WTF is wrong wih the Muslim world?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

WTF is wrong wih the Muslim world?

Post by Skogen »

Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Religion and ignorance are a dangerous mix.

We have a lot of that in the South too.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

Throw in the fact that other cultures don't place the same value on a human life that we do, mix with feuds that go back to the days of the nomad tribes and voila!

The Middle East.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yet another reason I enjoy not living in the outskirt, back country, third world countries of the world...Cause when someone says "Soandso would have approved of a beautiful woman contest", we take that shit as a compliment to our society. May T&A live forever!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

"WTF is wrong wih the world?" would have been a more appropriate post title. :)
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Nigeria's problems are a lot more complicated than Islamic Fundamentalism. That is part of the equation, but not the whole thing. Islamic fundamentalism has found some very effective means of population control, and an excellent way to utilize this power.

Face it, it is in the neuroarchitechture of our brains that most humans can be manipulated to modify their behavior within a particular social group. Look at all the wacko cultists who do the mass suicides. that is the extreme case, but it illustrates the point.

Despite our technological progress, humans are still bogged down with primitive tribalism.

It isn't something that is relegated to 3rd world nations either. Look at Northern Ireland. It is certainly not overtly militarized in Western society, but shit, 30 years ago in the South black people were barely being integrated.

EQ is a good example of how even educated people get caught up in this tribalistic mentality rather easily. The way we compete with guidls we arent a part of, and form our identity based on class, guild, etc.

We, as a species, have a long way to go to live up to our idealizations of ourselves. Personally, i think that shedding the pyschological dependence on incorporeal parent figures, and taking authorship of our own destinies is the first step. Also spracht Zarathustra, etc.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lalanae wrote:Religion and ignorance are a dangerous mix.

The Bible Belt scares the hell out of me. People from the western US should be issued travel advisories as a courtesy if they plan on entering any of those states. Neck alerts, etc.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Very good post, Voro.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Winnow wrote:
Lalanae wrote:Religion and ignorance are a dangerous mix.

The Bible Belt scares the hell out of me. People from the western US should be issued travel advisories as a courtesy if they plan on entering any of those states. Neck alerts, etc.
You have no idea how correct you both are. I live in NC currently and if you mutter goddamn, you've basically dug your own grave.
Fuck Michigan!
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

If the south was as bad as Nigeria we'd have riot killings every time Hollywood produces a new Jesus film, or Southpark episode.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

CNN.com wrote:
• More than 100 people died in May 2000 after two days of clashes between Kaduna's Muslims and Christians. Nigerian forces were sent to break up the violence, which was blamed on the death of a Christian at a Muslim's hands.

Sharia can also be considered more than a religious issue. Muslims are mainly ethnic Hausas and Fulanis, and Christians are overwhelmingly of other tribes.

In addition, calls for Sharia increased as power in Nigeria gradually drifted away from the north, where the military government that ruled Nigeria between 1984 and 1999 was strongest.

President Olusegun Obasanjo has maintained that a rise in violence was to be expected after years of military rule, during which soldiers suppressed religious and ethnic disputes.
my point about religious wars typically being ethnic conflicts.

religion maybe wasnt the first form of human social organization, but it has been the most dominant over the last 10,000+ years.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Great post Voronwe.

The retards in ireland here remind me of apes. Ooga shakka ooga shakka, IRA IRA, Im a rettttaaaarrrrrddd..

It's only the enlightened people who pwn :D
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

The best part is the gentleman who points out that the Ms. World contest is a sin.

We'd better go outside and kill people if they look Christian then. Fucking Muslim, and Christian, extremists.
Ceredwin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ceredwin »

You still need to ask this question, in light of not only recent events, but those over the last 20 + years?

BTW, Jackass me...lurker for years on the old flamevault and now this one.
Ceredwin Vanyar
Guardians of Veeshan
Lexien
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lexien »

Here you go Ceridwwin

Jackass!!!
65 Deceiver
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

nice

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Religion and ignorance are a dangerous mix.

Well said. But then again it is ignorance that brings people to religion in the first place.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Omg, I agree with Voro.