Greenpeace packing more beef against whaling vessels

What do you think about the world?
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Follow the timeline... accidental fire my ass
Japanese officials said the blaze that broke out in the below-decks area of the ship where whale carcasses are processed was under control
Most of the 148-member crew of the 8,000-ton Nisshin Maru were evacuated Thursday to three other ships from the Japanese whaling fleet in the area, said Hideki Moronuki, an official with the Japan Fisheries Agency.

The Nisshin Maru sent out a distress call early Thursday after the fire broke out, said Steve Corbett, a spokesman for Maritime New Zealand.
The Nisshin Maru was the flagship of a Japanese whaling flotilla harassed this month by activists from the conservation group Sea Shepherd, who have thrown foul-smelling acid and other objects at the ships to try to keep them from hunting whales.

A Sea Shepherd ship collided with a Japanese ship earlier in recent days, causing damage but no injuries.

Sea Shepherd on Wednesday gave up its chase as it started to run out of fuel
The Sea Shepherd crew has successfully delivered six liters of butyric acid onto the flensing deck of the Nisshin Maru. This "butter acid" is a nontoxic obnoxious smelling substance. The foul smell has cleared the flensing deck and stopped all work of cutting up whales.
Who hit who?
On Monday, February 12, 2007, the Japanese whaling ship Kaiko Maru was intercepted by the Sea Shepherd ship Robert Hunter as it was chasing a pod of whales. The Robert Hunter intervened by crossing in front of the Kaiko Maru, which allowed the whales to escape.

The Kaiko Maru then came alongside the Robert Hunter and swerved into the starboard side of the Sea Shepherd ship to push it into some ice.

The Robert Hunter’s hull was penetrated and a large hole ripped open into the forward compartment area above the main deck. The shoving of the Robert Hunter against the ice caused damage below the water line on the port side of the engine room compartment.

Both ships then moved into the ice and then began to work their way out of the floe when, suddenly, the Kaiko Maru backed up and rammed into the stern port side of the Robert Hunter. This collision penetrated the hull and opened a one-meter gash in the bulwarks above the main deck.

After striking the Robert Hunter twice, the Kaiko Maru then issued a Maritime Distress signal. Both the Robert Hunter and the Farley Mowat responded to the distress request but the Kaiko Maru would not respond. New Zealand Search and Rescue informed both Sea Shepherd ships that the Kaiko Maru reported they were in “grave and imminent danger”
The collisions were fully documented by the film crew onboard the Robert Hunter. This evidence clearly shows what occurred.

Furthermore, Sea Shepherd has no problem with admitting to ramming a whaling ship involved with illegal whaling, if we had in fact done so. We have always accepted responsibility for our actions. In this case, Sea Shepherd categorically refutes the Japanese accusations that they were rammed.

The Farley Mowat and the Robert Hunter are focusing their attentions specifically on the Nisshin Maru, the factory ship of the whaling fleet.
If the Mowat hit the Kaiko they would be bragging about it... since this is not the case I call shennanigans on the Japanese
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

That may be the case, but riddle me this, your beliefs on whaling aside.

If someone sat in your office at work all day and threw unbearably smelly shit at you, hung your phone up on you every time you answered it, and otherwise tried to stop you from doing your job for a few weeks straight, don't you think you would take a swing at them eventually (or do something for christ sake.)
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Funkmasterr wrote:That may be the case, but riddle me this, your beliefs on whaling aside.

If someone sat in your office at work all day and threw unbearably smelly shit at you, hung your phone up on you every time you answered it, and otherwise tried to stop you from doing your job for a few weeks straight, don't you think you would take a swing at them eventually (or do something for christ sake.)
I have ethics and I don't use loopholes to get by in life and hide illegal activities (fin whaling is illegal no matter what yet fin whale is found in japanese markets) under the guise of science.

I am out of the food industry now but regularly had to explain to people that I could not serve the abalone they got diving out on the coast, even if they got it legally and showed me their card. You cannot prepare wild abalone, even for free, in a commercial kitchen (you can serve the farmed stuff). It was the law and I followed it.

If I go back into the food industry and start serving endangered species... feel free to come in my kitchen and fling poo, I deserve it.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

i like green peas
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

Funkmasterr wrote:That may be the case, but riddle me this, your beliefs on whaling aside.

These "office workers" are doing the same thing as a hunting party in Africa harvesting ivory. They get what they have coming to them, be it misfortune or death, and they deserve at least what they've recieved.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

If you were selling crack in a neighbourhood and some local residents threw unbearably smelly shit at you, shouted at you, pushed you onto the street and otherwise tried to stop you from doing your job for a few weeks straight, don't you think you would take a swing at them eventually (or do something for christ sake.)
Fixed~
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It amazes me that with all the negative, fucked up shit going on in the world right now- one of the things that gets you all riled up the most is some japs killing a few fucking whales so they can eat sushi.

