Surprisingly smooth launch so far

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Surprisingly smooth launch so far

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I was pretty sure everything would be fucked up for a couple of days, but Blizzard has surprised me so far.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Surprisingly smooth launch so far

Post by Psyloche »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I was pretty sure everything would be fucked up for a couple of days, but Blizzard has surprised me so far.
Them pushing out the patches the last few weeks in prep was pretty nice. I expected similar things, melt downs of monstrous proportions. Even the spawn time of the early quest mobs, while not sufficient on my server, is definitely bearable. Those orcs south of Thrallmar don't last more than 1 second lol.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Wonder how it will be when the kids get home from school.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

its been good so far sans the upgrade-site and the mid-install crashes.. but yes. Primetime cometh. You are not prepared. I'm just glad I already got all of my HP quests over and done with. On to Zangamarsh!
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Rampart is pretty bland, but the Blood Furnace was fun. Can't wait to see more. Already got 4 pieces of loot (nice to be the only leather wearer), and my buddy is working on jewelcrafting so I can get some socketed items upgraded. Can't wait to see more as I've only been to the first area so far.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

BC launch has come, caring level very low..

I guess I'm cured of WoW. =)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Sadly enough, so am I. :?
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Does anyone know what the "patches" my bliz downloader is getting? It is going unbelievably slow right now and I'd much rather get it from somewhere else. Im on the 2.0.5 build I believe.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

there is a 160mb patch and a 3ish mb patch after that. Most people had the 160mb patch pre-downloaded through the background app

you can always just google the filename if you need to find a mirror
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

There's a program called WoWTorrentEx that extracts the .torrent file from the Blizzard Downloader and allows you to use any 3rd party torrent client to download your patches. I love it.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Because I had nothing else to do between server crashes.

http://youarenotprepared.ytmnd.com/
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So how was it last night?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:BC launch has come, caring level very low..

I guess I'm cured of WoW. =)
Same, if I ever give another mmo a shot I might pick EQ2 up again for the 15th time, but I doubt it.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

miir wrote:So how was it last night?
My server had some lag in Hellfire where everyone is questing, but was mostly bearable. There apparently was a queue to log in, but I never saw it. Inside instances, things were pretty solid and it was great.

On a different note, on PvE servers, is everyong PvP flagged in Outlands? I can't remember if they did that or if it was just part of the rumor mill. I think it's pretty interesting how there's a semi-cease fire on my PvP server because everyone just wants to hit 70.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Outlands world server was down intermittently for around 5 hours last night. Usually coming up for about 15-20 minutes at a time. Azeroth and instances only went down when they restarted the whole server to reset the Outlands. This is the crap that everyone was expecting to see ;P

I did a few instance runs and then went to bed very early.. woke up and played in the early morning instead and it was a blast. Hardly anyone online. I love the new quests... There's one where you have to take a Felhound for a walk because it ate this goblin's Shredder keys. So you kill Hellboars for awhile as it follows you.. it eats the corpse after the fight and leaves a pile of steaming Felpoop for you to search through. Awesome

Another good one is where you turn that blood elf chick into a rat and her cat eats her. and the bombing runs!
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

sad
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

je ding
miir and I are best friends. <3
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

lol 28 hours!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Am 65 and having a blast. It sort of reminds me of Kunark, except I'm actually levelling ;)
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I got PK'd by my first level 70 rogue today. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

We started a day late, and I hit 60 the week before BC came out, so not even 63 yet ><
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, it is a really fun expansion! I also don't have to field a jabillion tells asking to help with a BRS run. :)

Since I have been away from the game for so long, I have a couple questions:

- PVP quest(s) - Gotta be in a group, eh?

- Rog spec - Went back to daggers, so trying to find a new balance away from straight combat....good pvp, etc.... Cadalano????

Thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I have a question. and it may have already been answered somewhere else, but I no longer play, and barring the apocalypse, won't be playing again. I'm just curious.

Is there any content in this expansion that isn't 60-70?
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Well, you can create a Dranei and explore/quest Azuremist Isle...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

There is 1-20 content for Draenei and BEs.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

The only reason really to buy the expansion if you're below lvl 60 and don't care about the new races is jewelcrafting.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

The thing I like most about this expansion is they've upped the difficulty slider so it's more like playing EQ. There's still the oddity of nearly everyone having some crowd control, so you can handle a couple adds instead of wiping and using longer pulls, but certainly some strategy went back into the game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Zaelath wrote:The thing I like most about this expansion is they've upped the difficulty slider so it's more like playing EQ. There's still the oddity of nearly everyone having some crowd control, so you can handle a couple adds instead of wiping and using longer pulls, but certainly some strategy went back into the game.
I disagree. It's easier than ever. My guildies and I have Ramparts down to 25 minutes and Furnace down to 35. I have yet to run Slave Pens with a dedicated group enough times to stat breaking records, but the first time only took an hour and about an hour and 10 minutes the second time with a new group. So far these Instances are a cakewalk. I'm looking forward to Heroic mode and something that kicks my ass.

