Battlefield 2

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Rellix wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:It's a fun game, but it's just BF1942 with better graphics and physics. I played the demo map about 10 times and it was already like I'd played it a thousand times. I had the same feeling like when I played the original to death. If it had at least 20 maps, I would buy it, but 12? I don't fucking think so!
You clearly didn't join a squad.. or at least one that had leadership/knew what it was doing.
Yeah, the squads are were it's at. Some real teamwork going on there using the color coding and designated target markers etc. I imagine if you had a "guild" that used mics, you'd be kicking some ass. Even without them, it's pretty easy after awhile to get your squad going in the same vehicle or area (just don't run them over). There's lots of unintentional ally deaths in this game. Must be Canadian players : )

Hmmm reading boogers's post, I thought of an exploit...I wonder if you could have a guy keep jumping off a building and revive him for points to win a game.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

It's possible, but I think that certain deaths cannot be revived such as that. I know that being outside a vehicle and having it explode can keep you from calling for a medic.
I haven't tried leaping off of a building. You should be able to tell pretty easilly. Just jump and try left-clicking to see if it calls a medic. I am willing to bet that if you can call them, they can get the points. It might not let you be revived too many times in a certain time period though.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I've revived people up to 4 (or was it 5?) times before they vanished on me. I play the medic almost exclusively.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

You're right, I never joined a squad. I'll play it a bit more in depth later and repost.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

From PlanetBattlefield.com forums
COMMANDER MODE EXPLAINED!

I'm going to start from scratch as if whoever is reading this never knew about Commander options.

First look over on the right when picking your soldier kit(class such as sniper,engineer,ect). Then on top you'll see a squad tab.Go into that tab and You'll see commander up top.You'll either see an apply button or mutiny. Apply means no commander has been chosen for your team yet.Mutiny is so you can kick your commander if you think he is not doing his job(or if you just want his job).

Now assuming you're voted in, While you're ALIVE,hit the commander key(caps lock is default)to bring up your Map and options. Then on the left you'll see squads separated into groups and you'll see various icons representing the soldier kits within that squad.Highlight the squad you wish to give orders to then goto the map and right click which orders(from a drop menu when you right click)you want them to follow.

Squad leaders can also ask for certain requests such as supplies,artillery or UAV. To see these,on your map you'll see a white circle highlighting the area in which they want these requests. Right clicking them gives you a menu that simply says accept or reject their request.

Now You have other options as well.On the left where you highlight which squad you wish to give orders too, if you right click on that specific squad a different menu drops down. Within this menu you'll find commands such as Watch out artillery coming, Telling a squad that they better listen to you and even being able to Disband a squad if they persist to ignore your orders.

The buttons on the left side on top show Artillery,UAV,SCAN, and Supplies. These are pretty basic.Left click the button then go over to the map and left click where you want these items to go or destroy.
If certain bases are taken by the enemy then the item which is controlled by that base will be greyout. If you have just used the item you'll see an energy bar timer letting you know when you can use it again.

Artillery means just that,to blow up a radius that you or one of your teammates pick. make sure that you tell your squads if they are near that you plan to send artilley where they are.You must tell each squad individually this.UAV is a drone plane that sends a signal to you and your troops letting you see enemy movement in a certain radius.This is especially helpful when picking an artilley target.Scan is what it means.It scans the entire map to show you(not sure if your teammates see this)where ALL enemy movement is for a brief moment.Very helpful when trying to figure out where enemy troops are moving in from.
And finally Supplies. These Supply boxes are much need pieces that help your ground troops survive in the battlefield. They heal you and rearm you and I even think they repair vehicles. I pretty sure I did that once. Make sure you drop these somewhere where they won't get stuck on a roof or drop them out in the open where your troops can get shot.

I suggest practice this by yourself for a few minutes due to people being VERY impatient with people learning commander mode even though we are ALL Still learning it.

Use commands wisely especially artillery as you may need them at a specific time and have to wait until the bar fills up to use it then its too late.

I hope this helps all of you as I think it was a MUCH needed guide. Anything you may want to add is only going to help the next guy and even me if I missed anything. So far I know that commanders only talk to squad leaders and then they relay that info back to their team.So its important to have as many squads as possible to make your team work as a complete unit.

