roofles

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

roofles

Post by Zamtuk »

planetside just reactivated my account for 30 days
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

You know, I really wish someone would take the advancement system that was in place in planetside and make a more playable game of it.

The idea behind the game was absolutely great. But sony's implementation of it left me wanting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Speaking of fun game designs that should be used again, Toontown's system was a blast to play and reminiscent of the Final Fantasy X battle system. I'd like to see a MMORPG with an open environment that sucks you temporarily into turn based battles with 1 to maybe 6 people and then pops you back out into the free roaming world again. I see room for a game like that along with the ability to port to your friends at any time.

nix the toontalker though!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Before they made Planetside a zergfest with artillery, it was a very fun game. I still may very well play for 30 days though just to relive some old times.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Beta with all you guys was an absolute blast, but I lost most of the enjoyment when the lattice was implemented.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:Speaking of fun game designs that should be used again, Toontown's system was a blast to play and reminiscent of the Final Fantasy X battle system. I'd like to see a MMORPG with an open environment that sucks you temporarily into turn based battles with 1 to maybe 6 people and then pops you back out into the free roaming world again. I see room for a game like that along with the ability to port to your friends at any time.

POKEMON ONLINE! HELLS YEAH!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: roofles

Post by Boogahz »

Zamtuk wrote:planetside just reactivated my account for 30 days
Damn, I didn't get that email :(

I was actually playing Planetside off and on until November. I kept it active as part of my StationPass.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Boogahz, I didn't get the email either. I went, downloaded their client online, and poof. I have 14 days now. The only problem was remembering which station account i used for planetside. Once I got that up and going, the game is working fine now for (I assume) 14 days.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thx for the info Kaldaur, going to try that myself.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Game was so pimp in early beta. Such a shame what they did with it.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It was actually decent until the first expansion that gave artillery and such. It was not as good as beta mind you, but if you had a good crew, you could still have some fun. If we had the old VVetworks people playing on occasion, I would probably still have kept my account active just to tear it up with them once in a while.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Got the email also... Was very tempted to reinstall it last night. Perhaps tonight.. ;)

According to the the PS forums the TR are next to non-existent on Markov!
Hooray Beer!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

heh gonna see if i can find the client for download :)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Maybe we should coordinate a day where all the old VVetworks folks can log in and just do some damage for old time's sake.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

i would if soe would ever send me my fucking password.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I was on a lil earlier. I got shot in the face trying to be a stealth ninja hax.

I did however get the hack!

Most everything is the same. They added a simple weapon or two, and a basic vehicle or two to fill in gaps. There are some training missions that you get like 500xp each for. Oh and the interstellar map thing is different now, but self explanatory.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

One of my favorite additions was the SEP, support experience. You can get xp for repairs to turrets, vehicles and such.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

hmmmm....I think you may see Kilmoll tonight gaining fat exp for the VVetworks!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Winnow wrote:Speaking of fun game designs that should be used again, Toontown's system was a blast to play and reminiscent of the Final Fantasy X battle system. I'd like to see a MMORPG with an open environment that sucks you temporarily into turn based battles with 1 to maybe 6 people and then pops you back out into the free roaming world again. I see room for a game like that along with the ability to port to your friends at any time.

Ever heard of The Realm? Thats the game I played before EQ, and thats exactly what it was. Well, not exactly, the fighting system wasnt like FF10, but in order to attack creatures or people you would have to click them and click attack. When you did this, it would make a cloud with fists, swords, etc flying in and out of it and you would go to a battle screen. In the battle screen, it was all turn based.

I loved that game, and I actually even went back and played it again after I quit EQ. Its still fun, but its not like it used to be.

It is still around if you want to check it out, but the graphics arent shit compared to recent games. Its about as old as Ultima Online. http://www.realmserver.com/