osu vs texas

What do you think about the sports world?
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

osu vs texas

Post by Zamtuk »

wow. great fucking game.

way to choke zwick.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Great game.

I had hoped to see Milton get in the endzone (think he'll be a beast in a year or two), but after watching the replays it was a good call.

This is the type of game I like to see. Both teams had chances, and the defense stepped up when they needed to. As a Texas fan, the safety was a great way to cap off what the defense had been doing throughout the game when Smith was in.

I am already looking forward to OSU here in Austin next year. I hope it will be just as good regardless of the outcome.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Yea the defense kept us in the game, two turnovers inside the 20 and 6 points out of it. Vince had his ups and downs, but he came through in the end. The two freshman running backs look really good, Jamaal Charles had a really good game with his key rushes at the end and his reception to set up the field goal before the end of the half.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

It was a good game all the way around.

I just don't understand why zwick was in the game with 2 minutes to go and down by one. He has no arm to throw the deep ball and Troy Smith does.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

You can't win a game against a team like Texas if you get two turnovers, one on Texas' 20, the other on Texas' 30, and only get a field goal each out of them. That's just fucken' sad, and speaks volumes to the coaching abilities of a very predictable Ohio State team.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Kluden wrote:You can't win a game against a team like Texas if you get two turnovers, one on Texas' 20, the other on Texas' 30, and only get a field goal each out of them. That's just fucken' sad, and speaks volumes to the coaching abilities of a very predictable Ohio State team.
did you even watch the game?
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Zwick was in the game because he is a more accurate passer than Smith. With 2 minutes to go, you want to march down the field efficiently, not just throw the ball up several times and hope you get lucky. Smith has good scrambling ability but that burns clock time to run around.

It was a good game but OSU should have done better than field goals for all the opportunities they had. A single touchdown instead of a field goal would have won the game for them.
Deward
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Deward wrote:Zwick was in the game because he is a more accurate passer than Smith.
You evidently haven't watched that much OSU football lately. The only reason Zwick may have a higher completion percentage is that basically all he throws are screen passes. Anything over 10 yards wobbles like a wounded duck that my 8 year old son can throw.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

Sabek, I gotta find that post a month or so ago about this game!

It was an awesome game that had me on the edge of my seat the entire game. UT goes up 10-0 and I'm thinking this thing is overwith. OSU nuts up and scores 16 unanswered points while simultaneously shutting down VY.

I was really scared for UT because of our ability to suck in these types of games, mostly due to our OC going into the fetal position, but amazingly enough he trusted VY to throw the ball. VY threw the ball very nice all night, with the exception of thinking he is god and put that interception right into AJ Hawk's stomach.

I really didn't think those 3 burly white dudes were going to slow down VY, but the job the OSU defense did was admirable. It only was topped by that of the Texas defense who continuely worked with only half of a field and continued to hold them to FGs. At the same time, we missed a few turnover chances.

You had to know that missing that FG was a bad sign, and then VY put on his cape and brought the game home for Texas.

Great game, I'm going to try and score some tickets for the rematch in Austin next year.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yes I watched the game, and I think it is obvious from the two offensive series I reference that occured in the first half.

Maybe you missed that part of the game?

Here's the first one:
3rd and 5 at TEX 40 Vince Young pass intercepted by Bobby Carpenter at the Texas 42, returned for 24 yards to the Texas 18.

4th and 11 at TEX 19 Josh Huston 39 yard field goal GOOD.
And here's the second one:
2nd and 1 at TEX 29 Selvin Young rush for no gain, fumbled at the Texas 30, forced by Jay Richardson, recovered by AJ Hawk at the Texas 30.

4th and Goal at TEX 8 Josh Huston 25 yard field goal GOOD.

Ok, so what did I miss that you saw in those two series?

yes, I thought it was a good game, BUT I think OSU should of/could of had a much better showing. I saw the exact same plays run over and over again. No elements of surprise or tactics going after certain components of Texas' defense.

I'm sure what they were running was what they saw as weak on film...BUT...gametime adjustments are where its at...way to drop the ball and lose!!!

That loss is more coaching than player issues. And that was obvious to those watching the game...so yes, I did watch the game.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

I think the fact that OSU was able to adjust to what Texas was doing after they went up 10-0 in the first two series shows that the coaching staff did make adjustments. However, the failure to convert the turnovers into touchdowns was not completely the failure of OSU, you have to give some credit to the Texas defense. Like one of the Ohio columnists said he hadn't seen team speed like that since they played Miami in the championship game.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein