Score another one for abstinence only sex education

What do you think about the world?
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Score another one for abstinence only sex education

Post by Forthe »

Sarah Palin's daughter is pregnant. In the press release they state they are “proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby", this is funny coming from people that believe she shouldn't have a choice.

At least this should squash the child is really the grandchild smear. Still, her flying after her water breaking story is totally retarded.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Score another one for abstinence only sex education

Post by Xatrei »

John McCain has shown impeccable judgment with his decision to choose redneck, white trash, Jesus-crazy, family values paragon and Springer/Montel fodder for his running mate. Clearly, this is the kind of level headed, rational leadership this country needs. You know, because we haven't already had 8 years of dumb decisions.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It's nice to be able to have a decision to make. If Palin had her way, she'd set women back 30 years.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Apparently the reason that this "5-month pregnant Bristol" news came out is because there was a LOT of speculation that Sarah Palin's 4month old son Trig is actually Bristol's son.

A newspaper website in Alaska had at first re-tagged a 2007 holiday picture as 2006 and then removed the picture altogether from their website.

There was also a MySpace profile from Bristol's soon-to-be sister-in-law that has gone dark that had pictures and captions like the following.

http://www.politicalbase.com/profile/jn ... logId=3482

There's some wierd shit going on...
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

It amazed me the people who think the Reverend Wright story was a non-issue, but this is one. Neither one was an issue, but I guess if someone doesn't have your philosophy it is ok to slam them and make shit up. Obama is going to be President, stop worrying so much.

Tell me you don't believe this shit, seriously. You have unscrupulous journalist pushing their right and left wing agendas, I wish for one election we could focus on actual issues. I hear they are holding onto a story about Obama being friends with a 60's radical who "OH MY GOD, HASN'T APOLOGIZED FOR BOMBING A BUILDING." This crap is getting old. It is also the reason we only get crappy candidates. Who wants their lives torn apart like this?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Animalor wrote:Apparently the reason that this "5-month pregnant Bristol" news came out is because there was a LOT of speculation that Sarah Palin's 4month old son Trig is actually Bristol's son.

A newspaper website in Alaska had at first re-tagged a 2007 holiday picture as 2006 and then removed the picture altogether from their website.

There was also a MySpace profile from Bristol's soon-to-be sister-in-law that has gone dark that had pictures and captions like the following.

http://www.politicalbase.com/profile/jn ... logId=3482

There's some wierd shit going on...
Those pictures only support what Sarah Palin says... If Trig was really Sarah Palin's Daughter's kid she would have captioned it nephew instead of brother.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I think it's hilarious people are giving any credibility to the Palin story at all. What a distraction.

I'm liking the Enquirer story about Palin's infidelity so much more fun and credible!

Of course, the Republicans are crying and threatening legal action. I happen to like the Enquirer's response.
"The National Enquirer's coverage of a vicious war within Sarah Palin's extended family includes several newsworthy revelations, including the resulting incredible charge of an affair plus details of family strife when the Governor's daughter revealed her pregnancy. Following our John Edwards' exclusives, our political reporting has obviously proven to be more detail-oriented than the McCain campaign's vetting process. Despite the McCain camp's attempts to control press coverage they find unfavorable, The Enquirer will continue to pursue news on both sides of the political spectrum."
It's so much fun watching the Republican hypocrisy machine wind up to full. That thing should hit critical mass by Nov.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Doesn't matter if I believe it or not, I'm not eligible to vote in the US so it's all purely entertainment.

The way I look at it is this

A - The stories are true and Sarah Palin now has a history of lying to the electorate and covering shit up

or

B - Abstinance Only sex education doesn't work at all since even the children of heads of states are becoming teen parents.

Obviously, the unlikely A story is a lot more damaging to the Republicans since it's their credibility that's at stake as opposed to the B situation where it's simply a bad policy.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Because one girl choosing to have sex makes all abstinence education irrelevant. :roll:

I don't agree with abstinence only education, not in the slightest, but apparently a lot of people do. Luckily, decisions are not placed in the hands of one person, and we don't solely rely upon the school district to educate our kids. You can teach your kids whatever the fuck you want to.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

If I wasn't able to have sex as a teenager, I'd probably be in prison or dead right now.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Ya know, I was going top post about how abstinance-only sex ed is promoting ignorance but then I realised how I have no idea what the curriculum for the classes is.

Having a semester class with the sole topic of "Don't do it" seems a bit light on content but if they give all the standard materials with the over-riding theme of "waiting makes the sex better and less dangerous" wouldn't be half bad.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

anim,
i'm assuming youre saying that its fine as long as abstinence is simply one point of a larger curriculum which covers shit that is grounded in reality, such as condoms and whatnot. that is exactly the treatment that i remember being taught.. but that is not "abstinence-only"

the whole problem with abstinence-ONLY, is that there can be no other content because that content can only be contraception, which is a sin.. teaching about contraception is also counter-intuitive to the entire point of not having sex until marriage. kids wouldn't take abstinence seriously if you said "dont have sex... but if you do- this is how you should!!". Not that anyone takes it seriously anyway.

a wonderful example of how dangerous religion can be!
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

That's what I meant when I mentionned standard materials. Contraceptives, STD's, body developpment etc..
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Fash wrote:Because one girl choosing to have sex makes all abstinence education irrelevant. :roll:

I don't agree with abstinence only education, not in the slightest, but apparently a lot of people do. Luckily, decisions are not placed in the hands of one person, and we don't solely rely upon the school district to educate our kids. You can teach your kids whatever the fuck you want to.
Teenage pregnancy costs us both real and potential money. I would agree that parents can teach them anything they want if they are responsible for the costs themselves and don't use state\public programs.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'd wager that ALL THESE KIDS KNOW WHAT THE FUCK A RUBBER IS FOR... god...
- Ash
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i'm sure they can figure out what their fuckin sexual organs are for also. surely they will decide for themselves how and when to use all of these things in a responsible manner!
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Ashur wrote:I'd wager that ALL THESE KIDS KNOW WHAT THE FUCK A RUBBER IS FOR... god...
Kids are going to fuck. If parents are pushing abstinence only they are still going to fuck, only they are going to hide it. Which means not being able to carry condoms or take the pill without risking being caught. If you don't have that condom on hand it isn't just teenagers that will go bareback.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well, abstinence driven "education" is proven not to work. So let's, metaphorically, put that one to bed right now.

I think this is the weakest story to try and smear Palin with, and highlights the silliness of a liberal media. A truly liberal media would actually concentrate on the issues. So let's put that whole silliness to bed as well.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Tyek wrote:It amazed me the people who think the Reverend Wright story was a non-issue, but this is one.
Someone not related to and not under the supervision of Obama being a dickhead is a bit different than someone related to and under the supervision of Palin dropping out of high school after getting pregnant out of wedlock.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I think they were both non issues.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

Since when is it news that a teenager didn't listen to his or her parents?

Most parents try to instill their values and beliefs into their children. Ultimately it's the son or daughter's choice to decide how they want to live their life.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

it isn't a non-issue. you're missing one of the points of the original post if you are not seeing the relevance to Sarah Palin's integrity.

its about the double-standard that it presents for her to state that she supports her daughters "decision", yet she if she were president she would advocate that decision being made for other American families in the same situation not by the family, but solely by the government.

as far as bristols pregnancy at 17 being an issue on its own regard? i couldn't not care any more than the opposite of one metric unit of caring minus the road distance in kilometers between Chicago and New York