Good luck and have fun!!!
[added Jun 12 2005 4:45PM]

Also I do know there is a limit on how many squads that can be made as I played only 1 game that filled this limit.I saw somebody posting how to make 255 player games but thats pretty crazy since you can only have so many people in a squad and so many squads.

Maybe they can adjust squad limits as well.
Hooray Beer!
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

On shelves today.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

EB told us tomorrow.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Best Buy told me today, so I bring in and show my pre-order box to the checkout thug at the doorway, as he guides me towards customer service.

I arrive at customer service:

BB: "Huh.. is it defective or somethin?"
Me: "No, this is the pre-order box that I bought last week. Your store told me you'd have the game today, and I'm here for my reserved copy."
BB: "Oh uh.. yeah give me a minute"

**PA system** "Media services to customer service, media services to customer service."

BB guy #2 comes up to me:

BB(#2): "Hey what's the problem?"
BB(#1): "Oh this guy says this box is defective or somethin"
Me: "No.. I bought the pre-order and want the game that I reserved. Your store said it would be here today, so where is it?
BB(#2): "Uh let me check for it"

**10 minutes pass.. BB guy #1 picks up my box, turns his back to me and just keeps staring at the pictures and features on the back**

BB(#2): "Yeah we have it.. but it's not here yet. "
Me: "What do you mean by that.. if it's not here you don't have it."
BB(#2): "What we mean by that is that the shipment is on it's way.. and it will be here tonight when we restock after closing"
Me: "So.. ignoring the fact that you lie about your release dates.. will the game be coming with this shipment"
BB(#2): "Uh I don't really know.. all I know is that the sell date is today and we have shipments on Tuesday night"
Me: "Fine, I'll be back tomorrow"
BB(#2): "Ok and if it's not here tomorrow it will be here by the weekend hopefully"

So I walk away pretty pissed off.. but then I realize it's just a game and I can live a day without it, and leap towards the exit.

This was the first time I actually bought a pre-order box in a store (barring Diablo II at EB). I vow to never do it again (at least through Best Buy.. and will stick with buying on ebgames.com .. I've gotten good service from them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It was out yesterday on the newsgroups. That doesn't help much for the online part of it though which is where all the fun is.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Rellix wrote:This was the first time I actually bought a pre-order box in a store (barring Diablo II at EB). I vow to never do it again (at least through Best Buy.. and will stick with buying on ebgames.com .. I've gotten good service from them.
which is retarded because i have yet to see a single game get sold out anywhere. (yes that includes halo 2 and GTA) unless there is a special deal and/or cool extras, then preorders are retarded. not preordering has never stopped me from just walking in and grabbing a copy of whichever game i wanted it.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I pre-ordered GTA:SA for the ps2 from best buy. I went there the day they told me, I went to customer service, they looked at my slip, picked up the game from a box, and rung it up. I left with my game in 10 minutes.

Guess your BB sucks, or mine rocks.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Zamtuk wrote:
Rellix wrote:This was the first time I actually bought a pre-order box in a store (barring Diablo II at EB). I vow to never do it again (at least through Best Buy.. and will stick with buying on ebgames.com .. I've gotten good service from them.
which is retarded because i have yet to see a single game get sold out anywhere. (yes that includes halo 2 and GTA) unless there is a special deal and/or cool extras, then preorders are retarded. not preordering has never stopped me from just walking in and grabbing a copy of whichever game i wanted it.
Shit gets sold out here so extremely fast.. you have to be there on the day of release within the first hour of opening or you're screwed.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

So I went to another Best Buy in hopes of getting the game during my lunch break. I bring in the pre-order box, and instead head to the pc game stock before customer service. I start seeing a few boxes left and I get excited. I come a few steps closer and see that they're pre-order boxes. I start heading towards customer service and show them my box, he asks for the receipt and I show him the purchase, while covering the location with my finger.

He says "ok, would you like to go pick out your box?"
I raise my eyebrow.
"Well if there's none over there and there's none on this table (*he points to a table 10 feet from him*) then we're out, and you can come back when we get more."
I ask, "So your pre-order stock is the same as the ones you put on the shelves, and this table that every customer passes, which they can simply pick up and purchase."
"Yes sir"
"Then what was the point of me purchasing this."
"I'm not sure sir, I'm not in marketing."
"And when do you think this will be in?"
"Possibly sometime next week."

Sigh, I'm just glad I still have one shot with the real store..
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Best Buy said Friday, so I said screw you and went to EB at the mall.

Bought two copies, one in DVD and one in CD (don't ask) for the family gamers.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't see why anyone would ever pre order a game unless maybe it's downloadable content released before it hits the stores or let you into a beta test that you otherwise couldn't get into. Right away you're stuck with the 10.00 hit and have to buy it at the store you pre ordered it from.

I remember with any EQ expansion I'd just call around or hit Frys/Walmards/Best Buy/Wherever and grab them at lunch the day of release.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

eh.. before eq went downloadable, expansions would take a week to actually be available on shelves.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I keep thinking that the Best Buy I went to originally said they would have it in-stock today, but I did not plan to pick it up until this weekend when I could actually spend some time playing it.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I went ahead and picked up my copy today. Just a few tidbits from the manual to give an idea of some of the features while I install:

Worried about being sniped as a tank gunner? Remember that you can duck to conceal yourself during a firefight.

Think you're safe from an enemy tank simply by hiding behind that tin fence? Think again. Most high-caliber weapons can penetrate materials and structures such as fences, bunkers, etc.

Don't want the enemy to cross that bridge? Blow it up! Many bridges are destructible...but that doesn't mean they can't be repaired.

Be careful when you fire at an enemy tank. Tanks now have reflective armor, so if you fire a round at an enemy tank at the wrong angle it might ricochet and hit a nearby teammate.

To spice up an air fight, use land-based anti-air weapon platforms to lock onto and take down enemy aircraft.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It's a fun game, but it's just BF1942 with better graphics and physics. I played the demo map about 10 times and it was already like I'd played it a thousand times. I had the same feeling like when I played the original to death. If it had at least 20 maps, I would buy it, but 12? I don't fucking think so!
12 Maps x 3 map sizes (16,32,64man scales) = 36 maps.

You have to look beyond the obvious to see the multitude of "maps" included with BF2.

The capture points on each version of the map change depending on while scaled version you are playing on. Adds new and more powerful weapons to the field also, ie tanks/planes etc.,
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Pre-Order problems?

I know what your talking about. I thought it used to suck after waiting for pre-orders to ship to me, while the store down at the corner already had them in stock.

Solutions? Yes. EBgames, Instore Pickup "pre order"

You put nothing down, EBgames will reserve a copy for you at the store you designate when you order from the website. You get the phone call when the shipment arrives at the store, just go pay for it and pick it up.

Plus, if another store gets it in before EBgames does, you just buy it at the other place and when EB calls you to come pick up your copy.... just tell them you already have it and to "release" your pre-order to the public.

No penalties, No lost money, games in your hands the fastest.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you're into player vs player FPS games, BF2 is the game you should be playing. The team/squad class packages are excellent along with the weapons and vehicles. The only small knock is controlling planes and helicopters but that's probably just me as others do ok.

9/10
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I can't wait to get on some servers with good support classes. I was the only engineer last night on one server (was medic as before but switched because nobody would repair our command units). Being the commander does demand attention. Being the Commander AND the only one basically defending/repairing your units (UAV, Radar, Artillery) is rough. I remember one person that was just being annoying and (the only one) voting for mutiny several times after I warned his squad three times of incoming artillery and he didn't move.

One thing I don't think was mentioned before that has changed is how the environment can react to players moving around. In some places, you will actually see birds "disturbed" and taking flight when someone is near them. I had a couple people claiming that people were cheating when they were found when hiding (in really good hiding spots too). You should see the birds even on the lowest graphics settings, so it is not something that will cause an advantage based on system settings.

Know which vehicles can cross water! Most, if not all, APC's can cross deep water. Too many people in one of the jungle maps kept trying to take the buggys through the water resulting in plenty of teamkills.

Passengers in the larger choppers can airdrop ammo-bags and medkits! Just equip it and throw it out the window to the troops below. This can work very well for your troops when they are entrenched between buildings or trees.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I never preorder. The only problem I ever had with getting EQ expansions when they came out was with the Kunark fiasco. All others I picked up at the mall the day they were released. I never had to wait a week for them to become available.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Getting a good squad together is quite fun! Last night I got into one where everyone used voice and we captured and held a base behind enemy lines for quite a while. It's not CS fun... its more PS fun. :D

Maybe we should get some of us freaks together for some fun. :p

BTW if you see "the_doodoobrown", that's me. Playing mainly on the Official EA servers for now.
Hooray Beer!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The lag on the ranked servers I have found so far has been pretty bad. I am hoping that gets patched soon. I play as Wulfpac_Raven
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

The lag is because the EA rank servers are ridiculously slow-
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

New info on the first expansion to BF2 from Gamespot:
Battlefield 2: Special Forces is proof that EA isn't slow to reload. Less than a month after Battlefield 2 hit shelves, to the delight of countless gamers, EA revealed the first expansion for the game, due out later this year. And, as the name suggests, the focus of this expansion is infantry combat in all its glory. But don't take that to mean that vehicles are going to get the shaft in this expansion, because the producers are keenly aware that the heart of the Battlefield series is the interaction between the infantry and the many different kinds of vehicles.

"The focus is on the infantry experience," explained producer David Yee. "We want all soldiers to feel like supersoldiers running around the map." And judging from what we've seen, that'll certainly be the case, because Special Forces will allow whole new levels of mobility and agility. Trust us when we say you're going to be scaling up buildings and zipping across wide chasms.

Special Forces will introduce six new factions to the game, a huge jump from just the three that shipped with Battlefield 2. So joining the US Marine Corps, the Chinese military, and the fictional Middle Eastern Coalition are the British SAS, the US Navy SEALS, the Russian Spetsnaz, the MEC Special Forces, and two fictional rebel groups, one of which is in conflict with the Spetsnaz. The thing to keep in mind is that these are full-sized factions, so the SEALS will feature six character classes along the lines of the current antitank, assault, support, medic, and more. To arm these new factions, Special Forces will rely on a mix of existing weapons along with 12 new weapons, sprinkled throughout the six new factions to add some variety. And while we're on the topic of content, you'll have 10 new vehicles, including the Apache attack helicopter, which was a popular request among the community.

The big news about the eight new levels is that they will be focused on enhancing the infantry combat. They won't necessarily be smaller than existing levels, and they will still scale from 16, 32, and 64 players. However, expect a lot more tight confines to fight in, such as building interiors and narrow streets. These are places that are unfriendly to vehicles, but heaven for infantry. For now, we understand that the new levels are set in the Middle East and Asian settings of Battlefield 2, and we saw a dry, arid airfield, with huge, lumbering transports waiting on the tarmac, as well as lots of warehouses. "There are a lot more cover objects, a lot more concentrated areas for firefights," Yee said. "They're not smaller, but designed to be better for firefights." These new levels will also introduce new types of dynamic objects, such as doors and elevators, as well as more destructible objects.

You're going to love what special forces will be able to do in these new environments, as well. That's because the designers are putting zip lines and grappling hooks into the game. A zip line lets you shoot out a rope to about 75 meters (that distance is subject to change due to testing), which means that not only can you slide down to the ground quickly from, say, a hotel rooftop, but you can also shoot the rope horizontally to move high above everyone else. The grappling hook will let you either climb up a building quickly (just run up to the side and toss it up) or get down from a tall building quickly. And since this is a team game, you or your buddy can shoot out a grappling line or a zip line and everyone can use it. This also means that you should make sure to pick up your grappling line as you go, because not only will it leave a telltale sign of where you went, but enemy forces can also use it to come up behind you.

The new levels will also feature night levels, which means the introduction of night-vision goggles, and these are being balanced in a realistic way. While night-vision goggles do let you see in the dark, they do so by amplifying minute amounts of existing light. The problem is that if you come upon a bright light source, like a street light, the night-vision goggles amplify that as well. And if the goggles can take something like moonlight and make everything a greenish daylight, a bright light will be amplified to the point where you can't see anything around it. We saw an example of this when two commandos shot at opponents under bright light. One had night-vision goggles on, and you couldn't even make out the enemy, but the commando without night vision could see the targets fine. There will be other cool effects, such as tracer fire and muzzle fire, which will help you locate enemies if you don't have night vision on. Night-vision goggles will have a battery meter of sorts, kind of like your stamina meter, so you won't be able to leave it on all the time.

Since you're dealing with special forces, you will also have the chance to play around with tear gas and flashbang grenades. Tear gas grenades are just that, and they create a noxious cloud that will blur your vision and make it difficult to see anything. The solution will be to don your gas mask, but the price will be that you won't be able to run (it's hard to breathe quickly through the gas mask), and your overall movement will be hindered. Flashbang grenades will also disorient you, and they have the effect of making you unable to see for brief amounts of time.

With all this emphasis on infantry, it's easy to get the idea that vehicles will be eliminated from these new maps, but we're told that there will be armor and other vehicles to play with as well. Special Forces is being developed by Digital Illusion's Canadian studio, which handled Battlefield Vietnam. DICE's Swedish studio, which developed Battlefield 2, will continue to address live issues with the game. We're big fans of Battlefield 2, and all this new content is undoubtedly cool and exciting. In fact, we can't wait to get our hands on it. However, we'll need to wait until it ships later this year.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

The new levels will also feature night levels, which means the introduction of night-vision goggles, and these are being balanced in a realistic way. While night-vision goggles do let you see in the dark, they do so by amplifying minute amounts of existing light. The problem is that if you come upon a bright light source, like a street light, the night-vision goggles amplify that as well. And if the goggles can take something like moonlight and make everything a greenish daylight, a bright light will be amplified to the point where you can't see anything around it. We saw an example of this when two commandos shot at opponents under bright light. One had night-vision goggles on, and you couldn't even make out the enemy, but the commando without night vision could see the targets fine. There will be other cool effects, such as tracer fire and muzzle fire, which will help you locate enemies if you don't have night vision on. Night-vision goggles will have a battery meter of sorts, kind of like your stamina meter, so you won't be able to leave it on all the time.
I just think its funny that they felt the need to explain all that.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I chuckled at that as well. I am not sure who they thought the audience would be that read it.

To those who were commenting on the latency issues, I have only run into one server that still has it. You can patch up to 1.02 now, and the lag + some memory leaks have been addressed and taken care of through them.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

they probably explained night vision goggles to internal marketing/PR executives, who had no idea what they were talking about, and therefore insisted the press release have detailed descriptions :p

if an executive has never heard of something, neither has the general pulbic. quote me on that :p
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Voronwë wrote:if an executive has never heard of something, neither has the general pulbic.
Truer words have not been spoken.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Flying planes and copters is really tough. I have been playing single player missions with both to try to get good, but the planes are so fucking fast that it is nearly impossible to hit anything with bombs and the helis are impossible to land.

I am having a great time with just soldiering of all kinds, but I really want to be a decent pilot. . .just can't do it very well.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The bomber jets are easier to hit things with...maybe it's because you get 5 bombs instead of 2 :p I try to use those anytime I am piloting jets. The choppers are tricky to learn, but you can accomplish a lot with practice. I am by no means a master at them though. I try to let the better pilots fly while I gun for them most of the time. I have had a few that kept me alive and helped me get silver or gold on maps almost regularly. A good blackhawk pilot can almost guarantee a win on some maps. Many people just think the guns on the thing do all of the work, but if the pilot doesn't angle the chopper right, you can't hit shit with it.

I suggest going as a gunner with a few people to just see what the choppers are capable of before trying to pilot much in multiplayer. People aren't too forgiving of bad chopper pilots, hehe.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Flying planes and copters is really tough. I have been playing single player missions with both to try to get good, but the planes are so fucking fast that it is nearly impossible to hit anything with bombs and the helis are impossible to land.
They really, really, really need a practice mode. It's almost unforgiveable to leave it out seeing as how people in multiplayer have no patience for people learning, and during single player the comps spawn on top of the aircraft and fly them around for ungodly amounts of time forcing the player to camp the flight spawns waiting for them to die just to have a chance at learning the controls. Of course the player takes off, dies, and has to camp the spawn yet again.

Pretty much bullshit.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Dragon Valley is the only small map that I recall that has a helo you can practice in. There's lots of open space to practice too and some tighter spaces when you feel frisky. Just be patient and keep at it. Also, you can do a search for a server with no one in it and practice in those too. I'm sure there's a few good guides on flying a helo out there. Read up and practice you ass off. :p

When you spawn in (as spec ops), run for the american chopper. If it's empty, wait for a comp gunner if you want. If there's one guy in it, get in anyway and hit F1 to take pilot from him. If it's full, try and stick two c4 on it. When you're up in the air make sure you die in the chopper... respawn at the base (assuming you still hold it) and get it again. If not, go anti-tank and try shooting yours down.

You may want to consider using a joystick if not already. The difference between using a mouse/keyboard and a joystick for me was like night and day.
Hooray Beer!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Yeah, I bought a stick and it helps, just cant get accurate landing down pat.

The planes just fly too fucking fast :p It is nearly impossible to find enemy units so I have a hard time evenknowing where I should be dropping bombs.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Well, you don't land the choppers with your nose down. I tend to pull up while giving it some reverse thrust almost as soon as I hit the ground in order to land.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

If you're going to repair/rearm, then you'll probably want to just hover over the pad anyways. It's good practice if you want to hover over flags to cap them. But learning to land is a good thing anyways. :lol:
Hooray Beer!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Most of the time I even hover for passengers to jump in. It's funny watching them jumping all over the place.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Just wanted to post a few links:

http://bf2s.com/player/Wulfpac_Raven/ : is one place where you can see if I am online and where. Sites that pull stats other than the in-game browser were cut off by EA (temporary maybe) so the stats here are probably wrong (server that the player is on is up-to-date though).

http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2st ... d=&lang=en : This site still seems to have fairly current (within 30 minutes or so) stats.

http://www.got3n.com/bf2info.php : this site has some pretty good details on what the medals/ribbons/etc. are and what it takes to get them.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

You can catch me online as RellX - unfortunately the name rellix was taken (I'm popular!), so i began using rellix1 from the demo. That name sucked and I was recruited by a clan anyway and took the name [tR]rellix. They recently added about ten 14 year olds to the clan of originally a 23 or 24 average age, and needless to say, it's gone to hell.

So I'm back with that new name, and just started using it recently.

Also as a question: is VOIP working for any of you guys anymore, within squads at least? Ever since the 1.02 patch I really haven't been able to talk to other people without having my little green speaker logo turn red and crack on the screen. I know it's not my mic because the problem is happening for both me and my RL friend who plays - and we can use teamspeak np.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I just got Lance Corporal last night after having had 2-3 excellent rounds where I came in 2nd only to the team commander(damn you 2x winning bonus). With Lance Corporal comes the first weapon unlock as well (weee)

Took me ~ 15 - 20 hours or so to get the hang of the dynamics of the game going from very little FPS experience. (Never played BF1942 either)

I use bf2tracker.com for stat tracking and forum sig.
Calixte
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Calixte »

Anyone still playing BF2? I'm fairly new to the game and just got Lance Corporal last weekend. I'm trying to get some opinions on which weapon to unlock. I've been browsing other forums and most recommend the medic gun. Thoughts?
Breeka/Calixte
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I still play... =D

Medic gun is pretty good, yeah.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I unlocked the Sniper Rifle first, and then I chose the Special Ops gun. If you want to test out all of the guns, look for an unranked server with Global Unlocks set to on.
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

I mostly play a medic, so getting the medic unlock was natural for me. I think it really depends on what you play the most, although the PKM (Support) seems extremely popular, along with the G3 (Assault), and G36 (Special Ops). So if you play one of those three the most, then I'd get one of those unlocks. If you don't play medic, then it's no use getting the medic unlock, although I'd say to get the medic unlock for sure if you play it the most. It is head and shoulders above the standard medic weapons.

I've heard many disappointments from people that unlocked the Engineer shotgun and the Sniper rifle, so while they are probably decent, I wouldn't get them unless I played those classes almost exclusively.

I don't know squat about the AT unlock. :shock:
Calixte
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Calixte »

I usually play Assault, which is why I'm somewhat hesitant to pick the medic weapon even though most people say it's the "best".

I am most comfortable playing Assault and I prefer to, so I'm really leaning towards the G3, but wanted some opinions first.
Breeka/Calixte
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

unlocks

Post by Sartori »

I have been playing Anti Tank OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS and I hate their gun (mp5 whatever). No punch at all. I played on some servers with unlocked weapons, and I must say I really dig their shotgun unlock. Definitely a street sweeper, too bad it's short range :)
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I've found it much easier to use the Sniper unlock. I didn't play sniper much before unlocking it, and I have racked up some decent kills with it. I think it's a combination of the scope crosshairs and the power. There are some maps I almost exclusively go sniper now.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

you know the government is setting up fake servers and kidnapping the people that fucking rule at this game, and implanting chips in their heads to go off and fight secret wars that aren't even on television and shit...