is this real?

WoW Discussion
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

is this real?

Post by Stalker Vacio »

Check out the flash ads at the top of the page and to the right.

You may half to hit refresh several times between the netflix, ipod, verizon ads but eventually you'll see them.

http://www.worldofwar.net/

There EQ 2 ads that take pokes at WoW.

One takes a shot at WoW server uptime
The other take a jab at content
The third brags about subscribers

It reminds me of the beer commercials where each brand takes a shot at the other.
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

"Why go to World of Waiting?" :lol:

seriously... if they weren't interested in playing EQ2 to begin with, why is hearing theyve added 1100 new quests and 450 spells going to change their mind? or.. oh, this game has 350,000 players.. lets go buy it.

yeah right. :roll:
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

They could always play EQ2 while they are waiting for their servers to come back online... or while they are waiting to log in....

Only twice in 4 and a half months have I not been able to log on to EQ2 when I wanted to play.

I know Fash like to make fun of EQ2 for only having +350k subscribers but it's kinda funny that the popularity of WoW is the main reason it's had so many problems since release.
And really, the number of subscribers reflects very little on the quality of the game. The 2 highest subscribed games should be proof of that.

We're getting loads of content updates, frequent patches, attentive devs and stable servers...

What has WoW been getting?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

miir wrote:What has WoW been getting?
A game that rocked right out of the box? :razz:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So server stability issues and lack of new content is acceptable for a game that 'rocked right out of the box'?

If it were SOE having the same problems with server stability and shitty service, you guys would be having a field day... but you're willing to cut Blizzard all the slack in the world simply because you like the game?

You're the saddest kind of 'fanboy'.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

We are just as frustrated as you would be with problems in EQ2. I think it's just that we are liking dealing with a new companies shit instead of the same old poo poo platter that was dished up on a regular basis by SoE. They are starting to open the door for server transfers and hopefully that will even some issues out.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

miir wrote:Only twice in 4 and a half months have I not been able to log on to EQ2 when I wanted to play.
Only... zero times in the past... since I started playing about 4 and a half months ago have I not been able to log on to WoW when I wanted to play.

Then again that's just my server. Either way, a good game is a good game. Some people like WoW, others like EQ2. To some WoW is good enough to warrant waiting for their server queue or whatever, or to them EQ2 isn't good enough to warrant switching games over a stability issue.

I think it's fairly obviously something WILL have to be done in the near future about WoW's server stability or they will lose a large number of their player base. For the most part, I think a lot of the players are trying to stick it out and hope it gets fixed before they are driven batshit insane.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Morgrym wrote: They are starting to open the door for server transfers and hopefully that will even some issues out.
Can you please elaborate on this statement. If this is true (I have only heard rumor and speculation thus far) it means happy days for many people!

Respectfully,

Moonwynd
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I think it's just that we are liking dealing with a new companies shit instead of the same old poo poo platter that was dished up on a regular basis by SoE. They are starting to open the door for server transfers and hopefully that will even some issues out.
Or maybe it's not SOE...

EQ2 has had one of the (if not the) smoothest launches of any MMOG.
EQ2 had server transfers availble to people of the overpopulated servers within the first month.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Yes, miir, I'm willing to take a game that was fantastic out of the box to a game that had to have MAJOR changes made just to enable people to play when they couldn't find a group. One of my major gripes about EQ was taken and made worse, but I was supposed to lick that shit up just because they called it EvarQuest?

As to the many small patches vs. few big patches, while it would please the ADD kiddy inside me to see MOER STUF NOW! I am content with the way Blizzard has handled their problems, and confident from the quality of the previous content patch that the Battlegrounds and outdor raids will rock.

p.s. Did SOE ever give us free days for server instability? Some servers may have had issues, but the way Blizzard has handled it shows that they are a first class orginazition.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yes, miir, I'm willing to take a game that was fantastic out of the box to a game that had to have MAJOR changes made just to enable people to play when they couldn't find a group.
Major changes?
What the fuck ar eyou talking about?
They upped the XP for soloing... thats not quite what I would call a MAJOR change...

As to the many small patches vs. few big patches, while it would please the ADD kiddy inside me to see MOER STUF NOW! I am content with the way Blizzard has handled their problems, and confident from the quality of the previous content patch that the Battlegrounds and outdor raids will rock.
So doing server upgrades after FOUR months is what you would call handling their problems?

The EQ2 dev team has been tweaking server stability, fixing bugs and adding content on a regular basis.... you're seriously trying to twist that into being a 'bad thing'? You're such a cocksucking blizzard fanboy that you can't even tell the difference between good things and bad things now? That's just mind boggling.

p.s. Did SOE ever give us free days for server instability? Some servers may have had issues, but the way Blizzard has handled it shows that they are a first class orginazition.
As a matter of fact they did.
They also gave double XP for a few days afterwards.
There was also a souvenir book available ingame (free) for the players who witnessed the 'cataclysm'.

