ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaAAAAAAAP!

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaAAAAAAAP!

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

This video ought to get some discussions going, hehehe.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/conte ... deo3a.html
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

1) Get the fuck out of the car.

2) STFU!!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

When a cop tells you to put your phone down and get out your vehicle you?

a) Put your phone down and get out of your vehicle
b) stay in your vehicle, keep talking on your phone and take a swing at the cop who tries to take your phone

That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

While I agree 100% that she should have followed directions they could have given her a few more seconds to get out of the car IMHO. She was driving w/o a license and speeding... she didn't mind them but also really didn't do anything to diserve the tasing IMHO. Take that badge off those punks and lets see how tough they really are... 15 seconds could have made all the difference.

I do not think the police were wrong but they could have been a little more easy on her, it wasn't like they were chasing a serial killer or anything.

Marb
Last edited by Marbus on June 2, 2005, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Man, being a cop is a shitty job. That said, MORE TASING VIDEOS!!! :D
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Having been tased several times. I am a firm believer that tasing should be used more liberally.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

how shocking...
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Marbus wrote:While I agree 100% that she should have followed directions they could have given her a few more seconds to get out of the car IMHO. She was driving w/o a license and speeding... she didn't mind them but also really didn't do anything to diserve the tasing IMHO. Take that badge off those punks and lets see how tough they really are... 15 seconds could have made all the difference.

I do not think the police were wrong but they could have been a little more easy on her, it wasn't like they were chasing a serial killer or anything.

Marb
She was asked to comply and she escalated the violence level when she swung at the officer.

If the officer asks you to get out of the car you do it.
Sabek
Just Sabek
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

While I agree 100% that she should have followed directions they could have given her a few more seconds to get out of the car IMHO. She was driving w/o a license and speeding... she didn't mind them but also really didn't do anything to diserve the tasing IMHO.
He told her 6 times to put the phone down and get out of the car.
He told her that he was going to taze her 3 times.
She took a swing at him when he tried to take the phone from her.
The gave her over 30 seconds to get out of the vehicle before they tazed her.

She's a fucking idiot with no respect for the police who got what she deserved.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Sure many of ya'll have seen this one but this one from Ebaumsworld is still my favorite.
Hooray Beer!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Marb, if you were the officer, you'd take no chances.

Bottom line is... besides the fact that you do what a police officer says when they direct you to do it... police officers need to be able to control a situation. When a suspect is seated in a vehicle, and already not complying with simple instruction, the situation is out of their control. It is much safer for the officers if the suspect is not in the vehicle. The safety of the officers VASTLY outweighs that bitches need to be on the cell phone in her car.

Come to think of it, the taser would have been great in that classroom scene we saw a while back.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The cop told the bitch like 10 times to put down the phone and step out of the vehicle. IMO, she deserved every single volt she got.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

As much as I hate cops, that was some funny shit. This would also be a good technique for taking out babtists. :)
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

GOOD WORK EROLZ!!!

MORE TASER VIDEOS!
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Is this why your deliverables are always late Marbus? Waiting another fifteen minutes after someone ask you for something over and over and over again?

How the fuck are you still employed? :twisted:

Man I miss bouncing.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Not only do I do what a cop tells me, I tell them what I'm about to do before I do it.

"My license is in my wallet, I'm going to reach behind me to get it."
"My registration is in the glove box. I'm going to get it now."

I also sit with the car out of gear and my hands at 10 & 2 while he gets his shit together, runs my plate, whatever. The thing you have to understand is that cops get shot all the time during routine traffic stops. They are not approaching you with the "It's just Joe Bob doing 45 in a 30." They have to be prepared in case you're that 1 in 1000 nutjob fresh out of the state penn looking to get back with a quickness.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

That's one stupid bitch. Wait a minute while I call for backup, then you can (not) see my license.

Being a cop is a shitty job, I'll do exactly what I'm told thank you very much.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

=D>
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

masteen wrote:Not only do I do what a cop tells me, I tell them what I'm about to do before I do it.

"My license is in my wallet, I'm going to reach behind me to get it."
"My registration is in the glove box. I'm going to get it now."

