Martha Stewart

What do you think about the world?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Martha Stewart

Post by Akaran_D »

She gets released from one of our lovely federal pens here in WV this weekend. Does anyone else feel a little bit odd about this story still? I'm still stuck with this surreal feeling about the entire thing.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

i think it's done her more good than anything. there's no such thing as bad publicity?
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

She's making billions off of this. Her new book is going to be a record-breaking bestseller because of this, plus she's got millions waiting for her when she gets out to do a reality show. Imagine how rich she'd be if she killed a guy! I guess now she knows what to do next time her career starts to flag..
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

well i think she's lost $1-2 billion of her net worth, but yeah its been great :p

Martha fans though for the most part will welcome her back. I think that for the most party she'll rebound pretty solidly. Her company Martha Stewart Omnimedia is really hoping that is the case, because they took a monstrous hit with all of this.

good for her if she has a solid comeback. what she did compared to what the guys at Enron, Tyco, Adelphia, etc did is nothing.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Well, considering her age, the time she served does screw up her golden age years a bit when every day probably seems more precious because you're closer to death than most, it sucks that she's just going to make more money based on books and television appearances after she gets out. There should be a law stating that you can't profit from time spent in prison...it would be hard to enforce though.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Voronwë wrote:well i think she's lost $1-2 billion of her net worth, but yeah its been great :p
I was just thinking the same thing. Sure, she'll make 10 mil on a book deal and secure CEO status once again, but her value was in her stock and her stock shit-canned.

She ain't whistling dixie
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Her stock is currently trading at nearly it's highest point ever.

add on to that her new Apprentice show, and she's going to be bigger than ever.

One small thing fell through for her... She was marketing a line of floorcovering that was just rebranded stuff the place I work for makes, and the distributor who was running the whole deal just dropped it.
Last edited by Fash on February 28, 2005, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Martha Stewart

Post by Chmee »

Akaran_D wrote:She gets released from one of our lovely federal pens here in WV this weekend. Does anyone else feel a little bit odd about this story still? I'm still stuck with this surreal feeling about the entire thing.
Still annoyed that she was ever convicted in the first place. :)
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Still fail to see why anyone cares.
Talelor
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Talelor »

Think I actually saw somewhere that since she entered the prison her stock trippled. if that's the case, why doesn't bill gates take a page out of her book.
Talelor Boreland
* Veeshan Retired *
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Talelor wrote:Think I actually saw somewhere that since she entered the prison her stock trippled. if that's the case, why doesn't bill gates take a page out of her book.
Because he's afraid of having his backdoor hacked into.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I can't wait for her Playboy pictorial! :twisted:
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

I think that it is more interesting that the latest Newsweek cover has a picture of Martha Stewart's head photoshopped onto someone else's body, but that's okay because somewhere in the fine print, the cover is called a "photo illustration" not an actual photo.

<a href="http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=news& ... html">link to a news article about it</a> (apologies for it being a NY Times article, but it's the only one I could find.)

Here's a quote from it, though:
NY Times wrote:On its cover this week, Newsweek features what appears to be a photo of Ms. Stewart but is actually an image combining a photo of her face and one of a model's body. The idea, an editor at the magazine said, was to portray Ms. Stewart as she may appear when she emerges from prison in a few days - slimmer and stronger than ever.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Hoarmurath wrote:I think that it is more interesting that the latest Newsweek cover has a picture of Martha Stewart's head photoshopped onto someone else's body, but that's okay because somewhere in the fine print, the cover is called a "photo illustration" not an actual photo.

<a href="http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=news& ... html">link to a news article about it</a> (apologies for it being a NY Times article, but it's the only one I could find.)

Here's a quote from it, though:
NY Times wrote:On its cover this week, Newsweek features what appears to be a photo of Ms. Stewart but is actually an image combining a photo of her face and one of a model's body. The idea, an editor at the magazine said, was to portray Ms. Stewart as she may appear when she emerges from prison in a few days - slimmer and stronger than ever.
Like Linda Hamilton for T2!