new ebay..... if anyone cares...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Bratly
Gets Around
Gets Around

new ebay..... if anyone cares...

Post by Bratly »

http://www.playerauctions.com/listings/ ... 1039570108

i find it funny that CT is letting this girl sell her account with her aow mask.. hell, when i sold bratly they scared the guy into giveing all the tradeable stuff back..

-brad
Last edited by Bratly on December 12, 2002, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

She left CT a few days ago.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Fuck you Bratly, you worthless piece of ass-hanging, semi-gelatinous dog shit.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Doh, Sueven quit? :(
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Bratly
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bratly »

Toshira wrote:Fuck you Bratly, you worthless piece of ass-hanging, semi-gelatinous dog shit.
I am sorry that one of your officers quit and ebayed.. thats my fault.. have a good day tosh.

-brad
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

*insert witty bard comment here*
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Xouqoa wrote:Doh, Sueven quit? :(
seconded :(
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Bratly wrote:
I am sorry that one of your officers quit and ebayed.. thats my fault.. have a good day tosh.

-brad
Toshira isn't in CT retard.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Bratly
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bratly »

Karae wrote:
Bratly wrote:

-brad
tosh left CT? humm.... thanks for the info.. did not know that.

-brad
Drewno
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drewno »

With all due respect, Bratly - Why would any of this be your business?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Karae wrote:
Bratly wrote:

-brad
Karae took his place although no tag.
Drewno
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drewno »

Karae took his place although no tag.
Actually, Karae relaced an insignificant peice of shit shaman we once had in CT...what was his name? Oh yeah - Winnow.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

you go draino!
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Few observations on this thread.

Bratly is an ASSHAT.

Kaluian/Sueven FUCKING MAKES ME SICK, posting some long story about not selling the account but merely logging off in a favorite game spot then not coming back. Then selling, what BS, I guess she found some guy who does not like EQ. I counted her as a good person, guess I was wrong.

Toshira is not CT, and is lamering around on a gimp server.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Lexien
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lexien »

And i am trolling
65 Deceiver
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

So much h8. :(

What you all need is a good leg humping!
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Kylere wrote:Few observations on this thread.

Bratly is an ASSHAT.

Kaluian/Sueven FUCKING MAKES ME SICK, posting some long story about not selling the account but merely logging off in a favorite game spot then not coming back. Then selling, what BS, I guess she found some guy who does not like EQ. I counted her as a good person, guess I was wrong.

Toshira is not CT, and is lamering around on a gimp server.
Quitting/Ebaying is there really a difference if your not comming back your not comming back.
Lexien
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lexien »

Im not coming back! that reminds me i should change my signature
65 Deceiver
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

700$ is pretty cheap for all that droppable stuff she had
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

that is a nice account for $700, i'd agree w/ you momo
Bratly
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bratly »

Drewno wrote:With all due respect, Bratly - Why would any of this be your business?
none to be honest, but it gives us something to talk about.

-brad
Pyronius Flamebringer
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Pyronius Flamebringer »

i find it funny that CT is letting this girl sell her account with her aow mask
How exactly do you stop someone? Not as if we can spank her and make her give it back.

And yes Winnow is a retard.
Sparty is my hero.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

I miss you too Kyle *HUGS* - *ASSSQUEEZE*

-Tosh
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pyronius Flamebringer wrote:
i find it funny that CT is letting this girl sell her account with her aow mask
How exactly do you stop someone? Not as if we can spank her and make her give it back.

And yes Winnow is a retard.
Gee pyro, who's your friend of the week?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Few notes:

Kaluian was a competent and fun player. It's nice to see people get bashed when they leave a game. Opinions change so fast. Riding off into the sunset or selling on eBay. What's the difference? The nice note she wrote for CT was to make some of the fragile members of CT feel better so another "guild is getting weaker, guild is falling apart" thread didn't crank up...oh wait, too late.

Tosh was the best officer CT ever had. I can't believe I'm seeing "some" members of CT bash him. Short sighted, stupid fucks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't see many bashing Kaluian for leaving the game. However not giving back tradeable loots that were awarded to her was in poor taste in my opinion and some of us expected a little more.

On the topic of gnomes, we need more of those. /punt gnome.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Valgul
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Valgul »

I agree with Winnow, Toshira was the BEST officer CT ever had.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Few Notes:

Toshira was one of the finest officers CT ever had. I find no cause to bash him at all. Hes always been a stand up guy and great player. And he is missed in CT.

Ebaying is NOT the same as retiring. Sure, the person is lost to the guild either way. But Ebaying lets some stranger reap the rewards of the character that the guild as a whole put effort into. Ebaying is gimp. Always will be. It was wrong when Xan profitted thru ebay. Its just as wrong for Kaluian.

Three years of friendship and dediction for a whopping $700.