I also sit with the car out of gear and my hands at 10 & 2 while he gets his shit together, runs my plate, whatever. The thing you have to understand is that cops get shot all the time during routine traffic stops. They are not approaching you with the "It's just Joe Bob doing 45 in a 30." They have to be prepared in case you're that 1 in 1000 nutjob fresh out of the state penn looking to get back with a quickness.
I started doing that very same thing after i heard about some black kid that got shot for reaching into his glove box... looking for his registration. :P
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Canelek wrote:As much as I hate cops, that was some funny shit. This would also be a good technique for taking out babtists. :)
You only hate cops if you are doing something wrong...
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Moonwynd wrote:
Canelek wrote:As much as I hate cops, that was some funny shit. This would also be a good technique for taking out babtists. :)
You only hate cops if you are doing something wrong...
Nonsense policework often breeds a mindset in police...I generally dislike their arrogance and attitude though I have met cops w/o these traits that I liked just fine (they are few and far between)...And yanno I don't even speed...

Don't get me wrong I understand their job is a pain in the ass and necessary...And that those personality traits are often a result of their jobs...but regular counseling should be mandatory for all police...
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I've rarely met a cop I didn't like, usually really good folks. Have to consider the circumstances you interact with them in as well. Of course you get the occasional douchebag in any field.

Having had a cop at my back window with a shotgun more than once, I don't do didly unless directed. Turn off the ignition and sit there with my hands on the wheel.

Last time I was pulled over was 1986, in Goose Creek SC...
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Only met one cop i didnt like. Every other cop ive met was very nice and understanding.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

that was awesome... ignorant little know-it-all bitch!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Growing as a poor kid in poor areas of the city, I was trianed to pretty much hate cops. They have a shitty job but I disagree with the tactics that they use. I have also known of too many cases where cops have lied to get what they want. I am a law abiding citizen today but I still harbor a pretty strong resentment towards them.
Deward
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

I'll never fully trust the po-po so long as they come from the same general genetic stock as the people they're supposed to be protecting me from :)
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

You are an idiot.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Ok I think you guys are missing the point...

I said that I don't think the Cops were wrong in what they did... they followed their protocol. Would I take extra chances? No but I would have done it differently as well.

Sure he told her but the whole incident took like 15-30 second or so... repeting something without giving someone a chance to respond isn't how, I - emphasis on I, think it should have been done.

If the Police had done the EXACT same thing but given her 5 to 10 seconds to respond after telling her to do whatever I think it might have been different... but maybe not. I agree she was in for a tasing after she swung at the officer but it didn't have to come to that... If the lead officer had said calmly and forcefully told her get out of your car and given her a little more time I think she would have complied... but... we will never know.

Guidelines have a lot of leeway... there are ways you can lead and be forceful without being a punk. I think these guys moved too fast but they were within their boundaries.

Marb

PS - Seebs unlike some others my deliverables don't have the option of being late as they are dictated by sales... but have considered moving to a PM role so that I could kick back and take it easy like you though :razz:
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

That was just great. She got just what she deserved.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Atta Boy Marb. I point fingers and leave early to farm Felcloth.

Watch the videos from the beginning with the commentary. That paints a better picture and shows how much restraint was used.

I only wish they wuld have hit her on the tit instead of the arm ...

MILK SHAKEE!!!!!
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Honestly, I think they should phase in a "Don't Waste My Time, You Nimrod" policy for the police. They deal with enough. Say that it comes into effect on a certain date, and after that you get asked 3 times to do something, and then they light you up like a goddamn Christmas tree so that they can move on and get back to dealing with more important things.

Advertise it for a month beforehand. Put it on Oprah, Desperate Housewives, and every talk radio show. That should reach basically every stupid, self-absorbed, worthless prick who might be at risk of doing like this lady. :twisted:
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I follow the rules. I respect the laws. I just find the vast majority of cops to be complete asshats. Maybe hate is too strong of a word though. The "cop mentality" is not only displayed in the police though--I had a manager years back that could have easily been a cop. He also LOVED donuts, so there ya go.
en kærlighed småkager