Rock Band 2 Setlist

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Rock Band 2 Setlist

Post by Fash »

1960's (2 songs)
Norman Greenbaum “Spirit in the Sky”
The Who “Pinball Wizard”

1970's (17 songs)
AC/DC “Let There Be Rock”
Allman Brothers “Ramblin Man”
Bad Company “Shooting Star”
Blondie “One Way or Another”
Bob Dylan “Tangled Up in Blue”
Cheap Trick “Hello There”
Elvis Costello “Pump It Up”
Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way”
Jethro Tull “Aqualung”
Journey “Anyway You Want It”
Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son”
Rush “The Trees”
Squeeze “Cool for Cats”
Steely Dan “Bodhitsattva”
Steve Miller Band “Rockn Me”
Talking Heads “Psycho Killer”
The Guess Who “American Woman”

1980's (15 songs)
Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I”
Bon Jovi “Livin on a Prayer”
Devo “Uncontrollable Urge”
Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf”
Janes Addiction “Mountain Song”
Joan Jett “Bad Reputation”
Megadeth “Peace Sells”
Metallica “Battery”
Motorhead “Ace of Spades”
Ratt “Round & Round”
Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot”
Survivor “Eye of the Tiger”
The Go-Gos “We Got the Beat”
The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway”
The Replacements “Alex Chilton”

1990's (22 songs)
Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know”
Alice in Chains “Man in the Box”
Beastie Boys “So Whatcha Want”
Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl”
Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain”
Foo Fighters “Everlong”
Judas Priest “Painkiller”
L7 “Pretend Were Dead”
Lit “My Own Worst Enemy”
Lush “De-Luxe”
Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Whered You Go”
Nirvana “Drain You”
Pearl Jam “Alive”
Presidents of the USA “Lump”
Rage Against the Machine “Testify”
Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away”
Smashing Pumpkins “Today”
Social Distortion “I Was Wrong”
Soundgarden “Spoonman”
Testament “Souls of Black”
The Muffs “Kids in America”
The Offspring “Come Out & Play (Keep ‘em Separated)”

2000's (19 songs)
AFI “Girls Gone Grey”
Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy”
Beck “E-Pro”
Disturbed “Down with the Sickness”
Dream Theater “Panic Attack”
Guns N Roses “Shacklers Revenge”
Interpol “PDA”
Jimmy Eat World “The Middle”
Lacuna Coil “Our Truth”
Linkin Park “One Step Closer”
Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen”
Modest Mouse “Float On”
Panic at the Disco “Nine in the Afternoon”
Paramore “Thats What You Get”
Rise Against “Give it All”
Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye”
System of a Down “Chop Suey”
Tenacious D “Master Exploder”
The Donnas “New Kid in School”
Sounds good but not great... great bands but some crappy song choices.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Rock Band 2 Setlist

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I agree. I also want to know which ones are going to be covers instead of originals. I already know that the System of a Down song, "Chop Suey" is going to be a cover. That really sucks because I was really looking forward to playing that.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I agree. I also want to know which ones are going to be covers instead of originals. I already know that the System of a Down song, "Chop Suey" is going to be a cover. That really sucks because I was really looking forward to playing that.
According to them every single song from rock band 2 is a master track.

I like the songs, I think the band choices are good and if the songs are kind of lacking, it's because they have put songs out by a lot of those bands previously and might have already had most of their well known songs released.

That is something I would like to see less of too, repetition in songs between Guitar Hero and Rockband. It's basically just retarded and annoying for there to be any redundancy.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wikipedia has changed the information to show a master recording for RB2 and a cover for another game coming out next year. That info has been updated within the past 2 days :P

I'm glad to hear it will be a master. That's a great song!

Modest mouse's "Float On" will be awesome too.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

It's funny, each subsequent decade I know fewer and fewer of the artists/songs. Actually I knew every song until the replacements in the 80's section. I've heard of the replacements but wouldn't know any of their songs. And in the 2000's, I may recognize the song if I hear it but I don't know one single title by name here. Jesus, I mean none of them.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The 1990's selection is tasty fine.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

Dregor Thule wrote:The 1990's selection is tasty fine.
Indeed. I might need this.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups is in it? Fantastic!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

moving discussion here so i don't destroy the spore thread:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Aardor wrote:
Fash wrote:I bought this on lunch today while I was at Gamestop deciding whether or not to get the Rockband 2 bundle pre-order. I chose not to.
Sorry for going offtopic, but any reason you decided not to get the bundle? I was going to get it (i do not own any previous versions of rockband or GH)
I'm pretty pissed off that the game only and instruments sold separately come out for the 360 next week, but the bundle doesn't come out til' next month, it should all be out next week or none at all.

