What do you think about the world?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Texas says "yes!" to vigilante justice

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lynks wrote:I wonder how people would react if the under cover cop got out of his car and was shot by Horn.
The cop was out of range of his shotgun, and would have immediately identified himself, so I think that basically negates whatever point you are trying to make here.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

You guys would want to put Batman in jail. :(

I actually think we could use more vigilantism. What's going to actually clean up the streets? Due process? :lol:
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Fash wrote:You guys would want to put Batman in jail. :(

I actually think we could use more vigilantism. What's going to actually clean up the streets? Due process? :lol:
Well said sir. They would indeed put Batman in jail.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Spang wrote:The last time I checked, no one ever got sentenced to death for burglarizing a home. At least not in present day America. True, these guys would still be alive right now if they hadn't been doing bad things, that doesn't give anyone the right to start killing people that don't obey the law.

Those two colored guys stole $2,000 worth of crap. That old fuck stole two people's lives.

Joe Horn needs a lethal injection.

There is a new sheriff in town there pal....it is "We the people"". Castle Doctrine laws are going up all over the place and you are going to see a lot of criminals getting shot and my guess is a reduction in break-ins. The castle doctrine laws make the assumption that if someone does break into your house or your car while you are in it they are there for bad intentions and pretty much puts the law back on the side of the homeowner. If a shooting happens then the state has to prove that the homeowner instigated the confrotation...and it also makes the homeowner immune from civil lawsuits following a shooting so those poor innocent boys' familes don't sue you for taking poor De'Shawan away from them.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

There is a new sheriff in town there pal....it is "We the people"
You are an idiot.

This guy should have been severely punished. The punishment for the robbers did not fit the crime. Even though they are thieves, that doesn't mean they deserve to die. Anyone who disagrees with that sentiment, and this is actually a fact, not an opinion, is a fucking neanderthal animal with an IQ of about 5.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:Anyone who disagrees with that sentiment, and this is actually a fact, not an opinion, is a fucking neanderthal animal with an IQ of about 5.
Here's why it's a waste of time speaking with you. Hopefully, you lose this attitude one day.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: Castle Doctrine laws are going up all over the place and you are going to see a lot of criminals getting shot and my guess is a reduction in break-ins. The castle doctrine laws make the assumption that if someone does break into your house or your car while you are in it they are there for bad intentions and pretty much puts the law back on the side of the homeowner. If a shooting happens then the state has to prove that the homeowner instigated the confrotation...and it also makes the homeowner immune from civil lawsuits following a shooting so those poor innocent boys' familes don't sue you for taking poor De'Shawan away from them.
Castle Doctrine doesn't apply at all here. The ONLY reason this guy got away with shooting 2 people in the back is that he made the argument that they were threatening his life. This case had nothing to do with castle doctrine, except that Joe incorrectly thought it justified his actions at the time of the shooting. Luckily for him his lawyer wasn't a dumbass and knew what strategy to use.

He probably screamed, "It's comin right for us!!" while he was shooting them.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

True, these guys would still be alive right now if they hadn't been doing bad things, that doesn't give anyone the right to start killing people that don't obey the law.

I was specifically referring to this part of his quote.....I should have specified.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:
There is a new sheriff in town there pal....it is "We the people"
You are an idiot.

This guy should have been severely punished. The punishment for the robbers did not fit the crime. Even though they are thieves, that doesn't mean they deserve to die. Anyone who disagrees with that sentiment, and this is actually a fact, not an opinion, is a fucking neanderthal animal with an IQ of about 5.

