WotLK = Acquired!

WoW Discussion
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

WotLK = Acquired!

Post by Skogen »

i just picked it up from 7-11. Imagine that. Walk in for a coffee...come out w/ Coffee AND WotLK!
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Re: WotLK = Acquired!

Post by lmnt9 »

Funny - I noticed they had the boxes hangning this weekend and I asked about it and they couldn't find the cds - so I guess they have it already and some of them have put it out by accident.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Haha, I knew people were getting GOW2 from 7-11 before release, but i had no clue they were getting WOTLK too. What did you do, go up and ask the clerk if they had it? or was it out in a display already?
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

You can't actually play it can you?
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

lmnt9 wrote:You can't actually play it can you?
Nah, everything is disabled.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Aardor wrote:Haha, I knew people were getting GOW2 from 7-11 before release, but i had no clue they were getting WOTLK too. What did you do, go up and ask the clerk if they had it? or was it out in a display already?
Oh GoW2 was there too!

I didnt ask for anything...I went in for a coffee. Got my coffee, walked up to the register to pay, and noticed the WotLK boxes behind the counter. My first thought that they were just empty promotion boxes...then thought "wtf would promo boxes be behind the counter?" So I asked the clerk if I could look at it....and it was not an empty box.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I ordered my copies from Amazon back when it first became available. I don't know about this time, but in the past preorders have consistently been delivered the day before release.

It blows my mind you can get WoW at 7-11.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Aardor wrote:
Can i installed this now, and still play BC stuff, or will I fuck something up?
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Skogen wrote:
Aardor wrote:
Can i installed this now, and still play BC stuff, or will I fuck something up?
I would THINK you can install it now, but I could be wrong. I just knew everything was disabled because you weren't able to fly to Northrend from Orgrimmar, and you're still not able to zone into CoT:Strath.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Thank you Skogen! I did not pre-order, so it is good to have my procrastination awarded for once ;)
Bujinkan is teh win!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The servers are already fucked, and there's still 24 hours to go. I forsee a disaster of a launch on the horizon.

Blizzard always seems to underestimate the popularity of it's products.
Toalin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Toalin »

EB games and a few other stores in aus already have them in the back, but they wont release till the 14th here, they get told they will lose there jobs and stuff they do + fines apparently for breaking street dates
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Severs are still fucked? Man, this is an epic fail.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Severs are still fucked? Man, this is an epic fail.
All S4 2h weapons had their ratings removed, and S2 gear had no cost for locks and priests. That's what they're fixing right now, having to remove the items and refund arena points.

But yeah, Epic fail with the mailbox bug, then this, on a day when they didn't even patch anything. Hopefully the launch is silky smooth like TBC's was because of this, since I didn't really have anything to do in WoW, and spent the time playing the Left 4 Dead demo instead.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Euro servers seem fine, if a little laggy, although that will probably get worse closer to midnight.

Cant wait :D
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Servers just came up within the hour. I agree that one would think the actual launch should be pretty care free from here on out. I expect ques again after midnight because of the amount of people cramming into the new content. I'll be leveling the first 4 days pretty much only doing Instances to avoid the lag, potential server issues, and waiting on mob spawns in the starter areas.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Anyone have any suggestions on picking up a collectors edition from a store that the general masses won't be heading to?
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Servers just came up within the hour. I agree that one would think the actual launch should be pretty care free from here on out. I expect ques again after midnight because of the amount of people cramming into the new content. I'll be leveling the first 4 days pretty much only doing Instances to avoid the lag, potential server issues, and waiting on mob spawns in the starter areas.
Hahaha, they didn't remove the non-rating requirement bought s4 2h (they still cost the normal arena points). We have a paladin alt in our guild in complete greens with one now, as well as a warrior who had max points saved up from the end of s3 (didn't play s4 at all).
Anyone have any suggestions on picking up a collectors edition from a store that the general masses won't be heading to?
Walmart...most of the ones around me didn't do preorders, so it's just a matter of waiting in line. Call and check, might even be able to pick it up before midnight if the employees at the store are stupid.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

