Obama WILL be the next president

What do you think about the world?
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Obama WILL be the next president

Post by Gzette »

Conservative and rational now appear to be mutually exclusive ideologies.

check yo self foos
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Hello everyone and welcome to page 32 of the "Obama WILL be the next president" thread. We are now only 20 days away from the election, and I'd like to start the discussion off on this page with some liberal bias:

I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Time for some profit taking on Obama!

Major short squeeze on the way with McCain!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Here is Obama's new ad neutering McCain's "I'm not President Bush" line from last night. I suspect this will be getting a lot of air time over the next couple of weeks.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin ... 1859660952
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Haha, good for them. I could tell that was a rehearsed line by McCain with the way he spat it out. It has all the catchiness of a good soundbyte, and none of the truth of an actual message.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

The turn-around time on that ad is fucking amazing. It was running less than 12 hours after the debate.

Whatever you think of either candidate, this has been a riveting for seeing how far campaigning has come in this age of technology, and networking. Obama's team in particular has been terrifyingly effective and on the ball.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Winnow wrote:McCain may lose his own state.

First real bad bit of news I heard for McCain is that the hispanics are leaning toward Obama. Not good!

Need to drum up some racial tension between the cholos and the darkies!
wat
that was my excuse for not voting?!?!?!
ocrap
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlrf32JI708

I don't want to celebrate prematurely, but McCain and the morons who support him are making it pretty hard not to. (Well, except of course from a moral standpoint, where I've been celebrating since Obama began his campaign 2 years ago).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If the current polls hold, Barack Obama will win the White House on November 4 and Democrats will consolidate their Congressional majorities, probably with a filibuster-proof Senate or very close to it. Without the ability to filibuster, the Senate would become like the House, able to pass whatever the majority wants.

Though we doubt most Americans realize it, this would be one of the most profound political and ideological shifts in U.S. history. Liberals would dominate the entire government in a way they haven't since 1965, or 1933. In other words, the election would mark the restoration of the activist government that fell out of public favor in the 1970s. If the U.S. really is entering a period of unchecked left-wing ascendancy, Americans at least ought to understand what they will be getting, especially with the media cheering it all on.
wow, that sounds like a real hoot!

There's still time to change your minds!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri

Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event.

The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.
sheep!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Winnow wrote:
If the current polls hold, Barack Obama will win the White House on November 4 and Democrats will consolidate their Congressional majorities, probably with a filibuster-proof Senate or very close to it. Without the ability to filibuster, the Senate would become like the House, able to pass whatever the majority wants.

Though we doubt most Americans realize it, this would be one of the most profound political and ideological shifts in U.S. history. Liberals would dominate the entire government in a way they haven't since 1965, or 1933. In other words, the election would mark the restoration of the activist government that fell out of public favor in the 1970s. If the U.S. really is entering a period of unchecked left-wing ascendancy, Americans at least ought to understand what they will be getting, especially with the media cheering it all on.
wow, that sounds like a real hoot!

There's still time to change your minds!
As I said.....it is Jimmy Carter times all over again.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Defeat apologists.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote:Image

Obama Rally Draws 100,000 in Missouri

Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event.

The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.
sheep!
no. Bush herds sheep. Obama herds cats.

100,000 Anti-American cats.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Colin Powell endorses (President) Barack Obama!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Spang wrote:Colin Powell endorses (President) Barack Obama!
Republicans are already downplaying everything Powell has ever done. Republicans are fucking ruthless.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Let that picture be a reminder to the racists and fear mongers in the US that being a muslim does not = bad.

Pretty terrible picture. A man dying for a country that has a noticeable population (some of which post on this board) of people that think his religion is something to be scared of. Fucking disgusting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:Pretty terrible picture. A man dying for a country that has a noticeable population (some of which post on this board) of people that think his religion is something to be scared of. Fucking disgusting.

It's not disgusting you idiot. The fact that so many different beliefs can exist in the same country is a testament to the greatness of our country. Minorities...ever hear of the word? There are racial minorities, religious minorities, and stupid immigrant minorities like you would be if you came here, yet they can all live in the same country. You're going to have a hard time finding some perfect human that the majority of this country's population completely agrees with.

That dude could return to a country that treats women like shit, has horrific human rights, and wipe their asses with their hands but he chose to remain a United States citizen because he knew, despite our own problems, America is still the place of opportunity and melting pot of the world.