I have decided that the features on the Guitar Hero instruments look better than the Rock Band 2 instruments, so I am going to buy the game only and one guitar for Rock Band 2 next week, and the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle next month.
Wow, I just noticed the bundle thing also, that's stupid and makes the xbox exclusive pretty pointless. I wanted to go with the rock band guitar because of the spacing on the struts which are closer to the base of the guitar, I do much better using those than i do with the ones at the top. GH's guitar might have them, which would be fine, but if it doesn't i'm forced to go with the RB2 stuff.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aardor wrote:moving discussion here so i don't destroy the spore thread:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Aardor wrote:
Fash wrote:I bought this on lunch today while I was at Gamestop deciding whether or not to get the Rockband 2 bundle pre-order. I chose not to.
Sorry for going offtopic, but any reason you decided not to get the bundle? I was going to get it (i do not own any previous versions of rockband or GH)
I'm pretty pissed off that the game only and instruments sold separately come out for the 360 next week, but the bundle doesn't come out til' next month, it should all be out next week or none at all.

I have decided that the features on the Guitar Hero instruments look better than the Rock Band 2 instruments, so I am going to buy the game only and one guitar for Rock Band 2 next week, and the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle next month.
Wow, I just noticed the bundle thing also, that's stupid and makes the xbox exclusive pretty pointless. I wanted to go with the rock band guitar because of the spacing on the struts which are closer to the base of the guitar, I do much better using those than i do with the ones at the top. GH's guitar might have them, which would be fine, but if it doesn't i'm forced to go with the RB2 stuff.
Exactly, there's no point in it being an exclusive.

I haven't seen close up pictures of the guitar hero guitar yet, but from what I've read it is going to have a touch pad in the same general area as the higher frets on the rock band guitar that will be used for the same thing, as well as a few other features like bending pitch of notes, etc.

Who knows how it will work in terms of functionality, though. The only thing I used the smaller fret buttons for in rock band was green grass and high tides :) I don't think I used them on any other song.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Funkmasterr wrote: Who knows how it will work in terms of functionality, though. The only thing I used the smaller fret buttons for in rock band was green grass and high tides :) I don't think I used them on any other song.
I was playing rockband this summer for the first time (actually, the first time i had played any rock sim), and when i switched to the lower frets, my rating went from like 75% 60ish combo to 95% 200+ combo on most songs. I think it is because their spacing is almost exactly the same as a keyboard, and/or my hand eye coordination sucks on new things.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Grabbed Rock Band 2 tonight.

Having fun with so far. First song is Eye of the Tiger which is OK but the second on is "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit. Kick ass song. 100% first time!

Actually, I've gotten 100% on the first two songs. I think they made easy a little easier.

Not much has changed. I'm pretty sure the clothing selections are mostly new. Hair styles seem new. Thinking there's some new makeup, and definitely new tats, etc. New Mics (not just different decals but different brands, shapes, etc. The interface has been fine tuned and looks a little better.

Toon band that plays in the background is very well sync'd to the song as usual. My drummer looks like Gert from the Runaways.

I can't find a way to import original Rock Band songs so you might have to do that through XBox Live while connected. RB2 does download the music and some data to the hard drive in order to speed up load times.

You can hear your voice a little more in RB2 which isn't necessarily a good thing!

Named my band, Sweet Pickles. There's a better band customization section. More logo options, etc.

----

Edit: The band logo seems more prominent in the background while playing songs (on drums, banner, etc) Maybe that's just new for solo play.

Noticed vocal chords seem to be a little longer. The lip sync'ing on the toon characters is outstanding. So cool that they took the time to make that look good.

A few extra modes while on tour. Battle of the Bands type events. Can make up your own setlist to play or a mystery setlist. (don't recall that in solo play in RB1)

I started out in London and it looks like there's three venues to play in the city. I have to play a Battle of the Vans gig to open up another city.

So, while nothing major has changed, there's a lot of little improvements that add up to a nice package. This game really gets you to appreciate music. Listening to two songs in the first set I had never heard before while playing the game is a great way to be introduced to the new songs. You notice a lot more of the details about the song IMO.

----

Edit 2:

Hard to stop playing this game, just like the original.

Smashing Pumpkins songs are fucking great in Rock Band. "Today" was the last song in a 3 song set to unlock a new city.