Pathetic
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

700.00 over a friendship? That goes both ways. Losing a friend because they eBayed is lame as well. They don't owe the guild squat. It's not like Kaluian or anyone else didn't help umpteen other people get their equipment in the guild. What's their is theirs, especially for a member of over 2 years. If you were paranoid about giving people loot before than you'll be even more paranoid now that a guildleader and another officer have eBayed with loot.

Factor in members of the guild leaving with the items they possess and you'll have much less stress and save some friendships.

Friendships > guild keeping a little loot that the person leaving had every right to keep. Why not put a gay note in your rules stating members must give all droppable loot back to the guild (as if it would help) when they leave?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i dont have any comment on kaluian's situation, none of my business really.

I have always been of the opinion that since loot is acquired through group efforts, groups have a stake in it. Certainly, individuals dedicate lots of personal energy to EQ and time as well, and they do earn rewards for this service, loot the most tangible among these. So i certainly understand the mindset of "i earned this stuff, droppable or not, it is mine."

my personal opinion on the matter would be, if i were to ever sell my account, would be to give the guild the items that were useful to them. If i were in charge of a guild, i would expect that out of members as well. but i'm also not foolish enough to understand the financial constraints that people may find themselves in. We've all invested absurd amounts of time in this game, and some more than others at considerable personal expense. There is some legitimacy to the slant that when somebody is leaving they feel the need to recoup some money from the time invested.

perhaps also ebaying makes it easier to leave the game from a psychological standpoint as well. It severs some social ties, which are the biggest draw in the game,...kind of burning the bridge after you cross the gorge :).
Drozified
No Stars!

Re.

Post by Drozified »

Hey Tosh, hope all is going well drop me a line :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If every person gave back their loot, the last man standing in the guild would have a shitload of loot!. The fact is that most guilds will wither away or split up, merge, whatever.

The loot given back would most likely go to a newb in the guild who hasn't earned the loot. If you made your 5 year guild plans assuming you wouldnt need to re-equip new members and have some members leave than that's your own fault.

Who knows which direction a guild will go. If Kaluian was upset with the way the guild was heading why should she give the loot back that she earned...perhaps she should have been given some extra loot when she departed because she did more than her share for CT. Toshira maybe should have been given a 500K severance because he damn sure did more than any of you speaking on this thread, myself included for CT.

So have fun each time someone leaves wasting your time worrying over droppable loot.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think Winnow is too interested in what CT is doing these days. What CT does or doesn't do you shouldn't give two shits about.

I also disagree 100% with him in regards to the not giving guild awarded No Drop stuff back. If I leave CT I will be giving the AoW legs back despite my belief that I've "put in my time" to the guild. It seems the only right thing to do. If I did decide to keep them and sell on eBay or whatever I know damn well I'd get flamed for it so I wouldn't be shocked about it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Asl, you never spoke again about OG after leaving or read their boards?

The eBay/loot thing isn't connected to CT. I wouldn't dictate what people do or judge someone over some droppable loot.

To me there is no connection of leaving the game entirely and owing the guild. On the other hand, if someone used CT to advance to FoH or COED, then droppable loot should go back to the guild.

When it comes to guilds though, why is someone locked into one? Guild directions change. Guilds stagnate. We should all be back in Obsidian Guard (along with half the server) if we were locked into a guild.

That said, if I "chose" to leave a guild I would give back my droppable items.
Last edited by Winnow on December 12, 2002, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i disagree.

i think there is a clear distinction between leaving a guild while continueing with the game and ebaying.

I left a guild 10 months ago, and I wasnt going to give back my BP which was droppable. Hell no.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Homercles wrote:
Ebaying is NOT the same as retiring. Sure, the person is lost to the guild either way. But Ebaying lets some stranger reap the rewards of the character that the guild as a whole put effort into.

Pathetic
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Tosh is the best officer CT ever had.

A few notes on Kaluian leaving - I knew she wanted to join FoH, she applied to FoH. I was fine with it when she left CT - She did it well - and she didn't play games with it, she just left. If someone doesn't want to be in CT - I don't want them in CT.

Kal and I were close and I considered her one of my better friends in CT.

When I asked for the AoW mask back - I did this because obviously - Someone in CT could have used it as an upgrade. She told me she'd give it back when she quit playing EQ. I told her I was disapointed in her.

Then the next day - Someone told me about the auction. This came to a huge surprise for me - Kal is one of the greatest people I have met in EQ - I truely mean that. I think most people who play EQ know what it feels like to be let down by someone you trusted - It is not any fun for anyone.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

What really sucks is that some ass resaler is going to buy the account, sell the AoW mask for a couple hundred dollars, sell all the other dropable items, and make some great cash on the 170k. Place a bunch of crap items in the spots, and sell the character as a shadow of the former self for another 500 dollars. Then making a minimum of $1000... Sad to see good characters get trashed by greedy fucks...
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Homercles wrote:
Ebaying is NOT the same as retiring. Sure, the person is lost to the guild either way. But Ebaying lets some stranger reap the rewards of the character that the guild as a whole put effort into.