I hope you break in my house.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bojangels wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: Castle Doctrine laws are going up all over the place and you are going to see a lot of criminals getting shot and my guess is a reduction in break-ins. The castle doctrine laws make the assumption that if someone does break into your house or your car while you are in it they are there for bad intentions and pretty much puts the law back on the side of the homeowner. If a shooting happens then the state has to prove that the homeowner instigated the confrotation...and it also makes the homeowner immune from civil lawsuits following a shooting so those poor innocent boys' familes don't sue you for taking poor De'Shawan away from them.
Castle Doctrine doesn't apply at all here. The ONLY reason this guy got away with shooting 2 people in the back is that he made the argument that they were threatening his life. This case had nothing to do with castle doctrine, except that Joe incorrectly thought it justified his actions at the time of the shooting. Luckily for him his lawyer wasn't a dumbass and knew what strategy to use.

He probably screamed, "It's comin right for us!!" while he was shooting them.
Do you keep missing the part of the cop witnessing the entire chain of events? Or are you just dense in general? What happened is not debatable or up for interpretation.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:

I've always been more of a Marvel Comics fan, which issue was it when Batman shot the two burglars in the back as they fled with $2000 worth of loot?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The first Batman story, "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate," was published in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939). Finger said, "Batman was originally written in the style of the pulps",[13] and this influence was evident with Batman showing little remorse over killing or maiming criminals and was not above using firearms
The first issue of the solo spin-off series Batman was notable not only for introducing two of his most persistent antagonists, the Joker and Catwoman, but for a story in which Batman shoots some monstrous giants to death.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sylvus wrote:

I've always been more of a Marvel Comics fan, which issue was it when Batman shot the two burglars in the back as they fled with $2000 worth of loot?
Always so literal. You are beyond reproach huh? Enjoy your pedestal.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I don't think anyone has said that the dudes were outstanding human beings. They deserved to be incarcerated and deported again - for sure. What some people (myself included) have a problem with is that from the safety of his own house, where he was when he was instructed by a 911 dispatcher to stay, he was in no danger whatsoever. The fact that he went out there, ignoring the due process of the law and enacting his own form of justice when he deemed the response of the authorities to be insufficient (as can be heard on the 911 tape when he says something to the effect of "Hurry up man, catch these guys, will you? 'Cause I'm ain't gonna let 'em go") makes him a vigilante. Whether or not the world is better of with or without the two guys that got killed is besides the point. The point is, that it wasn't Joe Horn's decision to make. We have a criminal justice system in place for that exact cause. And whatever you want to say, we all know that he didn't shoot those guys in self-defense. He went outside with the intention to shoot and shot to apprehend or kill.

I also happen to agree with Sylvus that the punishment didn't quite fit the (verymanymuch) crime(s).
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

laneela wrote:I don't think anyone has said that the dudes were outstanding human beings. They deserved to be incarcerated and deported again - for sure. What some people (myself included) have a problem with is that from the safety of his own house, where he was when he was instructed by a 911 dispatcher to stay, he was in no danger whatsoever. The fact that he went out there, ignoring the due process of the law and enacting his own form of justice when he deemed the response of the authorities to be insufficient (as can be heard on the 911 tape when he says something to the effect of "Hurry up man, catch these guys, will you? 'Cause I'm ain't gonna let 'em go") makes him a vigilante. Whether or not the world is better of with or without the two guys that got killed is besides the point. The point is, that it wasn't Joe Horn's decision to make. We have a criminal justice system in place for that exact cause. And whatever you want to say, we all know that he didn't shoot those guys in self-defense. He went outside with the intention to shoot and shot to apprehend or kill.

I also happen to agree with Sylvus that the punishment didn't quite fit the (verymanymuch) crime(s).
Thankfully, there are people who don't feel the way you do. It takes those people who aren't as bleeding heart to do what needs to done.....wars, law enforcement, etc.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I guess that is where normal people differ from the ultra-liberals. You coddle criminals and by you enable them to continue and get bolder. If we had more people that actually were to get involved and stop criminal behavior instead of running inside and ignoring it, then maybe our country would not be on a straight descent to hell. Personally, I would love to see an epidemic of people shooting these fuckers in the face and killing them by the thousands. The penal system in this country as it stands now does not work as intended.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Keep talkin' like that son, and you are going to make Sabian's panties all wet.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Me just talking makes Sabian wet
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

So if some kid throws a rock at my neighbor's window and breaks it, I can go out with a gun and tell him to freeze and when he runs away, I can shoot him... Gotcha.

And before you tell me it isn't the same thing, it sure as hell is but where do you draw the line? The answer is, you don't, it's not your call to draw the line. It is up to the police officer and the law to decide that.

1 person is not the judge, jury and executioner. Sure, this guy may have done the right thing (in your eyes only), but what about the next guy? Where is the next guy going to draw the line. At some kid walking all over his lawn? At someone slashing tires?

I have no problem with vigilante justice, as long as it follows due process. You know that 5th admendment. The thing you guys love to claim you don't want to change?

All you pro-gun people are such hypocrites. When someone wants to get rid of the Right to Bear Arms, you go in a stink but you are fine with getting rid of the Due Process thing. Yes they were illegal immigrants but did they have a sign?
Last edited by Lynks on July 3, 2008, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I guess that is where normal people differ from the ultra-liberals. You coddle criminals and by you enable them to continue and get bolder. If we had more people that actually were to get involved and stop criminal behavior instead of running inside and ignoring it, then maybe our country would not be on a straight descent to hell. Personally, I would love to see an epidemic of people shooting these fuckers in the face and killing them by the thousands. The penal system in this country as it stands now does not work as intended.
No one is suggesting coddling anyone. They are just expressing basic morality that any civilized human being should possess. I'm all for the castle doctrine; if someone comes into your house and you feel that yourself or your family is in danger, by all means, blast away. I would never suggest that the life of a criminal is worth more than a single hair on your child's head. Far from it. I will, however, suggest that all lives are worth more than $2000 worth of property. Even Hammurabi's code was just an eye for an eye, not your whole life for a home theater system.

What I have a problem with is this guy turning into Frank Castle for no reason. He'd called the cops. There was already a cop there responding to the call who saw him kill these guys, for fuck's sake. If he stayed in his house, the cop could have done his job, the perps could have gotten punishment befitting the crime, and I would have no problem whatsoever with them being deported or locked away for however long the judge saw fit. If they'd come into Joe Horn's house or disturbed him in any way without him going outside to confront them, I would have had no problem with him defending himself to the point of killing the two of them.
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Thankfully, there are people who don't feel the way you do. It takes those people who aren't as bleeding heart to do what needs to done.....wars, law enforcement, etc.
Which of the "bleeding hearts" here has suggested (at least in this thread) that someone in the military or law enforcement is wrong when they kill another person in the line of duty? No one has. In fact, if you could actually fucking read, you'd see that Laneela suggested that one of those groups of people that you mention should be allowed to do their job, rather than Joe Horn coming out like Yosemite Sam, killing the one guy who "ran toward [him], but had angled away from him toward the street" as well as the other guy who apparently, from the plainclothes description, did not come toward Horn at all and was still shot in the back.

Go Blue!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Also...

The Fifth Amendment prevents individuals from being punished without "due process of law." Due process extends to all persons (including non-U.S. citizens within the U.S.) and corporate entities. The Fourteenth Amendment explicitly binds the states with due process protections.

And no...you can't pick and chose which amendments you get to follow to fit your arguments.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lynks wrote:No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Also...

The Fifth Amendment prevents individuals from being punished without "due process of law." Due process extends to all persons (including non-U.S. citizens within the U.S.) and corporate entities. The Fourteenth Amendment explicitly binds the states with due process protections.

And no...you can't pick and chose which amendments you get to follow to fit your arguments.
I can do whatever I goddamn well please, kinda like how christians are with their rules. Things don't have to be all or nothing, I don't have to agree with every word of the constitution just like I don't have to believe or agree with every part of anything else. No one here has argued gun rights citing only the constitution as the reason why.

I refuse to acknowledge any illegal citizen as having any form of any rights in this country, and I'm sure you'll find a similar sentiment amongst a large percentage of the population.

The legal system fucking sucks. Had this guy never even confronted these two completely worthless fucks, one of two things would happen;
1- The cops wouldn't catch them and they would keep doing this.. What if next time these guys are robbing someone and are confronted, and they shoot or otherwise harm the person defending their property?
2- The cops would catch them, they would be deported, and would probably be back in the country inside of a week, a month tops. They would continue to do this and who knows what else, indefinitely.

This is a massive failure of the legal system, and the punishment they received was much more fitting. We need to stop going so far out of our way and spending so much money to try and fix or reform or defend criminals - it's been proven time and time again (and again, and again, and again, and again) that it doesn't work and it's a monstrous waste of our money.

If I knew you had a chance to stop a criminal and chose to let him go or turned him into the cops and they didn't do anything (or enough) - and that person ended up later hurting my family or even stealing something from my property, not only would I go after them, but I'd go after you.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Hahahaha. So you will do something to me cause I didnt stop a guy (letting the police do their job) from stealing your tv? See you in jail you tool. Your 2000 dollar property will cost you a lot more in the law suit that I'm going to be handing you if you ever do.
Last edited by Lynks on July 3, 2008, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lynks wrote:Hahahaha. So you will do something to me cause I didnt stop a guy (letting the police do their job) from stealing your tv? See you in jail you tool.

Yep, and your naive outlook, bleeding heart and unrealistic bullshit ideals will probably end up resulting in you getting someone hurt, or getting hurt yourself - hopefully you and not some poor innocent person that was unfortunate enough to know you/be around you.

EDITLOL It's funny watching you idiots edit every post to completely reword whatever weak shit you're trying to say to me, get it right the first time you fucking moron.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

You "hope" that I get injured because I have a difference of opinion? You are no better than those who wish the same thing towards Midnyte. I don't go and break the law and yet I'm not "innocent". Your values are really fucked up.

Oh no, I edited my post to add something. Much better than creating 2-3 posts in a row...fucking moron.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lynks wrote:You "hope" that I get injured because I have a difference of opinion? You are no better than those who wish the same thing towards Midnyte. I don't go and break the law and yet I'm not "innocent". Your values are really fucked up.

Oh no, I edited my post to add something. Much better than creating 2-3 posts in a row...fucking moron.
Your reading comprehension must also be lacking, sir. I said if something happened I hope no one else had to pay for your stupidity, that you got it instead.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Due process is only regarding arrests and the legal system. There is no due process involved in this. And of course even with them standing 10 feet away and telling them to stop, they failed to do that with a shotgun pointed at them. Maybe Joe should be sued for not telling them to stop in spanish.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sylvus wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Thankfully, there are people who don't feel the way you do. It takes those people who aren't as bleeding heart to do what needs to done.....wars, law enforcement, etc.
Which of the "bleeding hearts" here has suggested (at least in this thread) that someone in the military or law enforcement is wrong when they kill another person in the line of duty? No one has. In fact, if you could actually fucking read, you'd see that Laneela suggested that one of those groups of people that you mention should be allowed to do their job, rather than Joe Horn coming out like Yosemite Sam, killing the one guy who "ran toward [him], but had angled away from him toward the street" as well as the other guy who apparently, from the plainclothes description, did not come toward Horn at all and was still shot in the back.

Thanks again Larry Literal.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

You were speaking figuratively?

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:I can do whatever I goddamn well please...
What gives you the goddamn right?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Due process is only regarding arrests and the legal system. There is no due process involved in this. And of course even with them standing 10 feet away and telling them to stop, they failed to do that with a shotgun pointed at them. Maybe Joe should be sued for not telling them to stop in spanish.
Due process should have been involved in this but they were not given the opportunity. Although I'm not shedding a tear because some thug was killed, my concern is that the average citizen should not have the right to decide the fate of other people. I don't trust the average man. The average man is stupid and reacts on emotion.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

So Midnyte and Funk, do you also think its perfectly ok if one of your own kids got up to some idiocy and broke into an empty house and the neighbour shot him? Or why cut the line there, why not shoot vandals too, so if one of your kids, or one of the kids in your family tries to paint grafitti on some guys house, its perfectly OK to shoot him?
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've got a better question. Why must someone bring my kids into every discussion. Was one of these Colombian scum one of your children?

