Fuck Final Fantasy X-2

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Fuck Final Fantasy X-2

Post by Dregor Thule »

Argh, I must vent. So I've been slowly playing this game every now and then (I don't much care for console gaming anymore, but like the Final Fantasy games) and I'm in the last chapter. I'm going through the Hotspots trying to get the Episode Complete for each one to get the Mascot dress sphere, and I'll be damned, I only got Episode Concluded for Kilika. Seems I only watched the CommSphere twice instead of three times in Chapter 4. My will to play it has evaporated. Argh!
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Fuck Final Fantasy X-2

Post by Psyloche »

Dregor Thule wrote:Argh, I must vent. So I've been slowly playing this game every now and then (I don't much care for console gaming anymore, but like the Final Fantasy games) and I'm in the last chapter. I'm going through the Hotspots trying to get the Episode Complete for each one to get the Mascot dress sphere, and I'll be damned, I only got Episode Concluded for Kilika. Seems I only watched the CommSphere twice instead of three times in Chapter 4. My will to play it has evaporated. Argh!
Think there was a thread on this game before. There's so much miniscule shit you gotta do in it to get all the crap, you're better off getting a guide.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Yeah. I've been lightly referencing an online FAQ at gamefaq's, but mostly I've just been thorough as hell (or so I thought). I'm just pissed that I won't be able to see the Mascot dress sphere in use. I killed myself laughing at Yuna in the Moogle suit at the start of the game, wanted to open a can of whoopass with it :(
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

You want frustration? Try going for 100% :oops:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Does FFX-2 have a "Monster Arena", similar to the one in FFX? I think I put in over 150 hours before I was able to beat Nemesis. 10 million hit points, anyone? It was about time a Final Fantasy game had content that was worthy enough to keep the hardest-core entertained.
I'd hate Hillary just as much if it was a woman. ┌┘ Winnow
you pretentious fuckwits ┌┘ Nick
:roll: ┌┘ Miir
thoroughly groped┌┘ Xyun
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Thats the one thing I have always loved about FF, in most of the games, you could make yourself the almighty god. Make yourself so powerfull no one had a chance against you. Cacutars feared you, Chocobos adored you, and the deities were constantly and promptly getting their asses handed to them. Some without the player hitting a single button. (cough ff7 knights of the roundX4 hp absorb mp absorb counter final attack phenix FTW cough)
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

FF X-2 is a sore spot with me. I bought it at near full price, and played for exactly 2 days before getting sick of it. It sat on my shelf for a while, and now it's in the pre-played bin at EB. What a waste of money. A pretty, sparkly waste of money, but still a waste. :oops:
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Kargyle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kargyle »

I enjoyed the hell out of X-2 once I got over the poppy girl power theme. The story was enjoyable and I liked the job/costume system more than the sphere grid from X. It wasn't as nice as the materia system from 7, but you can't have everything. It took me 3 play throughs to get the perfect ending, I did have a guide, but I used it sparingly. I will agree that some of the stuff you have to do to get 100% is mildly retarded, but I still enjoyed the game. And as always Square's (yes I know it is technically Square Enix) CGI cut scenes are top notch.
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

The 100% ending isn't worth going for.
Hooray Beer!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can't wait for the new RPG from the creator of FFX on the Xbox 360 in November or soon after.

Square Enix is also onboard with Xbox 360 so we should see some good stuff one way or the other.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Winnow wrote:Can't wait for the new RPG from the creator of FFX on the Xbox 360 in November or soon after.

Square Enix is also onboard with Xbox 360 so we should see some good stuff one way or the other.
I kept reading similar statements and wasn't bothered enough to read deeper, but does this mean that FF is moving to 360? I've been such a fanboi for PS because of that series, even if X2 made my stomach knot itself.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Probably more like multiple platforms.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

how the hell could anyone buy that game after watching those commercials? then again ive never been a fan of those cutesy cartoon anime final fantasy games
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I dont think FF is going to be multiplatform. Looks like seperate games with a possiblity of multi later on.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Xzion wrote:how the hell could anyone buy that game after watching those commercials? then again ive never been a fan of those cutesy cartoon anime final fantasy games
I've never seen a commercial for FF games. Having said that, one of my first Nintendo games that wasn't mindless like Mario Brothers, had somewhat of a story was Final Fantasy. I remember when I opened it I was like, wtf is this shit -- some friend of my mom's got it for me on Christmas when I was like 7 or 8? I don't know. Anyway, since then I pretty much loved the games because back then a game with an actual story was really rare. OFMG A CASTLE WITH NOT THE RIGHT PRINCESS DuDE, CHEC KTHE NEXT K?!1/! If its different games on separate platforms, it'll make me cry cause I'll get both just to play them :/
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Final Fantasy in real life

http://ifgameswerereal.ytmnd.com/
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Square isn't going the Multiplatform route. Instead they're making exclusives for each platform.

FFXIII for the PS3, Project Sylpheed for the 360 and Dragon Quest 9 for the DS currently.