Rock Band 2 Setlist

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Rock Band 2 Setlist

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Blood Sugar Sex Magic

That's all that needs to be said.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Blood Sugar Sex Magic

That's all that needs to be said.
Well, it would be all that needs to be said, except that you spelled it wrong.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm not a fan of the whole album, I might grab a couple of the tracks. Also, be warned that there seem to be a lot of people having issues with those songs not working, and I haven't seen any official statement about a patch yet.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's pricey too!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I'd really like to see the price of DLC come down.

While I understand that you are not only getting the music, but the ability to play it in-game.. That can also be a downside. You have to pay more for these songs than if you bought the CD, and can only use it in game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Nick wrote:Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups is in it? Fantastic!
When I saw that you were excited about this song, I made up my mind that I was going to hate it no matter what. And I did, at first... But now it's growing on me, goddamnit!
Damn, the girl that plays the bass in this band is hot, too!

Yeah I just quoted myself.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Any one buying the AC/DC Track pack disc?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sabek wrote:Any one buying the AC/DC Track pack disc?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was all live stuff. I don't like playing live or cover songs. I want to play the masters.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sabek wrote:Any one buying the AC/DC Track pack disc?

I may... My girlfriend is a big fan of ACDC. However, they bumped the price up for it and I can't say I'm thrilled.

If they offer it as DLC from Rock Band 2, I may get it, but if I have to buy another disc and import it I'll probably pass.
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

If what I've read is correct it's $40 for 18 songs... that's a huge pass to me, even if I weren't pretty meh about AC/DC. If you're going to put it on a disc as standalone you need to compete with all the other standalone discs. RB1 & 2 and GH3 all have a much better price per song ratio, and they're 'new games' on top of it. That price point is just full of fail.

That said, I love RB2. I'll be picking up GH:WT shortly after it comes out too, but I don't think Neversoft can compete with Harmonix long term.

I am surprised at all the bitching here about the RB2 track list. Okay, Visions is very niche - but 30 of the songs are not heavy metal niche as someone seemed to be saying a few posts back. Most of the comments I've read about the track list for RB2 praise it as being the most varied of all the games so far, but here it's ripped because it's /too/ varied and doesn't have enough generic mainstream stuff.

My gamertag on XBL is kimote if anyone wants to play sometime. I play expert guitar/bass and drums, and usually don't sing.
Merada - 70 Druid
Brethren
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Gamei wrote:If what I've read is correct it's $40 for 18 songs... that's a huge pass to me, even if I weren't pretty meh about AC/DC. If you're going to put it on a disc as standalone you need to compete with all the other standalone discs. RB1 & 2 and GH3 all have a much better price per song ratio, and they're 'new games' on top of it. That price point is just full of fail.

That said, I love RB2. I'll be picking up GH:WT shortly after it comes out too, but I don't think Neversoft can compete with Harmonix long term.

I am surprised at all the bitching here about the RB2 track list. Okay, Visions is very niche - but 30 of the songs are not heavy metal niche as someone seemed to be saying a few posts back. Most of the comments I've read about the track list for RB2 praise it as being the most varied of all the games so far, but here it's ripped because it's /too/ varied and doesn't have enough generic mainstream stuff.

My gamertag on XBL is kimote if anyone wants to play sometime. I play expert guitar/bass and drums, and usually don't sing.
I agree on the ACDC thing, the funny part is reading the Rock Band forums and seeing how crazy people there are and how willing they are to drop that $40, no questions asked.

It was me that said that about the track list. I know there aren't 30 songs, but there are probably like half a dozen that are heavy metal and in the "un-listenable" category, or close to it.

There are also a lot of other genres that I don't care for and aren't mainstream at all, their fans are limited. I don't have a problem with this being released as DLC, or even as the bonus songs, but the main on-disc songs should be pretty much mainstream (which doesn't mean it's generic) music. Classic rock, and some of the other more popular rock music throughout the other decades in between then and now.

I just feel like harmonix is trying to please too many people at once, OR they don't know their crowd. Either way I don't agree with a lot of choices on the setlist. The song "Uncontrollable Urge" by Devon I think is one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life, and is a perfect example of this.

Guitar Hero on the other hand goes more in the direction I'm speaking of with their track lists, and while I might not like all the songs, I appreciate that.

Look me up if you want sometime, too. I'm not the best, but I'm ranked about 500-700 on the leaderboards so I don't think I'm all that bad either :)

I generally play guitar, but will play bass, and will sing or drum if I absolutely have to (sing on expert and drum on hard, with a few exceptions of having to drop down a difficulty for each.)
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Any way to get the DLC without a live sub?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

They do have trackpack disks you can get with DLC on it, but you are stuck with whats on the disk and can't pick and choose.
Sabek
Just Sabek