ninja looting...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

ninja looting...

Post by Momopi »

If someone were to ninjaloot a hat off the AoW for example, would the GM
have records of who did it? If they do have such records, are they supposed to help get the item back that was stolen from the guild in question?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Not sure about that, but it is always best to keep your log running during any encounter of that nature so you have some evidence. In the case of jackassery, you can always review your log and find out who did what, etc.

It would be nice to see what the GMs stance on this is now as well as their other policies such as guild vs. guild conflicts, etc..
en kærlighed småkager
Tuldian
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tuldian »

Yes they do have a log of it and can trace who looted it, even if the character were logged off, or even deleted, they'd be able to track it down to the account and so on.

I heard about what happened, complete bs from the CS.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

They've done it a few times that I know of, did one of the CS folks say they couldn't?

I don't know how long they maintain the logs, a couple weeks I'd think.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Draaxx
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Draaxx »

On halloween a year ago I was with a group of people in North Ro doing the big snake thing event and we were waiting for a friend to come and loot one of the items, well some random noob came and helped himself and a GM found out who did it and gave the item back to the person it was supposed to go to. So yes, they can trace who loots what and such should they feel motivated to, although 99.9999999999999% of the time they would rather keep watching Sponge Bob Square Pants instead of doing their job.
Justin
Draaxx/Tombe
Drustwyn
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Drustwyn »

As far as I recall:

GM's usually have a 'you can send your log files to us and we will take a look' attitude, but they never 'count' for much... They also don't accept screenshots as proof of anything.

The (supposed) best way of getting your ninja'ed item back is to have a /report of your group/guild killing the mob... also /report any other shit between the ninja and joo.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

CT had to /petition on a regular basis for awhile on every Dain kill. They always got the items back from the ninja within a day.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Momo,

You guys don't have any clue who did it?
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Not really because once AoW pops OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of people love to come running to get a faction hit. Most of us were distracted because our necro made the AoW corpse into a pet heh. The two rings were still there but the hat was gone pecan. I was under the impression that the GMs were supposed to help out on things like this but I guess we got the lazy ones. I hope it works out for us and the GMs come through in the end.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Aranuil wrote:Momo,

You guys don't have any clue who did it?
I dont think they do, I was on the Raid with them and after the kill I said gratz and see ya and proceeded to leave Raid ( Big Fucking Mistake ). As soon as I left raid heads turned so I sat there until a GM could vindicate me what a waste of a night.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

My understanding, Momo is as Tuldian said. GMs have logs of every single transaction that takes place in the database. If an item changes hands, they have logs to track it. I would recommend you take your most eloquent speaker, and have them pursue action with the GMs by sending an email and/or calling.

Good luck.
Last edited by noel on January 20, 2003, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Aranuil wrote:My understanding, Momo is as Tuldian said. GMs have logs of every single transaction that takes place in a database. If an item changes hands, they have logs to track it. I would recommend you take your most eloquent speaker, and have them pursue action with the GMs by sending an email and/or calling.

Good luck.

They cant do that Slab is gone :lol: J/k
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

GM told me Cartalas did it
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Trek wrote:GM told me Cartalas did it

Hmmm i now know why the guy was in your face. :wink:
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

GMs can definitely go back and see who looted the item. Not even a question about it. Had an item I was awarded get ninjaed and dealt with the mess for 3 days. Widjan was the one who finally gave me the item....so even the GMs you think are useless have this capability.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I SPAWNED IT THE HAT WAS MINE

I SPAWNED IT
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Cartalas is a slick and 1337 ninja, vary smooth and powah :roll:
JloveFizzboom
No Stars!

Post by JloveFizzboom »

/report
/report
/report

I have seen GMs (not guides) say this over and over -- use /report if you want to give them evidence. Get a name for them to check the equipment on, don't expect that loot is tracked (seems to me that tracking every item looted on every server in EQ would be somewhat daunting as far as memory storage goes).

I /report lots of things -- including anything nice that I personally loot, in case a server or zone crashes and I get rolled back.

Good luck with it, I hate ninjas.
Jlove Fizzboom
Keepers of the Elements
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

You guys didnt just have an officer (or anyone for that matter) loot the hat to hold on to it until it was awarded?
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

They have a database system where you can look up loot by mob name. And I think they keep records for 3 months. So basically, the GM that told us it can't be done is shitting us.
Dalmoth
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dalmoth »

Been done before as late as early december. They can tell you if something was even dropped on the ground.

BTW, this is exactly the benefit of Raid.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I heard about that. I hope it gets worked out soon. About 6 months ago, we had someone ninja right in front of us and I think it took a couple days to get it back.

Good luck.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

You guys didnt just have an officer (or anyone for that matter) loot the hat to hold on to it until it was awarded?
Normally this would happen, but they seemed to have forgotten to do that this time...maybe cause they were excited we got our first rings ever, and not just 1 ring but 2!
Balek
No Stars!

Post by Balek »

From what my friend was told after a ninja incident in WW, GM's will check to see if an item was looted by 'someone', however you have to supply the 'someone'. GM's are not supposed to release the information on who looted items unless the people who killed the mob have evidence proving who looted I.E. /report. Why they wont just review the logs and give out the information about who looted what is beyond me. My friend was actually told the only way he would get his item back is if he /reported every single person in WW at the time of the incident. I personally think it's just a copout the new GM support 'team' uses so they don't have to spend more then 10 minutes telling your guild they are SOL.
Garike
No Stars!

Post by Garike »

indeed the /report <name> command is the only option. Your log file dont mean shit to CS Staff. They say that our log files can be altered. But in every instance that I have been in where someone ninja'd a decent item, GM's (when they were around) talked to the raid and took the said item from ninja looter and gave it or put it on winners character. Ninja looter also more times than not got suspended :lol:

<b><i>"Peace through superior firepower"</i></b>
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

they can't track *any* item.

they can track items that have a MAGIC flag i believe. I'm pretty sure RZ Hat has that flag, so shouldnt be an issue.
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

They can track it easily.. someone ninja'd narandi's head and the GM had it resolved and back to the rightful owner within i think 2 hours.. of course we were pretty sure who ninja'd it because he was the only person hanging around the corpse except for the person who was supposed to loot it..

-Ajran
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

I was on this raid... is there any update on this incident?

/bump
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

have a GM-admin "looking into it" atm...more than likely will get the thick shaft
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

it was deffinately a terrorist action and whoever did it should have their country bombed
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Blame a Canadian.