Instead of answering your shitty and non apples to apples comparison, I'll answer the question should should have asked.

If my son was one of those two scum who broke into that house then I'd be sad that my son was dead, but I wouldn't have a problem with what that great neighbor did. My son would have deserved it. He choose that life and must suffer the consequences of such decision.

Maybe you haven't paid much attention to many other threads where this stupid question is brought up or you'd know my answer wouldn't change because of how it might affect me. This country wasn't founded or become as great as it has by doing so.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Like Deward said, home invasions just don't happen in Wisconsin. Like Texas, everyone pretty much has multiple firearms. Unlike Texas, we all generally learned how to fire them accurately at an early age and they are not just some glorified penis extention. I am going to go my own road here and say that everyone involved in this situation was a dumbass.

The burglars probably should have known better than try and rob a house in redneck whitey central. They were career hoods and probably would still be alive if they were either caucasian or had the sense to drop to the ground when the old bastard leveled the street sweeper at them. I don't care if some fucko is stealing a plastic gnome off of someone's lawn in that part of the country, it is just a bad idea for black people to do. Career criminal shitheads like them should have known better. They will not be missed.

Now as for the old fucker, in a close quarters confrontation involving firearms, crazy things can happen and you can't know unless you have experienced that type of situation how a given person will react. Getting shot in the back really doesn't tell the entire story of the situation. Unfortunately, doing it twice with a shotgun is pretty much indicative of premeditation. This asshole saw some darkies and decided he was going to go out and defend the white race. I don't care who you are, you can't manage to shoot TWO people in the back with any kind of legally available shotgun, without some premeditation being involved. It is not a semi-automatic weapon where you can pop two shots off without even thinking about it. It is a short range weapon with a lengthy rechambering sequence and a massive falloff in killing potential once someone gets some distance away from you. Like say, an athletic guy running for his life after seeing his buddy getting his ass blown off while the old coot pumps the feed for another shot. This guy should have stayed put with his gun in hand and let the law do its job. But because he didn't like what the dispatcher was telling him, he went out and took the law into his own hands, Texas/KKK style, and shot a couple darkies in the back. Luckily for him, no one in Texas really cares about this sort of thing.

Everyone is a loser in this debacle, even the cop who had to have been close enough to yell at the old fucker not to mow down the second guy, if he got that kind of eyewitness detail at the scene. But, it is Texas; the only state that has to have notices posted to remind people not to bring their guns into a bar.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Jice Virago wrote:Like Deward said, home invasions just don't happen in Wisconsin. Like Texas, everyone pretty much has multiple firearms. Unlike Texas, we all generally learned how to fire them accurately at an early age and they are not just some glorified penis extention. I am going to go my own road here and say that everyone involved in this situation was a dumbass.

The burglars probably should have known better than try and rob a house in redneck whitey central. They were career hoods and probably would still be alive if they were either caucasian or had the sense to drop to the ground when the old bastard leveled the street sweeper at them. I don't care if some fucko is stealing a plastic gnome off of someone's lawn in that part of the country, it is just a bad idea for black people to do. Career criminal shitheads like them should have known better. They will not be missed.

