It's my lucky night.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

It's my lucky night.

Post by Neziroth »

Thursday night here is bar night. We go, we play pool, eat some wings and drink some beer.

So, we did all that tonight, and I'm driving on my way home with a little buzz, definitely able to drive well enough, but probably past the legal limit.

I finished my last beer on the way out of the bar, so it was only about 1 minute before all of the following takes place:

I pull onto the main road I take all the way home, the road I came off of was a side road that goes through a small town and eventually to the bar I'm coming from.

I'm driving along and I see red flashing lights two cars back about a half mile down the road just as I'm rounding a curve, I figure he's too far back to possibly pull me over for anything, so I keep on my way.

A few seconds later a car flies up on my back bumper and the same red lights are flashing right in my mirror this time, so I pull over.

The following is my conversation with the officer:

"Liscence and Registration, etc etc." I give it all to him.
"I pulled you over because we've had a report from three separate people that a car with loud exhaust (My car has loud exhaust) was shooting paintballs at houses in the small town I just pulled out of"
I say: "That wasn't me, officer." and I'm 100% sure I slurred a bit.
He says: "Do you have a paintball gun?"
I say I don't.
He says: "You sure?"
I say: "Yeah want me to pop the trunk?"
He says "Yes, please" and takes my liscence back and looks in the trunk, where I have a 10'' subwoofer box, all of my gear from the fire dept. that I'm in, and some sports gear.
He comes back: "What are you? A volunteer?"
I say that I am.
He says: "Have you been drinking tonight?"
I say: "I had a couple a while ago, yes."
He hands me back my liscence and tells me to take my time and get home safely.

And here I am. I did a few shots when I got home, heh, I probably wouldn't have posted this otherwise.

It's my lucky night :D
Last edited by Neziroth on March 16, 2007, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you had an exhaust with a decent sound level none of that would have happened!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Are you one of those retards with a honda with cheap/missing exhaust systems and blaring disco/house/techno?
en kærlighed småkager
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Canelek wrote:Are you one of those retards with a honda with cheap/missing exhaust systems and blaring disco/house/techno?
Even without the blaring music, Eric and I love laughing at those tools
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Your fireman gear saved you.

Not to preach because I've done it myself many times (not since 2002 though and never again. I had an epiphany!), but those DUI laws aren't some of the laws that I disagree with. Party it up but stay off the roads!

No matter how safe you think you drive while drunk, it doesn't matter. My friend just picked up a DUI because of an accident he got in that wasn't his fault. An extreme example would be, kill a pedestrian J-Walking while sober, laugh about it with your friends the next day over lunch, kill a J-walker in the exact same situation even if driving "safely" and head to jail for manslaughter.

Not a great gamble imo.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

You're bragging about getting out of a DUI?
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Don't drink and drive, a friend of mine died years ago because he got in his car to drive a mile. I am sure he thought he could drive well enough, but he coulnd't. Luckily he only killed himself.

While you think you can drive well enough, you really cannot. The legal limit is there for a reason, so don't drive when you have been drinking. I don't mean to preach, but i feel pretty strongly about this.
Fortune favors the brave!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

WWPD
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I seriously seriously was not drunk. The legal limit is like 2 beers, it's ridiculously low I don't know how bars even stay in business.

Yeah Kyoukan, I'm bragging about getting off with a lot of luck. Good observation.

And no, I don't drive a crappy civic, it's a Supercharged Cobalt SS , it came loud from the factory.

Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

heh Cobalt

And you admit that too? You have huge ones.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Re: It's my lucky night.

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Neziroth wrote:So, we did all that tonight, and I'm driving on my way home with a little buzz, definitely able to drive well enough, but probably past the legal limit.
Idiot. Inconsiderate idiot. That's all.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

People that think being buzzed is not being impared should have their cars sent to be crushed.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

fuck you and fuck the cop if he suspected you and still let you off for any reason. scumbags
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

So he drives drunk and owns a "supercharged" chevrolet cobalt. I'm starting to see some disturbing commonalities here. Are you going to start posting threads talking about how many girls are into you and how many times you go to the gym, or are you going to skip all that and just get wasted and drive off a cliff with 3 of your friends in the car?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Neziroth wrote:I seriously seriously was not drunk. The legal limit is like 2 beers, it's ridiculously low I don't know how bars even stay in business.

Yeah Kyoukan, I'm bragging about getting off with a lot of luck. Good observation.

