Christmas Presents for the Person Who has Ex-KGB Enemies...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Christmas Presents for the Person Who has Ex-KGB Enemies...

Post by Arborealus »

So you are wondering where to get unique gifts for that Russian Politician friend?...

http://www.unitednuclear.com/

Polonium 210
Cobalt 90
Uranium 238

All manner of Alpha, Beta and Gamma emitters...And a wide variety of pretty cool chemicals...:)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I just have a bumper sticker that says I Brake For Ex-KGB Russian Dictators.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

There's a pretty cool Periodic Table of the Elements on that site...as well as many other cool things :)

Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Yeah...I wish they had some Tritium Tubes left...:/...

Still, some really cool stuff for science geeks...:)

http://www.unitednuclear.com/sodiumpolydemo.mov lol love this demo

http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm <3 the supermagnet warnings information it just screams play with me :D

http://www.unitednuclear.com/surplus.htm ROFL

Yanno if I had that xray tube, some of the hollow disc super magnets, and the high voltage power source....and of course a goodly quantity of the heavy lead shielding...I could make a spiffy X Ray Cannon...lol
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, those tubes would have rocked. I didn't see a message about them never being back in stock like the Uranium Glass though. Maybe they will get more before Christmas! Wouldn't that be some fun stuff to send to people on your Christmas list!

I was thinking the same thing about the 1 1/2" Sphere Magnets. I really want to order two just so I CAN try to pull two of them apart!

hehe, I like what they start out with on the Giant X-Ray Tube:
This is a huge, high power X-Ray tube. It appears to be functional, although we have never attempted to energize it. Quite frankly, we're afraid of it.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

Isn't united nuclear Bob Lazar's company? The man claims that he worked with UFOs at Area 51. :roll:
cweeedit cwuunch
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Haven't you ever watched Stargate: SG-1? Area 51 is where they put all the technology they find, duh.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bob Lazar reminds me of the pilot in Mad Max/Road Warrior.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

http://www.unitednuclear.com/isotopes.htm

There's an interesting note on the Polonium-210.

From what i remember, only the gamma and beta rays are harmful, correct? Alpha particles are blocked by very thin membranes such as skin.
i am a liberal.
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

Skin stops it because of the keratinized layer of dead cells, but alpha radiation (a Helium atom with two neutrons and no electrons) is extremely harmful if ingested- it doesn't have to penetrate anything as it has direct access to the cells of your body, where it can cause chemical damage, as well as rapid mutations which may lead to loss of organ function or cancer. Alpha radiation is the most harmful type of exposure, *if* inhaled/ingested.

Beta radiation (the equivalent of an electron, but oridinating from a neutron in the nucleus) can penetrate tissue slightly. Therefore it can cause more widespread damage than alpha radiation, but the damage is also more dispersed. Short term external exposure can lead to burns on the skin, while internal exposure can cause more lethal internal damage.

Gamma particles are high energy photons ejected by the nucleus of an atom. They have substantially more energy than alpha or beta particles, but are also substantially less massive. They tend to pass through tissue without colliding- therefore the damage caused by gamma radiation is extremely diffuse.
Traz Blackwolfe (Retired)
--------------------
I could turn you inside out
What I choose not to do