But none of that really matters because in your bizarro world where blizzard can do no wrong, you'll probably see that as a negative against SOE.
Acun
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: CommanderKudos

Post by Acun »

In reponse to the person that said they wanted more info on the upcoming server character xfers...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq ... -list.html
Booze - Retired Hunter on Zangarmarsh
Acun - Retired Cleric of Veeshan

Suggestions on a game?
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Acun wrote:In reponse to the person that said they wanted more info on the upcoming server character xfers...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq ... -list.html
That would be me...thanks for the link.

Oh... you spelled "witty" incorrectly in your signature.

I are teh sperring porice
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Miir,

Your trolling and anti-wow antics are really making you look like a fucking ass. Who gives a shit about what game anyone plays. Just get over it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm not anti-WoW at all.
I'm just anti-WoW-fanboy.

The anti-EQ2 and anti-SOE people had their kicks at the can on the EQ2 forums a few months back...
I just find it ironic that the shit they predicted SOE would fuck up is the exact same shit that is happening to Blizzard with WoW.

The thing is that if certain WoW players had not trolled and spammed the EQ2 forums in the first few months, I wouldn't be posting here now... you reap what you sow... or something like that.

I also like getting a rise out of some of you guys.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Oh, and I don't care if I look like a 'fucking ass' to people who think that constant content updates are a bad thing.

In thier bizzaro world, a 'fucking ass' would be the greatest compliment.
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

Yea yea yea miir, EQ2 is Da BOMB and WoW is garbage..... Talk about a fanboi. You're Happy with EQ2, Awesome for you <clap, clap, clap> Why do you feel the need to Bash anything or anyone related to WoW, to tell you the truth it's getting....gotten old.

I'll put up with the server downtime and as for lack of content, it will come just like it did in EQ1. If that makes me a Blizzard Fanboi then so be it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Whee more EQ2 vs WoW shitfests! Being someone who is neither in the WoW or the EQ2 camp watching these exchanges is highly fascinating in a way.

(Basically anything someone says about the game someone else is playing will have no affect on how they view the game. It's all useless blather. Which I guess is what this board is all about so carry on.)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Don't see anywhere I said that WoW sucks.
I'm just saying that WoW fanboys who bashed EQ2 without ever playing it suck.

:lol:
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

WoW WINS THE INTERWEB!
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Diae Soulmender wrote:WoW WINS THE INTERWEB!
:vv_bowdown:
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Miir is still trying to suffocate himself on SOE cock.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

dats right Miir! WoW wins da interweb and eq2 wins at da dub-dub-dub.

PS: Not to get all fanboi and shit on ya, but I would rather sit out issues with WoW then play EQ2. Its not that I think EQ2 is a crappy game or anything like that. I just wanted something different and new. Playing in the world of EQ again would.. drive me somewhat insane I think. I see screenshots of guilds hacking down dragons. Screenshots look good. I dont think I would refer to most of the folks here as WoW fanboi's more like most are simply anti-EQ since EQ basically disenchanted most folks due to time sinks, cockblocking, shitty customer service, greed, expansion after expansion and just generally made the game a tough second full time job to keep your e-cock as big as your friends e-cock.

I know thats pretty much what made me throw in the towel on Everquest. I simply got tired of the loot treadmill and grinding AA. As soon as you feel like you 'made it' they add more items (expansions) and AA. I felt like a guinea pig on a wheel.

Will WoW do this to me? Yes, Im certain of it, but at least there will be Battlegrounds and PvP to fall back on... and even then it may get boring after a while.
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You can't flame worth a shit anymore, noel.

sad
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'm not interested in flaming you miir. You're doing a fine job of making yourself look like an ass all on your own.

No one in this forum gives a shit about what you think of WoW.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Pretty much like how noone gave a shit about what you were spamming on the EQ2 forums?

I think we have a winner here!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

You want me to spam the EQ2 forums asshole? I can arrange that.
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

Damm my post turned into a shitfest quick :(

Miir,

If what you say is true, why don't you see Blizzard paying for flash ads on EQ2 fan sites or commericals on techtv?
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Because they just hit 1.5 million subscribers without it :)
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Damiarch
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Damiarch »

Miir, I'm really sorry you had to endure people spamming the EQ2 forums or whatever. I wouldn't know, I have no interest in looking over there. But FFS, this "you did it to me, so I'm going to do it to you" mentality is something I would expect from someone of the Elementary School level. Not a grown person. Please get over it and leave this forum for the people that just want to discuss the game that they play peacefully. And I would hope the same could happen for the "WoW fanbois" you speak of.

Unfortunately I doubt that will happen, and I'll probably end up using the ignore feature for once..
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

No WoW player EVER spammed the EQ2 forums. Miir's definition of spamming and trolling is making ANY comment which COULD be contrued as negative toward EQ2.

He's a whiny little bitch.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

It's all about different strokes for different folks.

Arguing which is the better game is nearly impossible to qualify as it is based on personal preferences of each individual. You can try and dispute that statement with talk of "server stability", "content patches", "player base", "customer service"...but in the end it all boils down to what you like and what you dislike.

I played EQ for nearly 5 years...EQ2 for a few months...I now play WoW...it's just personal preference. I played CoH, AC2, UO, FFXI..they all had their pros and cons.