Noticed something else. In some songs, the crowd sings along with you. I noticed in in Hungry Like the Wolf and the Smashing Pumpkins songs. It's subtle but adds a lot to the atmosphere...plus I don't sound so bad with the audience singing along in the background.

There are a few songs by British/Euro bands that are a bitch to sing. Rapid fire type lyrics.

So far, I really like the sets even for the songs I don't know.

Here's a few crappy screens I took with my camera that show the manager screen and a few others:

Some more screens:
[Show]

Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote: I can't find a way to import original Rock Band songs so you might have to do that through XBox Live while connected. RB2 does download the music and some data to the hard drive in order to speed up load times.
This is actually done in RB1. There was a recent update from xbox live that put in a new option under the options tab. You select export songs and it charges you the 400 MS points ($5) and copies 1.52g of songs to the HD.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

I have no idea what to do.

I do not own any previous version of Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I want to get both Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour. I really like the smaller frets on the RB1 guitar, and they appear (though this is only confirmed by images) to be on the RB2 guitar. However, the GHWT guitar (and possibly other instruments, but I only care about the guitar at this point) seem to have more features with the touch sensitive frets. Also I plan to get this for the XBOX360, so I can pick up the game, and the individual guitar next week, but not the package deal.

My current thoughts are to examine the RB2 individual guitar in the store, and if it has the smaller frets, get that and RB2 next week. Then when GHWT comes out, buy the package deal of that to get the other instruments, and have the RB2 guitar as a second guitar/guitar to use if i really like the smaller frets as much as i think I do, while not caring about the touch sensitive crap on the other guitar.

Thoughts?

Edit: the multiple Tool and Jimi Hendrix songs on GHWT really really excites me.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aardor wrote:I have no idea what to do.

I do not own any previous version of Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I want to get both Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour. I really like the smaller frets on the RB1 guitar, and they appear (though this is only confirmed by images) to be on the RB2 guitar. However, the GHWT guitar (and possibly other instruments, but I only care about the guitar at this point) seem to have more features with the touch sensitive frets. Also I plan to get this for the XBOX360, so I can pick up the game, and the individual guitar next week, but not the package deal.

My current thoughts are to examine the RB2 individual guitar in the store, and if it has the smaller frets, get that and RB2 next week. Then when GHWT comes out, buy the package deal of that to get the other instruments, and have the RB2 guitar as a second guitar/guitar to use if i really like the smaller frets as much as i think I do, while not caring about the touch sensitive crap on the other guitar.

Thoughts?

Edit: the multiple Tool and Jimi Hendrix songs on GHWT really really excites me.
Your plan is exactly what I'm doing, and what I would suggest. Rock Band will be in stores this Sunday :) I can't wait!

SINCE WHEN IS THERE TOOL IN GHWT? And why didn't someone tell me? IF that is true that's so awesome I don't even know how to verbalize my excitement!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Your plan is exactly what I'm doing, and what I would suggest. Rock Band will be in stores this Sunday :) I can't wait!

SINCE WHEN IS THERE TOOL IN GHWT? And why didn't someone tell me? IF that is true that's so awesome I don't even know how to verbalize my excitement!
Well, I was scanning wikipedia trying to figure out the guitar stuff, and saw that they had a new set list up as of today (sept 10th). I actually made sure to check the source on the tool songs, because yes, it's too awesome to verbalize. http://investor.activision.com/released ... eID=332573 for the press release on the songs and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_her ... ur#Setlist for the full list.

"Parabola," "Schism," and "Vicarious." Definitely 3 of the top songs I would want if I made a list of Tool songs I would want in a guitar sim game. Hell, I would probably be hard pressed to find a song I wouldn't want. If they ever put "The Grudge" in these type of games, Winnow needs to promise he'll post a video of himself trying to do the 20 second scream at the end.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Holy fuck.. I need a time machine so Oct can come sooner..
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Got my RB2 drums yesterday. So far they are pretty nice.
Pedal seems solid, drum heads aren't overly noisy, and wireless on top of it all.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Played a bit last night, would have played more but I was really tired.

So far, so good! I like the tons of variety there is in different game modes. The challenges are cool, and so are the trophy challenges you can do in world tour mode. I played a few of them, I tried to compete in the "Impossible Challenge" that is, btw, named appropriately. You have to play the Jethro Thull song, Dream Theatre song, and one other heavy metal song, each on expert difficulty, and you don't get any star power. I got through Jethro, and can almost pull off Dream Theatre, but I can't quite get through the solo without star power :(

The achievement list is much better this time around, they got rid of a lot of the more generic achievements and added some that are a bit more creative. I was a bit disappointed to see how many achievements there were related to the drums, but oh well.

