Beth Hart

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Beth Hart

Post by Chmee »

Had someone link to some of her songs on youtube on a different forum recently and its pretty good stuff. I picked up her live CD and I like it quite a bit, worth checking out.

Youtube links.

Monkeyback
Leave the Light On
Lifts You Up
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I only have a couple of her songs, and only know of her through Sheryl. IIRC she is either from Vegas, or was getting some radio play in Vegas.

With that random crap aside, she is fan-fucking-tastic. Her vocals and lyrics blow me away.

(i'm making a note now to finally search and find some more of her albums)

edit. the two i have are "Mamma" (she literally goes OFF vocally) and "LA Song" (the lyrics in this one I love.)

"She drank so hard the bottle ached."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I like her music.. But she's one of the few artists I can't watch live. Don't know what it is!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

ohhh yeah i saw her live an eternity ago, she opened for a show i went and saw at the hard rock. maybe 1999-2000 ish? she was awesome.

i honestly don't know if she was a local act or not, and i haven't followed her much since the cd that has the songs on it that owen mentioned. screamin' for my supper i think is the cd name. she's got one of those crazy janis joplin kind of voices, it's a cool sound. :)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Did a wee bit of research, she's out of LA.

She has 4 albums. 1 of which is a live release. Screamin for My Supper was from 99, and Leave the Light on from 2003 are considered prime.
Immortal is from 96 and looks like her first album. I read good things, but also that it's a bit rough, as debut attempts often are.
Finally, the Live album "Live from Paradiso" is from 2005 and I haven't found a bad review of it yet, heh.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Live from the Paridiso is the one one I have (there is also a DVD of this). I just got Leave the Light On from Amazon as well but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.