Cheesecake Factory

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Cheesecake Factory

Post by Winnow »

I keep getting $50.00 gift cards to the Cheesecake factory so I decided to stop by and pick one up after work.

For those not familiar with the Cheesecake Factory, they make...cheesecakes! ..and other cakes, food etc.

Checking out their selection, I picked out something called the Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake.

It turns out to be an 11 lbs 10 oz mound of insane amounts of chocolate stuffage.

Reading the Nutrition Facts from the side of the box:

Servings per container: 12
Calories per slice: 1,720

Hello 20,640 calorie cake!

I was so in awe of this thing I took a picture! Hard to tell from the picture but it's about 7.5 inches high.

I managed to down about half of a slice and am bouncing around the room.

Anyways, these are $48.00 cakes and I have another $50.00 gift card so will be getting another one for the office and am looking for recommendations of other cakes/pies people have had from the Cheesecake factory. I hear the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake is good.

Some others:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

These all look like normal cakes/pies...not like the double decker mound of pure chocolate I ended up with.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Key Lime is my fave, but there are MANY good ones there. :)
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

Cheesecake Factory is the BEST!!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Never heard of it.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

The pies are good. The food is not. And it's overpriced.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Yeah, I've always understood to be a restaurant in addition to a cheesecake place. The restaurant is shit. The desserts I've had were good.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

The restaurant reminds me of an overly ambitious TGI Friday's, Chilli's, Ruby Tuesday's, or any of the dozens of other utterly forgettable chain establishments that litter the country. They make a lot of stuff, and none of it well - always be wary of any restaurant offering a few dozen "specialties" in addition to the rest of the (too) extensive, schizophrenic menu. Their deserts are good, but I can think of several local bakeries where I can get better. If Applebee's is the McDonald's of casual dining chains, the Cheesecake factory is the Wendy's.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

In regards to Xatrei's response. The idea of a restaurant being able to be amazing at a large variety of different meals is rediculous. I work in the food/bar industry and have been talking a lot of shop lately. This is a large part of what I haven't been able to hit on. The place I work has amazing pizza. I know it's pizza and it's kind of simple but the recipe we have coupled with our ingredients and oven's (imo over half of a pizza making process is how it's cooked.) At any rate I'm tired of people wanting to fuck over what made them what they were in the first place and not just realize they make something people will flock to and they need nothing else. It's like some beautiful girl with an amazing face and perfect skin wanting to gob on pounds of make-up to make her look "hotter." When in all actuality she looks better being who she is. Just like the place I'm at has this desire to break out of what they are to be something they're not. Instead of embracing it and milking the damn place for all they can, which is a lot...

Either way we've had our Sysco and Reinhart dealers competing for our business lately, especially since we opened our new restaurant and bar. To say the least they understand that to get to people sweets don't hurt. They've gave us soo many free cakes, pies and various other deserts whether they're fried, frozen, or something else. I <3 sweets now.

/rant off. btw, I'm fucked up at 6am~
Thinking of something new!
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Weird, the only Cheesecake Factory I've eaten at has had awesome food. It's the one in King of Prussia, PA. I thought the selection was amazing, (I'm a big fan of having a large variety when I go out to eat). the food was fantastic (Jamaican Black Pepper Shrimp,Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp and the Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin are awesome). Honestly, the deserts are great too, but the main reason I go to one is for the food. I certainly consider them well above Applebee's or TGIF's. The only restaurant chain I like more is The Melting Pot. (3 hour romantic fondue experience FTW!)

As far as the cheesecakes go Winnow, pretty much everything is really good. You can't go wrong with any of them!

(1270 calories a slice, holy shit I'd be as big as a house if I worked there!)
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Kryshade wrote:The only restaurant chain I like more is The Melting Pot. (3 hour romantic fondue experience FTW!)
TMP is one of those places you take a date or wife to for a special dinner. After that you likely won't go back because (A) it's not that good, (B) it can be expensive, and (C) it takes 3-4 hours plus to finish because you're cooking each bite of food one at a time. That said, I still recommend people that haven't gone to go once just to experience it. It's certainly different.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I hate the Cheesecake Factory. Sure, they may have good deserts, but the meals I had there would have been horrible even if they were free. If they didn't ship their deserts from bakeries/factories in California, I might consider even going there just for the deserts. I will stick to local places like Swetish Hill until then.
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

I am completely unfamiliar with the Cheesecake Factory, but there is one thing I do know: Cheesecake owns all desserts everywhere. I am not a sweets sort of person, but I don't often pass up a good cheesecake.
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

their key lime is awesome, i second noel's recommendation. i've never been thrilled with anything i've tried off of their lunch or dinner menus, but my mom and i would split a slice of plain cheesecake for dessert and it was always great.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

You gotta know what to order at the cheesecake factory. The Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp is awesome, as are some of their pasta dishes, but don't think that pasta means "authentic Italian." Stay away from their steaks, chops, ect., but that goes for every fucking chain restaurant in the world except Ruth's Chris =p

As for the real reason to go there, I love the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cakes quite a big, followed closely by the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and the Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel.

I am not a fan of their key lime cake, but I am also very, very picky about anything professing to be "key lime." Probably because I grew up with a key lime tree in my backyard.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

I'm fairly luke-warm for the Cheesecake factory as a restaurant. I'd agree that their cheesecakes are delicious. There's one downtown (Denver) that we stop into when we get a craving. We get a couple to go, and they last about a week in our fridge. All I need is a bite and I'm satiated. The peanut butter one is very good. I like the apple bakes as well. They take a cored apple, cover it with pastry dough, cinnamon, sugar, other spices, and bake it. It's very good with some whipping cream. Overall, I tend to stay away from chain restaurants unless someone else is paying.

So is cheesecake really cake? It has a crust, typically, so does that make it more pie? :lol:
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It's a custard pie. We've been over this before.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I never thought the food was all that bad. It seems to be a place to go if your meeting friends because the menu is all over the place. The only other sit down chain I ever go to is Legal Seafood because their fish is fresh. I'm not a big dessert person so I wouldn't know if CF's specialties are any good but I'm sure they're fine.

That chocolate cake reminds of a place that used to be very close to where I used to live, Harold's Deli.

That thing on the bottom right of that case is an eclair. :lol:

In fact, they make everything ridiculously big there

Last edited by Chidoro on February 9, 2007, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thanks for the cake suggestions. I'll probably go for the key lime.
masteen wrote: Stay away from their steaks, chops, ect., but that goes for every fucking chain restaurant in the world except Ruth's Chris =p
The Capital Grille is also good for steaks. When you get up into the high end restaurants, service means a little more and The Capital Grille fared better in that department. Of course, its luck of the draw on who you get but one snobby dickhead waiter/waitress can make a difference. I desire as little attention as possible at restaurants so a waiter has to be an uber dick to irritate me.

As for the Cheesecake Factory, I've only eaten there a few times and they weren't memorable experiences...not bad, not good. $50.00 seems a bit much for a cake but at least they're good cakes. I prefer something more like The Outback Steakhouse if comparing establishments on a similar price scale. The best thing about Outback is they don't do anything special for birthdays...how great is that? ...no having to listen to waiters and waitresses sing happy birthday with fake smiles!
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I recommend the pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. It looks disgusting but it is so delicious.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I always got nothing less than smashing service every time I went to the one in Tampa. The same guy waited on us every week or so for over 4 years.

p.s. Yes, the pumpkin cheese cake is nothing special to look at, but it's like a holiday flavored mouth-gasm.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Guys go to the Cheesecake Factory? I always thought of it as the place women flock to in groups to indulge in overrich, overpriced deserts.
- Ash
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Ashur wrote:Guys go to the Cheesecake Factory? I always thought of it as the place women flock to in groups to indulge in overrich, overpriced deserts.
They also have fruity frozen drinks. So you've got flocks of girls all hopped up on sugar, booze and chocolate. Why WOULDN'T guys go there?
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

The Banana Cream Cheesecake is my favorite.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

masteen wrote:It's a custard pie. We've been over this before.
Chewin' a piece of your custard pie?

I've got a soft spot for custard deserts. But as far as cheesecakes go, I prefer the plain original. I'm not a big fan of crazy candybar flavored super sweet mashups of flavor that they put into many of their cheesecakes.

That said, I'd knife any of you for a piece of key lime.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Screw that. Marietta Diner kicks all ass.

Single Dessert Listing:
http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=desserts

Full Dessert Listing:
http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=txtDesserts

25 Cakes
15 Cheesecakes
8 Pies
6 Specials

That's no less than 54 desserts available for purchase. The dessert case is easily 20 feet long.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

madiera chicken ftw at cheesecake. all else is shitty food.
Fuck Michigan!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

nneenaK wrote:During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I recommend the pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. It looks disgusting but it is so delicious.
TCF's pumpkin cheesecake is regurgitated poo compared to Olive Garden's. Which sucks because Olive Garden only has theirs for a short period of time during the year.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Vaemas wrote:Screw that. Marietta Diner kicks all ass.

Single Dessert Listing:
http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=desserts

Full Dessert Listing:
http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=txtDesserts

25 Cakes
15 Cheesecakes
8 Pies
6 Specials

That's no less than 54 desserts available for purchase. The dessert case is easily 20 feet long.

There is something seriously wrong with their pie to cake ratio. I FEAR THE UNIVERSE IS NOT IN BALANCE.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Zamtuk wrote:madiera chicken ftw at cheesecake. all else is shitty food.
I liked their Thai pasta dish (forget the name).
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Zamtuk always tells me that the next time I'm in Columbus he wants to take me to the Beefcake Factory. Is that a similar place?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I think PF Chang's and Outback are the best chain places to eat.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club