I think they should have killed that rare shark that was posted here not too long ago, that would have been some damn profitable sushi right there!
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Funkmasterr wrote:It amazes me that with all the negative, fucked up shit going on in the world right now- one of the things that gets you all riled up the most is some japs killing a few fucking whales so they can eat sushi.

I think they should have killed that rare shark that was posted here not too long ago, that would have been some damn profitable sushi right there!
Humans shitting on humans is nothing new. And this forum will give you plenty of evidence of us "getting riled up" about it.

The reason for the strong feelings here is simply that a rare creature is being hunted to extinction illegally and pointlessly. All I have to say is "RAMMING SPEEEEED!". I'll even bang the drums for them.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

The problem is Funk, they'll always be killing a "few more whales". Whales are intelligent creatures. It sickens me that they're being hunted to near extinction.
Good luck to the Sea Shepherd.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

It amazes me that with all the negative, fucked up shit going on in the world right now- one of the things that gets you all riled up the most is some japs killing a few fucking whales
Whales are amazingly intelligent and complex creatures. As far as I'm concerned, killing a whale-- for ANY reason-- is just as much of an abomination as killing a human.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There are plenty of humans to kill, far less whales.

In cases like this, humans are very much like the parasites referred to in the Matrix. Just because you can kill something, doesn't mean you should.

Check out Star Trek IV. The Earth was almost destroyed because whales were extinct and had stopped communicating with whale friend aliens from their original home.

Just because whales can't take a watch and miniaturize it or pack hundreds of extended whale family into a coral cave, doesn't mean they lack intelligence. Everyone has their set of special skills.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oh god you guys stop, you're gonna make me cry.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Think of how you would feel if someone tried to completely destroy something you cared deeply about, your blow up doll replica of Ru-Paul for example.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

or his life size cardboard cutout of 50 cent and his glock replica pellet gun.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

"Save the whales, save the world."...
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

Funkmasterr wrote:Oh god you guys stop, you're gonna make me cry.
I'm no tree hugger, but with attitudes like that, humans will not be long for this planet.

I was reading an interview with Jane Goodall in Discover last night at work, and one of the things she said intrigued me. When asked why chimps have not become as successful as humans, seeing as they can use tools and have extremely complex social structures and personalities, she replied that in most respects chimpanzees are far more successful than humans. They have lived for millions of years in the same environment, in harmony with all that surrounds them. They do not destroy the forest they live in to make room for more chimps, they do not pollute the grounds that they require to survive. They do show many human destructive traits, such as war (in a primitive form, per the good Doctor) and murder, but as a whole, they are only under strain from human interference.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Tuddi2
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tuddi2 »

Keverian FireCry wrote:"Save the whales, save the world."...

and i spent 5 min looking for a proper photo of a whale to splash a cheerleader costume on it.

i failed :(
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

:lol: i'd love to see that!
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

It all depends how you feel about animals....do humans really have the right to kill any of them for any reason? Why whales? to what ends?

Personally....Fuuuuuuck the whalers. Give the Sea Shepard torpedoes.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Skogen wrote:Personally....Fuuuuuuck the whalers. Give the Sea Shepard torpedoes.
So killing people is OK? You really have some fucked up values.

You really believe the entire crew of this ship are evil people who signed up to just so they could go kill intelligent life?

I liken them more to fishermen or folks working in a meat packing plant. Do you also advocate killing them? If so I'm sure there are plenty in California.

Maybe you would also like to see those evil migrants picking cabbages killed? After all, they're trying to provide for their families working for an industry that provides food as well.

Moron.
- Ash
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Bullshit Ashur. There are millions of other ways to be a fisherman that don't involve harpooning critically endangered species.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I say give the whales torpedos... and fucking laser beams.

I hear the japanese are good eatin'.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Fuck green peace, just toss up the Jolly Roger and go full out on those fuckers.

Gang Plank those slant eye fuckers and slit thier 3rd chin open just to let them bleed out like they do the whales.

Fucking japs.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Lol. Right. Thanks Xan.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Ashur wrote:
Skogen wrote:Personally....Fuuuuuuck the whalers. Give the Sea Shepard torpedoes.
So killing people is OK? You really have some fucked up values.

You really believe the entire crew of this ship are evil people who signed up to just so they could go kill intelligent life?

I liken them more to fishermen or folks working in a meat packing plant. Do you also advocate killing them? If so I'm sure there are plenty in California.

Maybe you would also like to see those evil migrants picking cabbages killed? After all, they're trying to provide for their families working for an industry that provides food as well.

Moron.
did I say it was ok? Go back and read again. None of it is "ok". People fight and die in wars....is it "ok"? No....but it happens as ecalation of human conflict. if for a "good" cause, is it "ok"? No...but justified.
Whales cant fight for themselves...so some people are figting for them.

As for the rest of your post....lets keep it apples to apples, shall we?