Pathetic
I have heard this lame ass argument so often it is retarded.

1. In order for someone to be awarded loot they have to be well regarded in the guild.
2. They have to have attended more than their share of raids, epic encounters, big mob kills.
3. They were awarded the loot much the same as everyone else in the guild with the same level of committment etc.

To say when guildmember_01 leaves and that they owe anything to their previous guild is stunned.

To those people who piss and moan about such things I ask, has this person not done just as much for others in the guild?

When they leave are they entitled to pieces of everyone elses gear that they were in attendance for?

Ebay retire it is all the same. Stop yer snivelling and get over the fact that someone is getting some dough for the huge time sink they have put into EQ.

Personally I will not likely ebay Atokal rather the day I decide to leave EQ I will likely give him to someone in game who I respect.

Cheers
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

The person who won the auction has a high feedback rating ... sounds like someone is going to turn around and sell it again for higher bucks, or strip the droppable gear and sell them piece by piece.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Yeah, hes definately a resaler... Expect to see an AOW mask on Player Auctions within two weeks, in addition to 4 30k and 1 50k auctions for the Veeshan server...
Last edited by Rivera Bladestrike on December 12, 2002, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Drewno wrote:Actually, Karae relaced an insignificant peice of shit shaman we once had in CT...what was his name? Oh yeah - Winnow.
ROFL. Winnow's chat is a chick and he's still twice the man you can ever hope to be.. Now please do us all a favor and stfu thx
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

come the fuck on winnow
if someone leaves then its a loss or whatever, with dropable items etc
but if you have high end droppable items that a guild awarded you its just fuckin courtesy to give em back over stack another 150 on your ebay account
pretty tasteless act but kalu was great and will be missed :cry:
Lexien
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lexien »

Damn i should of ebayed!
65 Deceiver
Drewno
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drewno »

Winnow, you're a dumbass.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Lex - I'd like to personally thank you for giving Lexien to a CT member - That was extremely generous and kind of you.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Atokal wrote:
Homercles wrote:

Pathetic
I have heard this lame ass argument so often it is retarded.

1. In order for someone to be awarded loot they have to be well regarded in the guild.
2. They have to have attended more than their share of raids, epic encounters, big mob kills.
3. They were awarded the loot much the same as everyone else in the guild with the same level of committment etc.

To say when guildmember_01 leaves and that they owe anything to their previous guild is stunned.

To those people who piss and moan about such things I ask, has this person not done just as much for others in the guild?

When they leave are they entitled to pieces of everyone elses gear that they were in attendance for?

Ebay retire it is all the same. Stop yer snivelling and get over the fact that someone is getting some dough for the huge time sink they have put into EQ.

Personally I will not likely ebay Atokal rather the day I decide to leave EQ I will likely give him to someone in game who I respect.

Cheers
I agree with Atokal 100%.

Having said that, I'm personally not in favor of Ebaying. When I left the game, I gave all of my droppable gear back to my guild.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's a personal choice. It ranks up there with abortion. I'm pro choice. :D Don't get all excited if you disagree.

I can see new guild's forming for EQ2 now...

Section B Paragraph 3: If you are awarded droppable loot, you must digitally sign a form that binds your character to our guild for the next year.

Guilds will lease players with contracts. Players will go to the highest bidding guilds.

The fun will fade replaced by the all consuming stress over plat and loot. CT couldn't afford to boot people due to salary cap issues. Zeepnome would have been hit with the franchise tag by OG! COED might pay 1 Billion PP to steal Furor from FoH. Chaos! I'd prefer to leave the business simulator aspect out of this game.
Drewno wrote:Winnow, you're a dumbass.
I can see CT has already had to use the farm system prematurely.
Kaluian_CT
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kaluian_CT »

I E-bayed,.....

Do I regret it? yes I guess I do. I was extreamly frustrated and angry and I did it when I was in a poor frame of mind.

I didn't do it for money,..as has been mentioned here before I could have got OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more for it, not too mention I don't require money in real life, I am very comfortable.

I guess it was because when I left CT, I was bombarded by questions about my loot. People that I called friends were more concerned with my loot than they were with anything else. They acted as if I had quit EQ. People I quit the guild becuase I wanted to try and goto a place were I could raise the level of my game playing expierience. All of those I called friends were still my friends, but I see now that friend in EQ only applies as long as you have the same tag.

Well, my feelings were hurt, and unfortunatly I made a quick and rash decision. As I said before,...I regret it, but it's too late now.

To those that truely did care,....Kilmoll, Cerberus, Karae, Oberion, Kavden, and Taelan I truely appologize for the way I left and I probably should have talked to one or all of you more before I made rash decisions. I'll miss you guys with all my heart and I thank you for your tact and ear when I left CT.

Farewell Guys

Kal/Sue
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kaluian_CT wrote:
All of those I called friends were still my friends, but I see now that friend in EQ only applies as long as you have the same tag.
The Tag friendship only applies to the people that don't "get" what friendship is.