American Idol: Who will win

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Who is going to be the next American Idol?

Carrie
15%
Anthony
No votes
Vonzel
2%
Bo
27%
I don't care because I don't watch the show
56%
Too close to call
No votes

Total votes: 82

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

American Idol: Who will win

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Sylvos and I already have a 500 vv bet on who is going to win.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Carrie will win but Bo should win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You should all lose your manhood for watching that show unless you have an excuse that your wife or GF makes you watch it.
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

I think Carrie will win. I hope she gets a stylist if she does. I like Bo too, but I think he is pretty set if he wins or not. Vonzelle is ok, but Anthony has got to go! Only cool thing about Anthony is the VLADIMIR factor, but it's not enough to win my vote!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Winnow wrote:You should all lose your manhood for watching that show unless you have an excuse that your wife or GF makes you watch it.
but you are still a p-u-s-s
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Which one is Paula Abdul fucking?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wasn't that last season?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I think this year Paula was fucking Constantine.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Wasn't it the guy who was voted off and came back when some other dude had to leave the show for 'personal' reasons, then got voted off again?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

--
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Last week, Constantine Maroulis called Abdul, who cried when he was eliminated, a wonderful woman. "She had so much support and so much love in her heart and she's just been amazing through this whole thing," he said. "She has so much to offer us and teach us, that we just need to just shut up and listen because she's the bomb."
...like I said...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Homercles wrote:
Last week, Constantine Maroulis called Abdul, who cried when he was eliminated, a wonderful woman. "She had so much support and so much love in her heart and she's just been amazing through this whole thing," he said. "She has so much to offer us and teach us, that we just need to just shut up and listen because she's the bomb."
...like I said...
So because he called her a "wonderful woman" that means they were having sex? I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

--
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

you need to read between the lines:
"She had so much
love
to
teach
she's just been amazing

When Paula wants it Straight Up, she gets it Straight Up.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

My wife tried to get me to watch the show once.

After a few comments within the first 5 minutes of the show, I was released.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

I watched the season with Clay Aiken and Ruben...and this season. I do not watch much TV...and the wife and I enjoy a few shows together...The Sopranos...Deadwood...Battlestar Galactica...but Sopranos is not on and has not been on for a while. Battlestar Galactica's season ended a month or so ago. So watching Idol has been a good way to have some good TV time.

I think the appeal of American Idol is simple...and one that was tapped into by the creator of the show. You have a talent contest...character development of sorts...competition...a panel of "judges" each with distinct "love em or hate em" personalities for the camera....AND...the public gets to participate by voting and deciding the outcome each week. A very simple formula that seems to have been rather successful for Idol thus far.

Personally, I find the first month or so of episodes to be the best. When they go from city to city trying to find contestants...that is some classic stuff.
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

Sylvos will lose the bet.

Bo is going to win.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Winnow wrote:You should all lose your manhood for watching that show unless you have an excuse that your wife or GF makes you watch it.
If I touch the remote during American Idol there would be kitchen knives flying.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I've watched one episode over the last two years and that what last week when I saw 3 of the 4 performers. Bo was great because hes different than all of the others and brings something new to the show . Carrie really doesnt stand out to me, just seems like a dime a dozen Kelly Clarkson type.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I'm pulling for Bo.

1st season - white girl

2nd season - black man

3rd season - black girl

this season - white man seems to fit nicely here

Sorry to boil it down to that, but in this day and age of Political Correctness, I just don't see it any other way. For example, the Apprentice...

Season 1: white guy

Season 2: white guy

This Season: (someone told The Donald, it needs to be a woman or a black person this time or you will lose a huge demo) this season will be a woman.

Next Season with Martha Stewart will be a black person fo shizzle.

Mark it down people, mark it down.
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

at this point it doesn't matter who will win, the title of American Idol is just the icing, all 3 have something good to offer once they're released from AI paws and really start their careers
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Regardless of who wins American Idol. it's the public that loses for being force fed more shitty pop music.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

that's deep man

you have to be the coolest person in the world.

FUCK THE MAN!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

at this point it doesn't matter who will win, the title of American Idol is just the icing, all 3 have something good to offer once they're released from AI paws and really start their careers
Yes just like all the other American Idol contestants besides Clay that did not win. Great stars like...............

For 2 of them, their 15 minutes are almost up. From what little I have actually seen this season, this group is the most bland yet. Bo is a ROCKER, he has long hair see! No Bo is not a rocker, if he was, he would run as fast as he could from this format. He will never ever have credibility in the rock world win or lose. Not that he cares, but please do not give him a title he does not deserve. He will be another boring pop artist.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

i hate 'singers' who only sing other peoples work...

i value musicians, who create and perform their own original work.

american idol has nothing for me.. Animalor is right.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Tyek wrote: Bo is a ROCKER, he has long hair see! No Bo is not a rocker, if he was, he would run as fast as he could from this format. He will never ever have credibility in the rock world win or lose. Not that he cares, but please do not give him a title he does not deserve. He will be another boring pop artist.
He's a "rocker" because he's a rock singer. You know, a singer a of rock songs (as well as a writer for that matter). Unless the Allman Brothers isn't rock any longer :roll:

What I think everyone else is more interested in is how long it took to sharpen those spikes in your shoes. I'm guessing it had to take hours in order to climb up on that high perch you're looking down from.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

The Allman Brothers are rock music, but Bo is definitely not rock. I am glad you enjoy American Idol, but I would rather watch a competition where the contestants write their own songs and play them, not sing glorified karoake (spelling) versions. My dad is into the Karoake thing big time, which scares me, and he sings Elvis. This does not make him a rocker. It means he likes to sing Elvis songs.

You bash the people who do not like the show, like we are not entitiled to an opinion but you are. I know American Idol changes themes each week. One week I bet they sang R&B songs, does this mean now he is an R&B singer? I think of rock music and "rockers" as people who are out showing their heart and thoughts on stage for their art. I see those guys on stage, but I see no art. Sorry but that is just my opinion from my lofty perch.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think Bo is a rocker. The only reason you are hearing songs that other people wrote is because that is what they are pretty much given. Also, it would be stupid to try and promote your own stuff to an audience that has never heard it before. This is still a competition. Besides most of the songs you hear have been written by those who can't sing themseleves. This doesn't make them less talanted.

Bo fits the image of a rocker and the songs he chose were some damn good rock songs. He is the first person from any of the shows that I would even consider buying a CD from. (and actually pay instead of download)
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Is this anti-darwinian cultural trainwreck over yet? I want to see more of that network's brilliant original programing!
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Niffoni wrote:Is this anti-darwinian cultural trainwreck over yet? I want to see more of that network's brilliant original programing!
Sadly, just as with any reality TV programming, it won't be over until people stop watching it.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

You guys haven't noticed the note at the end of the show?
[Your testosterone level has fallen by 50%]
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Aabidano wrote:You guys haven't noticed the note at the end of the show?
[Your testosterone level has fallen by 50%]
was wondering why boobs itch and not my balls
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

Tyek wrote:
Yes just like all the other American Idol contestants besides Clay that did not win. Great stars like...............

For 2 of them, their 15 minutes are almost up. From what little I have actually seen this season, this group is the most bland yet. Bo is a ROCKER, he has long hair see! No Bo is not a rocker, if he was, he would run as fast as he could from this format. He will never ever have credibility in the rock world win or lose. Not that he cares, but please do not give him a title he does not deserve. He will be another boring pop artist.
yeah you're right, no , not really
I don't think we're talking about great stars here, but this again depends on your definition of great star
I was thinking more in terms of who's the best of this years bunch. And like it or not even "great star like... " Carmen Whatshername or Thegirl Whowasthirdlastyear got a recording deal. You don't need to really be number 1 to come up on top or at least much better off after a competition like AI.
And honestly maybe it's just the station I listen to, but I haven't heard anything sung by Ruben or Fantasia since the day they won. All I keep hearing is Kelly Clarkson. I can't complain, I like her, her voice and songs she sings and I don't really care who wrote music/lyrics
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The only good thing about these piece of shit shows is laughing at the contestants silly hopes and impossible dreams being shot down by that dickhead Simon Cowell (aka Satan).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Need to have some anti-pop anarchists storm the stage and give the contestants a hickory-how-do-you-do. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Tyek wrote:
Quote:

yeah you're right, no , not really
I don't think we're talking about great stars here, but this again depends on your definition of great star
I was thinking more in terms of who's the best of this years bunch. And like it or not even "great star like... " Carmen Whatshername or Thegirl Whowasthirdlastyear got a recording deal. You don't need to really be number 1 to come up on top or at least much better off after a competition like AI.
And honestly maybe it's just the station I listen to, but I haven't heard anything sung by Ruben or Fantasia since the day they won. All I keep hearing is Kelly Clarkson. I can't complain, I like her, her voice and songs she sings and I don't really care who wrote music/lyrics
Maybe I missed the point of your quote, I looked like you were saying these people would eventually have good careers once released from their contract. You said that a bunch of them got recording contracts. The world is littered with bands that got recording contracts. Most of them are broke, doing something else or never released an actual album. I also think that your quote about not hearing them proves my point. These people disappear as soon as the season is over. Hell I heard more about William Hung and his contract then I did about the others. the contest is what it is, a popularity contest. It is well done, highly produced and not my cup of tea.
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

Fair enough Tyek, it probably is a popularity contest but that's what the whole music/movie industry is. Things with enough hype or marketing will get noticed. Pretty things, controversial things will get noticed.
I'd like to think that this show and all others like that are there to introduce or discover hidden talents. People who don't have enough money or willpower to elbow their way higher. Higher than a street corner performer stage or singing in a shower gig.

Different things appeal to different people, those appearing in AI and that type of shows have a right to hope someone will notice them and their life will change for the better. Not to mention they have free access to stylists, business insiders and other people to help them convert from a duckling into a swan. And not only on the outside. Millions of people voting for you must be a huge ego/confidence booster
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Bah I lost. Ok how do I give my freaking VV's away? Not seeing that command anywhere.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

THe WINNER IS CARRIE!
THE WINNER IS ME!
YAY!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Damn. I thought for sure I had that one nailed.