It's ok to be a big fan of whatever game you are playing...but there is no need to demean the people that play "the other" game...unless you just want to flame away because this is VV.

Regards,

Moon
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I've made 25 individual posts in the EQ2 forum.

Miir has 60 in the WoW forum.

Choke on a cock, whining-spamming-bitch.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Well, I can see where someone playing a different game (as Miir is) might look askance at some of the things but when comparing the games...

- content - I cannot speak for EQ2 but there was enough and still enough content for me in WoW, without additional content being added. Blizzard has promised more which is cool but I don;t NEED it yet to have fun. 99% of the player base doesn't need it. This is a nice change from the "6 month expansion, ready or not" philosophy that SOE pursued, HOWEVER it is early in this product's life and this could slide into it as well.

- patches to fix bugs - again I have no experience with EQ2. Blizzard has promised to address some but it seems they are missing others. In reality we are still in wait and see mode to a large degree. Doesn't sound much different from SOE in EQ, where it took years to address some issues and they still ran into them (how many times over the years did YOU fall through the world?).

- server stability - Blizzard has been sucking ass, no two ways about it. They seem to be trying to re-invent something that they should have been able to learn form others. As I commented before, given their history of fucky expansion launches, etc (and I did retire after OOW came out) I am surprised EQ2's launch has been as smooth as you claim. Congratulations to them: after 6 years it sounds like they finally got it right. If SOE has done it, Blizzard best get the fucking lead out.

- subscriber base - I think the numbers are encouraging to us, no matter what we play. That so many people are playing these games, is exposing a marketplace that was unheard of before EQ1 and appears to be growing more than a lot of others thought. That there is a customer base out there will mean, in the long haul, more better quality products for us to choose from.

- customer service - again I can't speak for EQ2 but the WoW GMs/CS Staff I have been in contact with seem to be right out of the Widjan the Clueless Idiot mold. The one ray of light is that from word go, Blizzard has given free extension days to account for down time. If EQ2 is doing it, well and good: I never got that type of treatment from SOE in EQ from June 99 until I quit in December ( I do wonder which one started it and if the other is just trying to keep up :p ).

Blizzard does get a bit of light treatment from some of us, if for no other reason than they are "the new guys" and they don't carry the baggage SOE does. I can tell you this though: if they can't get their shit squared away, especially on the server/network side, they will fall. People's tolerance can only be stretched so thin.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

No WoW player EVER spammed the EQ2 forums. Miir's definition of spamming and trolling is making ANY comment which COULD be contrued as negative toward EQ2.

He's a whiny little bitch.
Pretty much spot on.

Once after reading one of Miir's posts where he went on and on about how he was tired of WoW fanboy's spamming the EQ2 forums, I actually went over there to look and see what he was so upset about. I read over a dozen threads, saw maybe one negative comment about EQ2. The rest were people asking for info on stuff, patch messages, quest info...normal stuff.

The only thread I saw devoted to being negative about EQ2 was the one noel started when the forums launched, and it appeared to be lighthearted in nature.

Perhaps my perception of lighthearted makes me a blizzard fanboy?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Nah, noel and fash and masteen like stirring shit up on the eq2 forums.
I'm just having some 'lighthearted' fun in WoW forums... :roll:

Apparently some people can dish it out but they cant take it.
Whiney little cocksuckers.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

look in the mirror bitch!

quote a post of me stirring up shit in the eq2 forum, and be sure to include a link to it.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

miir wrote:Nah, noel and fash and masteen like stirring shit up on the eq2 forums.
I'm just having some 'lighthearted' fun in WoW forums... :roll:

Apparently some people can dish it out but they cant take it.
Whining my ass. It's clear who the spammer is, asshole.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I remember they (EQ2 Zealots) got all upset and defensive when people said a certain screenshot looked like crap. It's just a game, Focker!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

miir wrote:Apparently some people can dish it out but they cant take it.
Who is the whiney little cocksucker you fuck? You bled your fucking vagina all over this fucking forum.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

I gave EQ2 a month. Then I tried WoW. I am SO glad that I did. I said previous to WoW being released that I wouldn't trash it without playing it, and I bought it just so I could say "I played both and EQ2 is better", but I was SO wrong. WoW is FUN! EQ2 was more of the frustration. The slow-paced grinding, the experience debt sharing (I was in a group where the Rogue died 6 times doing stupid shit like jumping off a cliff, and we ALL got to share the exp debt). WoW is a refreshing change in that it doesn't feel like work. I'm almost level 58 now, and it's easy because you log on and hang with your friends. Go do a zone, complete some quests...the experience just comes to you while you are exploring, you don't have to GRIND out levels!
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The funny part is that miir STILL doesn't believe that noel and I have actually played EQ2 and didn't like it. It's a shitty game, man. Get over yourself.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

Bitter, Party of one.... Your table is ready.
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Mort wrote:Bitter, Party of one.... Your table is ready.
Don't you mean Biter, Mr. Phil O. Biter? :twisted: