Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Question for those who like Obama but not Hillary

Post by Siji »

Do you seriously think that someone in that level of government is only making a yearly salary? It's a safe bet that the majority of their money comes from somewhere other than a paycheck.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Back on topic, I just saw this today:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/McCai ... cCain.aspx

Basically, ~20-30% of Democrats polled said they would not vote for the Democratic candidate if it wasn't the one they were supporting in the primaries.

What surprised me was that it was more Clinton supporters who wouldn't vote for Obama than vice versa. I'm an Obama supporter, and I was in that % who wouldn't vote for Clinton, but I may change my mind now. I don't agree with a lot of McCain's positions, but Clinton comes across to me as extremely disingenuous. I'd have a tough time supporting her, but I'd hate to feel like I was manipulated into basically handing over the election to McCain because of how Clinton's portrayed in the media.

How much longer can Obama and Clinton attack each other like this before everyone's sick of both of them? I can see this as being how the Republicans win the WH again. Will people change their minds once someone wins the nomination and the Dem smear machine is turned against McCain?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Lol man I just realized what your freaky avatar reminds me of.
[Show]
The similarity is eerie.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Image
I heard Rush on the radio the other day. It was the first time I'd heard him in at least a decade. I thought his career ended after his drug addiction and everything that came with it? It helps cement the stereotype that conservative republicans are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. Anyway, within 5 minutes he compared Obama to Hitler and said Democrats are racist and sexist. The man is nothing but vile and venom. I guess some things never change. It was funny hearing him try to insult Obama though. He couldn't come up with anything other than the Reverend Wright controversy. That's all Rush had on him, but he latched onto it like a rabid dog. Jesus, that was so last month. Come up with a new smear already.

I would love nothing more than if a top Clinton aid, or Hillary herself were found to be addicted to pain killers. Oh Christ, Rush would implode because he couldn't rag on them 24/7. He would just have to sit there and keep his big, deaf, druggie mouth shut. It would be so awesome.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Obama is a moron may be a smooth speaker, but he is hanging himself in this election with every argument he has with Hitlery. Is he seriously trying to ensure that the religious right has a reason to show up to vote for anyone but him? Does he realize how much power and money the NRA has behind it?
STEELTON, Pa. - Democrat Barack Obama lashed out Sunday at rival Hillary Rodham Clinton, mocking her vocal support for gun rights and saying her record in the Senate and as first lady belied her stated commitment to working class voters and their concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT

"She knows better. Shame on her. Shame on her," Obama told an audience at a union hall here.

The Illinois senator has spent three days on the defensive after comments he made at a San Francisco fundraiser were disclosed that suggested working class people are bitter about their economic circumstances and "cling to guns and religion" as a result.[\b]

Obama reiterated his regret for his choice of words at the fundraiser but suggested they had been twisted and mischaracterized. He said he'd expected blowback from GOP nominee-in-waiting John McCain, but had been "a little disappointed" to be criticized by Clinton.

Then, laughing along with the union audience, Obama noted that Clinton seemed much more interested in guns since he made his comments than she had in the past.

"She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed female sharpshooter immortalized in the musical "Annie Get Your Gun."

He continued: "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday. She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better. That's some politics being played by Hillary Clinton."

Clinton has told campaign audiences that she supports the rights of hunters. Saturday, she reminisced about learning to shoot on family vacations in Scranton, where her father grew up. She's also said she once shot a duck in Arkansas, where she served as first lady.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I really don't think Obama needs much help from Rush or anyone else to make himself look like a poor choice. It seems like every day or two I'm reading another article about him defending something he said (and most of these things he had no business saying much less defending.)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

He has now shown he is useless without a tele-prompter. He can give a speech like no ones business,, but when asked real questions he's a fumbling politician like the rest of them. When you're a liar and not speaking what you truly feel it's hard to come up with the "right" answer all the time.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I disagree. When you're running for election, your oppenents purposely misinterpret everything you say and twist it into something they can use to attack you and make you look like a dumbass. Most of the 'dumb' stuff that politicians say wouldn't really get a 2nd look coming from anyone else.

This is why no one ever says what they really think, except for Pres Bush who managed to make it work.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Funk, Midnyte, Kilmoll, and people that think like them are all caught up in the politics of distraction. They seem to revel in it, which is pretty mind boggeling IMO. When politicians play thier games, it's up to the citizen to use thier brains and see through the shit slinging. The fact that a person cannot distinguish between truth and the smokescreen that political opponents create is a sure sign of basic intelligence and comprehension, or ack there of IMO. The first step that something is wrong with a candidate is when they resort to playing games to begin with. Up until this election, making a mountian out of a molehill has been primarily a Republican tactic. This is also a major reason why most good, honest people stear far away from getting involved in politics.

I think a McCain and Obama race would be pretty clear of the bullshit. There is enough difference on general principles that the smoke and mirriors wouldn't really be required. We'll have to wait and see though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Funk, Midnyte, Kilmoll, and people that think like them are all caught up in the politics of distraction. They seem to revel in it, which is pretty mind boggeling IMO. When politicians play thier games, it's up to the citizen to use thier brains and see through the shit slinging. The fact that a person cannot distinguish between truth and the smokescreen that political opponents create is a sure sign of basic intelligence and comprehension, or ack there of IMO. The first step that something is wrong with a candidate is when they resort to playing games to begin with. Up until this election, making a mountian out of a molehill has been primarily a Republican tactic. This is also a major reason why most good, honest people stear far away from getting involved in politics.

I think a McCain and Obama race would be pretty clear of the bullshit. There is enough difference on general principles that the smoke and mirriors wouldn't really be required. We'll have to wait and see though.
I think you're off base, but that's nothing new.

I think that I am less forgiving then a lot of people are. Things like Obama and his tendency to ignore the flag, or his going to a church that is (and has been for decades) run by a pastor who could be Jesse Jackson's brother are enough for me to not want to hear anything else about him. That aside I don't agree with him politically either, but like I said - the process didn't even need to go that far for me to know I wanted nothing to do with him.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

You just entirely supported what Fairweather said.

It's fine if you don't like his politics, but for it to "not need to go that far" because of the bullshit politics of distraction... that just means that you're confirming Fair's assertions.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:You just entirely supported what Fairweather said.

It's fine if you don't like his politics, but for it to "not need to go that far" because of the bullshit politics of distraction... that just means that you're confirming Fair's assertions.
Politics of distraction? Yes, those things are being used by his opponent/s to distract them from his stance on the issues that are usually focused on during the campaigns, but I think fair and you are making it sound like I'm so shallow that I'm being lead/distracted by these issues, and that is where I disagree.

I care as much/more about things like that as I do about his stance on X issue, however knowing these "distractions" (which are actually facts, and character flaws of Obama) saves me the time of having to dig through everything he says to find out that I don't like him anyhow.

In short, my attention hasn't been slyly diverted to things that don't matter - I simply heard a few things about him that were enough for me to know I don't like him as a person, therefore negating any reason I would have to hear anything else he has to say as a politician.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Jesus the Holy Trinity of "everything that's wrong with America" has decided to hijack the thread.

What a fucking surprise. :roll:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

from the sounds of it id say someone jacked off into nicks lucky charms this morning
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Do all Americans think Xenophobic bigotry is cool or is it just the fucking idiots?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Funkmasterr wrote:from the sounds of it id say someone jacked off into nicks lucky charms this morning
guess it was me
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:a woman will never be capable of being president

Now that's a troll. An alternate point of view, as disagreeable as it might be, is not. Learn the difference.
Oh come on mid, you should know as well as anyone else here to never take anything he say's seriously.

Ummm, I didn't. That's why I was able to recognize it for the troll it was.
nice job you are like a message board sherlock holmes but in a bizzaro world where sherlock holmes delivered pizzas and was a huge racist
id just like to point out that this is prolly da sickest burn ever delt in msgboard history
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bojangels wrote:I disagree. When you're running for election, your oppenents purposely misinterpret everything you say and twist it into something they can use to attack you and make you look like a dumbass. Most of the 'dumb' stuff that politicians say wouldn't really get a 2nd look coming from anyone else.

This is why no one ever says what they really think, except for Pres Bush who managed to make it work.
Watch the last debate they had in PA last week. You will see a bumbling candidate who performed awfully. He is mortal. Sorry.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Nick wrote:Do all Americans think Xenophobic bigotry is cool or is it just the fucking idiots?
Just curious, but can you see how your own attitude (as it has been displayed on VV) could be summed up as xenophobic bigotry as well?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Funk, Midnyte, Kilmoll, and people that think like them are all caught up in the politics of distraction. They seem to revel in it, which is pretty mind boggeling IMO. When politicians play thier games, it's up to the citizen to use thier brains and see through the shit slinging. The fact that a person cannot distinguish between truth and the smokescreen that political opponents create is a sure sign of basic intelligence and comprehension, or ack there of IMO. .

I think you have it backwards there pal. Obama comes off in his pre-written speeches as the second coming of Jesus and the cure-all for the US and World problems. He is even going to cure AIDS with a touch of his cocaine fingernail. The problem is that every time he speaks without a Dem staffer pulling his strings, he slips up with one of several things that really worry a lot of people. First of all, he is on record as saying he wants to be able to basically re-write the constitution....which is made akk that much easier with a Dem controlled Congress. He is also on record as saying he wants to completely outlaw gun sales in the US. This particular article that I linked pretty clearly shows what he thinks of the middle class. This guy is, in all reality, as far left wing as Bush was right wing.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Oh come on mid, you should know as well as anyone else here to never take anything he say's seriously.

nice job you are like a message board sherlock holmes but in a bizzaro world where sherlock holmes delivered pizzas and was a huge racist
id just like to point out that this is prolly da sickest burn ever delt in msgboard history
no it wasn't. it wasn't even up to your usual standards but you are still the best eq bard evar <3 to you stargi and i don't think you look like a big ugly fish

ps h8 to board politburo commie bastards for limiting our freedom of expression to 5 inbedded quotes
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Wulfran wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

no it wasn't. it wasn't even up to your usual standards but you are still the best eq bard evar <3 to you stargi and i don't think you look like a big ugly fish

ps h8 to board politburo commie bastards for limiting our freedom of expression to 5 inbedded quotes

Wtf only 5?
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Boogahz wrote:
Nick wrote:Do all Americans think Xenophobic bigotry is cool or is it just the fucking idiots?
Just curious, but can you see how your own attitude (as it has been displayed on VV) could be summed up as xenophobic bigotry as well?
Was so gonna say the same thing... But Boogie beat me too it.
Sick Balls!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

+ Noysyrump.

I can see that my attitude on this board could be viewed as xenophobic bigotry, if you were a total and utter fucking imbecile who couldn't tell the difference between being anti-war/anti-"we are kings of the world ultra-patriotic (bordering on fascism half the bloody time) pomposity" and actual bigotry.

Maybe that's how your missing the point (although it may just be your love of playing devils advocate over ever having a point of your own to make).
Last edited by Nick on April 24, 2008, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:
+ Noysyrump.

I can see that my attitude on this board could be viewed as xenophobic bigotry, if you were a total and utter fucking imbecile who couldn't tell the difference between being anti-war/anti-"we are kings of the world retard pomposity" and actual bigotry.

Maybe that's how your missing the point (although it may just be your love of playing devils advocate over ever having a point of your own to make).
i feel sorry for your mother
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't forget Nick's in college right now so he's learning all these new big words.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Funk, Midnyte, Kilmoll, and people that think like them are all caught up in the politics of distraction. They seem to revel in it, which is pretty mind boggeling IMO. When politicians play thier games, it's up to the citizen to use thier brains and see through the shit slinging. The fact that a person cannot distinguish between truth and the smokescreen that political opponents create is a sure sign of basic intelligence and comprehension, or ack there of IMO. The first step that something is wrong with a candidate is when they resort to playing games to begin with. Up until this election, making a mountian out of a molehill has been primarily a Republican tactic. This is also a major reason why most good, honest people stear far away from getting involved in politics.

Now what really amazes me, is the fact that I see this as the complete opposite. I see you dems as the ones using and falling for the distractions, when 'most' republicans come off as logical and too the point. What I see from democrats is a bunch of indoctrinated sheeple following orders, and we opened eyed conservatives are actually trying real hard to open yours.

Guess that's why there will always be a 'left' and 'right' fighting to control things. We just think differently.

Just to add. The reverand Wright is not a distraction in my mind. It's an insight into what Obama feels/believes/ wants/thinks. And to think that we could possibly give the controls to someone who thinks along the lines of "kill whitey" isn't a good idea, in my opinion.
Last edited by Noysyrump on April 24, 2008, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sick Balls!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well, if I'm getting shit from Winnow and Funkmaster, then I must be doing something right.

What was the word that caught you out Winnow, was it "the" or some other monosyllabic sounding grunt that didn't involve sports or crying like a fucking idiot about Xboxs?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:Well, if I'm getting shit from Winnow and Funkmaster, then I must be doing something right.

What was the word that caught you out Winnow, was it "the" or some other monosyllabic sounding grunt that didn't involve sports or crying like a fucking idiot about Xboxs?
your doing a fantastic job of being a close minded douchebag, and id like to be the first to congratulate you! do you maybe havea profesor i can write a letter of commendation to?
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Nick wrote:Well, if I'm getting shit from Winnow and Funkmaster, then I must be doing something right.

I absolutely possitivly cannot understand why anyone could talk smack about Winnow. Winnow seems to be the most nuetral player in this game.

So with that said. It's seems nick is just beeing nick for the sake of beeing nick.
Sick Balls!