And no, I don't drive a crappy civic, it's a Supercharged Cobalt SS , it came loud from the factory.
So what was the whole point of this thread? I'm confused! If you expected a lot of supportive responses and high-5s you don't know this place very well.

Assuming you're not a 100 pound female 2 beers wont put you over the limit anywhere.

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm
Neziroth wrote:I say: "That wasn't me, officer." and I'm 100% sure I slurred a bit.
When you get to the slurring phase that's a bit beyond buzzed. And definitely not two beers.

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

nee naw nee naw put your hands in the air it is the morality police nee naw nee naw
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Nick wrote:nee naw nee naw put your hands in the air it is the morality police nee naw nee naw

Hah! Go figure the Irish guy would say that!

But seriously, A) If you had two beers and you were slurring your speech you're either a lightweight or that must have been some canadian beer. and B) If you would have went and killed someone after that cop let you go he should be charged and should have lost his badge.

I refuse to drive if I know I'm gonna have more than a couple beers. Period. I don't want to put someone elses life in danger or my own, or get a fuckin DUI.. It's just not worth it. Either find someone to drive or just dont drink.. that simple.
Timmah.

Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Where do you live? I feel like making a call to the local PD and asking them to review their cruiser tapes from that night. Chances are, you are just trying to pound your chest on the wrong forum and making shit up. No one here is proud of you for drinking and getting behind the wheel of a supercharged piece of shit. Yes, you are lucky. Lucky that you did not kill an innocent person with your careless behavior. Idiot.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nick wrote:nee naw nee naw put your hands in the air it is the morality police nee naw nee naw
I don't think it's the morality police who pulled him over in the middle of the night. lolz!

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I was only being half serious of course :D

Obviously you shouldn't drink and drive, but a couple of beers really isn't very much. (Unless you're a retard)
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Okay wow I wasn't aware I was on a forum full of perfect citizens who have never done anything stupid.

I slurred the speech because I was trying so hard not to, I wasn't drunk.

Whatever, yeah it's dumb to drive after you drink, I made a bad decision, thanks for pointing it out.

I'm not sure why I even posted about it, to be honest. Whatever, I came home and my buddy came over and we drank a few (and he slept on the couch, because I know somebody's going to bring it up.)

Sorry my post offended everybody, and I'm glad none of you ever drink and drive +10 to all of you.

Whatever I learned a lesson, I got off easy, I know I know I'm a horrible plague to society and all that bullshit.

And cobalts are obviously girl cars.

Anything else?

Edit:
Chances are, you are just trying to pound your chest on the wrong forum and making shit up.
Why would I make that up? I never once said I was proud of it, I just said "It's my lucky night."

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Neziroth wrote:Okay wow I wasn't aware I was on a forum full of perfect citizens who have never done anything stupid.
Yeah because that's what we said..

The difference is when we do something stupid we don't come to an internet message board and post about it.

--
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

So make it two stupid things I did that night then.

Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Neziroth wrote: Edit:
Chances are, you are just trying to pound your chest on the wrong forum and making shit up.
Why would I make that up? I never once said I was proud of it, I just said "It's my lucky night."
Because there are three sides to every story.

Yours
Mine (and)
The Truth

You are 21 and the same retarded idiot I was when I was 21 and the same retarded idiot most of us here were when we were 21. You will grow out of it and ultimately I hope you did indeed learn a life lesson.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Dregor Thule wrote:WWPD
I laughed and then I felt bad for laughing.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Neziroth wrote: I'm not sure why I even posted about it, to be honest. Whatever, I came home and my buddy came over and we drank a few (and he slept on the couch, because I know somebody's going to bring it up.)
I haven't seen anyone questioning your sexual preferences here!
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Re: It's my lucky night.

Post by Vaemas »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Neziroth wrote:So, we did all that tonight, and I'm driving on my way home with a little buzz, definitely able to drive well enough, but probably past the legal limit.
Idiot. Inconsiderate idiot. That's all.
/agree

My father was killed by someone drinking and driving. Next time you're out drinking, get a DD or a cab. Yeah, I understand you'd only had a couple drinks, but damn man, shit happens. Don't be "that" guy. You might not be feeling the effects and you might think you're perfectly OK to drive...

But I'm sure the guy who killed my father felt the same way. "That" guy walked away from the accident. The head-on impact snapped the neck of my father and mangled the vehicle bad enough it took the fire department 3 hours to cut the vehicle apart to get to my father's body.

It's been 5, almost 6 years now, but I remember that day crystal clear. I remember the profound impact of walking through the wreckage of the vehicles from the day I collected my father's things at the impound lot. Shit happens and I just hope that you're smart enough in the future to not take that chance again.

Tomorrow's St. Paddy's day and I'll be raising a glass in memory of a man named William Patrick O'Hara...and I'll let someone else drive me home.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Did this thread go the way as planned? :razz:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

RIP to your father Vaemas.

Kwon, like I said I wasn't in the clearest state of mind when I posted this. I got lucky as hell last night, and I was happy about that and I just posted it. Whatever.

Yeah, thanks to all of you saints for pointing out that I fucked up. To those of you who lost somebody to a drunk driver, I'm sorry to you but don't go and attack me over it.

To everyone who calmly posted that it was a bad idea and didn't go all fucking Jr. Cop on me, it's good advice and I'm going to follow it from now on. It was a wake up call to me that I'm not invisible to cops and that I can get pulled over for completely unrelated things and still get busted.

According to that little website I wasn't even close to the legal limit (5 beers over 2.5 hours @ 165 lbs) I thought it took less than that. I thought it only took 2 or so. Whatever.

It's a stupid thread it was a stupid post feel free to retard it or delete it whenever.

If you guys feel the need to berate me, or make fun of my car - which I'm completely in love with by the way and I find that more insulting than what you're saying about me - fine. Do what makes you feel good but I know as well as you do that you're not leading a perfectly lawful life so look at yourselves first.

And kyoukan, you're just a cunt I'm not sorry to you I wish I hit you.

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I'm pretty sure we all wish Kyoukan was hit by a fast moving car
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Not me! Kyou is <3 :)
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:I'm pretty sure we all wish Kyoukan was hit by a fast moving car
Just make sure you're sober and she's not on a crosswalk!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

We've already lost one forum poster to driving while impaired. How about we not make it two.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Neziroth wrote:And kyoukan, you're just a cunt I'm not sorry to you I wish I hit you.
aim for the one in the middle you fucking rumpot.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

kyoukan wrote:
Neziroth wrote:And kyoukan, you're just a cunt I'm not sorry to you I wish I hit you.
aim for the one in the middle you fucking rumpot.

/wave

Hi Cunt
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

NO U R
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Drinsic Darkwood wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:WWPD
I laughed and then I felt bad for laughing.
I was getting worried no one got it :(
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

vn_Tanc wrote:NO U R
NO U R
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Asshole for driving drunk.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

rumpot lol
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Lalanae wrote:Kyoukan is a cumpot lol

Fixed
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

About the Cobalt SS. It may be a "girl" car, but anyone who has driven a Cavalier or anything like it and wishes it had 50 more horse power could tell you it isn't a bad car. I learned to drive in my brothers 88 Cavalier, and that thing couldn't pass a car unless I had a quarter of a mile to get going. Put a larger engine in it, and then supercharge that larger engine and you've got a decent car. My only complaint was the crap under the hood. That car ran for 186,000 miles before he got rid of it, and it was still running well when he did. Not everyone can afford a new Charger, and not everyone likes to drive a run-of-the-mill sedan/minivan/SUV. I prefer a faster car, and I've actually been looking at getting a Cobalt SS or something similar, as my car is about on its last legs.

And to nip it in the bud... I used to drive a Jaguar XJS. I was (sober) driving (much) faster than I should have been when I really shouldn't have been (the conditions were sub-par) and hit a deer, nearly killing myself, and more importantly, a good friend of mine. We drove (British steel saves the day!) away from the scene, but I doubt I will ever see 90 in a car I'm driving again, let alone 155. I prefer a faster car because I live in an area where the passing zones are short and few, and while I am rarely in a hurry, I don't enjoy being stuck behind someone doing 10mph less than the speed limit and not being able to pass them when I have the chance.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I'll go ahead and recommend the cobalt SS to you, heh.

If the 205 (underrated) horsepower and 200 torque isn't enough for you GM offers an upgrade kit that's covered by warranty (which I just got).

for $700 it:
adds high pressure fuel injectors,
reflashes the computer,
puts a smaller pully on the supercharger

Adds 45 more horsepower, and 35 more torque.

Puts the car around 250 horse, 235 torque (according to GM)

According to a friend who has this done and has put his car on a dyno:

275 horse, 240 torque.

Not bad for a girl car that costs under $24,000 with this upgrade installed.