Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Arnold tells ABC reporter she's "looking for a mistake"

Post by Fash »

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whit ... e-coverage
By Scott Whitlock | October 24, 2007 - 12:42 ET

Reporter Claire Shipman did her level best to get California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to say the efforts to combat the state's wild fires were going poorly. Shipman interviewed the governor on Wednesday's "Good Morning America" and wondered about "the comparison to Katrina that everybody's making in the back of their mind..." At one point, Governor Schwarzenegger cut off Shipman's pleas for negative assessments of the effort by grabbing her arm. He bluntly scolded, "Trust me when I tell you, you're looking for a mistake and you won't find it because it's all good news, as much as you maybe hate it, but it's good news."

Video (1:21): Real (2.21 MB) and Windows (2.51 MB), or MP3 audio (632 kB).

Earlier, the ABC correspondent attempted to deflate Schwarzenegger's sunny optimism by mentioning unnamed officials in Orange County who asserted the state doesn't have enough resources, including firefighting aircraft. The former actor simply wouldn't go along with this premise of victimization. He firmly retorted, "Anyone that is complaining about the planes, just wants to complain because it's a bunch of nonsense." Schwarzenegger then proceeded to point out that the state has 90 planes and only wind has hampered their use.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Arnold tells ABC reporter she's "looking for a mistake"

Post by Abelard »

I fucking love Arnold.

I wish he was PM of Canada!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I just love how the article claims he grabbed her arm and the reporter says "He even applied a heavy weight grip". All he did was grab her hand for crying out loud!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I'm loving this guy more and more.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Yeah that made my day. The part she also did not mention, is that government officials are to blame. Los Angeles County has it's own equipment and Orange and San Diego counties (the cities actually) voted against it, saying that it was too expensive to own and maintain. A local radio show had a government official from Orange County and he was getting crucified on the air.

The media is trying to compare this with Katrina, they even started saying it could be Al Queda and when Arnold told her she was looking for something not there, you could see her go immediately on the defensive.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon