What do you think about the world?
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Man robs bank from drive-through

Post by Sionistic »

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsartic ... ANK-DC.XML
CHICAGO (Reuters) - That was easy.

A bank robber behind the wheel of his car on Tuesday sent a note through a vacuum tube to the teller at the drive-through window at a branch of Chicago's LaSalle Bank and the teller obliged, returning an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.

The exchange was completed through the bank's pneumatic tube communications system, in which canisters are passed back and forth between motorist and teller.

The FBI said it was investigating the drive-through theft.
Real nice buddy, just give the bank all the details to your getaway car.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

How f'ing stupid is the teller in this case. She/He sits behind bulletprrof glass, with no physical harm apperent and just fills the tube with cash and sends it back.

Darwin Nominatio pending
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Which one is the bigger retard?

The teller or the robber?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

Insider!!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Phugg_Innay wrote:How f'ing stupid is the teller in this case. She/He sits behind bulletprrof glass, with no physical harm apperent and just fills the tube with cash and sends it back.

Darwin Nominatio pending
Unless they can lock down the bank with the push of a button (can't do that in standard small chain branch banks I've been to, why should the teller risk the guy getting out of his car and entering the bank?

I've seen some foreign banks that have bullet proof shutters that take like a second to close in a documentary though.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Phugg_Innay wrote:Darwin Nominatio pending
Reminder: Darwin Awards are supposed to be about people that are so stupid they get killed or otherwise removed from the gene pool! I'm disappointed that lately they've found simply moronic acts "Darwin Awards" worthy.

Maybe if he sent a gun through the tube and the teller shot herself for not complying quickly enough with his demands...
- Ash
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Winnow wrote:
I've seen some foreign banks that have bullet proof shutters that take like a second to close in a documentary though.
Liquor stores in Compton also!!
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Want to guess what the teller's mindset was?

Here's a hint: it was something along the lines of "It isn't my money, but it IS my ass".

Screw supposedly bulletproof glass. I wouldn't risk getting my shit ruined just so some bajillionaire doesn't lose a few pennies in a drive-by robbery. I'll fucking tip the guy if it means he never comes back.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

The guy driving the car could of sent a note from a tinted window car saying "give me all your money, or I kill the person in the car with me."

Now if you were the teller, you would comply, because you dont know if he has a hostage or not. Hes stupid for showing off his getaway car though.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It's basically every major bank's policy to give money to people who threaten or imply violence, and let the police sort it out later.

I guarantee you can walk into (or drive up to I guess) almost any bank in north america, demand money and walk out with a bag full. that's the easy part!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

The "policy" in the bank I worked in as kid was; Emtpy your cash box starting with the smaller denomination notes, etc, etc and basically delay them as long as possible. Of course, the manager displaying the video finished with, "and that's what we have to show you for insurance purposes. If you are ever really robbed, don't piss them off. Give them everything you have, as fast as possible and if they're not satisfied write them a bank cheque" =)

They also had a hundred and a fifty in alarm clips, pull either of those notes and the cleverly concealed old style telephone would ring, alerting the staff to the problem. As if I'm going to set off a 70's telephone that's patently different to every other phone in a bank and get my ass shot.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.