lmnt9 wrote:Anyone have any suggestions on picking up a collectors edition from a store that the general masses won't be heading to?
My friend picked up a BC collector's edition from Meijers here in Michigan at midnight. I'm going to try my luck tonight doing the same thing. I have a Wal Mart across the street where I will check after that. Gamestop placed my Collectors Edition of WotLK on back order, despite the fact that I preordered it within minutes of it being announced and available for sale. The status changed to backorder less than 48 hours before launch. Fuck Gamestop. I wll never preorder shit from them again.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Aardor wrote:
Walmart...most of the ones around me didn't do preorders, so it's just a matter of waiting in line. Call and check, might even be able to pick it up before midnight if the employees at the store are stupid.
They did pre-orders around here for this expansion and the last. I made it to the one near me during an ice-storm to grab the last expansion, and I think that I was one of the few that got one without a pre-order.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The shop I'm going to at midnight is saying a lot of people have been ringing up about it, so im going to head down at about 10:30 and just do some uni reading in the queue while I wait (thankfully it'll be an inside queue so it wont be cold).
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

You can purchase WoW at a convenient store?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:You can purchase WoW at a convenient store?
Would you rather purchase it at an inconvenient store?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I don't want to purchase it at all. I can't believe you can purchase video games at convenient stores.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I am so pissed right now about the in-game mail system error. Been prepping for months for this and a lot of my effort to get things going quickly is now in vain because of this crap.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:I don't want to purchase it at all. I can't believe you can purchase video games at convenient stores.
Any store can be convenient!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

They only had 18 copies and there were like 100 people there. It's the only shop selling at midnight in Northern Ireland.

Fortunately, loser that I am, i was first in line. Installing now :D

(first in northern ireland to get wow, a new low :()
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good going Nick-stah!

First in line! :D
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Ding 71 :)

Borean Tundra is huge, pretty interesting quests (Last rites) being the most notable.

Levelling is pretty slow, but horde and alliance are fairly civil at the moment, probably because everyone wants to just grind a bit :)

Cant wait to check out the other zones. 8)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:They only had 18 copies and there were like 100 people there. It's the only shop selling at midnight in Northern Ireland.

Fortunately, loser that I am, i was first in line. Installing now :D

(first in northern ireland to get wow, a new low :()
Fuckin A, man. I waited in line for 45 minutes. I was 20th in line. At midnight, there were over 75 people. The store manager brought out 15 copies and no special editions. NERD RAGE goes into full retard mode. People were cussing and getting rowdy. I split the fuck out of there ASAP. My friend gave me his Special Edition. As a token of thanks, I gave him the Pet Biscut loot card I got, so we were both very happy :P

My friend waited in Wal Mart for an hour and he said there were over 150 people there when midnight hit. Wal Mart had a copy for everyone though.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, here in Stockholm, Webhallen released Lich King the night between Wednesday and Thursday.

This is how it went! Pics and a Movie! :)

No, i did not participate in the "Costume-Party", if i did, i would have won though, wearing just a loincloth! :D

Movie is on the right. Also click on Dance Contest and "Årets WoWare" (WOW-player of the Year)

http://www.webhallen.com/list_group.php ... group=1179

Who will be WoW-player of the Year?
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I just got back from Frys - they had shit-tons of collectors edition and they have been open for a couple hours now...
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Having a lot of fun so far.

The Siege Tank was fun! :D
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well we got the first wave of 80's on our server tonight. How the fuck they find the time to do it I'll never know.

I'm still 72 because I had the misfortune to spend the day with a female. There actually must be something wrong with me that I'm now annoyed I wasn't more in the race :P :vv_WTF:

Well, unfortunately I'll be doing essays for the next week, so the expansion came out in what is easily the most inconvenient week for me. But it's still awesome looking, and a lot of fun :)
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

We are supposedly able to level through PVP, but I don't see where or how. Did I miss something?
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Sargeras wrote:We are supposedly able to level through PVP, but I don't see where or how. Did I miss something?
Thought that was in the first few patches after launch.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

lvl 73 here. I didn't play yesterday, so hopefully some double exp built up.

I like the Howling Fjord a lot.

So far I don't like Borean whatever. Dragonblight was alright but they make you run around too much.

UK sucked
Nexus was pretty cool.
AZ cool as well.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WotLK is better than BC IMO. There is a significant difference in the graphics, lore, and Instance design. Blizzard is building upon their own greatness. I like the spider instance the best. Completeing that about 3 levels too low with no idea what any of the bosses did was very satisfying. I also love "the plunge" in that level.

I like the direction the loot is taking, with far less "shiny and new", instead being replaced with more of a heavy, worn feel. I like things to look brutal.

