Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ender's game

Post by Kylere »

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/12/21/0 ... =97&tid=99
Arramol writes "IGN reports that difficulties in hammering out a screenplay have resulted in more delays for the Ender's Game movie. Despite attempts by several teams of writers, no script has yet been written that meets necessary standards in the minds of Warner Brothers or author Orson Scott Card. The latest plan involves an entirely new script written by Card himself."
I cannot imagine it being that bad if Card writes the actual script.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

How hard can it be to write the script when you have the damn book? I just hope the early stuff in his childhood doesn't become flashbacks in the movie.
Siebenn
No Stars!

Post by Siebenn »

Movie adaptation is tough. what to cut what to keep. i wonder what there budget will be on cgi alone and how to even script that. Is the future that card painted realistic to grab attention of the non book reader. Where is the love story. Ender is a boy of 12. Sex sells sadly. Card shoudl get up with the serenanity director since he trust and respect his judgement with both of them they could double the nerd fan base they would bring in alone.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Judging from his shitty taste in movies, I have little faith in Orson Card's ability to write a decent screenplay.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Judging from his shitty taste in movies, I have little faith in Orson Card's ability to write a decent screenplay.
A little bell should go off in your head alerting you to the fact that most VVers like the same movie you dislike and this is a pretty critical bunch to please. Judging from that, if you're the only one disappointed again, it would be a good indicator that an entertaining movie has been produced.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah because liking Serenity = 'shitty taste in movies'. Now, if he wrote a gushing article on Star Wars Episode 3 saying "OMG it was the bestest ever movie in the entire universe!!" then I could see your point.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

The last time I heard Card speak he said the movie was going to combine both Ender's and Bean's stories so that probably is where the hold up is.
Adelrune Argenti
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Serenity wasn't even the first thing that came to mind (I've seen so many horrible movies since, that Serenity actually seems pretty good in hindsight)... he's just got some real stinkers in his Best Films Ever Made (You've Got Mail, Ghost, Deep Impact) and even more in his Other Favorites list.

What he consideres a good or great film does not mesh with my tastes.
Therefore, in my opinion, any film that he has direct involment with (especially with writing the screenplay) would probably not be something I would go out of my way to see.

I have fond memories of Ender's Game.
Seeing a poorly done (in my opinon) adaptation would be the same as the sickness I felt when watching War of the Worlds.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z