PS2 family games

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

PS2 family games

Post by cid »

I got the boy a ps2 for xmas, he is 7. I am looking for suggestions on games that he and I would enjoy together. The football games are still too complicated for him :(
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Anything where the rating is M...
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

Hell, the football games are too complicated for me, and I'm 30 :)

The only football game that I understood and enjoyed was Intellivision Football :) I was about 7 when I played that :)
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

XXX BMX? Nothing says family like girls with no shirts riding bikes. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Manhunt!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Serious Suggestions:

Xmen Legends,
Godzilla,
Crash Team Racing,
Hot Shots Golf Fore,
and perhaps Baldurs Gate 2
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Maybe Sly Cooper, Spiderman 1 or 2, Spyro games, even Dog's Life looks pretty cool.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Spyro is awesome for little kids.

I went to a local store and dug through their old PS1 games and ended up getting my nephew Tarzan for christmas. He has mastered it and he is 5.

Twisted metal is a pretty good series to go with because if you stick on god mode then you and the kid can have fun with multiplayer.

Gauntlet Legends is awesome too, I have played and beaten the one for nintendo 64 and PS2 with my nephew.

He also gets a kick out of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

quake 2 was pretty own. love the super nailgun
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Is that your precious' favorite weapon? I figured her to be a sniper using excrement
Farrel
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Farrel »

Ive only played half of the X, but maybe its not too early to start him on the final fantasy series?

edit: oh, and duh,
<--
batman vengeance

edit2: you can run a gamepro search by genre, rating, console and such and come out with a list like this: ps2 & E-rating...

http://gamepro.com/search.cfm?keyword=& ... &sType=adv
Last edited by Farrel on February 25, 2005, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Twisted Metal is NOT a kid game, ROFL.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

There's a Batman game that I mentioned on this forum earlier, I think it's something like... the Rise of Sin-Tzu or something...

Anyway, it's coop, and based on the art (which I like a lot) from the animated series, and I recommend it as a fun time waster, and excellent rental. The fact that you can probably get it for like <$20, might make it worth buying if the two of you like it.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

ages 7+
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

My 9 year son old loves the Jak and Daxter games, Sly Cooper, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, NFL Street (Little brat actually beat me once, then danced around the room telling me I sucked), Tony Hawk and Ratchet and Clank.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Tetris, nuff said.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Ratchet & Clank 1 & 2.. and 3 coming out (or just came out?). That game is awesome and addictive. I've heard a lot of people like the Jak game, but I never got into it. Looked kinda like Ratchet & Clank though. For RPGs the best I played were Champions of Norrath and Baldurs Gate. If you wanna save money, get CoN instead - as they're both extremely similar (using the same engine and all..). That and when you get to Innorruk you can brag to the kid how you killed him in EQ. Gauntlet is also really good. Final Fantasy X was also good. Champions of Norrath 2 is supposed to be extremely good but I haven't tried it yet. NFSU and NFSU2 are good car games and easy to play.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:Serious Suggestions:

Xmen Legends,
Good suggestion. There's tons of gameplay and things to sidetrack the main story. It will continue to challenge at higher levels but there's plenty of fun at beginner levels. The game has lots of options for improving your characters but that can be set on "auto" to improve abilities to simplify things. The controls are straightforward including a great tutorial to begin the game to learn what's what.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Thanks for all the great advice all!