Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

I Am Legend

Post by Funkmasterr »

Another movie coming out soon that I think could be really good, hopefully it doesn't disappoint - although I generally like Will Smith.

Official site/Trailer
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Re: I Am Legend

Post by Sylvus »

Perhaps you should have titled it "I Am Unaware of Existing Threads".
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:Perhaps you should have titled it "I Am Unaware of Existing Threads".
Yeah, I don't look past the first page in this forum to check if something has already been made. Way to be a fucking dickhead about it though, go you! delete the thread then.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Sylvus was just being clever. You're the fucking dickhead on this thread.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keverian FireCry wrote:Sylvus was just being clever. You're the fucking dickhead on this thread.
Clever? it's obnoxious, just like aslanna pointing out one in every three threads should be posted in a different forum. It was clever and kinda funny the first few times people did either, but that was years ago.

Not to mention that keeping in mind the amount of shit I get almost every time I post, and being sylvus is one of the major contributors, there is no room for being clever or kidding. It's one or the other at this point.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Don't bother arguing with these guys. Everyone knows the rule that you have to look through the first page, if it isn't on the first page then you can make a new topic. He's just being an asshole. Nothing new.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I generally search a topic to see if something I want to post has been posted before, or if it was discussed in another thread.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Don't bother arguing with these guys. Everyone knows the rule that you have to look through the first page, if it isn't on the first page then you can make a new topic. He's just being an asshole. Nothing new.
There's no such rule. You're the ones being assholes.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Don't bother arguing with these guys. Everyone knows the rule that you have to look through the first page, if it isn't on the first page then you can make a new topic. He's just being an asshole. Nothing new.
Wrong. That has always been the rule.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
noel wrote:
I've never seen that rule. This is the first time I remember seeing a reference to a rule like that.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 206&hilit=

Just one example. If more people would chime in, they could attest to this. Then again it is me making this claim, so it might be difficult for me to get any support, haha.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:
How?

Sylvus has no place making any joking/clever comments to or about me as I stated above. He has been an asshole to me on countless occasions, and as far as I am concerned once someone is in that category with me either they are an asshole and we don't get along, or they decide to stop being a dick ENTIRELY and we can get along.

Keeping that in mind, I had every right to act defensively to his response. If someone rarely ever posts in the same thread as me without saying something about me being a retard or whatever else, should I really take the time to try and distinguish if they are trying to be a prick, or are just taking a jab at me when something like this happens? The answer, of course, is no.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Negative. A non-asshole (See: Not YOU or Midnyte) would have responded to Sylvus in the following way:
I didn't see that, thanks!

Instead, an asshole (See: YOU or Midnyte) who is overly-defensive and generally mentally handicapped for any activity requiring even a modicum of intelligence throws a typically overly-defensive temper tantrum.

Said temper-tantrum is witnessed by the resident troll who instantly comes to your defense.

Lets all pour out our 40s as we remember Cartalas who surely would have come to your defense as well.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:Negative. A non-asshole (See: Not YOU or Midnyte) would have responded to Sylvus in the following way:
I didn't see that, thanks!

Instead, an asshole (See: YOU or Midnyte) who is overly-defensive and generally mentally handicapped for any activity requiring even a modicum of intelligence throws a typically overly-defensive temper tantrum.

Said temper-tantrum is witnessed by the resident troll who instantly comes to your defense.

Lets all pour out our 40s as we remember Cartalas who surely would have come to your defense as well.

Not negative dude, this is not a matter of opinion. You are ignoring the obvious truth because you don't like me.

Let me make this as simple as possible.

Sylvus is an asshole to me almost every time he says so much as a word directed at me.

Until this comes to an abrupt halt (ie: never) - I am going to assume everything that can be taken as an insult from him, is one, and I will respond accordingly.

Why would I thank someone for saying something I take as another insult in a long string of insults from that person?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Clever? it's obnoxious, just like aslanna pointing out one in every three threads should be posted in a different forum.
Apparently you have me confused with someone else. I did that once or twice lately and that was sarcastically to poke fun at Midnytes retarded spammage of that exact same thing.

Happy to clarify. I accept your apology. Fuckface.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Clever? it's obnoxious, just like aslanna pointing out one in every three threads should be posted in a different forum.
Apparently you have me confused with someone else. I did that once or twice lately and that was sarcastically to poke fun at Midnytes retarded spammage of that exact same thing.

Happy to clarify. I accept your apology. Fuckface.
I was pretty sure I recalled you doing that in the past as well, and I was also pretty sure that midnyte was doing that in response to someone else, which I thought was you.

If I was wrong, I apologize. Bitch.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

You've already ruined the Current Events forum, please don't ruin this one too!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Funkmasterr wrote:You are ignoring the obvious truth because you don't like me.
I really don't spend that much time thinking about you to like or dislike you.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This thread is much more entertaining that the other one. Can the other one be canned instead?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

If Midnyte or Funkmasterr learn how to read, and are interested in reading the book I Am Legend, there's a thread about it in the books forum. It's at least a third of the way down the page, if not more, so I didn't want you guys to miss out on it.

Not sure if there are any pictures in I Am Legend, so it may not be your style.

Go Blue!
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
noel wrote:
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I was pretty sure I recalled you doing that in the past as well, and I was also pretty sure that midnyte was doing that in response to someone else, which I thought was you.

You were wrong. Nothing new there. But feel free to go through all my posts and point out otherwise. If you can prove "one in every three threads" I'd be happy to ask Sylvus to ban me. Shit, I'll go so far as to say one in every 100 threads". (Hint: that will come out to over 51 times of me saying "This should really be in forum X...")

My schtick is usally what Sylvus did.. Posting a link to an existing thread when a new one about the same thing is started. Usually in this forum. However, if that bothers you all I can say to that is 'great'.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Spang wrote:You've already ruined the Current Events forum, please don't ruin this one too!
Amen.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

I am Legend

Post by Abelard »

n/t
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I am Legend

Post by noel »

:lol:

Edit: Not sure what happened, but before there was a smiley face here, this post originally said:

Are you on some odd quest to become a retard like the other two idiots?

Edit2: Now that I know who the two moderators are in this forum, I have a pretty good idea about how my post got edited.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I was pretty sure I recalled you doing that in the past as well, and I was also pretty sure that midnyte was doing that in response to someone else, which I thought was you.

You were wrong. Nothing new there. But feel free to go through all my posts and point out otherwise. If you can prove "one in every three threads" I'd be happy to ask Sylvus to ban me. Shit, I'll go so far as to say one in every 100 threads". (Hint: that will come out to over 51 times of me saying "This should really be in forum X...")

My schtick is usally what Sylvus did.. Posting a link to an existing thread when a new one about the same thing is started. Usually in this forum. However, if that bothers you all I can say to that is 'great'.
Zing!
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Stupid. Pointless. Bickering.

This movie looks like it might be worth checking out. Haven't read the book, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't follow it very closely. I am not a big Will Smith fan, but I will reserve judgement!
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sartori wrote:Stupid. Pointless. Bickering.

This movie looks like it might be worth checking out. Haven't read the book, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't follow it very closely. I am not a big Will Smith fan, but I will reserve judgement!
Get it right Sartori! This is the thread for the bickering, THIS is the thread for the movie! :P
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Looks like a cool movie with some "vampire-action".
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Looks like a cool movie with some "vampire-action".
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

noel wrote::lol:

Edit: Not sure what happened, but before there was a smiley face here, this post originally said:

Are you on some odd quest to become a retard like the other two idiots?

Edit2: Now that I know who the two moderators are in this forum, I have a pretty good idea about how my post got edited.
sad, isn't it?
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

How is it sad?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Abelard wrote:is it sad?
Yes, it is sad
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Boogahz wrote:
Yes, it is sad
Sad?
en kærlighed småkager
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

i h8 u all
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Canelek wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Yes, it is sad
Sad?
:sad:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Boogahz wrote:
Canelek wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Yes, it is sad
Sad?
:sad:

damn :(
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Here's a synopsis of this thread:

Prior to the thread, Funkmasterr posted an 'I Am Legend' thread without searching for whether or not one exists. Sylvus teases him about it and makes the point that another thread already exists on the topic. Predictably Funkmasterr throws a temper tantrum and gets flamed by myself and others. Also prior to this thread, Abelard got his feathers ruffled by me on the 'Classic EQ' thread in general. Prior to that I can't remember ever having any interaction with him.

Then, Abelard one of the moderators of the Movies forum makes a third 'I Am Legend' post with the content being only 'n/t'. I notice this, and flame him by asking him if he's now trying to join the retard group present on this forum. He then edits my post to be just a LOL smiley -> :lol:

I notice the edit, notice that he's a moderator of the forum, and re-edit my post to nearly the original content, pointing out that my post had been edited without my knowledge or permission, and really for no good reason. I also PM Sylvus regarding the fact that my post was edited and though I can't be certain I feel strongly that it was Abelard. Given that this forum (VV) was basically founded because of IGN nazi mods editing our posts and that the #1 rule for moderators on this forum is to never edit anyone's post unless it contains something truly horrible, personal information, something NWS or possibly a spoiler. Several people have been removed as moderators for editing posts and we've all been warned several times not to do it.

I was understandably pissed off. I flamed him because he was essentially being a troll in a forum he was supposed to moderating. He was looking for a means to get back at me he decided to edit my post. I've confirmed through PMs that he did in fact edit my post. He's unwilling to apologize for doing so, but at least he's promised (me) that he won't do it again for whatever that's worth.

His justification is that I flamed him and that was inappropriate so it gave him the right to edit a post.

In closing, the two things that I think are sad is that this thread was started in the first place and that a user's (any user's, the fact that it was mine is irrelevant) post was edited for no good reason.
Kilap
No Stars!

Post by Kilap »

Relax, it's a messageboard.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'm assuming that was directed at Abelard?

Or did all the CAPS and profanity in my synopsis post make you think I was upset?
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

This post was made to make a point about how ridiculous it is to troll someone because they didn't check back a page or two. Certain people on the forum act like they've been victimized about that extra milimeter of room a post takes up. I would hardly call the funk thread gentle teasing.

