The food is heavenly, the women are gorgeous... What more is there to life? :lol:
The only issue I have is with the *gasp* Communist mayor of the city. Since it's a university town of 380.000 habitants, with about 80.000 students, and Italy's students to be leftists, and the mayor is communist, the town itself is rather... dirty. Beautiful, but if it were kept better it'd be even more beautiful than it is now.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Estrosiath Durothil wrote:I find it ironic that conservatives dare to criticize spending on the part of the government, when the last president they elected did nothing but authorize an ever increasing amount of pork barrel spending and subsidies for various interest groups that did not need them, while also cutting taxes. I know he said he failed Econ 101, but less taxes + more spending = a big deficit.

And here I thought the conservatives were the spending hawks...

And yet our new president has already outspent our last president by leaps and bounds....including the pargest pork barrel spending bill to ever be introduced by any country.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

When Bush took office, he had to deal with the biggest budget surplus in history.
When Obama took office, he inherited the biggest budget deficit in history.

Not that makes any difference to someone like you. :roll:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:When Bush took office, he had to deal with the biggest budget surplus in history.

Your point matter when it comes to certain things in the bill (things TRULY related directly to the economy/war,etc), but at least somewhat to Kilmoll's point - the stimulus bill had a lot of social programs and "pork" that was in no way something directly related to stimulating the economy, and the logic behind some of it that supposedly was, was a stretch imo.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you're going to stimulate the economy, you have to spend money. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Republicans, or the Party of No (no compromise, no change, no, no, no), would rather sit on their hands and watch America collapse. No thanks. I want someone who is going to try and do someting about it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:If you're going to stimulate the economy, you have to spend money. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Republicans, or the Party of No (no compromise, no change, no, no, no), would rather sit on their hands and watch America collapse. No thanks. I want someone who is going to try and do someting about it.
That's fine, however new fish nets for some river or lake is not going to accomplish that. New furniture and vehicles for government facilities/workers are not going to accomplish that. I could go on, but you get the point. I'm not arguing doing things that will truly stimulate the economy (although I'm sure we'd disagree about some things here too), it's the liberal agenda bullshit that got pushed through with that stuff that I have an issue with.

They should have taken all of the excess stuff from this bill and made it a separate, non related bill. The only reason I can think of that they wouldn't go about it this way is because then it might not make it through, and their socialist dreams of giving every section 8 baby health care because their sorry excuses for parents are too busy smoking crack might not be fully realized.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:If you're going to stimulate the economy, you have to spend money. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Republicans, or the Party of No (no compromise, no change, no, no, no), would rather sit on their hands and watch America collapse. No thanks. I want someone who is going to try and do someting about it.

Creating jobs would have been a good way to spend it. Creating a few jobs in existing companies for pet projects and other pork barrel shit was NOT going to help and is digging us further into a hole that we will never get out of. And for the record I do not approve of pork spending by Bush or any other GOP dipshit either. If Obama wants to do something, he should force his buddies to pass a bill making that illegal.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The fact is, a stimulas bill with hundreds of billions of dollars is not going to see every dollar spent the way everyone wants it spent. That is just the way things are. That the money is going into the economy one way or the other so I am content with that. I think focusing on the small projects, in relation to the whole, that can most easily be used for political capital is disingenuous.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Ideally, a lot of this money should be spent similar to what went down with the New Deal, namely internal infastructure, like a national wireless internet system like many other countries have, unhancing education, and modernizing our highways/transit systems. These sorts of projects would produce jobs and hopefully provide some backbone to actual American industry. As it stands how, why bother building a factory in the US when our internal infastructure is just as crappy as the third world shit holes the robber barons are exporting all of the jobs to? And as much as I hate to say this, import tariffs need to be put in place so it is actually cost effective to produce things locally again.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Jice Virago wrote: As it stands how, why bother building a factory in the US when our internal infastructure is just as crappy as the third world shit holes the robber barons are exporting all of the jobs to? And as much as I hate to say this, import tariffs need to be put in place so it is actually cost effective to produce things locally again.
This should have been done long ago. They need to tax the everloving shit out of foreign products and companies that sell them. The reason Walmart is huge is because they buy as much Chinese garbage as they can and drive everyone else out of business. I also firmly believe they should tax the shit out of any company who outsources work overseas. Make it more expensive to outsource it and the jobs come back here. More jobs here means people spending money etc etc.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Fuck Wal-Mart!
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:
miir wrote:When Bush took office, he had to deal with the biggest budget surplus in history.

Your point matter when it comes to certain things in the bill (things TRULY related directly to the economy/war,etc), but at least somewhat to Kilmoll's point - the stimulus bill had a lot of social programs and "pork" that was in no way something directly related to stimulating the economy, and the logic behind some of it that supposedly was, was a stretch imo.
The idea is to get money into the economy, how doesn't really matter that much.

Likely, much of the social spending that you were going to do anyway, they just pushed it forward. It's also not inflationary. Really hard to see your problem with it...
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Jice Virago wrote: As it stands how, why bother building a factory in the US when our internal infastructure is just as crappy as the third world shit holes the robber barons are exporting all of the jobs to? And as much as I hate to say this, import tariffs need to be put in place so it is actually cost effective to produce things locally again.
This should have been done long ago. They need to tax the everloving shit out of foreign products and companies that sell them. The reason Walmart is huge is because they buy as much Chinese garbage as they can and drive everyone else out of business. I also firmly believe they should tax the shit out of any company who outsources work overseas. Make it more expensive to outsource it and the jobs come back here. More jobs here means people spending money etc etc.
Because market protectionism works SO well in the internet age...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

The idea is to get money into the economy, how doesn't really matter that much.

Likely, much of the social spending that you were going to do anyway, they just pushed it forward. It's also not inflationary. Really hard to see your problem with it...
It's really clear to see my problem, actually.

If they had taken the things like I mentioned above out of the bill, they would have been left with things that directly effected the supposed goal to stimulate the economy. There would have been less arguing over the bill and it would have been finalized and signed in much faster.

Instead, they keep all of that bullshit in, knowing full well the republicans and some democrats are going to say no, effectively fucking things before the ball even got rolling.. THEN they had the nerve to blame it on the republicans for not wanting to vote for it.. It's politics, I realize, but bullshit is bullshit.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Why do you hate the troops?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

He might be a terrorist.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:He might be a terrorist.
Only one liberal at a time, please!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh sorry about that. I thought this was Groundhog Day.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I see our resident knuckleheads are doubling down on stupid today...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You gotta bet big to win big. Go big or go home! I'm going for the jackpot, mofo!

--