Can't stand liberal drama queens that latch onto one issue and blind themselves to the big picture, the greater purpose. You especially with the retarded religious issues in your own country should stfu.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Winnow wrote:That dude could return to a country that treats women like shit, has horrific human rights, and wipe their asses with their hands but he chose to remain a United States citizen because he knew, despite our own problems, America is still the place of opportunity and melting pot of the world.
I agree Nick doesn't have to be so angry but "That dude" was born in New Jersey. Powell made a good point today, one Obama himself is too chickenshit to forcefully make due to the smears.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Forthe wrote:
Winnow wrote:That dude could return to a country that treats women like shit, has horrific human rights, and wipe their asses with their hands but he chose to remain a United States citizen because he knew, despite our own problems, America is still the place of opportunity and melting pot of the world.
I agree Nick doesn't have to be so angry but "That dude" was born in New Jersey. Powell made a good point today, one Obama himself is too chickenshit to forcefully make due to the smears.

Hmmm, I wonder why you don't see that much "emigration" from the Unites States to other countries.

"That dude" certainly could have left the United States. Our country, not that dude in particular, has a lot of whiners but they aren't going anywhere.

Hmmmmm

By, people really hate us:

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I'm not even being angry....I take the replies of people like Winnow to be more a needless misplaced defense of the issue I (and a lot of other people) are raising.

Ultimately, you silly pricks should start realising I'm not your enemy just because I happen to think certain things are bullshit.

We don't have any of the "He's a terrorist, kill him!" squad on VV, despite Winnow playing the "ironically moronic" role a lot. I was referring to the legitimate reality of those who hate a specific religion because those who perpetrated the 911 attacks happened to be islamic.

I don't really see where this got lost in translation, except by Winnow choosing specifically to be willfully ignorant of the content of my post.

I'm really not interested in arguing retardedly anymore, actually. Maybe you are, but I'm not.

Look at this stupidity for example:
It's not disgusting you idiot. The fact that so many different beliefs can exist in the same country is a testament to the greatness of our country. Minorities...ever hear of the word? There are racial minorities, religious minorities, and stupid immigrant minorities like you would be if you came here, yet they can all live in the same country. You're going to have a hard time finding some perfect human that the majority of this country's population completely agrees with.
As Winnow is aware, he's taking my post out of context because he thinks I hate America. When in reality I hate the sort of morons who minimise this guys entire existence. That happen to be american. I don't really think this is a "subtle" consideration. To anyone that isn't a fucking moron.

Also Winnow, the USA isn't the only country on planet Earth that has a number of migrants moving into it. If you weren't such an insular thinking motherfucker of a human being you would realise that Europe's migratory issues dwarf anything the USA happens to be going through. That's not a critique at all of the USA, it's merely a critique of Winnow thinking his country is the only country that's ever had fucking minorities in it.

Grow the fuck up you stupid little man and start discussing things with a degree of intellectual subtlety instead of hatched face ignorant bullshit.

(oh, and by the way, I don't hate you, it just annoys me when you try and de-legitimise anything I say, and not for any justifiable reason, but for some sort of misplaced defensive deluded high ground. So I will say it once and for all, so morons like you can start realising it. I do not hate the USA. The USA is a continent in itself. A continent of great beauty and inspiring human history. That does not mean I have to agree with the absolutist bullshit that you (Winnow) come off with in regards to its "eminence" in the world. It means I can look at things dispassionatly and make my decisions from that. Regardless of what media driven political diatribes or real-politikal intentions may be. Get that into . your. thick. fucking . head.)

Anyone who denies there are a large number of the American voting bloc (let's say at least 10%? That's being generous - and is, btw, large) who feel that "dem muslim sand niggers are ebil" is a fucking tool who needs to shut up. If you're denying that, you're posts really have little weight.

I'm as sad as anyone, as sad as you, to see these people exist. But don't fucking attack me for pointing it out you stupid blinkered piece of shit.

And also, once and for all, how in fucks name does a country's issues that I had no control over being born in, have any fucking bearing on any opinion I may hold as an independent adult? This is such a fucking retarded argument, please stop relying on it, it is absolute nonsense and completely fucking irrelevant to anything.

Cue one liner "i'm so cute and funny" idiocy because actually discussing anything at all beyond reminiscing about EQ or the latest American football results is above and beyond the intellectual ability of half of VV's right wing group.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:I do not hate the USA. The USA is a continent in itself. A continent of great beauty and inspiring human history.
I like to ignore Canada and Mexico as well when thinking of the "continent" of the USA. This "Canamerica" nonsense has got to stop!

I know there are other countries with high immigration. The United Kingdom and Germany are both receiving a lot of immigration.