Now as for the old fucker, in a close quarters confrontation involving firearms, crazy things can happen and you can't know unless you have experienced that type of situation how a given person will react. Getting shot in the back really doesn't tell the entire story of the situation. Unfortunately, doing it twice with a shotgun is pretty much indicative of premeditation. This asshole saw some darkies and decided he was going to go out and defend the white race. I don't care who you are, you can't manage to shoot TWO people in the back with any kind of legally available shotgun, without some premeditation being involved. It is not a semi-automatic weapon where you can pop two shots off without even thinking about it. It is a short range weapon with a lengthy rechambering sequence and a massive falloff in killing potential once someone gets some distance away from you. Like say, an athletic guy running for his life after seeing his buddy getting his ass blown off while the old coot pumps the feed for another shot. This guy should have stayed put with his gun in hand and let the law do its job. But because he didn't like what the dispatcher was telling him, he went out and took the law into his own hands, Texas/KKK style, and shot a couple darkies in the back. Luckily for him, no one in Texas really cares about this sort of thing.

Everyone is a loser in this debacle, even the cop who had to have been close enough to yell at the old fucker not to mow down the second guy, if he got that kind of eyewitness detail at the scene. But, it is Texas; the only state that has to have notices posted to remind people not to bring their guns into a bar.
I would like to point out that not all shotguns are single shot, and I don't think the kind of shotgun was specified here. I would venture to guess he kept it loaded and for a good reason, so I can't say I'm sure how this is such a blazing sign of premeditation.

I would also like to point out that there are signs on many establishments in minnesota as well saying guns are not allowed.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

You guys are laughable.

Not expecting to be slaughtered in the street for robbery is "bleeding heart liberal".

And Midnyte expects us to believe he'd be quite content to have one of his little snowflakes gunned down for theft, which does make me wonder exactly where you draw the line for your redneck wet dream death penalty; speeding? speeding in school zones? Spitting on your chaps?

Too funny. Oh, and the return of Batman and support the troops in the same thread! rofl. Priceless.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I've got a better question. Why must someone bring my kids into every discussion. Was one of these Colombian scum one of your children?

Instead of answering your shitty and non apples to apples comparison, I'll answer the question should should have asked.

If my son was one of those two scum who broke into that house then I'd be sad that my son was dead, but I wouldn't have a problem with what that great neighbor did. My son would have deserved it. He choose that life and must suffer the consequences of such decision.

Maybe you haven't paid much attention to many other threads where this stupid question is brought up or you'd know my answer wouldn't change because of how it might affect me. This country wasn't founded or become as great as it has by doing so.
I try to bring it up so you MIGHT actually be able to get into your head that this actually happens to PEOPLE, not some random "they deserved it, no matter what it was, for being black/brown/criminal/in the wrong place/liberal/doing something i wouldnt do/not being me" world that you appearantly live it.
I should know by now that its a lost cause though, you are completely unable to see reason, or feel empathy, i dont know why i even bother.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

You guys are laughable.

Not expecting to be slaughtered in the street for robbery is "bleeding heart liberal".

And Midnyte expects us to believe he'd be quite content to have one of his little snowflakes gunned down for theft, which does make me wonder exactly where you draw the line for your redneck wet dream death penalty; speeding? speeding in school zones? Spitting on your chaps?

Too funny. Oh, and the return of Batman and support the troops in the same thread! rofl. Priceless.
This. You people are really becoming seriously fucking deluded. I'd seek professional help at this stage.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hesten wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I've got a better question. Why must someone bring my kids into every discussion. Was one of these Colombian scum one of your children?

I try to bring it up so you MIGHT actually be able to get into your head that this actually happens to PEOPLE, not some random "they deserved it, no matter what it was, for being black/brown/criminal/in the wrong place/liberal/doing something i wouldnt do/not being me" world that you appearantly live it.
I should know by now that its a lost cause though, you are completely unable to see reason, or feel empathy, i dont know why i even bother.
It has nothing to do with black or brown or whatever. Just because someone shares an opinion different than you doesn't make them wrong or unable to empathize, etc. I'm sorry for you that you feel so deeply for two criminals you don't know. You depth of emotion must be astounding. I don't know how you go out in public. You must be a weeping mess 24/7.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I don't think anyone gives a good goddamn about those illegal aliens. It's not about them. It's about some guy walking out of the safety of his own home, and killing two people for no reason. That filthy, old fuck had no reason being out there, putting his life, and the lives of others at risk. You call the fucking cops when shit like this is happening in your neighborhood. You don't go outside and start bustin' caps in people's asses.

