"I want more babies. More babies. We love babies"

What do you think about the world?
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

"I want more babies. More babies. We love babies"

Post by Akanae »

Crazy woman having a freak out attack on Fox News over a new birth control pill that eliminates the monthly period.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/24/bir ... rol-unruh/
On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration “approved the first birth control pill that eliminates a woman’s monthly period.”

Yesterday on Fox News’s Your World With Neil Cavuto, Leslee Unruh, president of the National Abstinence Clearinghouse, argued that this pill a “pesticide” that will make women “like men.” She called it an “attack on children and families,” ending the segment with shouts of, “I want more babies. More babies. We love babies.”
I think it's a pretty exciting idea, I personally get incapacitating pain for 1-2 days every month due to my period, so for people like me this could be really wonderful. But I would be curious about any side effects. Are any rational women actually upset about something that eliminates periods?
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: "I want more babies. More babies. We love babies&qu

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Akanae wrote:Crazy woman having a freak out attack on Fox News over a new birth control pill that eliminates the monthly period.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/24/bir ... rol-unruh/
On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration “approved the first birth control pill that eliminates a woman’s monthly period.”

Yesterday on Fox News’s Your World With Neil Cavuto, Leslee Unruh, president of the National Abstinence Clearinghouse, argued that this pill a “pesticide” that will make women “like men.” She called it an “attack on children and families,” ending the segment with shouts of, “I want more babies. More babies. We love babies.”
I think it's a pretty exciting idea, I personally get incapacitating pain for 1-2 days every month due to my period, so for people like me this could be really wonderful. But I would be curious about any side effects. Are any rational women actually upset about something that eliminates periods?
1. I didn't know you were a woman.

2. There are lots of different treatments for painful periods, ranging from a simple prescription to surgical measures.

If a woman doesn't want her period, good for them. I sure as hell wouldn't want one. I think the real problem will be forcing this on underage teens that will do it just to do it, not for any sort of medical reason and before they even know what the whole menstration thing is all about.

The first time I got to do anal was because my GF was on her period, and I went on to recieve lots of blowjobs throughout my dating years for the same reason. I owe a huge thanks to menstration, so I would be sad to see it go away completely :cry:
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

...yeah... BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That was a funny clip.
That blonde woman is right fucking insane.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Re: "I want more babies. More babies. We love babies&am

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Fairweather Pure wrote: The first time I got to do anal was because my GF was on her period...

She gave you her smelly asshole as a step up from her bloody cunt? Hmmm, I'd opt for a blow job or a handy instead.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

More of an insight into midnyte's sexual history than fairweather's I would imagine.

I was one of the people who tested (I actually typed beta tested just now) Seasonale when it was in the final FDA and CDA approval process. When I used it, it was actually set to completely eliminate a woman's menstrual cycle, but they found later that it had unintended effects in a small number of women. They either changed the dosage or messed with the medication so now Seasonale gives 4 cycles a year instead of 12. Still not bad.. I swore by it because I fucking hate my period and it was nice to not have to worry about it.

Apparently this product removes the menstrual cycle completely and safely so I will be all over this goddam shit like sylvus on cake.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm sure it's a good thing for a great deal of women, but what about using the period as a gauge for pregnancy? Won't this cause a great many of women anxiety about whether or not they may be pregnant in a given week?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:She gave you her smelly asshole as a step up from her bloody cunt? Hmmm, I'd opt for a blow job or a handy instead.
You are a fucking stupid sexually repressed shithead. Fuck off.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Kaldaur wrote:I'm sure it's a good thing for a great deal of women, but what about using the period as a gauge for pregnancy? Won't this cause a great many of women anxiety about whether or not they may be pregnant in a given week?
dude.

it's a birth control pill.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Nick wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:She gave you her smelly asshole as a step up from her bloody cunt? Hmmm, I'd opt for a blow job or a handy instead.
You are a fucking stupid sexually repressed shithead. Fuck off.
ROFL

You curse at me and call me sexually repressed because I prefer a BJ or a handy to a shitty asshole? Wow.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah wow being a needlessly disgusting obnoxious repressed prick is totally cool and worthy of respect.

Wanker.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:When I used it, it was actually set to completely eliminate a woman's menstrual cycle, but they found later that it had unintended effects in a small number of women.
It's clear to me that the unintended effect was permanent PMS.

A female's period is the grossest thing in nature. It had to be just plain nasty before disposable sanitary products. I'm all for finding a way to grow babies in test tubes and fixing all women. Who's with me?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I know it's a birth control pill, but it's not one hundred percent effective. 99% is not 100%, and I would assume that some women would want their period present, if not because it's warm and fuzzy then because it's the last indication that a woman could be pregnant despite being on the pill.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

"Comedy" is what happens when someone combines political zealotry and batshit lunacy with a live microphone.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Kaldaur wrote:I know it's a birth control pill, but it's not one hundred percent effective. 99% is not 100%, and I would assume that some women would want their period present, if not because it's warm and fuzzy then because it's the last indication that a woman could be pregnant despite being on the pill.
Then those people can continue to take one of the current crop of birth control pills with which a woman still has her monthly period.
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

You don't need your period to know that you are at an early stage of pregnancy - it is the earliest indicator, but you feel very different in the second and third months of pregnancy or at least I did.

I didn't think about the effects of this on pre-menstrual girls - perhaps some sort of age limit would be appropriate. Although I doubt misuse of something like this would ever be widespread.

And Midnyte I feel sorry for you being so sexually repressed, did you have to go get a BJ after reading this thread to get the dirty off?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Kaldaur wrote:I know it's a birth control pill, but it's not one hundred percent effective. 99% is not 100%, and I would assume that some women would want their period present, if not because it's warm and fuzzy then because it's the last indication that a woman could be pregnant despite being on the pill.
I had a long reply typed out but firefox crashed so you get the truncated version.

final tests showed Lybrel to have a 99.7% effective rate (old pill was around 80-92%). A woman is not going to get pregnant using this very often even if it is the only form of protection she uses. And if she does get pregnant it is probably going to be ectopic in which case she should think about aborting anyway.

but for any girl serious about not getting knocked up, birth control pill should only be one line of defense. you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do getting pregnant if you combine the pill with condoms, as long as you're taking it properly.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:It's clear to me that the unintended effect was permanent PMS.
you'd be surprised how nice I can be to people who don't disgust me to the point of making me physically nauseous.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

The only thing I'd be concerned about with this is long-term effect from this thing.

Seems to me that supressing something that your body is supposed to do every month naturally might be a dangerous thing. I would understand why people would want to use this however, my wife does get a day or two of pain a month because of her's as well.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Akanae wrote:You don't need your period to know that you are at an early stage of pregnancy - it is the earliest indicator, but you feel very different in the second and third months of pregnancy or at least I did.

I didn't think about the effects of this on pre-menstrual girls - perhaps some sort of age limit would be appropriate. Although I doubt misuse of something like this would ever be widespread.

And Midnyte I feel sorry for you being so sexually repressed, did you have to go get a BJ after reading this thread to get the dirty off?
Wait... you are a girl?
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Okay, forgive me for my rudimentary understanding of the female reproductive system, but it's been a while since I took health class. What causes menopause exactly, is it when a woman runs out of eggs? I know that the ladies have a finite number.

Would this pill effectively push back the onset of menopause or increase the age to which a woman is fertile? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
kyoukan wrote:I will be all over this goddam shit like sylvus on cake.
i don't even like cake :( so mean
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Animalor wrote:The only thing I'd be concerned about with this is long-term effect from this thing.

Seems to me that supressing something that your body is supposed to do every month naturally might be a dangerous thing. I would understand why people would want to use this however, my wife does get a day or two of pain a month because of her's as well.
A perfectly good concern to have, but I would guess that is what the whole testing phase was about.

Besides, such birth control already exists, it's just not over the counter. An old friend of mine would get a shot once a year (think she called it "Depo"), and never experienced a period since then, except when she was late getting it.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Ok, thank you Kyo, I didn't know the exact percentages. And I agree that multiple forms of birth control are better than one. However, in today's society, I am worried about girls who would just pop a pill and go get laid. Our sex education system is an abomination, and many kids operate off falsehoods and preconceived notions they get from uneducated sources. Since we don't have the classes necessary, I'm just leery about something that would eliminate a warning sign for young girls who would be on this pill.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kaldaur wrote:I am worried about girls who would just pop a pill and go get laid.

That's the same fear that conservatives had back when the pill was first introduced in what, the 50's? So what if a girl just uses it to get laid? The reasons as to why young women have sex to begin with is already frought with complexities and social stigmas. The pill does nothing more than empower a woman and take one more risk off the table, perhaps the biggest risk of them all, which is getting pregnant. The pill was a major part of the sexual revolution, and I think the world is a better place because of it. If anything, more young women should be on the pill to stop the tidal wave of teen and unwanted pregnancies.

It's just odd to see that same concern from anyone 50 years later.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I read Kaldaur's post as a concern as far as STDs were concerned, not the proliferation of sexual activity in general.

There are worse sideeffects to unprotected / partially protected sex than unwanted pregnancy.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Yeah, i would be more worried about females getting STDs due to thinking this pill will make all the problems go away, ESPECIALLY due to the less than usefull sexual education in the US.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lets separate a few things here. There are really only three primary reasons when sex should be considered a bad thing:

1. unwanted pregnancy
2. unprotected sex (unfortunately due to STDs)
3. non consensual sex

The "slut" moniker for women who sleep around is nothing more than another outdated religious leftover bogus sin.

Here's my concern and why I think women get the raw end of the deal between males and females. Some medical nerds can correct me here if I'm wrong, but with men, it's definitely not a good thing to abstain from having sex/ejaculating, be it with another person, your hand, or a mayonnaise filled sock for those in prison.

Full article:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4861
Leitzmann and Giles both agree that there are biologically plausible ways that ejaculating frequently might prevent prostate cancer.

"Increased ejaculation may allow the prostate gland to clear itself of carcinogens or of materials that form a substrate for the development of carcinogens," Giles told New Scientist.

Another theory is that frequent drainage of prostate fluid stops tiny crystalloid microcalcifications - which have been associated with prostate cancer - from forming in the prostate duct, says Leitzmann.

Giles notes that neither study examines ejaculation during the teenage years - which may be a crucial factor. But he says: "Although much more research remains to be done, the take home message is that ejaculation is not harmful, and very probably protective of prostatic health - and it feels good!"
I think there's cause for concern anytime you stop a naturally occurring biological function. With all of these new methods of birth control for women, I'm wondering how the studies will eventually turn out on the their long term effects and the resulting lifespans for women who use/used them.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Sylvus wrote:Okay, forgive me for my rudimentary understanding of the female reproductive system, but it's been a while since I took health class. What causes menopause exactly, is it when a woman runs out of eggs? I know that the ladies have a finite number.

Would this pill effectively push back the onset of menopause or increase the age to which a woman is fertile? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
kyoukan wrote:I will be all over this goddam shit like sylvus on cake.
i don't even like cake :( so mean
Menopause occurs at some point after the ovaries stop producing estrogen and the reproductive cycle that leads to menstration stops; this lack of estrogen is the root cause of the hormonal "imbalance" that makes menopause difficult for many women.

This process has nothing to do with the number of eggs in a woman's ovaries (which is set in the womb) and exceed 300,000 at a woman's birth. Using some rough numbers, we can assume that a woman will release one egg every 28 days (13 times a year) for 40 years, or approximately 520 eggs during their lives.

Modern birth-control pills work based using estrogen and progestin and combine several effective forms of contraception: they prevent ovulation in most months, they thicken the lining of the uterus to prevent implantation by a fertilized egg, and they thicken the mucus surrounding the cervix making it more difficult for sperm to penetrate.

And who doesn't like cake? No question that pie > cake, but not liking cake at all is just crazy talk.
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

Pherr the Dorf wrote:
Akanae wrote:You don't need your period to know that you are at an early stage of pregnancy - it is the earliest indicator, but you feel very different in the second and third months of pregnancy or at least I did.

Wait... you are a girl?
no I'm a woman :P /slap Pher
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This is barely on topic:

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto ... 00009.html
Crying Over Spilled Semen

Why women who don't use condoms feel happier.

By:Tiffany Kary

The finding that women who do not use condoms during sex are less depressed and less likely to attempt suicide than are women who have sex with condoms and women who are not sexually active, leads one researcher to conclude that semen contains powerful-and potentially addictive-mood-altering chemicals.

Study author Gordon G. Gallup, Ph.D., a psychologist at the State University of New York in Albany, also found that women who routinely had intercourse without condoms became increasingly depressed as more time elapsed since their last sexual encounter. There was no such correlation for women whose partners regularly used condoms.

Gallup's survey of 293 college women also found that those who did not use condoms were most likely to initiate sex and to seek out new partners as soon as a relationship ended. "These women are more vulnerable to the rebound effect, which suggests that there is a chemical dependency," says Gallup.

Semen contains hormones including testosterone, estrogen, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and prostaglandins, and some of these are absorbed through the walls of the vagina and are known to elevate mood.

Gallup controlled for variables including method of contraception, frequency of sexual intercourse, as well as the women's perception of their relationship. He concedes that women who regularly have sex without condoms might share personality traits that make them less susceptible to depression. But the behavior most often associated with non-condom users is sexual risk-taking, and studies have found no correlation between high-risk sexual behavior and lower rates of depression.

Gallup's study, which he deems "the first serious attempt to investigate the effect of semen chemistry on women," titillated the public and rankled some academics upon publication in Archives of Sexual Behavior. Gallup says he has since replicated the findings with a sample of 700 women and will examine whether "semen withdrawal" places women at an increased risk for depression when they are premenstrual, menopausal or have just given birth, as many women abstain from sex during these periods.
So, swallow to avoid depression and keep swallowing to avoid "semen withdrawel".

Some other person writes:
Actually, semen contains E and F-type prostaglandins, which are addictive neuromodulators (makes you happy). On top of that, orgasm releases Opiates (natural form of opium), oxytocin, serotonin and several endorphins in the brain, the same chemicals released when you shoot up heroine, so of course sex is chemically addictive!

The average load of Semen also contains 3,000 mg of the amino acid L-arginine, as well as 130 grams of protein.
Seems like an appropriate spot to link Liz Phair's HWC song:

Liz Phair - HWC MP3 (a little NWS!)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:There are worse sideeffects to unprotected / partially protected sex than unwanted pregnancy.
When you have an unwanted pregnancy, you're side effect just became a lot bigger than your own. I would rank accidental pregnancy as the biggest problem from unprotected, hetro sex in the US.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

are you joking? you put unwanted pregnancy over HIV or other serious/fatal STD's? what in the world?
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Akanae wrote:
Pherr the Dorf wrote:

Wait... you are a girl?
no I'm a woman :P /slap Pher
:p I was hitting on you long before I met you on EQ
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:There are worse sideeffects to unprotected / partially protected sex than unwanted pregnancy.
When you have an unwanted pregnancy, you're side effect just became a lot bigger than your own. I would rank accidental pregnancy as the biggest problem from unprotected, hetro sex in the US.
I'd consider any of the more severe, easily transmitted STDs (HIV, Herpes, et al) to be far worse consequences than an unintended pregnancy. Unwanted pregnancies can be cured, but you can't (currently) cure the multiple individuals that can be exposed to HIV this way.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
iandaina
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by iandaina »

You have to think too, women used to practically stay perma pregnant, so actually, women today are having more cycles than women in say the 1800's, due to the reduced number of pregnancies. I was on the patch for almost 2 years non stop, and so far have had no known side effects.