Here's some more information on U.S. emigration vs immigration:
From the Washington Times:
Last year more than 155,000 Germans emigrated from their native country. Since 2004 the number of ethnic Germans who leave each year is greater than the number of immigrants moving in. While the emigrants are highly motivated and well educated, “those coming in are mostly poor, untrained and hardly educated,” says Stephanie Wahl of the German Institute for Economics.

In a survey conducted in 2005 among German university students, 52 percent said they would rather leave their native country than remain there…

…There are two main reasons why so-called “ethno-Germans” emigrate. Some complain that the tax rates in Germany are so high that it is no longer worthwhile working for a living there. Others indicate they no longer feel at home in a country whose cultural appearance is changing dramatically…

…The situation is similar in other countries in Western Europe. Since 2003, emigration has exceeded immigration to the Netherlands. In 2006, the Dutch saw more than 130,000 compatriots leave…

…In Sweden, 50,000 people packed their bags last year — a rise of 18 percent compared to the previous year and the highest number of Swedes leaving since 1892. In the United Kingdom, almost 200,000 British citizens move out every year.

Where are all these people going? Its not clear, but its a good bet quite a few are coming here. Legal immigration to the US is about 1.5MM/yr - enough to handle quite a few disgruntled, ambitious Europeans.
Conversely, a tiny number of Americans give up their citizenship every year. According to the NYT, emmigration from the US reached “a high of about 2,000 during the Vietnam War in the early 1970s.” That certainly included some of the 50,000-90,000 American men who left for Canada during the Vietnam war.

Today most Americans who give up their citizenship do so for tax reasons. In 2006 the IRS counted 509 (year to date through 12/18/06) including non-citizen resident aliens returning home. In 2002 it was 403 departures. That’s 2-3x the number killed by lightning strikes every year. On a per-capita basis, emmigration from Germany is about 1100x more common than emmigration from the US. Its 3300x for Sweden vs the US.

One factor may be the fact that foreigners have a country that’s fairly easy to immigrate to - here. We have the most liberal immigration policies among large nations. Americans looking for a country to adopt them have a considerably tougher time.

It takes 25 months to become a permanent resident of Canada, followed by a 5 year waiting period before you can apply for citizenship. Don’t speak French or English - then you’re likely out of luck.

How about France? “Assimilation is reserved for persons of non-French descent who are able to prove that they are more French than American, having mastered the language as well as the philosophy of the French way of life. Each case is determined on its own merit, and decisions are made by the Ministère de l’Emploi, du Travail, et de la Cohésion Social.” I wonder what would happen to an American politician suggesting the creation of a Ministry of Social Cohesion to review citizenship applications.

A few Caribbean countries (St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica) will give you citizenship right away, for a $100,000-500,000 surcharge. Not exactly a give me your tred your poor immigration policy.

The WT piece finishes:
Americans who think that the European welfare state is the model to follow would do well to ponder the question why, if Europe is so wonderful, Europeans are fleeing from it. European welfare systems are redistribution mechanisms, taking money from skilled and educated Europeans in order to give it to nonskilled newcomers from the Third World.
It looks like the Euro countries are getting the dumbass immigrants with the intelligent, motivated people emigrating while the U.S. has very few people leaving while receiving the highly motivated, intelligent new people.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Winnow, you can't stand liberal drama queens but you are being a bit of a drama queen yourself atm.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Forthe wrote:Winnow, you can't stand liberal drama queens but you are being a bit of a drama queen yourself atm.
I'm merely trying to make a point. Both outsiders and citizens bitch a lot about the United States but it must be taken in perspective. The perspective part gets ignored often. One of the great things about Second Life is that you have the opportunity to speak to the more "average" citizens of other countries. You get your typically working class and some that barely know how to operate a PC. (the reverse is true of Americans in the game as well for a large majority of the SL population) I find it interesting to listen and discuss with them what they think of the United States. In a recent discussion, New Orleans/Katrina and the lack of relief was the topic that most disturbed the individual that happened to be from the UK. In general, they all understand that "ugly American" doesn't describe everyone from the U.S. the same as "hooligan" doesn't describe everyone from the UK or Ireland.

And what's with Canada having the harsh immigration policy? You have to speak English or French? 25 months for residency and 5 years for citizenship? No wonder there's like one person per ten square miles up there. You're going to need people to work those oil rigs if you keep drilling.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Merely trying to make a point by taking my post entirely and unequivocally out of context?

I can assume in good intentions, but I don't think it fits this time...
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote: And what's with Canada having the harsh immigration policy? You have to speak English or French? 25 months for residency and 5 years for citizenship? No wonder there's like one person per ten square miles up there. You're going to need people to work those oil rigs if you keep drilling.
I had to wait 5 years for citizenship in the U.S.