That is not difficult in the least.

I'm still only lvl 64, but already have lvl 70 guildmates, with about 10ish lvl 69s. I feel behind the curve.

My Feral Druid is in heaven though. At lvl 64 with non-talented Mark of the Wild only, I'm sitting at 28% dodge, 9100 HPs , 18k AC, 27% crit, and 1000 AP in bear. Cat form was at 1800 AP (can add another 200 with trinket clickie), with 26 dodge, and 29% crit. That is just crazy.

On a side note, it seems Blizzard is slowly removing crit in the game. At all levels of gear, they are increasing AP and STA lke mad, but everyone is sacrificing Crit. It's an intersting way to tune content and PvP I guess. No more one-shotting bastards

We're going to destroy Naxx this week, heh.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Hellfire Citadel is a cakewalk at 63/64. It was tough at 60, though.

My group is 63 except the druid tank who is 64. We did Auchenai Crypt last night and THAT was a stretch. The trash was 66ish and the bosses were 67 with some nasty surprises.
We prevailed in the end and I had an absolute blast as sole healer. I've never spammed consumables and long-cool-down superpowers like that before.

Yes our feral druid tank is making out like a bandit on the loots. And i've melted a shit-ton of paladin plate and shaman mail crap as well.

I'd just like to add a FUBLiz for making all the new cloth drops look like pyjamas or clown outfits.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

I'm pretty satisfied so far- The amount of quests is just astounding.. and so many of them are fleshed out in detail. The lag issues are basically back to normal where primetime brings some rough spikes but never crashes. The queues have even been under five minutes, as I've noticed.

I was initially concerned about the amount of new reputations and the rep grinds, but I dont even want the rewards from many of them. There seems to be reps designed for different people. casual players will want grind out reps that I don't give a shit about, and I have reps for myself to work on. In any case, all of the factions (except maybe KoT) seem to have turn-in items for gaining favor instead of just killing 13,000 mobs, and theyre mostly all BoE which is a new concept. On top of that, I'm naturally gaining a lot of faction just by doing normal leveling. I hit Revered with mag'thar and my consortium/scryer rep is on its way up from Netherstorm quests.

Hellfire Citadel is ridiculously easy until Heroic mode, but so is Hellfire Penninsula in general. I think blizz aimed for people returning to the game for the expansion to enjoy themselves

Auchen crypts was annoying and I'm probably only going to go there one more time to finish quest lines, but I loved Mana Tombs and Skittle. All the boss fights are tricky when youre learning them.

I've done Old hillsbrad a few times now and thats probably the most enjoyable thing in the expansion. If you go there make sure you check out Southshore after or before you begin the story.

Nagrand so far is my favorite zone, but I think Netherstorm is going to beat it. I just started questing in NS and its incredibly fun- just fucktons of quests there. I skipped most of Blade's mountains to hit NS and so far I'm glad I did
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

cadalano wrote:I'm pretty satisfied so far- The amount of quests is just astounding.. and so many of them are fleshed out in detail. The lag issues are basically back to normal where primetime brings some rough spikes but never crashes. The queues have even been under five minutes, as I've noticed.

I was initially concerned about the amount of new reputations and the rep grinds, but I dont even want the rewards from many of them. There seems to be reps designed for different people. casual players will want grind out reps that I don't give a shit about, and I have reps for myself to work on. In any case, all of the factions (except maybe KoT) seem to have turn-in items for gaining favor instead of just killing 13,000 mobs, and theyre mostly all BoE which is a new concept. On top of that, I'm naturally gaining a lot of faction just by doing normal leveling. I hit Revered with mag'thar and my consortium/scryer rep is on its way up from Netherstorm quests.

Hellfire Citadel is ridiculously easy until Heroic mode, but so is Hellfire Penninsula in general. I think blizz aimed for people returning to the game for the expansion to enjoy themselves

Auchen crypts was annoying and I'm probably only going to go there one more time to finish quest lines, but I loved Mana Tombs and Skittle. All the boss fights are tricky when youre learning them.

I've done Old hillsbrad a few times now and thats probably the most enjoyable thing in the expansion. If you go there make sure you check out Southshore after or before you begin the story.

Nagrand so far is my favorite zone, but I think Netherstorm is going to beat it. I just started questing in NS and its incredibly fun- just fucktons of quests there. I skipped most of Blade's mountains to hit NS and so far I'm glad I did
I'd save Blade's edge for post 70 gold farm from quests, as there really aren't a lot to do. That is, unless they added some post beta.

Nagrand is really, really good. I liked it better than Netherstorm myself, but I hadn't done a whole lot in NS before I stopped playing beta. I was 67 and NS was basically the last zone I had with quests in it, so my plan for release is to level up as much as I can in instances and save the quests for the phat golds for my flying mount. (Blood furnace is acutally really good exp up to 70 if you have a decent group that doesn't have to sit around and regen after every few pulls).

Also, druids are fucking insane right now!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Yeah feral druids are pretty good now in groups. The two that I instance with still dont come close to rogue/mage DPS but LotP is nice and Mangle is ridiculous, and will only be more ridiculous in a 25-man setting where rupture will have ample time to tick and rogues will be maxed out on AP

that lifebloom shit is also pretty hot

although if I could pick a class to play temporarily it'd be a mage. Until itemization catches up to them, theyre definitely kings of the hill
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

cadalano wrote: although if I could pick a class to play temporarily it'd be a mage. Until itemization catches up to them, theyre definitely kings of the hill
My BM hunter has more sustained DPS than the mage a level higher... their burst damage is just fecking insane though, if they have the time to cast.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Shadow Priest group healing/mana battery FTW in instances! I usually run with a Resto Druid, Feral Druid, Affliction Lock and MM Hunter and it goes really well.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Zaelath wrote:
cadalano wrote: although if I could pick a class to play temporarily it'd be a mage. Until itemization catches up to them, theyre definitely kings of the hill
My BM hunter has more sustained DPS than the mage a level higher... their burst damage is just fecking insane though, if they have the time to cast.

i guess. All I know is that the mage that I duo'd with for 3 levels regularly crits ice lance for just under 4000 dmg. so yeah I'll stick with mage in my fantasy world. Hunters got nerfed on the PTR anyway!
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Having a blast so far, and I am very happy on how smooth its been. I will say that normal mode instances are easy as shit....We've blown through Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Underbog, & Slave Pens thus far with zero trouble.

Being an all-out affliction warlock has definitely been ftw. Solo grinding 3-4 mobs at a time with little down time make the exp bar move!

We had our first level 70 sometime late friday night. By saturday morning, there were 4. Sunday, there were 20+. I played waaaaay to much over the weekend by my standards, and I am at level 64. I cant even imagine how someone has managed to get to 70 by now.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Skogen wrote:Having a blast so far, and I am very happy on how smooth its been. I will say that normal mode instances are easy as shit....We've blown through Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Underbog, & Slave Pens thus far with zero trouble.

Being an all-out affliction warlock has definitely been ftw. Solo grinding 3-4 mobs at a time with little down time make the exp bar move!

We had our first level 70 sometime late friday night. By saturday morning, there were 4. Sunday, there were 20+. I played waaaaay to much over the weekend by my standards, and I am at level 64. I cant even imagine how someone has managed to get to 70 by now.
Perhaps my view of Ramparts a little skewed by having a level 60 tank? :)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

did shattered halls last night- instances definitely get pretty rough. the last boss took us a good 6 tries or so. trying Mechanar or Morass tonight. so many instances to tackle!! good shit.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I think Blizzard really did the right thing by making so many multi-wing dungeons. If you can't find at least one that tickles your fancy, then you probably don't really like MMOGs.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:I think Blizzard really did the right thing by making so many multi-wing dungeons. If you can't find at least one that tickles your fancy, then you probably don't really like MMOGs.
Are they actual dungeons or instances?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Do you mean static dungeons that do not have random mob placement / structure / etc versus random instances? If so, its the former

Or do you just mean public dungeons versus instanced dungeons? If so, its the latter!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

So how long does it take to do a 25-man run now? Frankly my interest is starting to get a bit tweaked by BC since I started hearing about the changes to the things I hated about WoW.

I would've probably bought it already had it not been for the fact that I need to get another video card to run it decently.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

if you were able to play WoW with your current video card, it'll work in TBC. Nothing changed in that respect

25-man raids are for level 70's, of which there arent enough right now. But I'm pretty sure that if you hated raiding back then.. you'll still hate it. Theres a lot more shit out there for the casual nub than there used to be, though.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

That's what I thought. Thanks cad. I only allow myself 1 15$ a month subscription a month at any time and right now it's at an online game rental place.

I think I'll leave it there for the time being as I'm loving the diversity of the games I'm playing and I'm still muy burned out on the whole mmog thing.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Ok, I saw a 66 Dranaie Shaman last night in Shattrath!
MUST be chinese power levelers working in shifts.

also, MANY players have epic flying mounts. I dont even know where to buy one, much less having the $$ or faction to get one!
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

You get the flying mounts in Shadowmoon from your respective city. They don't take rep but the regular one is 800 training and 100 for the mount and epic is 5000 training and 200 mount.

I just hit 70 and got my first mount earlier today, still need about 1200 for epic. I think I made around 1600 leveling from 60 to 70 doing probably 70% instancing and 30% solo questing. I have to admit I've been having a ton of fun just flying around and over things all over the place. It's great for sniping mining nodes too.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i picked up my epic flyer a few days ago and i love it. its paying for itself because I can fly around to every Outland zone and auction my enchants to everyone on the planet in like 10 minutes! I'm like a virtual spam mailer
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

3245g of 5200g :(
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

I blew most my cash on getting 37 tailoring, and enchants!

540g to my name!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

heroic modes are extremely disappointing. karazhan is brilliant