My least favorite instance so far is Nexus. It just feels a little too sci fi for my taste. I don't really like that angle in WoW. I would rather play more fantasy based content like Howling Fjord. That entire zone is fantastic.

The big question is how long will WotLK sustain us as players? The gap from WoW to BC was far too long IMO, and almost 2 years between BC and WotLK is a trend I hope they do not continue. I was finished with BC a year ago. I limped on by doing BGs and some arenas, but since I'm not an active raider, BC content was exhausted 12 months ago. I had actually cancelled my account at one point because there was nothing for my character to do. I sincerely hope I do not find myself in that same situation by this time next year.

It doesn't help to sooth my concerns when I read that all content has already been defeated by some Euro guild. Seriously, all Heroics, 10, and 25 man content has been beaten 5 days after launch.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The zones are awesome. Howling fjord/Grizzly hills in particular are two of my favourite so far, but I still have loads of them to see. I'm going to check some out on my mage as I level and the others out when I level my hunter. 75 now and loving it.

It's sad that the content has already been defeated, I don't understand that at all. Surely they should just tweak the bosses and give everyone a real challenge again soon.

The quests are interesting and the vehicles are a great addition. I'm also glad to see WoW returning to a more folky middle earthy kind of place. TBC was rubbish in comparison because it was all random colours and otherworldy etc. I much prefer forests and that sort of thing. The old lore is also really fun to get into and you can see there has been a great deal of care put into some of those quests.

The cutscene quests have a striking resemblance to the film we made, TOTP. So striking in fact, that the DK quest one effectively plagiaries a few lines from TOTP pretty openly. Which, for me, is pretty awesome 8) (thats just opinion, but i think it's pretty clear to anyone who's seen it). Also, the in game cut-scenes look awesome.

The gear also looks far better. Instead of hysterical picasso shoulderpads there is, as Fair pointed out, a more weathered, battered look to the armor. Which is great.

The 19k wooly mammoth is quite funny to see, although I think I'll go for the motorbike when I eventually farm the money. It's just too cool to pass up :P

I'm really enjoying it so far and not going overly mental like some of the people in my guild who yet to sleep, including one lvl 79 DK *wtf*.

I'd say there is a shitload to explore for the next while, and I wont be getting bored anytime soon :D
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:
I'm still 72 because I had the misfortune to spend the day with a female. There actually must be something wrong with me that I'm now annoyed I wasn't more in the race
:P :vv_WTF:
GOOD TO SEE YOU GOT YER PRIORITIES STRAIGHT IRISH! :D

Howling Tundra and Grizzy Hills = LOVELY scenery!

Ahn Kahet the Old Kingdom = Great Dungeon! The Herald Cthulhu-guy at the end, Hilarious!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote: The big question is how long will WotLK sustain us as players? The gap from WoW to BC was far too long IMO, and almost 2 years between BC and WotLK is a trend I hope they do not continue. I was finished with BC a year ago. I limped on by doing BGs and some arenas, but since I'm not an active raider, BC content was exhausted 12 months ago. I had actually cancelled my account at one point because there was nothing for my character to do. I sincerely hope I do not find myself in that same situation by this time next year.

It doesn't help to sooth my concerns when I read that all content has already been defeated by some Euro guild. Seriously, all Heroics, 10, and 25 man content has been beaten 5 days after launch.
To some (The merge of Nihilum and SK-Gaming), it didn't sustain them very long, defeating all there is in less than a mere week!

http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/

Here's to hoping that Icecrown Citadel and Arthas will be huge and very very difficult!
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I really fail to see how beating all the content they already beat in Beta is that hard. Getting level 80 that fast is probably more impressive (as far as having the time to dedicate to questing/grinding) to me.

I thought I was gonna power through leveling, but server queues, quest mob competition and lag in general turned me off and I just said fuck it let the pack get ahead. I'm sitting at halfway through 72 on my Rogue on Hyjal (PvE), I still have my Priest and Warrior on Firetree (PvP) which I'll end up leveling too because quite frankly I have no idea what I want to play. Mutilate doesn't seem too appealing, though I'm leveling as Combat since that's the gear I have. Disc priest was fun after 3.0 in Arenas even with some crazy talent specs running around, Prot Warrior also really came into it's own for me in that I could harass people in PvP enough that it wasn't a total fuck this let me spec Arms fest, and PvE tanking was SOOO much more fun.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

there's some fun moments but the PA comic just summed it up for me.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/11/14/

I started out pretty excited but within 30 seconds it was back to the exact same game that I'm already bored to death with. playing in the beta probably didn't help.

all i play warcraft for is PVP now- everything else is boring. i'm just getting to 80 so i can do some arena.

i think the biggest problem with the expansion is how easy it is.. an infant could have sat down in front of the computer and gotten just as far as I have. its just cruise control bullshit through and through.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Psyloche wrote:I really fail to see how beating all the content they already beat in Beta is that hard. Getting level 80 that fast is probably more impressive (as far as having the time to dedicate to questing/grinding) to me.
On Beta, you could get into 25 man PuGs and roll through Naxx. It's not easy because they've already beaten it Beta, it's easy because it's not the least bit difficult :P

I had my major push from Thursday to Sunday, but haven't logged in since. I'm 1/2 way to 74 but will be taking an extremely casual approach from here on out. 75 is my next major goal since feral recieves some hefty ability upgrades at that mark. I'm actually going out of my way to complete every quest and quest chain that I can. Achievements rock. They motivate me to be more complete as I quest. There are already several Instances that take less than 30 minutes from start to finish that I plan on hitting here and there as I level.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I bought WotLK, and i have yet to spend more than 5 min up there :)
I figured that since im new (only i think 5 days at level 70), i still have SO much to do that i dont need to visit Northrend yet, and run into lags, eventual new bugs, and have to run around competing with 3000 idiots + their death knight alts for hte quest mobs, and instead have fun in Outlands for a while more, finish up a few interesting quests, and get factions up (ONLY got UC faction to Exhalted so far, working on a lot of others).
So i bought it, so i could get XP while i play in outlands, and im now i think 65% through level 70. And then of course so i could get my skills up, and visited those 5 min for my skillups, so enjoying fishing and mining again :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Going for 79 today since I only have one class to go to.

Most people in my guild are 80 now but no raids have started. We all just pretty much decided that there was no rush to be getting all mental over raiding, especially given the fact that 4 years in it doesn't take much to get burnt out. That and the inevitable fact that there will large periods of time down the line when no new content is released and everyones bored senseless.

So just enjoying doing the quests at the moment. Icecrown is awesome. Like Mordor or something! I reckon once I hit 80 I'll max out engineering (441/465 atm) and aim for the awesome bike. I'll probably go about getting all the quests done in northrend, they are just fun so it would be a shame to pass them over. Mining/saving money etc and maybe doing a bit of pvp for epix. Also looking forward to the 80 instances and heroics etc.

The raids don't look particularly taxing, the 10 man ones anyway. I don't have time to do the 25 man ones, I prefer to log on wow when I feel like it, rather than have it scheduled in every evening. I'm too old for that! (Well, also, it's a bit pathetic tbh to spend 3 full evenings a week raiding especially if you have loved ones/work to do).

The expansion is awesome, it feels so much more epic and together than TBC ever did. Like old vanilla wow, in MC and BWL times. That's when I had the most fun in WoW, and this expansion has recaptured the feel of that. For me anyway. Although maybe it's just the newness of it :D

AH prices are fucking insane atm. I can sell 20 saronite bars (which take 10 minutes to farm) for 120g-150g. Which is handy since I ended up being broke after cold weather flying and spending 1k making visage goggles.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My entire guild is 80, including at least 5 DKs. They're all raiding and doing Heroics. I'm still a bubble from 74! I've had too many other things to do. This is the first time I've ever fallen behind the pack and it sucks. It sure is nice to have a full rest bar though. I may hit the game pretty hard this weekend and hopefully hit 75.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

The expansion is awesome, it feels so much more epic and together than TBC ever did. Like old vanilla wow, in MC and BWL times. That's when I had the most fun in WoW, and this expansion has recaptured the feel of that. For me anyway. Although maybe it's just the newness of it
I completely agree. This expansion feels much more epic and waaay more enthralling than TBC did. The variety of quests made getting to 80 really fun at times and the entire aesthetic feel of Northrend is much cooler (tehehe) than TBC.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Raids started for us last week. We've clearned Naxx-10, Sartharion-10, and Sartharion-25, and done 2 wings of Naxx-25 in one night (stopped because of Thanksgiving though). On Sunday we'll pick up Naxx-25 again and see how far we can go until the Tuesday reset.

I'm loving it. :D
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005