Blizzard.com Splash Screen - Diablo III Announced

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Blizzard.com Splash Screen - Diablo III Announced

Post by Dregor Thule »

Honestly I'm amazed this hasn't been posted about yet. So on all the major Blizzard website there's a splash screen that's been evolving over the past few days, presumably to be revealed finally on Saturday at the WWI in Paris. Speculation is rampant to the point of idiocy right now. I'm not really sure what it's going to be. I've moved past thinking it's a WotLK thing. I also don't think it pertains to a Diablo 3 announcement either. At this point I'm leaning towards an entirely new franchise being revealed. The various symbols/rune appearing on the picture signifying their major franchises (although I'm not sure what the latest one is) sort of makes me believe they're showing off what they have, but there's a new kid on the block and he's bustin' free.

I know there's a few people here that have some fairly solid contacts at Blizzard... any hints? :O

edit: Oh, here's the pics ><

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... creen4.jpg
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Blizzard.com Splash Screen

Post by cadalano »

i'd bet its diablo 3. i know it was in an alpha phase (blizz friend told me he played the development copy) but that was at least a year ago and i dont keep in touch with him anymore. i dont think they've actually done any announcements for it yet, have they?
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

alright now it looks more like a protoss dude :(
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Yeah, it does. It's amazing how many mouth-breathers think it still looks like Arthas. They're supposedly announcing a new game tho, and from what I've heard Kaplan and Chilton are going to be shuffled over to another MMO after Wrath ships, so who knows! So many damned rumours flying around. The one stating DKs will be playable to people who pre-order got my wish factor churning into overdrive, but I know that won't happen! :(
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Diablo 3 Confirmed, a bug in the teleprompter at the event "leaked the info", opening ceremony starting right now !
from http://www.mmo-champion.com/
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I just watched the Trailer and Gameplay video on blizzard.com.
Seemed to me like more of the sameold with prettier graphics and a few WoW elements moved in.

And of course, being a Blizzard game, we still have ~2 years to wait for it anyways.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Yep. So not excited about D3. The first 2 games held my attention for a week or two at most, I expect this one to do about the same.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

it looks great. lots of improvements from d2 in terms of interface. lots of creative mobs in the gameplay preview. destuctable environment is shit hot
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I think it looks awesome. I can't wait. Too bad Diablo 2 looks like shit on a 24" widescreen or else I'd play through that again.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'm looking forward to enjoying the hell out of this. As I've grown older and my life has changed, I just don't have the time for meaningful play in an MMOG. I loved D2 because I could log on for just a bit and still maybe get a nice piece of loot etc. I'm looking forward to this.

I just wish they'd announced all the classes. =\
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

I've been a big fan of the Diablo series when friends introduced me to the first one about 10 years ago. My husband and I have started new ladder characters in D2 right now. We've been waiting for a D3 to come out, so we're quite happy with the news.

My life's changed as well and as much as I've enjoyed EQ, WoW, and EQ2, I don't have time to sink myself into MMO's right now... especially with a little one on the way.

I hope the release date isn't TOO far off.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I think it looks awesome. I can't wait. Too bad Diablo 2 looks like shit on a 24" widescreen or else I'd play through that again.
if youre jonesing for D2 with better graphics, check out Titan Quest. Currently playing that through.. best game I ever bought for 20 bucks
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Well, i was dissapointed over Diablo 2 (got it on release day, and still 4 months after, when i stopped playing it, it was fairly bug filled, i personally spend i think 2X the time needed to complete it, due to bugs and crashes).
And Titan Quest i uninstalled after a few hours, some Scifi D2 clone i cant even remember the name of i uninstalled in an hour, and Hellgate London im so pissed at that ill never install it again.
So I plan to see good reviews of D3 before considering buying it, since its most likely overhyped by rabid fanboys.

All that being said, I was drooling when i saw the footage from the announcement party, and it looks like it has great potential.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

cadalano wrote:it looks great. lots of improvements from d2 in terms of interface. lots of creative mobs in the gameplay preview. destuctable environment is shit hot
From what I saw, it seems to me like the destructible environments are mostly was Blizzard just usually pulls off with their item palelle except that this time monsters register that the item is animating and consequently die.

I would consider this game to have destructible environments if you could smash through any walls, item, column, item or tree that you ran into(Which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Titan Quest was a fucking fantastic (if completely forgettable) way to pass the time. Diablo 2 was fine, but Titan Quest seemed to improve upon it.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Blizzard.com Splash Screen - Diablo III Announced

Post by Ashur »

My brother and nephew love D2 and still play it. I hope their machines will be able to handle D3.
- Ash
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

This post made me reinstall D2 and start playing again!

Can't wait for D3 - been way too long.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm still playing through Titan Quest...but I get bored with it so much easier than the diablo titles. I may have to play through Diablo 1 now, but I just don't think it will be barable since you can't run, 22" monitor, and all that jazz working against it...but we'll see.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I did purchase and am now playing Titan Quest. The original and expansion were only 20$. It really should've been called Diablo 2.5. Everything is the same, from hotkeys to sound effects. I think we're all used to games that borrow from others, but this is a side by side clone. It's pretty crazy. I'm enjoying it so far and it sounds like it's going to be a pretty long game.

I watched the gameplay footage of D3 with my wife and I don't think I've ever seen her more excited for a game release. See, I met my wife online. She actually lived a couple of towns over. I got her into playing Diablo 2 and we would play together online. During this time, she met and became friends with many of my closest friends before she ever met them in real life. So, there is a lot of nostalgia in that game for her and she can't wait to play again and game with those same friends in a Diablo setting.

We've had a pretty involved debate about who the remaining 3 character classes should be! The very simple option of having male and female characters is a welcome change, since before she limited herself to female classes.

God I love my wife.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Fairweather Pure wrote:God I love my wife.
Then why don't you marry her!

Oh wait
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Fairweather Pure wrote: We've had a pretty involved debate about who the remaining 3 character classes should be! The very simple option of having male and female characters is a welcome change, since before she limited herself to female classes.
Well there has to be a mage of some type, for sure! As for the other 2, not sure. Wonder how long it will be before they release the info on the other classes?
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Are you playing TQ solo, because it's so much more fun multi. Especially with friends, and you plan on having complementary abilities.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

FYI, I've been reading about D2 on a variety of message boards, and the '5 classes' thing is apparently not set in stone for release. From what I'm reading, 5 are 100% for sure and planned, but they're not set on there only being 5.

Personally, I have Titan Quest and it's expansion, but I'm replaying D2 with a Javazon. There's just something about D2 that Titan Quest, Darkstone, Dungeon Siege and Hellgate London were never able to achieve.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.