I would like the option to play through all of the songs in the setlist without having to unlock them first, and I would like the option to remove songs from being used in the randomly generated setlists (the two songs I can't beat in both the two games combined kept coming up last night, lol!), but other than that no complaints.

I have a ton of the DLC from the first Rock Band - probably 60-70% of it, so with the two games combined now there are far more songs than anyone could ask for to play through, that combined with the variety of challenges and modes, etc makes this a pretty awesome game!

EDIT: I'm gonna be looking for people that can kick ass on expert to play with to rip up the leader boards and get beat some challenges, etc so if you fit that mold (or even if you don't and want to play) send me a message if I'm online.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

ROFL...

There is a achievement for beating the endless setlist without pausing or failing. There is also one for beating a "Impossible" challenge with all players on expert. I can hear myself swearing already :lol:
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

I should be online tonight for a while, Funk... I haven't played through too much yet but all I've done is expert.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fash wrote:I should be online tonight for a while, Funk... I haven't played through too much yet but all I've done is expert.
Cool, I can say with 100% certainty that I will be online tonight :D I'll see ya online then!

I haven't played through too much yet, but I played a few of the tougher songs in some challenges and I can say for damn sure that there are some pretty tough songs in this game! Most of them are metal, many of them don't have any real lyrics that human ears can understand, but they are still a challenge to play :)

If you want to see something absurd, take a look at the drums in this video!

You've got to be kidding me

The guitar part is tough, too.. Holy crap. The "lyrics" definitely suck though. I can't believe the singer is a woman :lol:
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Yikes, that's fucking ridiculous. I can't do anything even close to that... I have beat a few songs on expert drums, but I miss a good deal of the double kicks and after a few songs my leg is dead. The kick drum is the only obstacle for me, the rest of it I can do with ease.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That song is unlistenable.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

miir wrote:That song is unlistenable.
What song is it? I can't view it from work.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

"Visions" by Abnormality
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Some really awful, no-name death metal band.
The singer works for Harmonix or maybe she's fucking the guy who picks the songs because that garbage really doesn't fit in with the game.

I mean, I may not like every song in the game but they are at worst, listenable.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

They're there for a reason. Too bad you don't like them.

Personally, there is no way I could get close to that score.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Not really a matter of liking or disliking it...

It's just musically terrible.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

if you're looking to jam out to a new song, you can go to Extras -> Modify game, and unlock all songs temporarily.

the code is: red yellow blue, red red blue blue, red yellow blue.

while you have it enabled, there's no saving, achievements, or xbox live play... you can then disable it and everything is ok.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Been playing RB2 with the drums.

I can get through on easy OK but the foot pedal kicks my ass so far at higher levels. I prefer the foot pedal to be way off to the side but the wire is too short.

Drums are a lot of fun. I'm using the RB1 drums. Had a friend over this weekend but they had absolutely no rhythm so I couldn't mess around much with multiplay. I'm thinking of buying the full GHWorld Tour kit when it comes out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I can't decide if I want to get the megadeth album or not. I've never really known their stuff before (besides a few songs), but it looks like it's really tough!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

man. RB2 has some absolutely terrible music in it. 90% of the shit you play for the first few hours is garbage that should be bonus tracks or not on the fucking game at all. It starts getting better as you unlock the higher tiers, but jesus FUCK what an awful first impression. Guitar Hero prolly wins this round.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

cadalano wrote:man. RB2 has some absolutely terrible music in it. 90% of the shit you play for the first few hours is garbage that should be bonus tracks or not on the fucking game at all. It starts getting better as you unlock the higher tiers, but jesus FUCK what an awful first impression. Guitar Hero prolly wins this round.
I didn't think it was that bad. I agree that the songs in the first couple sets in the first couple of venues weren't the best, but I didn't think it was that bad. Keep in mind, the bonus tracks aren't separated from the rest of the music like in previous games, it is integrated in with everything else.

That being said, there are a good handful of songs in Guitar Hero that I'm really excited to play.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I didn't think they were that bad.

Guitar Hero may end up winning this round with it's new material generating abilities and fresher look (especially compared to the dated look of previous GH 3 vs RB1) but RB2 is a solid product.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

One thing I've noticed with RB2 that never happened in RB1 was a slight chop in the sound every now and then... anyone else?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fash wrote:One thing I've noticed with RB2 that never happened in RB1 was a slight chop in the sound every now and then... anyone else?
I don't think I've noticed this at all yet, but I'll pay closer attention.

I've been doing a lot of the battle of bands things, and I'm having fun with them! I got 52nd place I think in the bass groove challenge last night, I think I can move up still, gonna try again tonight :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

About to beat the endless setlist 2 which is one of the last few achievements I have left for this game. They made the achievements far too easy to get this time around, I'm kinda disappointed.

In one of the few cases I ever appreciate VV, I got banned from the Rock Band forums today because they are pussies and apparently calling HMXDan (I think) "the load that should have been swallowed" in a private message is just too much for them. :lol:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's so much like RB1 than I am a little underwhelmed. Still, it's been great fun so far.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It's so much like RB1 than I am a little underwhelmed. Still, it's been great fun so far.
In a lot of way, yeah. I think they added a fair amount of things that make it at least a bit of an improvement though. Pros/cons for me would be:

Pros:
-Challenge mode to make setlists for you to add at least a little variety
-Battle of the bands. While they are all basically just the same challenges with different songs, it's fun to be able to go back and forth and have to fight over a couple of days to rank as high as you can
-More songs

Cons:
-Achievements too easy
-I think the hammer on / pull off chords suck (they don't seem to work like they should to me)
-No way to look at the list of songs and see how many stars you have for each, like the normal single player mode for the first game. Naturally, for me after I breeze through the sadly easy achievement list, I would try and gold star as many songs as I can, and this has been made next to impossible to do.
-They tried to cater to too many of the smaller crowds for music with all the obscure shitty songs they put in this game. Visions for example is a worthless song and music resembling it in any way should not be in this, or any other music game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:They're there for a reason. Too bad you don't like them.
What's the reason?

I thought that song sucked. I can't stand growling type 'music' like that. I'd rather listen to rap.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Boogahz wrote:They're there for a reason. Too bad you don't like them.
What's the reason?

I thought that song sucked. I can't stand growling type 'music' like that. I'd rather listen to rap.
someone apparently likes the music. I really doubt they would add the song just for shits-and-giggles.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:someone apparently likes the music. I really doubt they would add the song just for shits-and-giggles.
They added the song because they needed a ridicuously difficult challenge for the achievement freaks.

It was not included for it's musical merit or because the band is popular. It's not even a real band. It's just a Harmonix employee and some of her friends who got together and did a couple of silly death metal song.
The song has random tempo and chord changes. There is no discernable melody or chord progressions. It's detuned and sped up to make some obscenely fast guitar and drum patterns.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Boogahz wrote:someone apparently likes the music. I really doubt they would add the song just for shits-and-giggles.
They added the song because they needed a ridicuously difficult challenge for the achievement freaks.

It was not included for it's musical merit or because the band is popular. It's not even a real band. It's just a Harmonix employee and some of her friends who got together and did a couple of silly death metal song.
The song has random tempo and chord changes. There is no discernable melody or chord progressions. It's detuned and sped up to make some obscenely fast guitar and drum patterns.
You would be amazed, actually. I sure was. The thread that lead to me getting banned from the Rock Band forums was about 20 pages long, and was full of people saying how much talent "growling" as they call it takes, they really like this crap and went to great lengths to defend it. I really wish these people would all get together and commit mass suicide.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's just a song...
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It's just a song...
yeah, and I think it is funny how much it makes miir whine.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It's just a song...
No, it's one of like 30 out of the 80 songs that appeals to a small group of people, and I don't want to have to listen to the bullshit. If a bunch of 14 year old cutters out there want some emo, make it DLC. Same with this really heavy metal bs, too. Anything that's classified as "deathcore" or any other core for that matter shouldn't make it onto the disc of any of these games, because it's fucking garbage.

Like I said, make it DLC, but the songs on disc should be more mainstream. Well known classic rock, modern rock, etc.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funk, do you think you have issues with anger?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I know I do, but I embrace it :)

But really, the songs on disc should be popular songs that will hit 95% of the audience. If they want to release any of this really heavy stuff or any other genre of music that doesn't have as big of a following, it should be DLC.

There's no reason that people (I'm a long, long ways from the only person that's complained, I assure you) should dislike half the music that comes on disc because it's some crap genre of music harmonix put on because they wanted to try to appeal to as many crowds as possible. That's what DLC is for.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups is in it? Fantastic!
When I saw that you were excited about this song, I made up my mind that I was going to hate it no matter what. And I did, at first... But now it's growing on me, goddamnit!