The point that Powell and Nick were trying to make is that the Republican smear machine is intent on equating terrorism with Islam even though those two things are mutually exclusive. Powell believes this intent is over the top. I believe these tactics have finally been repudiated and the GOP is shattered into fragments precisely because of this kind of politics, their blatant incompetence, and the fact that they are just plain wrong in almost every aspect of their platform, be it domestic or foreign policy.

I don't think Winnow saw MTP or realizes the context of that picture being posted. Powell referenced that picture on Meet the Press today, describing how the GOP betrays the American dream.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWqX_O4BKY
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews1604.html

Things continue to look good for Obama!
He leads with men by 2 points, and is down among whites by only 6 points, down 2 in armed forces households, 3 among investors, and is tied among NASCAR fans.
I never would've guessed that one!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
He leads with men by 2 points, and is down among whites by only 6 points, down 2 in armed forces households, 3 among investors, and is tied among NASCAR fans.
And he's down by 1 with people who will actually vote!

A week left for the October surprise!

Shame Obama cheats.

Check the facts about ACORN. Wonder why it's headline news on CNN:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ith-acorn/

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/22/ ... index.html

Obama is dirty. He knows how to abuse technology. His cronies constantly dumb crap all over the net. You guys just love this sweet talker.
Obama's legal work was his only professional tie to the group, but he also spoke at volunteer training sessions and his campaign had a contract with a group that worked with ACORN.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

ACORN and Bill Ayers.. Can't you guys come up with something new?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Rev. Wright?
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
And he's down by 1 with people who will actually vote!

Shame Obama cheats.

Obama is dirty. He knows how to abuse technology. His cronies constantly dumb crap all over the net. You guys just love this sweet talker.
Obama's legal work was his only professional tie to the group, but he also spoke at volunteer training sessions and his campaign had a contract with a group that worked with ACORN.

I'm fine with ANY tactic that keeps your corrupt, ignorant, incompetent party out of power.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote: And he's down by 1 with people who will actually vote!

Shame Obama cheats.

Oops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Z2t7DT ... re=related
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Gzette wrote:Rev. Wright?
That was all false. There's no way that Obama was involved with Rev. Wright as Wright is a Christian type preacher dude. Everyone knows Obama is a Muslim. Duh!
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

That was all false. There's no way that Obama was involved with Rev. Wright as Wright is a Christian type preacher dude. Everyone knows Obama is a Muslim. Duh!
Gzette wrote:Rev. Wright?
My bad. Guess they can go back to calling him elitist, because it's so bad to be smart.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Anchorage Daily News endorses Barack Obama.
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/567867.html
Palin's rise captivates us but nation needs a steady hand
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Travels With Barack
Four years ago Time photographer Callie Shell met Barack Obama backstage when she was covering presidential candidate John Kerry. She sent her editor more photographs of Obama than Kerry. When asked why, she said, "I do not know. I just have a feeling about him. I think he will be important down the road." Her first photo essay on Obama was two and half years ago. She has stuck with him ever since.
The photographs.

© Callie Shell / Aurora for Time
I loved that he cleaned up after himself before leaving an ice cream shop in Wapello, Iowa. He didn't have to. The event was over and the press had left. He is used to taking care of things himself and I think this is one of the qualities that makes Obama different from so many other political candidates I've encountered. Nov. 7, 2007.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Those were some great photos. I like the one on the bus where his wife is asleep against him as he reads.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm dry heaving because I haven't had breakfast yet.

Heres some pics for you

INC, heavily taxed, socialistic America. Dive in markets just getting started. Obama couldn't spend the money he wants to in three terms let alone one. We're screwed. Good luck with the deficit or, of course, breaking all of those promises that got you elected and has the VVer lefties all dreamy eyed when they speak your name.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't have a problem with any of those pictures.

Furthermore, once Obama is elected, I will be putting up an American flag for the first time. A nice, big one too.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I sincerely hope that a few of you right-wing nuts are Winnow is suicidal after Obama spanks McPlungetheworldintoanewdarkages.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow may not believe in Obama, but Obama believes in Winnow!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

*waits for four years of*

"This isn't Obama's fault. It was Bush that got us into this!"
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Waits for McCain to lose. I have much less time to wait, thx.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Friday is the last day of October!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Just keep! Holding out for! That October surprise!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

McCain fanbois must be worried. Out in full force with some petty bashing!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Why is Winnow crying like a little bitch when the election hasn't even happened yet. What's the matter, don't have the courage of your convictions?