To save a life?
Sure!

To save a stereo?
Fuck no!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:I don't think anyone gives a good goddamn about those illegal aliens. It's not about them. It's about some guy walking out of the safety of his own home, and killing two people for no reason. That filthy, old fuck had no reason being out there, putting his life, and the lives of others at risk. You call the fucking cops when shit like this is happening in your neighborhood. You don't go outside and start bustin' caps in people's asses.

To save a life?
Sure!

To save a stereo?
Fuck no!

That's your opinion. Neato for you. Personally, I wish we had more of this man. Then maybe burglarizing a home might be a riskier proposition than it has been.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Shut up idiot. The reality is that people shouldn't be killed for things like burgling a fucking house, despite whatever 1984 retard reality you want to live in.

Idiot.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:Shut up idiot. The reality is that people shouldn't be killed for things like burgling a fucking house, despite whatever 1984 retard reality you want to live in.

Idiot.
I envy you Nick. To have the arrogance of thinking you're so right all the time and those who disagree are all idiots must be nice.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Yes, killing people for stealing your neighbor's shit is the right thing to do.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Bubba Grizz wrote:If more people stood up and did this then there would be less home invasions I would guess. Granted there would be more dead criminals and more than likely more innocent dead. After a while though this kind of crime wouldn't be as high as it currently is I would bet.
:vv_yeahthat:
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I bet those damn kids will stay the fuck off of Mr. Horn's lawn now!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Nick wrote:Shut up idiot. The reality is that people shouldn't be killed for things like burgling a fucking house, despite whatever 1984 retard reality you want to live in.

Idiot.
I envy you Nick. To have the arrogance of thinking you're so right all the time and those who disagree are all idiots must be nice.

Laughable hypocrisy.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bagar- wrote:

Idiot.

Laughable hypocrisy.
You're as delusional as Nick then or don't pay much attention to my posts.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes I'm "delusional" because I don't think petty criminals should be immediately murdered for their crimes. Aren't you the fuckstick who's cousin is in jail for murder or something?

You're a Fucking spastic.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Spang wrote:I don't think anyone gives a good goddamn about those illegal aliens. It's not about them. It's about some guy walking out of the safety of his own home, and killing two people for no reason. That filthy, old fuck had no reason being out there, putting his life, and the lives of others at risk. You call the fucking cops when shit like this is happening in your neighborhood. You don't go outside and start bustin' caps in people's asses.

To save a life?
Sure!

To save a stereo?
Fuck no!

That's your opinion. Neato for you. Personally, I wish we had more of this man. Then maybe burglarizing a home might be a riskier proposition than it has been.
I guess when you are a pizza delivery boy, that stereo represents a substantial part of your life savings and is worth killing for.

But on a serious note, I don't value those assholes lives over anything and they deserved to get shot for being so stupid. That said, the old guy was an asshole who disobeyed the authorities to go shoot some people in premeditation. I guess you have no problem disobeying the authorities if it fits into your racist agenda, but then again your hypocracy should suprise no one.

@Funkmaster:
I don't care what kind of fucking shotgun the guy was using, there is no way he shot two men IN THE BACK lethally unless he went into the situation with the intent of doing just that. One guy, sure, absolutely. Two guys? In the back? Dead? With a shotgun? Not a fucking chance. And I believe it was a pump action shotgun, if I recall the articles I read on this correctly, which makes it even less likely. I have fired a shotgun many times and, I would assume that you (being from Minnesota) would have as well. You know damn well I am right on this.

And pointing out that Minnesota is as retarded as Texas does nothing for your point. First of all, it doesn't make Texas any less retarded (Wisonsin has no such notices in their bars, and we have more guns), it in no way makes the old coot less of a racist redneck idiot just because Minnesota is also full of them, and people already knew Minnesota was retarded, if only because you and Cart live there.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower