Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Streaming TV/Movies and more

Post by Mawafu »

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Free movies like 300, Hot Fuzz and Spider-Man 3 and just about every TV show around..
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good quality?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Most of the TV shows are good quality, but you seem to run the same risk of crappy recordings on the Movies as you would anywhere else.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Pretty amazing stuff. Something tells me it won't be around forever :P
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Pretty amazing stuff. Something tells me it won't be around forever :P
I was shocked that Time Warner's local news channel showed this site on one of their "Web Sightings" segments a few weeks ago in a positive light.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Streaming TV/Movies and more

Post by Zaelath »

Mawafu wrote:http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Free movies like 300, Hot Fuzz and Spider-Man 3 and just about every TV show around..
Hrmmm...

BANNERS: the Software will download product banners and/or similar marketing devices from our servers and display them within the Software GUI. A message will be sent to our servers indicating that a banner or similar marketing device has been served. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process.

SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Components bundled with the Software may report to Licensor and/or its affiliates the installation status of certain marketing offers, such as toolbars, and also generalized installation information, such as language preference and operating system version, to assist Licensor in its product development. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process. Licensor may in the future offer additional components (such as a toolbar) through our version checking/update system.

DIVX PLAYER INSTALLATION: During the installation of the DivX Player you may elect the option to send information about your computer system configuration to Licensor. This information is not personally identifiable and is used only to enhance the performance of the DivX Player on typical "DivX user" systems.

MAILING SUBSCRIPTIONS: Components of the Software allow you to subscribe to Licensorís e-mail newsletter and additionally to subscribe to receive messages from our partners. If you subscribe to either of these services you will periodically receive e-mail messages from Licensor. Your email address will not be provided to any third parties.
I'll pass, thanks.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I didn't have to install anything, they played through a flash player from daily motion for me. I have the AdBlock+ extension for Firefox though, so that may be why I didn't see any installation crap.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Xouqoa wrote:I didn't have to install anything, they played through a flash player from daily motion for me. I have the AdBlock+ extension for Firefox though, so that may be why I didn't see any installation crap.
That's the licence for the DivX web player...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Watching Spider Man 3 off it right now...quality is surprisingly good.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

If Boschnickels says the quality is good! I'll watch it too! :D

Spidey 3 here i come!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Kriista
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kriista »

ive been using that for a while, no banners or anything like that for me, but im on a mac using safari with adblock

i also reccomend ovguide.com

its updated pretty often, it has all the video sites, so when one stops working, i go there for another one
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

I use regular ol' IE7. I've never had a problem with that site trying to install anything on my computer. Some of the shows will use DivX WebPlayer, some will just use a regular flash media player.