Yes, I edited your original reply. Yes, I broke a rule of moderating. Finally yes, my feathers were ruffled because you went way over the top in the EQ thread. Even more so as the majority of people admitted that they would rather it be in gen discussion. I'm so very vengeful that I edited your other wise pointless post by putting a smiley face in its place.

Otherwise, I agree with your 60's batmanesque submission of events.
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

What was wrong with starting a new thread if the previous thread is not on the first page? Esp in this forum that would mean the previous conversation is over a month or two old. I would personally rather someone just start a new thread, and a new conversation then having to read through post a few months old before I get to whatever new material has been added about the subject.

Why can't we find some mods that use common sense instead of this dickery?
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sumdaor wrote:What was wrong with starting a new thread if the previous thread is not on the first page? Esp in this forum that would mean the previous conversation is over a month or two old. I would personally rather someone just start a new thread, and a new conversation then having to read through post a few months old before I get to whatever new material has been added about the subject.
Because having 5 different threads about the same thing is stupid. Who cares how old the conversation is? Having it all in one thread makes it easier on everyone who may be interested in that particular subject without having to go do a search and read all 5 threads. Common sense really.

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I blame Will Smith tbh :lol:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

noel wrote:Here's a synopsis of this thread:

Prior to the thread, Funkmasterr posted an 'I Am Legend' thread without searching for whether or not one exists. Sylvus teases him about it and makes the point that another thread already exists on the topic. Predictably Funkmasterr throws a temper tantrum and gets flamed by myself and others. Also prior to this thread, Abelard got his feathers ruffled by me on the 'Classic EQ' thread in general. Prior to that I can't remember ever having any interaction with him.

Then, Abelard one of the moderators of the Movies forum makes a third 'I Am Legend' post with the content being only 'n/t'. I notice this, and flame him by asking him if he's now trying to join the retard group present on this forum. He then edits my post to be just a LOL smiley -> :lol:

I notice the edit, notice that he's a moderator of the forum, and re-edit my post to nearly the original content, pointing out that my post had been edited without my knowledge or permission, and really for no good reason. I also PM Sylvus regarding the fact that my post was edited and though I can't be certain I feel strongly that it was Abelard. Given that this forum (VV) was basically founded because of IGN nazi mods editing our posts and that the #1 rule for moderators on this forum is to never edit anyone's post unless it contains something truly horrible, personal information, something NWS or possibly a spoiler. Several people have been removed as moderators for editing posts and we've all been warned several times not to do it.

I was understandably pissed off. I flamed him because he was essentially being a troll in a forum he was supposed to moderating. He was looking for a means to get back at me he decided to edit my post. I've confirmed through PMs that he did in fact edit my post. He's unwilling to apologize for doing so, but at least he's promised (me) that he won't do it again for whatever that's worth.

His justification is that I flamed him and that was inappropriate so it gave him the right to edit a post.

In closing, the two things that I think are sad is that this thread was started in the first place and that a user's (any user's, the fact that it was mine is irrelevant) post was edited for no good reason.
You make a bullshit response in a bullshit thread and it gets edited? Cry me a fucking river!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Spang wrote:You make a bullshit response in a bullshit thread and it gets edited? Cry me a fucking river!
If I edited one of your posts in the video games forum, what would your reaction be? You'd be calling for my fucking head.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

If it's not on the first page then it's old news and I am not going digging for it. I support the opening of a new thread and the removal of sand from vaginas.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Sumdaor wrote:Why can't we find some mods that use common sense instead of this dickery?
What mods did anything with any "dickery"? I specifically remembered a thread about this movie, and I linked it and made a joke to Funkmasterr, which he couldn't take and got his panties in a bunch. I didn't punish him, I didn't delete his thread, I didn't even merge it. I just pointed it out to him. The same thing that I do whenever I notice that someone has posted a thread that has already been posted. I don't search for them or anything, I just open a thread, think "oh hey, people were already talking about this" and refer the new poster to the old post.

I guess the point I should more explicitly make to people is the following: if you're posting something that is very mainstream, consider taking a look for an existing thread about it. Very mainstream includes an email forward to a youtube clip that you got from Sally the receptionist to a video that has 4,000,000 pageviews. An announcement about the latest Harry Potter book. A fucking Will Smith movie about zombies.

If you've been reading this forum for more than 6 months, and it never occurs to you that a big-budget Hollywood movie that stars one of the most bankable action-movie stars in the world and is about fucking zombies would have been talked about pretty much when the initial teaser trailer came out, or during the press releases about the movie, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm pretty sure that 28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil III, which are sequels to zombie movies, have been pretty active topics recently.

No mods (besides Abelard. Please don't do that again, Abelard.) did anything, other than suggest people not make multiple threads about the same topic. You're welcome to do so, it just seems a little counterproductive and it's quite common that in every forum we have here, whenever anyone does that, someone points it out to them.

Go Blue!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I merged the two threads that didn't have anything to do with the movie, and were more about bitching.

Feel free to talk about what an asshole I am in this thread. Use Moonwynd's thread to talk about movies, I am Legend specifically.

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I heard that Sylvus sucks a mean dickery.