There are benefits to supressing the normal cycle of hormones, one big one is the pain associated with cycles. I was a miserable person until my last surgery and the patches after.

That's just my 2 cents worth, and if this makes no sense, bite me, I've been celebrating graduation and state boards by having a drunken daina night! :D
Insert witty line here~
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Women are actually built to be more or less permanently pregnant from maturity, that is the way nature intended it apparently, so I don't think not having the period should be a problem at all.

I personally am interested in the side effects long term, I know my girlfriend would like not having her period, so it seems very interesting
Fortune favors the brave!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

130 grams of protein in a load of nut? Thats one huge load if the protein in it alone makes up 130 grams...thats more than a few pounds of beef.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

you have to understand that winnow's only frame of reference are japanese hentai comics and anime bukkake dvd's he downloads off alt.porn.japan.so.very.lonely
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That newsgroup doesn't exist!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Yes Fair, my concern was not that sex is happening more. My main concern with the lack of education is that girls will pop a pill and assume they're safe. From pregnancy, yes; not from STDs.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

no contraceptive is safe from the uneducated. I remember when I first got my prescription to The Pill, my doctor never even mentioned failure rates or using it in combination with something else. she just scratched it out on a pad and said 'here ya go.'

It is a miracle I didn't get pregnant the amount of sex I had only using the pill for protection.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: "I want more babies. More babies. We love babies"

Post by masteen »

I used to cringe a little when I'd reach for a rubber and the girl would give me the "Oh you don't have to use one of those, I'm on the pill/depo/whatever."
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Nali
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nali »

No periods? Sign me up!

I, too, would worry about the long term effects,though. Quite a few birth contraceptives have been shown to increase the risk of cancer and other complications.

The woman in the video is one crazy bitch... how would taking a birth control pill make women like men? Women like her piss me off. They "celebrate" being women, yet they deem that all women are alike and must have BABIES :roll: . Does anyone have any information on this woman ( is she a religious nut)? National Abstinence Clearinghouse? I`ll take sex.

Edit: Heh- one line that really irked me was when Unruh said "Planned Parenthood and NARAL have been out there trying to control women for many years." Both of these organizations advocate choice(Pro-choice). It is Anti-Abortion organizations that believe women shouldn't have control over our bodies.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re:

Post by Siji »

kyoukan wrote:It is a miracle I didn't get pregnant the amount of sex I had only using the pill for protection.
Corn on the cob can't make you pregnant..
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Re:

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Siji wrote:Corn on the cob can't make you pregnant..
This "on the cob" shit must cease immediately. It's just corn, goddamnit.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Re:

Post by Fash »

I'm sure she'll say she's educated now, but I thought this was funny without any additional punchline:
kyoukan wrote:no contraceptive is safe from the uneducated.
It is a miracle I didn't get pregnant the amount of sex I had only using the pill for protection.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Drinsic Darkwood wrote:
Who the fuck masturbates with creamed corn? That's AFTER!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Drinsic Darkwood wrote:
No sir, you are wrong. There is a difference!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Drinsic Darkwood wrote:
No sir, you are wrong. There is a difference!
Yeah, either it is ON the cob or it isn't.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

You misinterpret my meaning. Allow me to quote a man greater than myself:
You know they call corn-on-the-cob, "corn-on-the-cob", but that's how it comes out of the ground. They should just call it corn, and every other type of corn, corn-off-the-cob. It's not like if someone cut off my arm they would call it "Mitch", and then re-attached it, and call it "Mitch-all-together".
Do unto others what has been done to you.